Two strategic leaders: whose team would prevail? Part four!!

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

Please read & comment, I put a lot of time into this! :)

So we have two teams of 15 fighters. Each team has a leader. One team is lead by Deathstroke, and the other by The Punisher.

Both teams get two weeks prep-time. After those two weeks, the teams fight each other to the bitter end. The fight takes place in Dubai, and each team starts at another end of the city.

Dubai:

Each team has its own base of operations, in which they plan their strategy and collect their resources for the upcoming fight. All fighters and leaders stay in the base of operations during the entire given prep time, and cannot use the help of friends from the outside world. Dubai is covered with cameras (let's assume that they're indestructible, no matter what hits them). The leaders do not take part in the actual fight. They observe the fight via TV monitors that are connected to all the cameras, and they can communicate with their teams and give them orders during the fight. A team wins when each member of the other team is dead. Morals off for everyone.

There is nobody in the city except for the fighters. There are cars (that can be hotwired) parked along the sidewalk and in parking lots, though they're not too common (let's say 15% of the amount of cars you'd find in Dubai under regular circumstances). During the fight, all fighters can use the rooftops, sewer systems, etc. They cannot leave the city (which means no BFRs).

Some characters may have specific equipment restrictions and/or unique equipment. Characters without such restrictions/specials, can use whatever equipment they usually have.

Each team knows who is the leader and who are the fighters of the other team, however hey don't know what weapons/equipment the other team will use.

Deathstroke's team:

1. King Leonidias (from 300): Carries a shortsword, a spear, and a Vibranium Spartan greatshield.

2. Captain Cold (pre 52): Cannot use Ice-Grenades or Cold-Fields. Any other pre-52 schticks are allowed.

3. Taskmaster

4. Hush: Carries a military-grade first aid kit.

5. Rorschach (movie version): Carries the following equipment: His grappling hook, a Swiss army knife, a piano-wire, a box of matches and one pound of remote-detonated semtex.

6. Harry Potter: As he was at the end of book 5. Carries his wand (NOT the Elder Wand), a broomstick that can go up to 80 MPH, and he can't use the three unforgivable curses (Avada Kedavra, Crucio, Imperio).

7. David Cain

8. Altair Ibn La'Ahad: Restricted to his hidden blade, a longsword and 5 throwing knives.

9. Talon (Calvin Rose)

10. Lady Shiva

11. Judge Dredd: Carries a barrett 50. cal sniper rifle and sufficient ammo.

12. Agent Venom (Eugene Thompson): Carries a sub machine gun and sufficient ammo.

13. Aragorn: Wears a steel chainmail, and carries Anduril and a steel round shield. Mounted on an armored warhorse.

14. Scarecrow: Has his scythe and his skull-shaped fear-gas sprayer, and a supply of 1 liter of his gas.

15. Huntress: Has a motorcycle.

The Punisher's team:

1. Merlyn the Dark Archer

2. Jason Brody (from Far Cry 3): Restricted to a light machine gun with sufficient ammo, a combat knife and a flare gun with 5 flares.

3. Mockingbird

4. John "Soap" Mactavish (from Call of Duty): Has a bulletproof military jeep with room for 3 more passengers.

5. Vulture

6. Cheshire

7. Iroh

8. Abe Sapien: Cannot use telepathy.

9. Halt O'Carrick: Has Abelard (his horse).

10. Wolverine (bone claws)

11. Lizard

12. Kingpin

13. Azrael (Jean Paul)

14. Kurtis Stryker (from Mortal Kombat): Restricted to two 9mm handguns with sufficient ammo, two police batons, four hand grenades and a tazer.

15. Catman

Summaries for the less familiar characters-Deathstroke's team:

King Leonidias (You havn't watched 300? Seriously?): King Leonidias is the king of Sparta. As a Spartan, he has trained his whole life to be a hardened killer. He's deadly with his spear, shortsword and heavy greatshield (which he also uses as a weapon, and here he has one made of Vibranium). He's a hardened leader and field commander who lead 300 Spartans against 10,000 Persians in the battle of Thermopylae and managed to deal them heavy loses.

Altair Ibn La'Ahad: An extremely deadly assassin. He's an expert fighter, and a master of stealth. He is an expert in free running (parkour) and can scale structures with ease. He is also highly intelligent.

