Transformers CaV: Drift (NW268) vs Grimlock(ilikedonuts)

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NinjaWarrior268

This is a CaV between me and @ilikedonuts.Please vote on this battle and whichever one of us makes the first post goes first.

Representing Drift, the samurai racecar, @ninjawarrior268

No Caption Provided

Representing Grimlock, the titanic dinosaur warrior, Ilikedonuts

No Caption Provided

Rules

• IDW version of Drift and Grimlock
  • In character
  • Standard weapons
  • random encounter
SpinnerComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

T4V

NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NinjaWarrior268

I guess I'll open up

Drift has been fighting for both the Decepticons and Autobots for millions of years. Not only that, he is a master samurai. In this opening scan from Empire of Stone, we see Drift using his skill to take out other Transformers as he is infiltrating Gigatron's palace. After Drift disarmed this guard before we could react, Drift punches him while going toward another guard. He then uses that guard to push himself forward and reach another guard with his kick.

No Caption Provided

Afterwards, we see Drift is targetted with a gun by a Decepticon. Drift was able to quickly turn around and run toward this Decepticon while dodging laserbolts. He was able to disarm the shooter before he realizes Drift is too close to shoot. Then he quickly swongs his other arm to push his sword near the Decepticon's throat. This means he won the fight since Transformers in the IDW universe can be killed via decapitation.

No Caption Provided

In this scan, we see the part of Drift's training. Although he has lost these sparring sessions, it's not a bad showing since it shows he has training and this is the first time he trained as a samurai. He has no doubt been training for centuries after this story, fought in the cybetronian war for tens of thousands of years after this story, becoming much faster and much more skilled since then.

No Caption Provided

In a different issue from this series, Drift fights another Decepticon. In this scan, Drift is having a problem with this con. However he is only using one sword and this Decepticon is using skill also. He had to block Drift's karate chop with his own hand. So I think this another indicator of Drift's skill.

No Caption Provided

NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ilikedonuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By ilikedonuts

My turn.

Grimlock throwin' Sludge around (while Sludge was in his Dinomode) like a ragdoll, also knocks Swoop away (probably out) with Sludge's body an' causes an' earthquake by slammin' him to th' ground, showin' he's really strong. Watch:

No Caption Provided

Effortlessly slices Sunstreaker (I think it's Sunstreaker anyway, ain't read Maximum Dinobots yet) in half with his sword:

No Caption Provided

Easily knockin' Scorponok back with a punch, hurtin' him:

No Caption Provided

Grimlock blockin' several shots from Scorponok with his sword, showin' how skilled he is with it:

No Caption Provided

2500th post!

NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NinjaWarrior268

Okay, I'm going counter some of the things and scans you posted just because I feel it's the right thing to do. Also, I have time to tidy the op.

Counterpoint: Grimlock's sword

Effortlessly slices Sunstreaker (I think it's Sunstreaker anyway, ain't read Maximum Dinobots yet) in half with his sword:

No Caption Provided

Grimlock was able to cut Sunstreaker because he had no defense for it. Drift wields the great sword. This article is from TFwiki but TFwiki is usually reliable.

No Caption Provided

Also, in thess scans, Drift blocks a sword swing from Gigatron. Then swings his sword to knock Gigatron back. After that, they clash swords again before Drift jumped back to get some distance between the two. If Drift can block a sword swipe from Gigatron, I bet he can do the same to Grimlock.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Counterpoint: Grimlock's strength

Grimlock throwin' Sludge around (while Sludge was in his Dinomode) like a ragdoll, also knocks Swoop away (probably out) with Sludge's body an' causes an' earthquake by slammin' him to th' ground, showin' he's really strong. Watch:

No Caption Provided

An earthquake isn't going to knock Drift off his toes. He can fly.

