User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By reaverlation

Wolverine

No Caption Provided

Black Panther

No Caption Provided

Iron Fist

No Caption Provided

Another thread gave me this idea and most of you would probably know which one. These 3 are usually regarded to be among equals more or less in the physical department but in this case, it's all about speed.Out of these 3, who'd be considered faster in all 3 of these categories:

1.Travel speed

2.Reaction Speed

3.Combat Speed

So in your opinion, how would you guys put them?

And I'm not sure where to put this so I'd figure the Battle Forums make sense right?

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Wolverine

Danny

Danny

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 @jashro44 @comicstooge @juiceboks @super_soldierxii @wyldsong @slimj87d @kidman560 @god_spawn

And if this is the wrong section, would you mind moving this please God_Spawn :)?

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Danny all three if he uses his chi

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is the difference between combat and reaction?

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: Eh, Black Panther is the one I know least about. I'm honestly not too sure.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 @jashro44 @comicstooge @juiceboks @super_soldierxii @wyldsong @slimj87d @kidman560 @god_spawn

And if this is the wrong section, would you mind moving this please God_Spawn :)?

And @dondave @beaconofstrength @stefano too

Danny can't amp himself more with Chi just the speed feats he has displayed already

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T'Challa should be fastest on foot

The other rounds are highly debatable

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don't really find any of them discernibly faster than the other as I think through their speed feats honestly. You could make the case that Danny and T'Challa better use their speed defensively to evade whereas James uses his speed in a more offensive manner, but that's about it.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: I know Danny has dodged bullets. not dodged aim but the actual bullet after it has been shot. have the others done that yet?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@pooty said:

@wolverine08: I know Danny has dodged bullets. not dodged aim but the actual bullet after it has been shot. have the others done that yet?

Yes.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Black Panther
  2. Iron fist
  3. Not sure.
MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
  1. Black Panther
  2. Iron fist
  3. Soulja Boy Tell 'Em

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Black Panther/Wolverine

2. Iron-fist

3. Iron-fist

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rogueshadow  Moderator

Danny.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Currently Danny is moving fast enough to run along the outside of buildings for at least short periods of time...

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

Danny caught a bullet. That's impressive.

Wolverine's deflected multiple bullets with his claws. Also impressive. He's been cited to move faster than Psylocke's mind could register. He also ran so fast around Havok as to appear a blur.

But then Black Panther sidesteps him with relative ease. Not once, but twice (Cornell's Wolverine still, sadly, counts).

Based on higher end feats, I would say Wolverine has some of the more impressive cumulative showings. But then, he also has some ridiculously low end showings (when compared to either Rand or T'Challa). So it's hard to call.

Due to inconsistency on Logan's part, who has many, many more showings than both BP and IF combined (so it's a little unfair to compare), I feel it's too hard to call. Applied skill is definitely a factor, and Wolverine goes b@lls to the walls far too often.

D3MON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

1. Black Panther/Wolverine

2. Iron-fist

3. Iron-fist

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine's deflected multiple bullets with his claws. Also impressive. He's been cited to move faster than Psylocke's mind could register. He also ran so fast around Havok as to appear a blur.

But then Black Panther sidesteps him with relative ease. Not once, but twice (Cornell's Wolverine still, sadly, counts).

Based on higher end feats, I would say Wolverine has some of the more impressive cumulative showings. But then, he also has some ridiculously low end showings (when compared to either Rand or T'Challa). So it's hard to call.

Due to inconsistency on Logan's part, who has many, many more showings than both BP and IF combined (so it's a little unfair to compare), I feel it's too hard to call. Applied skill is definitely a factor, and Wolverine goes b@lls to the walls far too often.

He has?

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Panther has already outreacted Wolverine like, three times.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_soldierxii said:

He has?

Yes.

Black Panther has already outreacted Wolverine like, three times.

Twice at best.

1. One was Cornell, y'know, the version of Wolvie afraid of shaving? The whole fiasco is equal parts WIS and PIS without end.
  2. The other was a run of the mill b@lls to the walls Wolvie, underestimating BP and charging in, assuming him easy prey.

That third time, their only "real" tussle, Wolverine out maneuvered T'Challa as well and ended up on top of him pinning him claws to face till the Thing distracted.

So I think you're overextending there. Devil's in the details.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_soldierxii: Can you post a scan of Wolverine deflecting bullets? I've never seen that before.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jashro44

Twice at best.

1. One was Cornell, y'know, the version of Wolvie afraid of shaving? The whole fiasco is equal parts WIS and PIS without end.
  2. The other was a run of the mill b@lls to the walls Wolvie, underestimating BP and charging in, assuming him easy prey.

That third time, their only "real" tussle, Wolverine out maneuvered T'Challa as well and ended up on top of him pinning him claws to face till the Thing distracted.

