Fully fed Galactus doesn't exist . Trigon wins by default

Avatar image for sirbaronobeefdip
SirBaronOBeefdip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Scorpion wins its been done. Prove that it hasn't.

CRAZYMADMAN90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trigon curbstomps

Nylz_Ber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@docfatalis: Apparently, those kids have his own daughter...........

Nylz_Ber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightflash: Mordecai and Rigby would mess things up and win by the end of the day so i vote them :/

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

trigon

SmoothSanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Trigon would surrender simply to save his realm and then ask Galactus to leave.

In his realm he may be able to survive the majority of Big G's attacks, but Big G would survive his as well.

Big G wins by a verbal surrender.

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@smoothsanta: and I think you apparently don't know what your talking about.

First, Trigon is not the kind of person to worry about anything. Second, I wonder how big G can survive even his normal attacks (one eye beam can destroy a planet), much less attacks that can destroy a universe, which he has used OUTSIDE of his realm.

There's simply no way for big G to win even if Trigon is outside his realm, much less inside where he's at full power.

SmoothSanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@van_cere:

Clearly I don't know what I'm talking about.

If anything I'd put Trigon on Mephisto's level, or Skyfather level. A fully fed Galactus IMO would be above that. I haven't seen Trigon destroy a universe, but I have seen Big G move an entire galaxy with the wave of his hand (Golden Galaxy).

Planet Destroying.......... cute.

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Van_Cere

@smoothsanta: funny, you focus one half of a sentence, and completely ignore the rest of the post. That's not cute, that's either pathetic debating skills, or pathetic reading skills. See, I don't even need to post anything new because you didn't answer one bit of my old post.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trigon.

Avatar image for travistouchdown
TravisTouchdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

G

SmoothSanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@van_cere:

:(

Okay, I'm assuming Trigons realm would be like Mephistos, and what happened in that fight is Papa G started absorbing the energies from Mephistos realm and then sensing this, Mephisto called it quits.

If Trigon had half a brain he would realize that fighting a fully powered Galactus is an uphill battle, and when he starts consuming your own realm you're in trouble. Raw power won't beat Galactus, and Trigon lacks the creativity of coming up with something that can get him the win.

I don't think Trigon has what it takes to beat him. It's going to be either a stalemate until Galactus destroys his realm.

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Van_Cere

@smoothsanta: Mephisto, as crazy and psychotic as he is, still cares about his own realm seeing as it supplies him with power and souls. Trigon is a different matter; all he cares about is to conqueror and raze, not so much.

Now, to compare power levels. Mephisto fought big G, and was almost winning until G started to consume his Dimension, which shows that Mephisto at full power is stronger than big G, and G only won through cheating. And Mephistos only few showings at make him to be above skyfather level is him versus big G, and him casually killing surfer. And maybe more, but I forget.

Trigon has changed reality, stopped the Flash with a wave (along with one shorting a planet, are two of his lamest feats), killed Azaroth, absorbed the power of an entire universe.....

Also, there's one crucial thing; his own universe is not like Mephistos realm, where's Mephistos realm has souls and energy lying everywhere, Trigons universe is just like any universe, thus Galactus can't absorb anything from it.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@van_cere:

Okay, I'm assuming Trigons realm would be like Mephistos, and what happened in that fight is Papa G started absorbing the energies from Mephistos realm and then sensing this, Mephisto called it quits.

If Trigon had half a brain he would realize that fighting a fully powered Galactus is an uphill battle, and when he starts consuming your own realm you're in trouble. Raw power won't beat Galactus, and Trigon lacks the creativity of coming up with something that can get him the win.

I don't think Trigon has what it takes to beat him. It's going to be either a stalemate until Galactus destroys his realm.

The main difference you need to consider when comparing Trigon to Mephisto here is that while Mephisto has his own realm, Trigon was born into a physical universe that he later ruled. It's kinda like comparing Limbo to the Dark Dimension, one appears to be on one planet the other contains countless planets within it.

However in the Titans series when Trigon returned, he had been depowered to a point where he described himself as a 'pale shadow' and his realm had been reduced to something akin to what Mephisto has, only more barren. Yet even then he claimed he had enough power to destroy a universe.

Regarding the fight itself, I am not so sure 'raw power can't win' is true. Considering Galactus is constantly burning his own energies away while doing nothing, forcing him to roam and feed. Now he has to fight and burn even more power, even if Trigon can't overcome him quickly, Galactus could end up falling over because he's burnt off most of his energy during the fight. (See the scan of him trying to punch through one of Thanos' shields, remarking how much of his energy he needed to do it.)

SmoothSanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: @van_cere:

Both valid points. He may or may not be able to absorb the energies within Trigons realm however the destruction caused would be putting everything in his realm near mass extinction, a situation I think even Trigon would want to avoid.

Sure Trigon may try to wait it out, but in doing so is putting his entire realm at risk.

All I'm saying is both characters would more than likely stalemate each other, and because it's in Trigons' realm he's going to want to avoid any more damage and would eventually concede so Galactus would f*ck off.

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smoothsanta: There is not one single piece of evidence that shows that Galactus can do that much damage unless you can prove it.

And why would Trigon wait it out when he's much more powerful than Galactus? You make it that they are almost equal, which they aren't.

Also, that last point, I've already answered.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Demon Lord for having a cooler name.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both valid points. He may or may not be able to absorb the energies within Trigons realm however the destruction caused would be putting everything in his realm near mass extinction, a situation I think even Trigon would want to avoid.

Sure Trigon may try to wait it out, but in doing so is putting his entire realm at risk.

All I'm saying is both characters would more than likely stalemate each other, and because it's in Trigons' realm he's going to want to avoid any more damage and would eventually concede so Galactus would f*ck off.

The thing is that Galactus has never exhibited the power (or the willingness) to do more than destroy one planet at a time, and normally thats through machines so he can feed on them, Trigon himself blasts his own planets apart if they ever step out of line. The simple reason he doesn't just do that to Earth was that it has value to him, either as a breeding ground or simply as trophy.

Not wait it out, blast it out. If Galactus is forced to fight, he will expend his power all the faster than he normally does.

Well no, Trigon is the sort of overlord that would rather see everything burnt to ashes than concede it to the enemy. If he has to consume his own universe to see Galactus starve to death as his only option, he will do so. To him even a Pyhrric Victory is acceptable.

Avatar image for traskindustries
traskindustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smoothsanta said:

@van_cere:

(See the scan of him trying to punch through one of Thanos' shields, remarking how much of his energy he needed to do it.)

He didnt remark how much of energy he had to use, just that he never before had to use so much energy to punch through a mere forcefield. We don't know how much it was. Maybe it was only a sliver.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Outside_85

@traskindustries said:

He didnt remark how much of energy he had to use, just that he never before had to use so much energy to punch through a mere forcefield. We don't know how much it was. Maybe it was only a sliver.

While that is true, I highly doubt it was just a sliver. Partially because we are talking about Thanos, who can trade punches with literally everyone thanks to those shields. And partially because we've been hearing about Galactus and his 'eternal hunger' pretty much since his debut.

Looking aside from the possibility of it being his purpose in the big scheme of things, someone as powerful and as technologically adept as Galactus should have been able to come up with somekind of dampner or cure for himself if he wasn't so starved he can only think of his next meal.

Avatar image for traskindustries
traskindustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By traskindustries

@outside_85 said:
@traskindustries said:

While that is true, I highly doubt it was just a silver. Partially because we are talking about Thanos, who can trade punches with literally everyone thanks to those shields. And partially because we've been hearing about Galactus and his 'eternal hunger' pretty much since his debut.

Looking aside from the possibility of it being his purpose in the big scheme of things, someone as powerful and as technologically adept as Galactus should have been able to come up with somekind of dampner or cure for himself if he wasn't so starved he can only think of his next meal.

I, for one, consider Galactus as a force of nature. Sure he has a mind of his own, but he was created/born into his role as the devourer of worlds. Many times it has been stated that Galactus is essential in the cosmic balance, that's why he's immortal too. All part of TOAA's plans, and shit.

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus

SmoothSanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big G waves his hand to save the Golden Galaxy from "Plunging into the Dark Nebula".........

No Caption Provided

It's pretty hard finding combat scans on a guy who hardly ever fights, but I think this display of power, moving a galaxy with a hand wave is a pretty good feat and gives us a fair idea of just how powerful he can be.

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smoothsanta: so he moved Galador? Even if he moved a universe, that would be normal for beings on his level. Hell, Odin can do it. Even Superman Prime has stopped a galaxy going at the speed of light with his force vision, a feat which took less but similar amounts of power.

Trigon has done things Galactus can't replicate even at high power.

