Two strategic leaders: whose team would prevail? Part two!!!

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

So we have two teams of 15 fighters. Each team has a leader. One team is lead by Tony Stark, and the other by Lex Luthor.

Both teams get two weeks prep-time. After those two weeks, the teams fight each other to the bitter end. The fight takes place in Dubai (kudos to OptimusPalm for the idea), and each team starts at another end of the city.

Dubai:

Each team has its own base of operations, in which they plan their strategy and collect their resources for the upcoming fight. Dubai is covered with cameras (let's assume that they're indestructible, no matter what hits them). The leaders do not take part in the actual fight. They observe the fight via TV monitors that are connected to all the cameras, and they can communicate with their teams and give them orders during the fight. A team wins when each member of the other team is dead. Morals off for everyone.

There is nobody in the city except for the fighters. There are cars (that can be hotwired) parked along the sidewalk and in parking lots, though they're not too common (let's say 15% of the amount of cars you'd find in Dubai under regular circumstances). During the fight, all fighters can use the rooftops, sewer systems, etc. They cannot leave the city (which means no BFRs).

Some characters may have specific equipment restrictions and/or unique equipment. Characters without such restrictions/specials, can use whatever equipment they usually have.

Tony Stark's Team:

1. Nite Owl II: Has the Owlship.

2. The Talon (William Cobb)

3. Agent Venom (Eugene Thompson): Carries a sub machine gun and sufficient ammo.

4. Deadpool: Nerfed healing factor. His healing factor is now similar to Deathstroke's (heals faster from injuries, cannot replace entire body parts).

5. Sweet Tooth the Clown (from Twisted Metal): Has an armored ice-cream truck with two mounted miniguns.

6. Judge Dredd: Has a barrett 50 cal. sniper rifle and sufficient ammo.

7. Angel: Regular abilities only (no Archangel).

8. Jaqen H'ghar

9. Hush

10. Falcon

11. Baraka (from Mortal Kombat)

12. Steel (John Henry Irons): Doesn't have the Aegis.

13. Beatrix Kiddo (Black Mamba/The Bride from Kill Bill)

14. Will Treaty (from Ranger's Apprentice): Has Tug (his horse).

15. Killer Frost

Lex Luthor's Team:

1. Spiderman

2. Nick Fury: Has an AT rocket launcher and 5 rockets, an assault rifle and sufficient ammo.

3. Huntress: Has a motorcycle.

4. Cyborg

5. Roran Stronghammer

6. Daredevil

7. Connor Kenway: Restricted to two regular hidden blades and a tomahawk.

8. Pyro

9. Bucky Barnes: Doesn't have the shield.

10. Rocketeer

11. Green Arrow

12. Jason Todd: Has two 9mm handguns, a sub machine gun, a combat knife and sufficient ammo.

13. Ra's al-Ghul: Cannot be revived.

14. Nathan Drake (from Uncharted)

15. Clayface

Summaries for the less familiar characters:

1. Sweet Tooth the Clown: An ice cream truck driver that went insane and murdered his family. Now he participates in Calypso's violent Twisted Metal tournament. He's an expert driver and his truck can withstand a great amount of punishment, plus he is quite a big muscled guy who often carries around a shotgun and/or a chainsaw.

2. Jaqen H'ghar: An assassin of the Faceless Men-a shadowy group of the world's greatest assassins. A grand master of stealth and disguise (he can literally change his face), and specializes in a wide arsenal of weapons and many poisons that carry different effects. He is also a very decent sword fighter.

3. Baraka: A warrior of the Tarkatan race. He is a skilled martial artist, has a set of vicious, razor sharp teeth, and a couple of sharp, long retracable blades within his forearms.

4. Beatrix Kiddo: A deadly martial artist and swordfighter. Carries a quality katana forged by the master ninja and swordsmith Hattori Hanzo. Beatrix was trained by Pai Mei, a grandmaster in martial arts, Pai Mei has taught her the lethal "Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique": Beatrix hits the victim with her fingertips on five different pressure points, then simply lets him walk away. Once the victim has taken five steps, his heart explodes inside his body, instantly killing him. This manuever is considered the deadliest in all martial arts.

Feats: A bloodlusted Beatrix Kiddo has killed a whole squad of deadly assassins by herself. On the way she has broken out of a buried coffin and has killed dozens of Yakuza fighters who came at her all at once.

5. Will Treaty: A Ranger of the Kingdom of Araluen, Will Treaty has a various set of skills. He is superb and extremely accurate with a bow (though nothing close to Green Arrow) and a throwing knife. He carries a recurve bow and 24 arrows, a small throwing knife and a bigger knife (called a Saxe knife) which is more suited for melee. He also carries two small blunt weapons called Strikers, that can be used to silently knock out targets. The Strikers can be screwed together to make a club. He is a master of stealth and an extremely resourceful strategist, and skilled at climbing trees and structures. His horse, Tug, is incredibly fast, capable of outpacing any other horse with relative ease. He has great stamina and is very intelligent.