No Caption Provided

Also, if Drift can take down Turmoil who is as much a badass as Grimlock is, he could do the same to Grimlock. He dodges all of Turmoil's attacks and then cuts him so he's bleeding energon

No Caption Provided

Skill

I'd like to post some more scans of Drift's skill feats. Here we see Drift cutting up a group of cybertronian soldiers.

No Caption Provided

In these two scans, we see Drift trying to tag an alien with his sword. He dodges most of his blows. After the alian jumps upward from Drift's second attack, he shifts his weight to Drift's left side to avoid a sword swing but then Drift swings the sword in his left hand. After the alien manages to stab Drift, he responds with a head butt.

Conclusion

Drift will be able to dodge or block all of Grimlock's attacks with his skill and sword. Then he will be able to decapitate Grimlock or stab Grimlock in the spark.

Okay, your turn @ilikedonuts

NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump in case anyone else wants to vote

ilikedonuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ilikedonuts

@ninjawarrior268:

Back, finally.

I'd like ta add:

Grimlock blockin' several shots from Scorponok with his sword, showin' how skilled he is with it:

No Caption Provided

That feat proves that Grimlock can block a few of Drift's hits.

Also, if Drift can take down Turmoil who is as much a badass as Grimlock is, he could do the same to Grimlock. He dodges all of Turmoil's attacks and then cuts him so he's bleeding energon

No Caption Provided

Drift didn't take down Turmoil. Sure he hurt him, but he didn't take him down. He was still standin', conscious. Besides, f he did somethin' like that to Grimlock, Grimlock wouldn't quit, since he is quite stubborn an' determined. He wouldn't surrender. Th' explosion of th' ship did seem ta temporarily take Turmoil down though, I think he did survive though but he was badly injured. Grimlock tanked an explosion of a large refinery of energon at point blank range, didn't even look too damaged, an' the explosion was seen from outer space an' it killed thousands of Cybertronians, so there's definitely a huge durability difference between Grimlock an' Turmoil. Here:

Here he beats up Scorponok, an' hurts him badly. It also shows he can be sorta unpredictable, since Scorponok didn't see th' attack comin'. He also took a direct hit from Optimus Prime's Ion Blaster:

Outbrawls a scavenger (I think that's what they were called, anyway), provin' he can get in a few haymakers on Drift:

No Caption Provided

Here's Grimlock tankin' a huge blast with a tiny bit damage an' gettin' himself together quickly:

No Caption Provided

This might be a bit more of a feat for Shockwave, but it shows Grimlock's strong-will an' that he wouldn't back down:

No Caption Provided

So, here's th' conclusion:

Drift ain't takin' Grimlock down with firepower. So he's gonna have ta come up-close, an' if Grimlock does a similar unpredictable move ta Drift that he did ta Scorponok, he can land a few haymakers at Drift an' grab him, which is gonna give Grimlock the advantage. Also, Grimlock ain't gonna back down, no matter how wounded he gets.

NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NinjaWarrior268

How Drift will stop Grimlock

Drift didn't take down Turmoil. Sure he hurt him, but he didn't take him down. He was still standin', conscious. Besides, f he did somethin' like that to Grimlock, Grimlock wouldn't quit, since he is quite stubborn an' determined. He wouldn't surrender. Th' explosion of th' ship did seem ta temporarily take Turmoil down though, I think he did survive though but he was badly injured. Grimlock tanked an explosion of a large refinery of energon at point blank range, didn't even look too damaged, an' the explosion was seen from outer space an' it killed thousands of Cybertronians, so there's definitely a huge durability difference between Grimlock's an' Turmoil's durability. Here:

Grimlock wouldn't fighting until he dies but he'll be dead once Drift cuts off his head or stabs Grimlock in his spark. Simon Furman points that out in his interview Transformers can be killed if their spark is destroyed or are decapitated. Since he created the IDW universe, his word is god's. This is taken from the IDW message board.

No Caption Provided

In fact, here is Impactor killing another transformer by crushing his brain unit

No Caption Provided

Great Sword

Drift's sword is one of the swords weilded by the Knight of Cybertron. The weilder can combine his power with the sword for energy charged attacks.

No Caption Provided

It has cut through cybertronians as if they were made of butter. Here is a scan of Drift cutting through an alien attacking Crystal city.

No Caption Provided

Also, here's a scan of Cyclonus using Drift's sword to cut through tyrest's guards

No Caption Provided

Earlier I showed this scan of Drift blocking a sword swing from Gigatron who is most likely par with Megatron. If Drift has strength around Megatron level he can certainly contend with Grimlock. I see no reason why Grimlock wouldn't be hurt if he fought someone around his strength level. Drift will put swing his sword at Grimlock's head and it will fall off.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Counterpoint: Grimlock hitting Drift

Outbrawls a scavenger (I think that's what they were called, anyway), provin' he can get in a few haymakers on Drift:

I'm not sure what a scavenger is. How does this show he'll hit drift with his guard down?

Here he beats up Scorponok, an' hurts him badly. It also shows he can be sorta unpredictable, since Scorponok didn't see th' attack comin'. He also took a direct hit from Optimus Prime's Ion Blaster:

Drift's not one for talking either. It'd be one thing if he tagged Scorponok with a kick or a blaster while fighting but here Grimlock attacked Scorponok when he stopped fighting. Drift isn't going to let his guard down or pause until Grimlock is dead.

And..

This might be a bit more of a feat for Shockwave, but it shows Grimlock's strong-will an' that he would't back down:

No Caption Provided

Grimlock didn't win this fight. Shockwave shut down his logic center to make him more agreesive and was beating all the Dinobots. Drift is a better fighter than Shockwave and can replicate anything he does.

NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ilikedonuts

Okay, your turn. Also, if anyone else would like to vote, that would be appreciated

ilikedonuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ilikedonuts

@ninjawarrior268:

Okay. I'm back. Recently got Maximum Dinobots, by th' way.

And..

This might be a bit more of a feat for Shockwave, but it shows Grimlock's strong-will an' that he would't back down:

No Caption Provided

Grimlock didn't win this fight. Shockwave shut down his logic center to make him more agreesive and was beating all the Dinobots. Drift is a better fighter than Shockwave and can replicate anything he does.

That's whut I meant with "more of a feat for Shockwave". Was just seein' it as a feat of willpower fer Grimlock, but since he became more aggressive 'cuz of his logic center bein' shut down I guess it might not really count.

No Caption Provided

One o' the Monsterbots says Grimlock's bigger an' faster than they expected.

There's th' rest o' the fight.

Here Grimlock both tackles Shockwave thru a buildin', an also uses a grenade an' blows th' whole place ta pieces. Incapacitates both of 'em, but if it can do that ta them I'm sure it'll have th' same effect on Drift (not ta mention Grimlock seemed a bit sore after his fight wit' Shockwave.)

No Caption Provided

That ain't no Scavenger actually. The Scavengers was just a part o' the comic book. That guy's a part of th' D.J.D (Decepticon Justice Division.) His name's Tarn.

No Caption Provided

As I said, I recently got Maximum Dinobots, an' I found out that actually wasn't Sunstreaker. Just sum kinda Monsterbot, one o' Scorponok's lackeys if ya will, lookin' like him.

Awright, yer turn. Gonna try an' reply quicker next time.

NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ilikedonuts: Ah very good. Do you wanna go for two more rounds before voting?

ilikedonuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ilikedonuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump. Just ta get the votin' ta start.

Avatar image for deactivated-6155f5fcc6972
deactivated-6155f5fcc6972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It seems no one cared about this to vote so I'll do it.

I'm voting for @ninjawarrior268, no offense to you @ilikedonuts, you had good arguments too. I just feel like ninjawarrior proved his case better with showing scans such as of Drift fighting Gigatron etc.