Here's some of Trigons feats:

Has the power to strip away dimensional barriers

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30174/3337885-dimpowtr.jpg

Also, his universe is already lifeless, because of him so I don't know why you keep saying he wouldn't want to put his world at risk which is nonsense.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111126230/3337928-7085412331-13920.jpg

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

big T

SmoothSanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@van_cere:

Big G killed the Proemial God, Diableri, then beat Tenebrous and Aegis.
His fight with Tyrant destroyed Galaxies.
He stripped Sphinx of his power then sent him 5000 years into the past as punishment.
During Annihilation, he took out most of Annihilus forces with one blast that destroyed 4 solar systems.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@van_cere: @smoothsanta: @outside_85: I have a vague knowledge on these two so I'm asking for info.

1) I know Galactus hungers but has he ever been shown getting weaker while fighting?

2) After being drained almost to the point of death, with one blast Galactus destroyed star systems and gave SS a power boost. What has Trigon destroyed on that level?

3) I can't go to the OP cuz my phone is garbage but is there prep? With prep Galactus created a machine capable of stealing The Beyonders power but Doom stole it. It's been awhile since i read it, i could be missing details. Correct me if needed

4) Galactus has sought ways to cure his hunger. He tried to assemble the Infinity Gauntlet but instead summoned "Hunger".

5) Galactus commenting on Thanos shields doesn't mean he was using a lot of energy. Just more then he expected to use.

But I'm interested to see what Trigon can do. Thanks in advance

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Van_Cere

@smoothsanta: that's really cool, but why did you state that? It's like me stating that because Superman has lifted a mountain, he can defeat the Rhino who has never done anything on that level. And you then saying how Rhino has destroyed buildings with his punches and thrown cars.

I mean, really?

Also, the first feat is not impressive because the proemial gods aren't that powerful; they're more like the caretakers of the universe, guiding and overseeing rather than powerful deities like Infinity and Master Order

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@van_cere: @smoothsanta: @outside_85: I have a vague knowledge on these two so I'm asking for info.

1) I know Galactus hungers but has he ever been shown getting weaker while fighting?

2) After being drained almost to the point of death, with one blast Galactus destroyed star systems and gave SS a power boost. What has Trigon destroyed on that level?

3) I can't go to the OP cuz my phone is garbage but is there prep? With prep Galactus created a machine capable of stealing The Beyonders power but Doom stole it. It's been awhile since i read it, i could be missing details. Correct me if needed

4) Galactus has sought ways to cure his hunger. He tried to assemble the Infinity Gauntlet but instead summoned "Hunger".

5) Galactus commenting on Thanos shields doesn't mean he was using a lot of energy. Just more then he expected to use.

But I'm interested to see what Trigon can do. Thanks in advance

1. Techincally I suppose, I recall there was a time when he arrived on Earth so starved he ended up getting felled by Thor and didn't get up. Not sure, but it could be the story where he swore off Earth as a meal... and the reason why quite a few alien empires hates Reed so much.
  2. Bled a universe dry, from within a pocket dimension he couldn't leave.
  3. No, that was the original Secret Wars setup... but at the same time I recall Doom returning to try and steal Galactus' power and was blasted to kingdom come, so I am not sure what you aim to mesure here.
  4. Bummer.
  5. What he said was that he had to use more than he ever had before, just to break a shield.
Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: @outside_85:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/111336/4177064-1666137311-28137.jpg

Below0Gaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus takes this one with a stomp.He can regenerate project an endless amount of energy and he can change trigons molecular form.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By XiiX

@below0gaming said:

Galactus takes this one with a stomp.He can regenerate project an endless amount of energy and he can change trigons molecular form.

Show him "regenerating an endless amount of energy" and/or changing anyone on Trigon's level molecular form.

Don't worry, I'll wait.

(If I planned on waiting myself into the grave)

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Techincally I suppose, I recall there was a time when he arrived on Earth so starved he ended up getting felled by Thor

In that instance Galactus was starving BEFORE the battle. In this battle he is fully fed at the beginning. I'm asking If Galactus is fed, has he ever lost power during the course of a battle?

@van_cere:regarding your scan in post 176, how does that help him in a battle? It shows he can absorb a universe. It doesn't show him destroying anything with blast or punches etc. I doubt Galactus will just sit around while he absorbs the universe.

regarding your scan in post 182, that scan says that Thanos shield is the most resistant Galactus has ever faced. What bearing does that have on this match?

