Tourney of Soldiers R1: higrom vs funsiized ((VOTING))

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By tparks

The Tournament of Soldiers - Round 1

No Caption Provided

In honor of veterans and those still currently serving their countries around the world, this tournament has a soldier theme. I can't thank you enough for your service, and can not begin to describe how much respect I have for those who put their life on the line to fight for what they believe in.

Enough preaching from me, let's get to the tournament!

higorm

No Caption Provided
Team RED
Team RED
  • Devilslayer
  • Argus

VS

funsiized

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Team BLUE
Team BLUE

Rules

• Only characters who are or have been soldiers can be used in this tournament. They need to have fought for a country, nation, planet, ideal, etc. for a significant amount of time, and have that be a major part of their character.
  • This tournament welcomes any and all viners. If you're new to tournaments, we can help you along the way. This will be done at a casual pace. If you like strict rules and enforcement, with die hard debaters who will do anything to win, look elsewhere. This tournament will be taken seriously, but the primary purpose is to have fun and learn a bit more about these characters.
  • Teams consist of 2-3 characters. I'll explain later how you know if you get 2 or 3.
  • Morals on, in character.
  • Standard Equipment.
  • Existing relationships play a role, but your characters primary goal is to eliminate the other team and will work with the other characters, but characters with established teamwork, will do a better job of this.
  • There will be limited prep, but it is completely limited to strategy meetings. Nothing to make your team any better then standard.
  • The first round is going to limit your post count to three posts for you and three for your opponent. The first round is going to be 16 separate matches, and asking voters to read that much is probably not going to happen, so we will keep it short for them. I may limit post counts on the second round too.
  • You will be given no more then 3 days to get a post up after your opponent replies to you. If you're the first to post, then you have 3 days from creation of the match to get your post up. This is PLENTY of time, and you should be able to get it done much faster then that. Since this tourney is designed for everyone, including quite a few viners who are new to tourneys, I'm giving a bit extra time then I normally would. If this is going to be a problem for you (life happens), PM me and your opponent, and we can work something out.
  • Absolutely no low-balling, wanking, or being disrespectful. This is a tournament for fun, but also to help remember that there are real life soldiers that put their lives on the line day in and day out. Let's remember priorities here, and keep things respectful. This is fiction. If things get heated, I'll help moderate, and maybe call in a few people on here I consider to be experts to help sort things out. Don't lose your cool brah!
  • Game on.

Team RED starts at 1 (Lake Base). Team BLACK starts at 2 (Waterfall Base)
Team RED starts at 1 (Lake Base). Team BLACK starts at 2 (Waterfall Base)

You're team has access to the exact map you see above and three hours of prep from within your bases. Please note in the rules that prep is limited strictly to strategy meetings. Nothing will be done but looking at this map, talking, and getting to know the characters on your team.

Here's a link for a video for map reference if you'd like: Valhalla map (ignore any weapon or vehicle pickups)

Win by Death, KO, or Incapacitation.

Extra Perk for Soldiers and Veterans

No Caption Provided

If you are currently a soldier or a veteran from any military, you can pick one perk. Please be honest.

1. Full knowledge of other team
  2. Perfect Teamwork
  3. Unlimited Ammo
Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

@funsiized: you better watch your back son!

HERE WE GO!

Opening Post - (doesn't count for the 3 post limit)

TEAM @higorm

> Argus

No Caption Provided

Basic Information:

Argus is likely named after Argos Panoptès, the all-seeing giant with a hundred eyes from Greek myth.

Nick Kelly, born Nick Kovak, was a federal agent, working undercover in the Keystone mob scene. He fed all the information he learned straight to the Agency.

While deep undercover investigating one of Keystone City's criminal organizations using the alias Nick Kelly, federal agent Nick Kovak was attacked by a Bloodlines Parasite named Venev, which changed his body genetic chemistry, and gave him special powers. Still not sure what to make of it all, Kovak continued the investigations and using his new abilities took down a division of Keystone City's crime boss's. Keeping his new attributes a secret and deciding to retain that secrecy he decided to develop a masked identity. Hence with a re-outfitted armory suit and and spoils from the FBI's weaponry Kovak created the guise of Argus.

