(Twilight) Edward Cullen solos The Avengers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for supersaiyan_danger
Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Rules:

- Book version of Edward

- 10 hours prep w/ knowledge

- no morals

VS

- Movie version of Avengers

- no morals

Fights in the woods

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never read the Twilight books. But how smart is he strategically?

Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp:

Speed: He so fast he's a blur to the human eye and one of the fastest Vamps in his universe. He could even cross state borders in a few seconds

Durability: His skin is nearly as strong as diamond

Strength: Stopped a speeding car; although it was slowing down

Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Logy5000

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

impossible

he can deal with Iron Man,Hawkeye,Black Widow,Cap. but Thor and Hulk wrecks him.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Hulk solos.

Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: I don't remember anything about being eletricuted that I remember, maybe others can clarify. It's been a while since reading : /

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perethorn: Hulk doesn't have the speed to take Edward. Unless its 2003 Hulk, who's HULKSMASH toppled a line of cars, he can't do it, but Edward isn't putting him down either.

Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perethorn: So Hulk's soloing a person who he can't even see? He did have trouble tagging an injured Black widow right?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kyrees

@supersaiyan_danger: his speed is not FTL as you are making it appear, he's merely sonic. their skin is not as hard as diamonds, they sparkle like diamonds. don't exaggerate those abilities.

twilight vampires are susceptible to fire so a thor's lightning can burn him up. edward doesn't really have the strength to defeat hulk or thor.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Edward solos giant man, wasp, and triathlon.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supersaiyan_danger said:

@perethorn: So Hulk's soloing a person who he can't even see? He did have trouble tagging an injured Black widow right?

he couldn't solo a person who can't even see yes but he have thor

also

Loading Video...
MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MonsterStomp

@dorukesin: That's stupid. Hulk obviously showed control at the end of 2003 and 2008, but in the Avengers he conveniently shows control in a day or so? Pfft.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

2003 doesn't count.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes he does solo him. There isn't a single combative paragraph in the Twilight Books minus the poorly explain battle in Eclipse. There are almost Zero combat feats to be taken from them.

Thor stomps him
Hulk Stomps him.
Iron Man Murder stomps him.
Any of the two three could solo.
Captain America might win, most likely wouldn't.
widow and hawkeye don't matter.

adhd_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By adhd_assassin
PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stalemate.

Edward stomps the three fodders, but tony could fly out of range. Edward hasn't shown anything that could harm hulk and thor, while he could run circles around them all day.

thegreat4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a stupid thread, Edward doesn't solo the avengers he is not as fast as you claim him to be Thor, hulk and maybe iron man will easily kill him.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#22  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

I say Avengers

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

vs this

Loading Video...

Avengers stomp

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rogueshadow  Moderator

No, he doesn't, this is a mismatch. Iron Man, Hulk & Thor alone would beat him, far stronger & far more durable, so much so that his speed advantage becomes moot. All 3 decimate him.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@dorukesin: That's stupid. Hulk obviously showed control at the end of 2003 and 2008, but in the Avengers he conveniently shows control in a day or so? Pfft.

In fairness it was heavily implied at the end of the Incredible Hulk when Banner is meditating, he opens his eyes which are revealed to be green, showing he had garnered control over the Hulk. 2003 Hulk isn't in the MCU.

AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was cracking in the books as well as the movie when the Elder Vamps decided to put a whoop on him so there's no way he tanks Class 100's like Hulk or Thor

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hahahaha the title of this thread should be enough to warrant a lock

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By 14NC3

I facepalmed so hard that i've left a hand mark on my forehead. Hulk, iron man and thor spite stomp. Each could do it on their own.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: So if Iron man could out pace and track jets in this first Armor, why exactly would he have trouble flying up, using the Suit to track a slower, smaller moving target and just firing repeated explosions?
If Thor can track his hammer iwth his eyes which was moving and some outrageous speeds, why wouldn't he see and track something larger that moves at a slower pace? What is to stop him from flying up and shooting lighting? Or counter punching? Just one counter punch would be enough to Knock a chuck off.
When hulks catches him, why wouldn't he rip him in half? Ho exactly is this a stalemate?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By laflux

@supersaiyan_danger said:

Yes he does solo him. There isn't a single combative paragraph in the Twilight Books minus the poorly explain battle in Eclipse. There are almost Zero combat feats to be taken from them.

Thor stomps him

Hulk Stomps him.

Iron Man Murder stomps him.

Any of the two three could solo.

Captain America might win, most likely wouldn't.

widow and hawkeye don't matter.

Ed should beat Cap comfortably, but otherwise, this is accurate.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ha, no!

Admittedly, yes, Twivamps can move faster than the eye can see, and have even been stated to turn invisible with soeed, but that isn't enough. If Twivamps can mutilate each other barehanded, people like Iron Man, Hulk, and Thor will tear them apart. A simple rain of lightning from Thor will obliterate Edward.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@bossmonster: Because unlike jets and hammer, edward can suddenly change his trajectory mid movement. Straight line trajectories aren't the way to judge combat speed, that's how you get lightspeed spiderman and lightspeed kid goku. And it doesn't work at all when fighting other people.

And edward's speed was pretty insane in the books.

"I'm the world's best predator, aren't I? Everything about me invites you in — my voice, my face, even my smell. As if I need any of that!" Unexpectedly, he was on his feet, bounding away, instantly out of sight, only to appear beneath the same tree as before, having circled the meadow in half a second.

"As if you could outrun me," he laughed bitterly.

He reached up with one hand and, with a deafening crack, effortlessly ripped a two-foot-thick branch from the trunk of the spruce. He balanced it in that hand for a moment, and then threw it with blinding speed, shattering it against another huge tree, which shook and trembled at the blow.

And he was in front of me again, standing two feet away, still as a stone.

"As if you could fight me off," he said gently.

-Twilight.

None of the avengers showed the feats to fight anything like that. like.. ever. I haven't seen the dark world though. If it was MOS, or neo, or krish, I'd have said edward dies. Because they actually showed some serious combat speed. that isn't the case here. To be clear, I haven't seen the dark world yet. So I don't know of the feats from it.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@princearagorn1: Also if I recall correctly, Bella compares Emmet's arm strength to a cement truck moving down hill at 60 miles per hour, and that was just a single arm, that's the most impressive strength feat I remember from the books, apart from the newborns. But I still think that Thor & the Hulk stomp him, an argument could be made for him taking Iron Man, but his durability & strength really pale in comparison to Thor & the Hulk, not to mention Thor's obvious lightning based attack, which he can make over huge areas, which would defeat Edward.

HyperViper97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First of all, he can't hurt hulk or Thor. If bet on it. Also, Thor does his very in character hammer slam on the ground and AOEs sparkles

SuperDrummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man/Thor/Hulk stomp

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

He can't even break Ironmans suit.

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Thor Odinstomps

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: Then it seems you didn't take into account Iron Man 2 and his battle with the Drones while flying. He was flying at a much faster speed than Edward is said to be able to run.
Also, a seriously common mistake is that fact that too many people ignore that twilight is a 1st person narrative. Edward is seen though the eyes of a human and a below average one at that. She was clumsy, unimpressive, unaware and unremarkable. So Edward would be invisible to someone like her.

However, It is plausible that Hawkeye or Widow would track him visually given Widow was able to shoot the flying Aliens with her guns dodge Laser. Hawkeye did the same with his bow and arrow. Neither or super human, both are just well trained. Being able to hit moving targets like that is impressive for Humans with sidearms and Bows.

That said, Cap is Super Human and has impressive reaction/combat feats. He may actually react to Edward. I doubt that he would win, but he could fight him.

Iron man's Suit could do the job for him. And one explosion is all it will take. One repulsor and it's a wrap. Iron man can one shot him and Edward has nothing for him. Nothing.

I've seen Dark World. His most notable changes is using Lightning more liberally, faster Hammer throw, tested durability. Edward isn't going to hurt Thor. And as I said about Iron man, Thor can 1 shot him. A single blast of lighting or letting it shockwave out like he showed a few times in Dark World. That's all it will take.