Aragorn (first 300, now Lord of the Rings? Come on!): There is quite a lot to tell about Aragorn. But to make a long story short, he is a deadly warrior, with decades of experience. He is also a great leader and field commander.

Summaries for the less familiar characters-The Punisher's team:

Jason Brody: Jason is a superb athlete. He is has some skill in hand-tohand combat, and is an expert in operating various types of fire arms and explosives. He is also very adept in stealth and a talented hunter. He has experience in surviving in hostile outdoor enviroments.

John "Soap" Mactavish: A captain of the British Special Air Service. He is a trained soldier, and an expert in operating practically any military fire arms and explosives.

Iroh: Despite his old age, Iroh is in excellent physical shape and is a formidable martial artist. He is an extremely powerful fire-bender (manipulator), and can produce and control fire and even bolts of ligtning.

Abe Sapien: Abe is an amphibian who can survive underwater. He is an excellent marksman and hand-tohand combatant. He has psychometric abilities and superhuman durability, as well as a healing factor. He is also extremely intelligent.

Halt O'Carrick: A Ranger of the Kingdom of Araluen, Halt has a various set of skills. He is superb and extremely accurate with a bow (though nothing close to comic book archers like Green Arrow, Merlyn, etc) and a throwing knife. He carries a recurve bow and 24 arrows, a small throwing knife and a bigger knife (called a Saxe knife) which is more suited for melee. He also carries two small blunt weapons called Strikers, that can be used to silently knock out targets. The Strikers can be screwed together to make a club. He is a master of stealth and an extremely resourceful strategist. His horse, Abelard, is incredibly fast, capable of outpacing almost any horse with relative ease. He has great stamina and is very intelligent.

Kurtis Stryker: Stryker is a trained police officer. He is an expert martial artist and hand-to-hand combatant, and extremely skilled in the use of his dual police batons in combat. He is also trained in using handguns and hand grenades.

BONUS ROUND!!!!

You do not have to refer to this round in your comments.

In this round, there is an island located two kilometers off the coast of Dubai. The first team who gets to this island, can claim the following:

1. One bulletproof military ambulance, with a large supply of any medical equipment you'd find in a military ambulance.

2. One Dragunov sniper rifle, and a clip of 10 rounds. The rounds in this clip are made of a mixture of Adamantium, Vibranium, Valyrin Steel and Prometheum.

3. Three AT rocker launchers with five rockets each (which means fifteen rockets).

4. Fifteen bloodlusted Uruk-Hai, armed with scimitars.

But wait, there's more! There is only one way to get to this island: with a ship. Each team has three ships (one of which is a flagship, which is larger and more durable that the other two). Each team's ships and flagships are exactly the same. The difference is, the ships' crews. Each team has one captain and fifty crewmen on its flagship, and thirty more crewmen on each of the two other ships (all in all-each team has 110 crewmen and one captain).

Deathstroke's team has Hector Barbossa commanding the flagship, with a crew of 110 bloodthirsty pirates, armed with cutlasses, boarding axes, and any other pirate-ish weapon you can think of (they have no canons and no fire arms).

Barbossa is a gifted sea-captain. Under his command, ships (including the infamous Black Pearl) and crewmen have traveled through storms and whirlpools and lived to tell the tale. He is a vicious pirate warrior who takes no prisoners, and has fought in many battles at sea.

The Punisher's team has Victarion Greyjoy commanding the flagship, with a crew of 110 Ironborn reavers, armed with swords, axes, maces, dirks and any other melee weapon they can get their hands on, and of course their infamous throwing axes.

Victarion is the commander of the Iron Fleet, the strongest, fastest, most dangerous fleet in the Seven Kingdoms. As an Ironborn, he's a natural born seaman, and has commanded fleets through many storms and tough conditions. He is a ferocious fighter that handles enemies with ease with his battleaxe, and has taken part in many raids and sea battles.

The ships start facing each other, with the mainland to one side and the island to the other. They start one kilometer from the mainland (hence one kilometer from the island) and 150 meters apart.

Any team member who isn't part of the ships' crew cannot access the island. They can, however, help their team's ships against the other team's ships. The prizes from the island must be carried back to the mainland via ship.