Powers and Paraphernalia:

PowersAgility / Attractive Male / Healing / Intellect / Invisibility / Shadowmeld / Stamina / Stealth / Super Sight / Super Strength / Unarmed Combat

Powers:

• Physicals - Nick has been physically enhanced to be 5 times normal in strength, speed and agility.
  • Argus vision - Nick sees all the electromagnetic spectrum. Infra red, Ultra violet, xray and radios waves. His vision also allows him to see through deceptions and perceive the truth in things. with it he has been able to code break, see through illusions, predictive sight to see outcomes about to happen of current events, and movement read. He has also been able to see the weaknesses in armor and things.and see how things fit together.
  • Shadow Meld - Nick is able to meld with shadows to be completely invisible.
  • Healing factor. Nick has an enhanced healing factor that has allowed him to regenerate eyes after they were gouged out and to heal from 3rd degree burns almost immediately.

Gear:

• He wears a leather teflon fiber weave as armor.
  • Carries a titanium alloy nunchaku (heavy as all get out).
  • Carries sonic grenades and sonic ear filters to protect him.

> Devil-Slayer

No Caption Provided

Basic Information:

Eric Simon Payne, also known as "Agent of Death" and "Reaper of Souls".

He was recruited by the hybrid demon-woman Vera Gemini and her Cult of the Harvesters of Eyes, serving as their Reaper of Souls and Agent of Death (assassin). The Cult honed Payne's psychic powers and gave him his Shadow-Cloak, but he quit upon learning that they wished to bring about Xenogenesis, restoring to prominence an ancient demon race that once ruled the Earth. Taking the name "Devil-Slayer," he dedicated himself to fighting demons.

Powers/Abilities:

PowersAgility/ Danger Sense/ Gadgets/ Healing / Illusion / Casting / Levitation / Marksmanship / Mesmerize / Omni-lingual / Power Item / Psionic / Stamina / Telekinesis / Telepathy / Teleport / Unarmed Combat / Weapon Master

The source of Devil-Slayer's telepathy is unknown. He possessed the power to cast a telepathic screen over himself, altering his appearance to the people who look at him. He could telepathically jam gunlocks, levitate himself, and decipher languages. Devil-Slayer wore a Shadow-Cloak, with which he could teleport to other dimensions, and through which he could draw weapons from any age in history. He wielded many different weapons, including a staff that acted as a protector against harm, a blade that hungered for demon blood, a mace that wielded negative energy, Dragonfang (Valkyrie's sword) and a futuristic gun.

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Funsiized

@higorm: I always get the Psionics, every time.

Intro(Does not count)

Deathstroke

Worlds greatest assassin, He was Trained form the beginning to be An amazing soldier at a young age.

No Caption Provided

Combined with selective mentoring and a Serum given to him, his body Enhanced itself by a factor of 10, catching up to his brain. he has superhuman Reactions, Aim, Skill, Strength, etc. he has His Nth Metal Armor, Claymores, Machine Gun, And whole lotta other goodies.

Moonknight

Moon Knight has been a fighter all his life – he’s been a boxer, Marine, mercenary, and finally superhero. Empowered to be the avatar of the Egyptian god of the moon and vengeance, Moon Knight is one of the toughest Marvel vigilantes, with formidable skills and weapons to boot. Moon Knight #3 (2006) lists him as serving in the US Marine Corps from ’85 to ’87, and a mercenary until ’91. Moon Knight #13 lists his present age as ‘late 30s’, so we can put MK’s time as a hero to about (let’s say) a decade. That gives him a total of six years as a soldier, and an estimated decade as a vigilante.

He has peak human Physicals, Reactions, He has an Anti Metal Truncheon, His typical Bolas, Crescent darts, bolas and a whole other tricks

Ultraman(Manga version)

The Protector of Justice, the Defender of truth! The Man beyond man...ULTRAMAN...