2008 Hulk is linked with Avengers Hulk clearly. The Suicide story, the fact that Iron Man appears after the credits, the control over his anger. His speed feats were great enough in that movie and his power is too much. He will destroy Edward.

How does Edward prevent this things?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@bossmonster:

being clumsy doesn't mean she has lower-than-normal human reflexes. Nor does better shooting and acrobatic skills mean you can visibly track people who are faster than human reflexes. Throughout the entire movie, none of the avengers showed anything impressive in combat speed. Nothing says they can actually track edward, much less fight him. We have actually seen how high speed fights are in the movies I already mentioned. Widow, hawk, cap are fodders, and iron man can possibly stalemate using flight.

Yes, thor and hulk can one shot him, but they do not possess the combat speed to tag him once. Their best chance is thor's aoe attacks, and I don't see why edward won't escape the range either.

Avengers pack serious power. But their combat speed feats are pretty much worthless. As long as they don't change that, they're not going to win against fast opponents.

off topic rant ahead.

The problem is even reflected in comics tbh. dc focuses more on speed, hence half debates of jla end in 'lol speedblitz'. Hell, solid amount of manga portray the combat speed very good, many times good enough to bias the judgement.

(for the sake of fun, try watching naruto vs sasuke. And try watching byakuya vs ichigo. You will take a while to decide who's actually faster because those effects throw you off the track)

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Avengers.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rogueshadow  Moderator

@bossmonster:

being clumsy doesn't mean she has lower-than-normal human reflexes. Nor does better shooting and acrobatic skills mean you can visibly track people who are faster than human reflexes. Throughout the entire movie, none of the avengers showed anything impressive in combat speed. Nothing says they can actually track edward, much less fight him. We have actually seen how high speed fights are in the movies I already mentioned. Widow, hawk, cap are fodders, and iron man can possibly stalemate using flight.

Yes, thor and hulk can one shot him, but they do not possess the combat speed to tag him once. Their best chance is thor's aoe attacks, and I don't see why edward won't escape the range either.

Avengers pack serious power. But their combat speed feats are pretty much worthless. As long as they don't change that, they're not going to win against fast opponents.

off topic rant ahead.

The problem is even reflected in comics tbh. dc focuses more on speed, hence half debates of jla end in 'lol speedblitz'. Hell, solid amount of manga portray the combat speed very good, many times good enough to bias the judgement.

(for the sake of fun, try watching naruto vs sasuke. And try watching byakuya vs ichigo. You will take a while to decide who's actually faster because those effects throw you off the track)

Thor really could just summon an enormous lightning bolt like he did with the wave of Chitauri, Edward has no defence against that, his inherent weaknss is flame. And though Edward is fast, when he gets into close range, he can do nothing to Thor or the Hulk, Iron Man will fly, and the damage to Iron man would also be minimal to be honest. Edward can't harm any of them, and if he goes in close, he'll end up like Loki, eventually somebody will get a shot in.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@rogueshadow said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@bossmonster:

off topic rant ahead.

Thor really could just summon an enormous lightning bolt like he did with the wave of Chitauri, Edward has no defence against that, his inherent weaknss is flame. And though Edward is fast, when he gets into close range, he can do nothing to Thor or the Hulk, Iron Man will fly, and the damage to Iron man would also be minimal to be honest. Edward can't harm any of them, and if he goes in close, he'll end up like Loki, eventually somebody will get a shot in.

His mind reading will warn him before thor tries using it. He could easily get out the area.. considering he can encircle the meadow in half a second. And I know he can't ko thor/hulk. but he isn't getting tired of dodging either. That's why I said stalemate.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rogueshadow  Moderator

@princearagorn1: I don't think he could read Thor's mind, he can only read humans, he couldn't even read Bella's because she had a, 'private mind'. Thor's a God, he's not reading his mind. That's why I thought the argument for him beating Iron Man could be made, he could literally tire him out. So he's getting tagged by the lightning blasts, because not only can he not predict them, but they were big enough to throw back entire waves of Chitauri, bigger than a meadow, and obviously it's lightning so he's not dodging it.

As a physical thread Mjolnir managed to break the bifrost, capable of containing energies which could destroy entire worlds, the Hulk one shotted a leviathan immediately after changing. Unless he just flees he's eventually going to get hit, definitely by the lightning, Thor can pump them out like nothing and they are huge.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Thor has not gone against any telepaths in the movie. And bella is powerful enough to protect the entire cullen family, guests, and the over a dozen shape-shifters against alec's telepathic sense removal. She has protected herself against aro's entire-life-in-a-flash telepathy, as well as jane's 'pain'. If that's how private her mind is, I don't see how that changes anything about edward.

And the 'being a God' argument makes no sense, the movie didn't really take them as Gods, unlike the mythical counterparts. I think hulk made it pretty clear to loki lol.

looking at the scene again, in the time it takes to charge, and strike, edward could get right behind thor.. He knows where thor is aiming, and by the time it hits, he'd be way out of the way. (but man the scene is awesome. And my friends tell me hulk was cooler than thor in avengers. Hell. No.)

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bossmonster:

The OP said this is Book Edward. He showed non of the feats from the movies. So what he did there has no bearing on this battle.
You're ignoring what I said on purpose. If Hawkeye and Widow can track those Aliens with their eyes and hit the people on them flying at that speed, why do you feel like they couldn't track Edward. It's not like they were shooting rockets. Arrows move slower than Bullets by an extremely large margin. And Hawkeye was more effective than Widow. He will track Edward. That doesn't mean he'll defeat him, but he could see him.
The Average person would react much faster than Belle. More over, most mean have naturally better reflexes than Women. Everything about her was below average. That was the theme of the book. She was super lame and he was god like in comparison. and he loved her. A lamb would never react to a Lion. but a Fox might. A fox would still get wrecked by a Lion, but might actually respond to it. Belle is extremely weak and he saw her version of Edward. Captain American would have seen him way different. Ironman isn't stalemating. The suit can do the work for him if need be, he can't read that. and He can carpet bomb the area with easy.

Running away from the area is an even worse idea. Once his in the open, hell be easier to track. Thor, Ironman and Hulk will over time destroy a forest and quickly. Without it as cover, Thor and Ironman Spam projectiles and he dies. No questions.

Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: I know what FTL is and yes he's nowhere near FTL, neither are the Avengers either.

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Funsiized

Thor brings down the lightning or hulk smash. the other avengers are fodder.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 rogueshadow  Moderator

@princearagorn1: Edward couldn't read her mind when she was himan though so... Reading Thor's mind just doesn't seem doable.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bossmonster:

I directly gave you the quote from the book, which I am using.

And, what was the last time the aliens moved with any impressive speed? yes, they can shot them. That's because they have better marksmanship skills and training. How are they supposed to track something they can't even see? Being a better marksman doesn't mean you have heightened senses..

Sorry. There's nothing suggesting average person reacted faster than bella. If you have any quote saying that, please post it. Her co-ordination was bad doesn't mean her reflexes were sub-human. Lame or not. Believe me, If I was basing this on lameness and coolness, I won't be siding with edward cullen for anything in the world.

Yes, captain america probably has limited enhanced senses. But anything compared to edward's? nope. He gets blitzed and decapt.

Neither does tony have brilliant combat speed feats. Yup, he can use thrusters, but that doesn't make him any better than a race car champ. The computer systems may work well, though.

I think you missed what I said. I said 'run out of the area thor is pointing at while he charges.' Not 'run out in the open and give them aoe advantage..

Directly put, avengers do not have the combat speed feats required to win the fight. Best chance would be thor's massive aoe, but I'll have to see dark world for that. Apparently he has a city wise aoe there.

Stupid_People

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Stupid_People

@monsterstomp:

Speed: He so fast he's a blur to the human eye and one of the fastest Vamps in his universe. He could even cross state borders in a few seconds

Durability: His skin is nearly as strong as diamond

Strength: Stopped a speeding car; although it was slowing down

hahahaha "universe"

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: She was human when she faced aro and jane, too. Right after edward tried suicide. She is basically a psychic shield, as explained by Eleazar (idk why, the name's pretty cool)