Once again, you can ignore the bonus round in your comments, but it makes the fight all the more interesting in my opinion, so why not?

So, now it's up to you... who wins, and why?

Thanks for reading, I'd appreciate you comment! :)

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big players on Team One:

Captain Cold - Basically unstoppable; as of the new 52 his cold field will be enough to slow down his opponents to snail speed

Agent Venom - What do I need to say? Incredibly powerful

Lady Shiva - AFAIK best martial artist here

Big players on Team Two:

Lizard - Obscenely fast and strong

Wolverine - Healing factor makes him nearly impossible to put down

Iroh - Bending lightning and fire will offer him an enormous advantage

Halt - Abelard can run at up to 60mph and Halt can shoot just as well on his horse as he can off, shooting with enough force to one-shot most of Team One. He can loose three arrows a second

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@thedarklordpandamonium said:

Big players on Team One:

Captain Cold - Basically unstoppable; as of the new 52 his cold field will be enough to slow down his opponents to snail speed

Agent Venom - What do I need to say? Incredibly powerful

Lady Shiva - AFAIK best martial artist here

Big players on Team Two:

Lizard - Obscenely fast and strong

Wolverine - Healing factor makes him nearly impossible to put down

Iroh - Bending lightning and fire will offer him an enormous advantage

Halt - Abelard can run at up to 60mph and Halt can shoot just as well on his horse as he can off, shooting with enough force to one-shot most of Team One. He can loose three arrows a second

Oh my bad, I forgot to mention it's pre-52 CC.

Nice to finally meet a fellow Ranger's Apprentice fan, by the way!

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper:

Ohhh dunno anything about Pre-52 CC. He'd still prolly be a threat though.

And yes Ranger's Apprentice is the sh*t. I'm reading the Hunters right now.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper:

Ohhh dunno anything about Pre-52 CC. He'd still prolly be a threat though.

And yes Ranger's Apprentice is the sh*t. I'm reading the Hunters right now.

Sweet, is that from the Brotherband? Havn't read those yet, unfortunately. But I have read all 11 RA books, really loved them all.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 the_red_viper  Moderator

Bump

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poor Aragorn :'(

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

So you're saying team 2 wins this?

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@optimuspalm said:

Still making my mind up on how the fight would go. I dont think Aragorn would last long though. I also think Harry Potter could be very useful in this fight. I'll be back later when i've thought a bit more on this. Good set up mate!

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper said:

@optimuspalm said:

Still making my mind up on how the fight would go. I dont think Aragorn would last long though. I also think Harry Potter could be very useful in this fight. I'll be back later when i've thought a bit more on this. Good set up mate!

Yeah, Harry would definently be a key player in here. And I'm glad to hear you liked it, thanks! :) What do you think of the bonus round, by the way?

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@optimuspalm said:

@the_red_viper said:

@optimuspalm said:

Yeah, Harry would definently be a key player in here. And I'm glad to hear you liked it, thanks! :) What do you think of the bonus round, by the way?

hmmmm....without cannons and stuff it seems it would just be a race to the island. Guess it depends which way the wind is blowing....

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper said:

@optimuspalm said:

@the_red_viper said:

@optimuspalm said:

hmmmm....without cannons and stuff it seems it would just be a race to the island. Guess it depends which way the wind is blowing....

Not really. They'd have to ram and board each other's ships in order to prevent the other team from getting there first. Cannons would have given the pirates an unfair advantage since the Ironborn have never used any kind of fire arms and would have no idea how to operate them, unlike the pirates who use cannons and pistols and such on a regular basis.

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: So how does the bonus round start. In my head i was thinking that the island would be in between the ships. Did you mean the ships are next to each other? If so, massive advantage to Greyjoy as his men are the only ones with projectile weapons

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper: So how does the bonus round start. In my head i was thinking that the island would be in between the ships. Did you mean the ships are next to each other? If so, massive advantage to Greyjoy as his men are the only ones with projectile weapons

It starts at the exact same time as the regular fight in the mainland. For example, let's take Deathstroke's ships: They start one kilometer from the mainland and from the island. They have the mainland to their left and the island to their right. The Punisher's ships have the mainland one kilometer to their right and the island one kilometer to the left, and the two teams' ships start the fight 150 meters apart, facing each other.