Below0Gaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix: If you bothered to even check out the wiki on either character you would know so heres the link go ahead and look at the power grid and check out his abilities. http://marvel.wikia.com/Galactus_%28Earth-616%29

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

In that instance Galactus was starving BEFORE the battle. In this battle he is fully fed at the beginning. I'm asking If Galactus is fed, has he ever lost power during the course of a battle?

It should be logical that Galactus is constantly burning away the energy he gets from eating planets. And now he is being forced to expend even more energy to continue to do so, so the process has been accelerated.

And the problem with asking for a fed Galactus is that there's never been one.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@below0gaming: Greetings!! Wikis aren't reliable because they can be written by anyone. The best "proof" is the actual comic. If you say "he can project limitless energy" you would need to show him actually doing that.

@outside_85: It should be logical but in decades of showings I've never seen him weaken as battles go on. He's fought Primordial Beings, Tyrant, Odin ,Phoenix etc and was never losing energy while fighting. And can anyone post battle feats for Trigon? I'm about to search for some

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: Well the alternative is that we think he can go at 100% right up to the second his energy reserves reach 0% and he falls over.

Regarding battle feats for Trigon, I doubt you can find any that are in-canon. He was engaged by the Teen Titans during their first encounter where either he or Raven ended up taking them to Azerath, when they later tried re-engaging him on one of his worlds he just flattened them with no effort. Then there was Terror of Trigon where they were mostly beneath his notice, he had already stomped the rest of the planet. He wasn't fought again in the post-Crisis world.

Non-canon however there is the following engagements:

• Booster Gold: Because of Black Beetle, Booster saw one vision of Earth after Trigon had conquered it and killed off most of it's heroes and villains.
  • Injustice Year Three: Took Superman's Justice League apart before going toe to toe with Mr. Mxyzptlk
Avatar image for banethedestroyer
BaneTheDestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trigon curbstomps

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Yeah, i did some research. i had no idea he had such limited showings. Mostly against the teen titans. I was hoping to see him fighting Cosmic Forces, Anti-Monitor etc. I know Galactus can weaken. I just don't know how quickly. I'm not familiar with Trigon enough to make a decision. But Thanks

thechiefofdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

low power trigon=high power Galactus

seriously, at lower power galactus got told whats up by Thor all by himself.

Trigon, right after prison breaking at a weak level:

1) killed 6 billion people

2) killed the entire justice league

3) along with every other villian on earth

4) turned earth's oceans to lava and the ground to ash

5) all of the above in under 8 seconds

last i checked only people like COIE Anti-Monitor have done things like that

le0nhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thechiefofdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the only reason he lost was because of raven, as she was his daughter, she had him as a power source.

Meaning that (assuming standard laws physics/magic) Trigon is a demon, meaning that his body comes from magic, but raven was part human, thereby most of here body wasn't magical

this would allow (according to the laws of equilibrium) that she could use all her power to slightly overload his demonic form, which then equilibrium would counteract by removing all raven's energy plus minute amounts of trigon's body and add it to trigons power.

but due to the laws of quantum entanglement, raven would then receive all her powers back and the whole process would take only microseconds. Meaning that raven could completely disintegrate trigon in seconds

in short, raven could destroy trigon without it happening the other way around

i don't recall trigon ever loosing without any of his family or azarath wizards being around

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By GrandWonder

Just found these. Personally, I'd go with Trigon. It all depends if you guys think Galactus can match Mxyzpltk.

[img]https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/trigon-vs-mister-mxyzptlk-1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://41.media.tumblr.com/c2a1d171dbb471666a3f4e159f7db9c5/tumblr_nktfucgKtv1r7hjkqo1_500.jpg[/img]

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trigon wins in an epic fight.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thechiefofdoom: Damn, Trigon did all that weakened? :-O lol think he wins then lol

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

low power trigon=high power Galactus

seriously, at lower power galactus got told whats up by Thor all by himself.

Trigon, right after prison breaking at a weak level:

1) killed 6 billion people

2) killed the entire justice league

3) along with every other villian on earth

4) turned earth's oceans to lava and the ground to ash

5) all of the above in under 8 seconds

last i checked only people like COIE Anti-Monitor have done things like that

So why wouldn't a planet busting attack do nearly all of that?

thechiefofdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By thechiefofdoom

@mysticmedivh he wanted earth as a throphy for some reason (can't remember why)