Feats: Will Treaty has many feats. For example, he has lead a siege on a well-guarded castle while being greatly outnumbered.

6. Roran Stronghammer: As the name suggests, his weapon of choice is a warhammer. He is a ferocious fighter. He is very creative and resourceful, and makes for an excellent field commander.

Feats: Roran has proved himself many times over. He has lead untrained villagers against trained soldiers and even monsters who had them outnumbered, has killed 193 enemies single handedly in one battle, beaten an Urgal (much like an orc) in an unarmed combat, has taken well guarded cities and more.

7. Connor Kenway: A Native-American assassin trained by a former assassin of the brotherhood. He is skilled in using both melee and ranged weapons, a master of stealth and expert at free-running (parkour) and climbing trees and structures.

8. Rocketeer: A stunt pilot who has discovered a mysterious package containing a jetpack prototype that allows him to fly. He is in an excellent physical condition and a skilled marksman.

9. Nathan Drake: A treasure hunter and adventurer. He's in amazing physical shape and can scale structures with ease. He's skilled at using fire arms and explosive and at hand to hand combat. He is very resourceful, and one of the luckiest bastards on the planet.

So, now it's up to you: Who's gonna win?

DeathSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DeathSamurai

team one might win because they are more ruthless but than again nathen drake is so lucky all of team one will fall one a banana peel on die lol

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 the_red_viper  Moderator

team one might win because they are more ruthless but than again nathen drake is so lucky all of team one will fall one a banana peel on die lol

Lol, yeah, with Drake everything is possible.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say Team 2 would win. Clayface, Cyborg, and Spider-Man are too versatile in my opinion. Cyborg would BFR a majority of team 1, Clayface is very difficult to put down, and a morals off Spider-Man is scary. Also, Lex is better at commanding people than Tony in my opinion. Tony always seems to bud heads with everyone and more of a diy kind of guy.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@omgomgwtfwtf said:

I would say Team 2 would win. Clayface, Cyborg, and Spider-Man are too versatile in my opinion. Cyborg would BFR a majority of team 1, Clayface is very difficult to put down, and a morals off Spider-Man is scary. Also, Lex is better at commanding people than Tony in my opinion. Tony always seems to bud heads with everyone and more of a diy kind of guy.

Venom's powers are similar to Spidey's, and Killer Frost can take out Clayface with relative ease.

By the way, BFR means battle field removal right? Then it isn't possible (it was mentioned in the OP but it can be interpeted as leaving the area=disqualification).

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper:

Truthfully, Flash Thompson as Venom hasn't been that impressive in my opinion. I mean he had trouble with Kraven the Hunter and Taskmaster with a flaming sword. Killer Frost may be able to freeze Clayface, but that is only temporary, he could easily be defrosted by Pyro. Pyro could also just counter Killer Frost. Cyborg in my opinion is the trump card for Team 2, his ability to open boom tubes is a valuable asset.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper:

Truthfully, Flash Thompson as Venom hasn't been that impressive in my opinion. I mean he had trouble with Kraven the Hunter and Taskmaster with a flaming sword. Killer Frost may be able to freeze Clayface, but that is only temporary, he could easily be defrosted by Pyro. Pyro could also just counter Killer Frost. Cyborg in my opinion is the trump card for Team 2, his ability to open boom tubes is a valuable asset.

While it is a valuable asset, Cyborg can be easily killed with stealth. Tony's team has guys like Jaqen, Will, Talon and Deadpool who can put something through his head. Clayface can be killed with water, so if Pyro's going to melt Killer Frost's ice, it's going to be counter productive. Plus, with enough ice, Clayface can be put down (like in the final bossfight of Batman: Arkham City. Or is that not a reliable source)? And on top of all, Nite Owl's got some cool toys up in his Owlship that can take care of Clayface. Oh, and BTW, Venom's Symbiote grants him immunity to the Spider-Sense (who knew, right?)

DeathSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

team one also has judge dredd who is a boss

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 the_red_viper  Moderator

team one also has judge dredd who is a boss

Both teams are supplied with a good amount of bosslyness =P

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 ftw

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While it is a valuable asset, Cyborg can be easily killed with stealth. Tony's team has guys like Jaqen, Will, Talon and Deadpool who can put something through his head. Clayface can be killed with water, so if Pyro's going to melt Killer Frost's ice, it's going to be counter productive. Plus, with enough ice, Clayface can be put down (like in the final bossfight of Batman: Arkham City. Or is that not a reliable source)? And on top of all, Nite Owl's got some cool toys up in his Owlship that can take care of Clayface. Oh, and BTW, Venom's Symbiote grants him immunity to the Spider-Sense (who knew, right?)