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: I think the Greyjoys would go straight for the Pirates, but the Pirates (seeing they dont have their usual weapons) would turn and go straight for the island, therefore getting the goods first and winning the battle. (they would use the rocket launchers to take out the enemy ships).

Go pirates!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

So, first we need to look directly at what each character brings to the table.

Deathstroke's team:- More intelligent than Punisher, more resourceful. Will be able to utilize his teams supernatural abilities better than Punisher, but Punisher has more of a military mind, giving him an edge in that department.

1. King Leonidias (from 300): Carries a shortsword, a spear, and a Vibranium Spartan greatshield. - Don't really see what he can do here..

2. Captain Cold (pre 52): Cannot use Ice-Grenades or Cold-Fields. Any other pre-52 schticks are allowed. - From what I've heard he's going to be a big factor, especially given the prep.

3. Taskmaster - Will probably take some bodies with him before he goes down.

4. Hush: Carries a military-grade first aid kit. - No idea

5. Rorschach (movie version): Carries the following equipment: His grappling hook, a Swiss army knife, a piano-wire, a box of matches and one pound of remote-detonated semtex. - Don't know if I remember this guy, but sounds like he'd be useful.

6. Harry Potter: As he was at the end of book 5. Carries his wand (NOT the Elder Wand), a broomstick that can go up to 80 MPH, and he can't use the three unforgivable curses (Avada Kedavra, Crucio, Imperio). - Massive player here. With two weeks he has all of Hogwarts to prep with.

7. David Cain - Not sure

8. Altair Ibn La'Ahad: Restricted to his hidden blade, a longsword and 5 throwing knives. - Yeah, hook this guy up with some new tech and he's ready to do some serious killing. Also, if he can use Deathstrokes resources to get the Apple of Eden then that's a massive advantage for his team.

9. Talon (Calvin Rose) - Dunno

10. Lady Shiva - Big help

11. Judge Dredd: Carries a barrett 50. cal sniper rifle and sufficient ammo. - Big help

12. Agent Venom (Eugene Thompson): Carries a sub machine gun and sufficient ammo. - It's unfair how badly this guy will stomp some of the people on the other team.

13. Aragorn: Wears a steel chainmail, and carries Anduril and a steel round shield. Mounted on an armored warhorse. - Suffers the same fate as Leonidas

14. Scarecrow: Has his scythe and his skull-shaped fear-gas sprayer, and a supply of 1 liter of his gas. - Big help, especially in the sewers.

15. Huntress: Has a motorcycle. - Dunno but motorcycle = roflstomp in the style department.

The Punisher's team:- Has a very militaristic mindset and will be able to coordinate his teams attacks well.

1. Merlyn the Dark Archer - Dunno

2. Jason Brody (from Far Cry 3): Restricted to a light machine gun with sufficient ammo, a combat knife and a flare gun with 5 flares. - Will help a bit but not loads.

3. Mockingbird - Not sure

4. John "Soap" Mactavish (from Call of Duty): Has a bulletproof military jeep with room for 3 more passengers. - Actually going to be a big factor here. The jeep gives his team a lot of options, and his time in the military makes him a perfect match for Punisher. They'll both be able to coordinate the team well on the field.

5. Vulture - Will help with prep and scouting the area.

6. Cheshire - Name rings a bell but not sure

7. Iroh - Not sure

8. Abe Sapien: Cannot use telepathy. - Not sure

9. Halt O'Carrick: Has Abelard (his horse). - Not sure

10. Wolverine (bone claws) - Definitely taking some bodies in this fight

11. Lizard - Same as Wolverine

12. Kingpin - Could help a bit

13. Azrael (Jean Paul) - Big help

14. Kurtis Stryker (from Mortal Kombat): Restricted to two 9mm handguns with sufficient ammo, two police batons, four hand grenades and a tazer. - Not entirely sure but probably taking some bodies

15. Catman - Not sure

All in all... I think Deathstroke has some serious advantages, especially if Altair is allowed to get the Apple. I do however have limited knowledge on all the characters so it'd helpful if someone filled the gaps.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@optimuspalm:

Nice assessment. But getting the equipment doesn't mean they win the fight. They still have to take out all 15 fighters of the enemy team.