I wouldn't say he outmaneuvered him:

Wolverine tried to sneak up on black panther, T'challa ducked, Than leapt over wolverine, hid for a bit, and then leapt at wolverine and got pinned to the ground, the thing showed up and distracted wolverine while wolverine was trying to stab him(?), and T'challa kicked him off while wolverine got distracted. Wolverine even commented he wouldn't let something like speed get in the way of him and the prize.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Wyldsong

@super_soldierxii said:

He also deflected multiple bullets while chi amping each of them and deflected them at the shooter.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By Erkan12

Danny without a doubt.

@wyldsong said:

@super_soldierxii said:

He also deflected multiple bullets while chi amping each of them and deflected them at the shooter.

And reacted at microsecond.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12 said:

And reacted at microsecond.

That he did=)

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@super_soldierxii said:

Twice at best.

I wouldn't say he outmaneuvered him:

Wolverine tried to sneak up on black panther, T'challa ducked, Than leapt over wolverine, hid for a bit, and then leapt at wolverine and got pinned to the ground, the thing showed up and distracted wolverine while wolverine was trying to stab him(?), and T'challa kicked him off while wolverine got distracted. Wolverine even commented he wouldn't let something like speed get in the way of him and the prize.

And I wouldn't say T'Challa outmaneuvered Wolverine. Especially as the "fight", such as it is, ends with BP on his arse before timely intervention, with T'Challa questioning his own prowess against Wolverine all the while. BP even questions "He cannot possibly possess my Jungle Swiftness ... can he?" right before Logan flips him onto his back. Which is definitely the panel's way of answering in the affirmative. Pretty clear and succinct answer.

@super_soldierxii: Can you post a scan of Wolverine deflecting bullets? I've never seen that before.

Not really. I don't hold onto scans. I'm sure someone who holds onto scans can do it. Why not peruse a respect thread nick? I mean, anyone adept at using Google can find them. You're just trying to have me do your dirty work ya sly basteech ;)

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jashro44

@super_soldierxii said:

And I wouldn't say T'Challa outmaneuvered Wolverine. Especially as the "fight", such as it is, ends with BP on his arse before timely intervention, with T'Challa questioning his own prowess against Wolverine all the while. BP even questions "He cannot possibly possess my Jungle Swiftness ... can he?" right before Logan flips him onto his back. Which is definitely the panel's way of answering in the affirmative. Pretty clear and succinct answer.

Nick was using it as an example of speed though not about who won. Black Panther couldn't really have won since he didn't have any of his tech he would get later than. I guess he could have pinned-which was probably what he was trying to do when he leapt at Logan-but Logan is arguably stronger and that would be a lot more difficult.

You can argue wolverine pinning black panther shows he matched black panthers jungle swiftness but on the other hand, black panther leapt at him from a distance. And prior to that he ducked wolverine (who leapt at him from an unknown distance admittedly), and then leapt over wolverines body, with Logan commenting on black panthers speed and saying that he wont let that speed get between him and the prize.

I would say at best it proves there equals if not that black panther is faster. You can say wolverine won that fight but when you said wolverine out maneuvered black panther I felt like you were saying he was shown to be faster than black panther in which case I disagree. I can agree they were about equal in that showing in terms of speed.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jashro44

Well I guess this is a good excuse to post this....Anyways I have a portion of the script of black panther 39 where black panther and iron fist fought and it turned out Danny was punching faster than human eyes can track while underwater and black panther was narrowly avoiding the hits:

No Caption Provided

And here are pages 6 and 7 of the fight:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This is probably black panthers best combat speed feat off the top of my head IMO. Not sure if Danny has any other feats post book of iron fist that are better than this in terms of raw combat speed (not reaction speed I already admitted he's better in that department). I think wolverines best combat speed feat is fighting sabretooth faster than psylocke could follow in mutant massacre. I think this one might be more impressive since they were underwater. Again not sure if he's got anything better.

EDIT: For the record I define combat speed at the speed in which one character can throw multiple punches and kicks at or dodge multiple attacks at. So I don't consider bullet timing feats to be combat speed unless they involve more than one bullet.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: thanks for that information, it's quite amazing.

I would say that it's easier for someone to swim backward than another person swimming forward and throwing their weight in their punches. It's like a slow moving underwater tornado moving towards you.

I think it's a great speed feat, specially since BP had to come in and cpunter Danny.

The feat also shows though that Danny strikes extremely fast, he's probably faster at striking than Logan and T'Challa

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

@jashro44: thanks for that information, it's quite amazing.

I would say that it's easier for someone to swim backward than another person swimming forward and throwing their weight in their punches. It's like a slow moving underwater tornado moving towards you.

I think it's a great speed feat, specially since BP had to come in and cpunter Danny.

The feat also shows though that Danny strikes extremely fast, he's probably faster at striking than Logan and T'Challa

No problem. Fair point about swimming backwards however it doesn't look like T'challa is swimming away IMO but just re-angling his body to avoid iron fists punches. All though yea its a definitely a good feat for both.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any better ideas

Avatar image for josteinfleurme65
Josteinfleurme65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Black Panther

2. Iron Fist

3. Iron Fist

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. T'Challa
  2. Danny
  3. Danny
Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Panther or Wolverine
  2. Iron Fist
  3. Pretty Even between the 3 of them, probably Danny.
Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers