#1 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3165 posts) - - Show Bio

So its the climax of AotC. Anakin and Obi-Wan rush in to Count Dooku's hangar to confront him...only Dooku isn't there. Instead Darth Maul is, which surprises the two Jedi. No sooner do they fully take in the scene does Maul ignite his double-bladed lightsaber.

"Its not possible..."

Maul enters a battle stance.

"We'll take him together, you go in slowly on the left--"

"No I am taking him now!" Anakin charges Darth Maul, who holds his ground as Obi-Wan shouts at Anakin not to rush in.

Who wins?

Versus

#2 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3165 posts) - - Show Bio

Leaning towards Maul, but I wouldn't be surprised if I turn out to be the only one.

#3 Posted by ShootingNova (17851 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Team, 6-8/10.

#4 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3165 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: Yep, that's what I thought. AotC Anakin and Obi-Wan are apparently so crazy uber. There's not all that big a power gap between AotC Anakin and Obi-Wan and RotS Anakin and Obi-Wan is there?

I still say Maul wins a majority. He killed Qui-Gon, he can handle Anakin and Obi-Wan, especially individually, and Annie made the grave error of charging Maul without back-up.

#5 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3165 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#6 Posted by ShootingNova (17851 posts) - - Show Bio

@shroudofsorrow: Not that powerful. And yes, there's quite a gap. But let's not get into off-topic stuff again.Killing Qui-Gon past his prime is...... good, but not overwhelmingly good. While a highly skilled and reputed swordsman, Qui-Gon has few feats of especially important notice. AotC Anakin and Obi-Wan together can take Qui-Gon down as well.

#7 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3165 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@shroudofsorrow: Not that powerful. And yes, there's quite a gap.

And yet, AotC Anakin and Obi-Wan are still better than Kit Fisto, Darth Maul, and Qui-Gon Jinn....that's "not that powerful"?

Also, while Qui-Gon was not in his prime as of TPM, it was his stamina, not his skills that had taken a nose-dive. I talked to Silver about this, and this is what he told me. Nowhere does it say that TPM Qui-Gon's skills weren't as good as Qui-Gon at his peak's skills were. Just his stamina, and part of this is because Qui-Gon's form of choice (Ataru) is very physically demanding.

#8 Posted by ShootingNova (17851 posts) - - Show Bio

@shroudofsorrow: Combined they are superior.

What's wrong about that?Which is exactly the point. Qui-Gon's stamina is quite lacking now, due to age and Ataru being the most physically costing form, but regardless, Obi-Wan and Anakin can certainly outlast Qui-Gon. Also, in regarsd to the Tatooine fight, Darth Maul's leaping assault nearly caught Qui-Gon off guard. Then again, Tatooine was a very harsh (and hot) environment, and Qui-Gon did a commendable effort shaking off any shock and mounting a fairly impressive defence against Maul's relentless assault. Although it should be noted that had his escape vessel not appeared on time, Qui-Gon would have tired under Maul's attacks.

#9 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 7 or 8

#10 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3165 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump. Still haven't been convinced that Annie and Obi-Wan win.