@i_like_swords

Thanks for your comment, nice assessment! However, Altair is restricted to the listed equipment (hidden blade, longsword, throwing knives), and Harry Potter Cannot leave the base of operations (and neither can any other team member/leader). I'll make sure to mention that in the OP. All fighters can use their usual equipment only (which means Merlyn for example can use his bow and trick arrows and any other equipment he usually has, but not anything else like guns and such).

There are summaries for some of the characters in the OP, if you want summaries for anyone else just say the word and I'll edit the OP :)

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I think I'm leaning towards team Deathstroke. The three members that really stick out to me that will give Deathstroke a significant advantage are Harry Potter, Agent Venom, and Scarecrow because of his fear gas. His fear gas could make things interesting. If he could somehow sneak it onto the opposing players ship and gas the entire crew, that would make a quick win for Deathstroke as they could own the island and all of the supplies with no opposition. They could also unleash the ship's crew on land and have a huge army to take out the other team.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the_red_viper  Moderator

@tparks:

Nice assessment! Thanks for the comment bro. However it's going to be hard for Scarecrow to get on the enemy ship, since he has to cross one kilometer of sea. It would be possible for Harry to give him a ride on his broomstick of course, given they use the two weeks prep time to teach Scarecrow how to ride a broomstick. Even if he does get on the ship, however, he has to use his gas wisely: one liter isn't a very large supply, it'll arguably be enough to poison the crew on one ship (30 men). And he'll have to confront the Ironborn crewmen too, although Harry can provide some air support.

Even if it all works our, however, getting the supplies on the island won't gurantee victory.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the_red_viper  Moderator

(bump) c'mon people, I've put SERIOUS time into this! :(

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: I'm still thinking lol

leaning towards team 1 but if i tried to type out my explanation right now i'd probably change my mind half way through :)

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper: I'm still thinking lol

leaning towards team 1 but if i tried to type out my explanation right now i'd probably change my mind half way through :)

Lol, took me some time to figure out my wat around you Middle Earth thread earlier, it was fun though :D

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks:

Nice assessment! Thanks for the comment bro. However it's going to be hard for Scarecrow to get on the enemy ship, since he has to cross one kilometer of sea. It would be possible for Harry to give him a ride on his broomstick of course, given they use the two weeks prep time to teach Scarecrow how to ride a broomstick. Even if he does get on the ship, however, he has to use his gas wisely: one liter isn't a very large supply, it'll arguably be enough to poison the crew on one ship (30 men). And he'll have to confront the Ironborn crewmen too, although Harry can provide some air support.

Even if it all works our, however, getting the supplies on the island won't gurantee victory.

I just realized there are multiple ships for each team and not just a huge ship for each team. It would be a gamble, but if scarecrow can be on board with one of his teams ships and find a way to board the enemies flag ship (or whatever ship has the captain on it). He could cause a lot of chaos with a liter of fear gas. He probably couldn't get the whole crew, but he could cause enough confusion for them to be easy targets. Like you said though, winning the war at sea isn't everything in this battle, but that is a tactic team Deathstroke could use.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Deathstroke's team looks pretty stacked....

DeathSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both team have big players but both teams have two major ones each and i think it will come down to this.

Venom and Captain Cold vs Wolverine and Lizard

and I think Venoms good but Lizard might take him down and help Wolvie jump CC, and I don't think CC can even keep Wolverine down.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 the_red_viper  Moderator

Deathstroke's team looks pretty stacked....

It does now doesn't it?

Both team have big players but both teams have two major ones each and i think it will come down to this.

Venom and Captain Cold vs Wolverine and Lizard

and I think Venoms good but Lizard might take him down and help Wolvie jump CC, and I don't think CC can even keep Wolverine down.

Yeas, but at the same time, you're forgetting that it's mainly a question of who has the better strategy. The teams are pretty balanced in terms of all-out power, but it doesn't necessarily come down to each team's biggest powerhouses facing each other. If Punisher plays his cards right, for example, Halt or Merlyn can put an arrow between CC's or Venom's eyes before either of them can claim one kill. It's not just about who can deliver the hardest punch, you know what I mean?

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 the_red_viper  Moderator

bumpity bump-bump

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By tparks

If Deathstroke can utilize Harry Potter to his potential, he can be used to buff his team, debuff the other team, cast defensive, offensive, and healing spells all while being more mobile then pretty much everyone else. He should be key in winning for Deathstroke.

Deathstroke also has 2 weeks of prep with Taskmaster. I know Taskmaster isn't a prep master, but he is a master at training others how to fight against specific people. That will be a big advantage over everyone on Team Punisher if he has access to view any of their fights.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 the_red_viper  Moderator

@tparks said:

If Deathstroke can utilize Harry Potter to his potential, he can be used to buff his team, debuff the other team, cast defensive, offensive, and healing spells all while being more mobile then pretty much everyone else. He should be key in winning for Deathstroke.

Deathstroke also has 2 weeks of prep with Taskmaster. I know Taskmaster isn't a prep master, but he is a master at training others how to fight against specific people. That will be a big advantage over everyone on Team Punisher if he has access to view any of their fights.

The Harry we're speaking of is end of year five Harry. I'm 99% sure that he didn't know how to cast healing spells at the end of book 5, and he wasn't too powerful altogether. However, I completely agree that he is definently a key player in this match.

About Taskmaster, he may be able to learn more about some of the fighters in the other team if he tries, but even if he can't there are several fighters in the other team that I'm pretty sure he's familiar with (like Wolverine, for example, or Kingpin, or Mockingbird. Anyone from the Marvel Universe that he's crossed paths with).

DeathSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DeathSamurai

@the_red_viper: I know what you mean, but Halt or Merlyn shooting arrows in Venom's eyes won't work he can heal through much worse.

Punisher is the better tactian in my opinion, and I think he might wins some but Deathstroke team has the majority.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper: I know what you mean, but Halt or Merlyn shooting arrows in Venom's eyes won't work he can heal through much worse.

Punisher is the better tactian in my opinion, and I think he might wins some but Deathstroke team has the majority.

Halt's arrows might not work (though his bow is probably strong enough to puncture his brain), but Merlyn's got many trick arrows (like Green Arrow/Hawkeye for example), and he probably has arrows that are more than enough to get the better of Venom. In all honesty, I always think of Venom as a less experienced Spiderman with a gun, so I think he can be brought down.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 the_red_viper  Moderator

bump

RetardRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, first we need to look directly at what each character brings to the table.

8. Altair Ibn La'Ahad: Restricted to his hidden blade, a longsword and 5 throwing knives. - Yeah, hook this guy up with some new tech and he's ready to do some serious killing. Also, if he can use Deathstrokes resources to get the Apple of Eden then that's a massive advantage for his team.

If he does, it's a supreme ultra godlike curb spite stomp.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 the_red_viper  Moderator

@retardrobot: Yeah, it would definently be rediculous. But Altair is restricted to a hidden blade, a longsword and 5 throwing knives.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 the_red_viper  Moderator

bump :(

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

The Harry we're speaking of is end of year five Harry. I'm 99% sure that he didn't know how to cast healing spells at the end of book 5, and he wasn't too powerful altogether. However, I completely agree that he is definently a key player in this match.

About Taskmaster, he may be able to learn more about some of the fighters in the other team if he tries, but even if he can't there are several fighters in the other team that I'm pretty sure he's familiar with (like Wolverine, for example, or Kingpin, or Mockingbird. Anyone from the Marvel Universe that he's crossed paths with).

That's true about Harry. I don't really recall him casting a healing spell ever now that I think about it. If he spent his prep time making potions or learning healing spells, then he could be a very dangerous weapon even before the fight begins. I'm not sure if he would have access to potion material with his prep location though.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 the_red_viper  Moderator

@tparks said:

@the_red_viper said:

@tparks said:

That's true about Harry. I don't really recall him casting a healing spell ever now that I think about it. If he spent his prep time making potions or learning healing spells, then he could be a very dangerous weapon even before the fight begins. I'm not sure if he would have access to potion material with his prep location though.

I think I remember in the beginning of book 7 that he said he has to ask Hermione to teach him some basic healing spells.

Anywho, he can in fact make potions and whatnot, but only basic ones (the Felix Felicis for example, which is very hard to make, wouldn't qualify).

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 the_red_viper  Moderator

bump? =P

Elzio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Elzio1

Team Deathstroke by a slight margin, only because I believe this team is more experienced and has better team players. Team 1 is made of better tacticians.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Deathsroke team 7/10