Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By renamed040924

The Tournament of Soldiers - Round 1

No Caption Provided

In honor of veterans and those still currently serving their countries around the world, this tournament has a soldier theme. I can't thank you enough for your service, and can not begin to describe how much respect I have for those who put their life on the line to fight for what they believe in.

Enough preaching from me, let's get to the tournament!

veitha

No Caption Provided
Team RED
Team RED
  • Ult Cap
  • Ult Hawkeye
  • Winter Soldier

VS

nickthedevil

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
  • Norman Osborn
  • Baron Helmut Zemo
  • Prometheus

Rules

• Only characters who are or have been soldiers can be used in this tournament. They need to have fought for a country, nation, planet, ideal, etc. for a significant amount of time, and have that be a major part of their character.
  • This tournament welcomes any and all viners. If you're new to tournaments, we can help you along the way. This will be done at a casual pace. If you like strict rules and enforcement, with die hard debaters who will do anything to win, look elsewhere. This tournament will be taken seriously, but the primary purpose is to have fun and learn a bit more about these characters.
  • Teams consist of 2-3 characters. I'll explain later how you know if you get 2 or 3.
  • Morals on, in character.
  • Standard Equipment.
  • Existing relationships play a role, but your characters primary goal is to eliminate the other team and will work with the other characters, but characters with established teamwork, will do a better job of this.
  • There will be limited prep, but it is completely limited to strategy meetings. Nothing to make your team any better then standard.
  • The first round is going to limit your post count to three posts for you and three for your opponent. The first round is going to be 16 separate matches, and asking voters to read that much is probably not going to happen, so we will keep it short for them. I may limit post counts on the second round too.
  • You will be given no more then 3 days to get a post up after your opponent replies to you. If you're the first to post, then you have 3 days from creation of the match to get your post up. This is PLENTY of time, and you should be able to get it done much faster then that. Since this tourney is designed for everyone, including quite a few viners who are new to tourneys, I'm giving a bit extra time then I normally would. If this is going to be a problem for you (life happens), PM me and your opponent, and we can work something out.
  • Absolutely no low-balling, wanking, or being disrespectful. This is a tournament for fun, but also to help remember that there are real life soldiers that put their lives on the line day in and day out. Let's remember priorities here, and keep things respectful. This is fiction. If things get heated, I'll help moderate, and maybe call in a few people on here I consider to be experts to help sort things out. Don't lose your cool brah!
  • Game on.

Team RED is in the SouthWest corner base. Team BLUE is in the NorthEast corner base
Team RED is in the SouthWest corner base. Team BLUE is in the NorthEast corner base

You're team has access to the exact map you see above and three hours of prep from within your bases. Please note in the rules that prep is limited strictly to strategy meetings. Nothing will be done but looking at this map, talking, and getting to know the characters on your team.

Here's a link for a video for map reference if you'd like: Blood Gulch Map (ignore any weapon or vehicle pickups)

Win by Death, KO, or Incapacitation.

Extra Perk for Soldiers and Veterans

No Caption Provided

If you are currently a soldier or a veteran from any military, you can pick one perk. Please be honest.

1. Full knowledge of other team
  2. Perfect Teamwork
  3. Unlimited Ammo
Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Tag for votes

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Veitha

Tag for votes

sure.

@nickthedevil here's the intro to my team(it doesn't count as an opening post).

Winter Soldier

Bucky Burnes was Captain America's sidekick in the 2nd World War, one of the Invaders sent to Germany to defeat Hitler and his evil forces and superhumans. He was a teenager when he started fighting alongside Cap, and he got apparently getting killed during Cap's last mission, sacrificing himself to defuse a bomb.

But the Russians found his body in a comatose state, reanimated him, altered his already damaged memory, attached a bionic arm to his and body and turned him into this..

The Winter Soldier, Russia favourite killer and assassin
The Winter Soldier, Russia favourite killer and assassin

He's been given his memories back over time and he's also been Captain America while 616 Steve was believed dead. He's one of the world best killers, being one of the best in the world in the use of weapons, be them guns, knifes or even a shield. His mechanical arm has got many tricks, other than making him superstrong, such as EMPs or even the ability to get deattached and walk thanks to an AI. He's got a very powerful gun able to hurt almost anyone, and here I ask @tparks if I can bring the gun here.

Equipment here:

- Guns;

- Grenades;

- Knives;

- Mechanical arm(of course);

- His mask and ultra-resistant

Ultimate Captain America

Patriotic? Yes. Slighty racist? Yup. Strong and skilled enough to fight the Hulk? Of course he is.

Ultimate Steve Rogers is essentially a better version of 616 Steve Rogers, at least on the physical level.

He's strong and he doesn't care about using all of his physical strenght and supersoldier abilities to defeat his enemies. He's essentially a moral-less, better version of your neighbourhood, friendly Steve Rogers.

He will bring a gun, his armored costume and of course the Shield.

Yup, he hates France
Yup, he hates France

Ultimate Hawkeye

Essentially a mix of 616 Hawkeye and Bullseye. He's the deadliest assassin in the Ultimate Universe because of a mix of his unique abilities and he always goes for a killing shot.

No Caption Provided

He has got superhumanly enhanced sight that allows him to detect stuff at far distance, makes his eyes almost invulnerable to light based attack and also allows him to use another ability that makes him capable of turning any object into a weapon by throwing it.

He's a team buster and he's faced superhumans with his arrows. Among the ones we got:

- Nuke arrow(I won't bring it here because it's a bit OP lol, unless you want to bring similar stuff);

- Taser Arrows;

- Adamantium tip arrows;

- Sedative arrows/bullets for his gun;

- Explosive arrows;

- Flashbang arrows;

- A bunch of common arrows.

Here's my team :)

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@nickthedevil bump

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tparks  Online

@nickthedevil Are you going to be able to post soon? We need to get this first round finished and keep the tourney moving. Let me know.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@nickthedevil Are you going to be able to post soon? We need to get this first round finished and keep the tourney moving. Let me know.

Yes, I'll be here tonight.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tparks  Online