Cyborg has built-in sensors. Not to mention Daredevil is on team 2. It's going to be impossible to sneak up on them. On the note of Venom, Spider-Man has dealt with every incarnation of Venom and had no problem holding his own, despite not having his spider-sense. Spider-Man actually trained with Shang-Chi after losing his spider-sense and created his own martial art fighting style, which involves pressure points. Not to mention, this is probably Spock and he can come up with some pretty impressive equipment in his own right.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@omgomgwtfwtf said:

@the_red_viper said:

Cyborg has built-in sensors. Not to mention Daredevil is on team 2. It's going to be impossible to sneak up on them. On the note of Venom, Spider-Man has dealt with every incarnation of Venom and had no problem holding his own, despite not having his spider-sense. Spider-Man actually trained with Shang-Chi after losing his spider-sense and created his own martial art fighting style, which involves pressure points. Not to mention, this is probably Spock and he can come up with some pretty impressive equipment in his own right.

I'm not suggesting sneaking up on DD. I'm suggesting sneaking up on Cyborg. What can his sensors do? Do they alert him of an incoming projectile? Don't think it'll help him against a bullet. Especially if Dredd is firing it (high calibur means it's deadlier. A bullet shot from a barrett 50. cal sniper rifle can penetrate thick concrete walls).

About spidey, there are better martial artists than him on Tony's team (Baraka, arguably Deadpool, and Kiddo, who was trained by Pai Mei and knows theFive Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique, speaking of pressure points). Not to mention, we havn't even spoken about Steel. He's one damn deadly SOB.

@dondave said:

Team 1 ftw

Explain?

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper said:

By the way, Tony's also got Angel on his team. Angel can fly, has enhanced physical abilities including strength and speed (he's faster that Human Torch), and he's skilled at h2h combat as he's been trained by Psylocke, Wolverine, Black Widow and Hercules.

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By robertloucksjr

Angel, not Archangel, faster than the Human Torch? I highly doubt that.

Angel - The Angel's normal cruising speed averages around 70 miles per hour (112 kph), though he is capable of diving swoops that reach up to 180 miles per hour (290 kph). He can fly at 150 miles per hour (240 kph) without the help of a tail wind for up to half an hour at a time before tiring to an appreciable degree.

Human Torch - By forming a jet from his feet, directed behind him, he can achieve a normal flight speed of 140 miles per hour, and accelerate up to supersonic speeds.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@robertloucksjr said:

Angel, not Archangel, faster than the Human Torch? I highly doubt that.

Angel - The Angel's normal cruising speed averages around 70 miles per hour (112 kph), though he is capable of diving swoops that reach up to 180 miles per hour (290 kph). He can fly at 150 miles per hour (240 kph) without the help of a tail wind for up to half an hour at a time before tiring to an appreciable degree.

Human Torch - By forming a jet from his feet, directed behind him, he can achieve a normal flight speed of 140 miles per hour, and accelerate up to supersonic speeds.

I read it on Wikipedia, maybe they were referring to Archangel (it's hard to know, it's a very messy article). Anyhow, he is fast, strong and skilled enough to go toe to toe with Spidey.

BTW, it's not that I'm in favor of Tony's team. I would have argued for Luthor's team if you'd have said Tony wins.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16  Edited By Pokeysteve

Comes down to Steel and Cyborg. If Cyborg can take out Steel than team 2 wins via gear. If not than no one else is stopping Steel and he systematically takes out team 2 with directions from Stark.

DraZah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this OP & everyone who posted above ^^^^^ Troll?

Team 2. Spite

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cfrehse

idk pretty close battle im leaning towards team 2

batnorris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: wow I applaud you for taking the time for this setup. It looks like it took a long time. Now down to business, just to troll, I'll say team 2 and not give a reason :-)

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@pokeysteve said:

Comes down to Steel and Cyborg. If Cyborg can take out Steel than team 2 wins via gear. If not than no one else is stopping Steel and he systematically takes out team 2 with directions from Stark.

They may very well be the elites of their teams, but each team has a set of other fighters to be reckoned with. Tony's got Venom, Angel, Killer Frost, Nite Owl with his ship etc, and Luthor's got Spiderman, Pyro, Clayface etc. What I'm saying is, it doesn't necessarily fall down to Cyborg VS Steel. Both of them can be taken care of, if the strategy is good.

@drazah said:

Is this OP & everyone who posted above ^^^^^ Troll?

Team 2. Spite

Uhh, no...

@cfrehse said:

idk pretty close battle im leaning towards team 2

@batnorris said:

@the_red_viper: wow I applaud you for taking the time for this setup. It looks like it took a long time. Now down to business, just to troll, I'll say team 2 and not give a reason :-)

Thanks, glad you liked it :) And since you didn't give any arguments I can't give any counter arguments (that was for both of you) :)

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 the_red_viper  Moderator

(up)

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

This could really go either way, but I think team 2 has this. 2 has some tough characters like Spiderman, Cyborg, Clayface, Dared Devil, Pyro, and Green Arrow. I think what really gives team 2 the edge is the battlefield leaders. Roran Stronghammer is a proven war leader and a tough fighter. He is out of his class with most of the other people, but he has beaten the odds on several occasions (like killing 193 soldiers single-handedly in a battle or killing the Twins) so I don't count him out. He's also led an army of villagers, not soldiers, and beaten armies of greater sizes and strengths then his own. It's awesome to see Roran in a thread by the way. Team 2 also has leaders in Nick Fury and Ra's Al Guhl. I also think that Lex Luthor would be a better battle planner then Tony Stark. Tony Stark is a brilliant engineer and inventor, but I thought his career as SHIELD Director and leader during the Civil War was pretty weak. One could argue a lot of that was PIS though.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the_red_viper  Moderator

@tparks: Yeah, I figured putting Eragon in here wasn't gonna work out as he can pretty much solo this out with magic, lol

You're forgetting team 1 has some brilliant leaders as well. There's a reason I put Will treaty in team 1 and not team 2: I know Tony's not as much a strategist as Lex Luthor, so I gave him Will, who is a top-notch strategist. He successfuly lead a siege on a well-defended castle while being outnumbered, for example. As much as I love Roran and he's a brilliant leader and all, Will tops him by a lot. I'll write down an impressive feat or two for every unknown character on my next thread.

Plus, Hush is considered a genius and he would have killed Batman, the world's greatest detective and a brilliant strategist (most probably the smartest human being in the DCU, after Ozymandias), if only Harvey Dent hadn't showed up just a moment before he put a knife through Batman's throat.

And while it's true that team 2 has plenty of heavy-hitters, team 1 also has quite a few aces in its sleeve (Steel, Angel, Killer Frost, Venom etc).

Thank you very much for your comment, man :)

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this comment about Lex being a better commander then Tony is the best edge team 2 has.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@tparks said:

@omgomgwtfwtf said:

I think this comment about Lex being a better commander then Tony is the best edge team 2 has.

Lex is indeed a better strategist, but I think I evened it out when I gave Tony minds like Hush and especially Will. Edit: Oh, I forgot, Killer Frost is also considered a genius.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 the_red_viper  Moderator

(bump)

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Yeah, I figured putting Eragon in here wasn't gonna work out as he can pretty much solo this out with magic, lol

You're forgetting team 1 has some brilliant leaders as well. There's a reason I put Will treaty in team 1 and not team 2: I know Tony's not as much a strategist as Lex Luthor, so I gave him Will, who is a top-notch strategist. He successfuly lead a siege on a well-defended castle while being outnumbered, for example. As much as I love Roran and he's a brilliant leader and all, Will tops him by a lot. I'll write down an impressive feat or two for every unknown character on my next thread.

Plus, Hush is considered a genius and he would have killed Batman, the world's greatest detective and a brilliant strategist (most probably the smartest human being in the DCU, after Ozymandias), if only Harvey Dent hadn't showed up just a moment before he put a knife through Batman's throat.

And while it's true that team 2 has plenty of heavy-hitters, team 1 also has quite a few aces in its sleeve (Steel, Angel, Killer Frost, Venom etc).

This one is very evenly matched. It could really go either way. Both teams can counter just about anything the other team throws at them. If I had to bet money on it, I would probably go with team 2, but there's a good chance that this battle could go 5/10 for both teams.

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 does have the better commander, but team 1 seems to have more characters that would be suited to a battle like this.

Its nice on this fence and I shall stay sitting here for now.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@tparks said:

@the_red_viper said:

This one is very evenly matched. It could really go either way. Both teams can counter just about anything the other team throws at them. If I had to bet money on it, I would probably go with team 2, but there's a good chance that this battle could go 5/10 for both teams.

That was the purpose, glad to hear that :)

@optimuspalm said:

Team 2 does have the better commander, but team 1 seems to have more characters that would be suited to a battle like this.

Its nice on this fence and I shall stay sitting here for now.

It is a nice fence now isn't it?

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

The next one's gonna be Thanos VS Doctor Doom, by the way.