This is his son.(On the left)

No Caption Provided

Shinjiro Hayata is the Son of Shin Hayata the Original host of the Original Ultraman. When Ultraman left Shin Hayata, he left a little gift. Their DNA had bonded, his merger and resurrection by Ultraman gave him Ultra Genes which inadvertently passed on to his son, The benefits of which are-

• Ultraman Factor: Due to his father's merger with Ultraman prior to his conception, Shinjiro inherited his father's acquired Ultra genes which provides him with the following abilities
    • Superhuman Strength: Due to his Ultra heritage Shinjiro possess natural superhuman strength. Some examples are of when he once caught the kick of a bully, unintentionally crushing his leg, he created dents in the steel floor of a carrier plane barehanded. Also it has been stated that his battle armor only focuses his strength in combat meaning he fights with his own natural powers and that every blow to his opponents is by his own strength.
    • Durability: Due to his Ultra heritage Shinjiro is more durable than a normal human, as a child he fell from a two story ledge and all he did was cry. Moments later he was fine and went home and slept without a single injury. He was also hit by Be Mular's heat ray at point blank range, though his body armor protected him, he had injuries all over his upper body, however he was fully healed two days later. It has been said that a normal human being cannot hurt him.
    • Extraordinary Jumper: Due to his Ultra heritage Shinjiro can leap great distances thanks to his muscle strength particularly in his legs. As a teenager one of his favorite pastimes was to jump from rooftop to rooftop between skyscrapers. He can also survive falls from heights that would kill a person. When his father threw him into a plane in mid-air he survived without even a scratch.
    • Flight: Unlike his father, Shinjiro has shown to posses the power of flight. He has shown to be able to levitate at will and move at his own desire.
  • Ultraman Suit: A newer model than the suit worn by his father, this ultra like powered armor allows him to tap into his Ultra Genes providing him with armaments. Also the armor is powered by Shinjiro himself so overuse will leave him tired even to the point of fainting as signified by his mechanical Color Timer.
    • Focus: While Shinjiro's strength is his own when he fights, the suit helps him to tap into his Ultra Factor, meaning he is stronger while wearing the suit than without it. This is stated by Ide, and shown by the fact he could fight Bemular evenly only after putting on the suit.
    • Protection: The suit also provides Shinjiro with extra protection besides his own durability. Shinjiro was hit point blank by Bemular's heat ray, leaving scaring on the armor, while Shinjiro was still injured from the attack, he would've receive far more grievous wounds without the armor.
    • Light Swords: On his arms Shinjiro's armor is armed with Specium weapons, contained blades of energy that he can use in several ways. The Light Swords, being made of Specium energy, are powered by Shinjiro's own body so overuse can tire him
      • Acceleration: Shinjiro can use the light swords to propel himself at incredible speeds, he once used them to out run a flame trail.
      • Thrusters: As well as propelling himself forward Shinjiro can use them to fly through the air.
      • Defense: The Light Swords can be used to block energy attacks, such as Be Mular's laser beams and Alien Adacic's plasma bombs.
      • Blades: Like their name suggests, the Light Swords are blades of energy that can slice through any conventional matter. He once cut through a solid stone projectile several feet thick in one swing.
    • Specium Ray: Shinjiro can fire the same attack as the Ultra whose DNA he inherited. Shinjiro fires this beam by putting his hand in the classical cross position, however instead of his vertical hand it is fired from his horizontal arm. It is devastatingly powerful and his most draining attack. Also after use the suit seems to need to cool down, releasing large amounts of steam. The Specium ray uses another system on Shinjiro's arms, so while the beam is being prepared the normal Specium weapons are not accessible.
    • Limiter: Shinjiro's suit is outfitted with a limiter holding back the amount of energy his suit can absorb from him, when his color timer turns red it can be released. Upon doing so Shinjiro receives a power boost, gaining greater strength, speed and endurance

Basically...

No Caption Provided

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

@funsiized: Okay, so how 'bout some action?

1st Post:

Battle Scheme (three hours of prep)

I don't know if you notice but my team is composed of 2 characters that complement each other, considering that Argus and Devil-Slayer possess unique powers that together make a great combo.

In one hand you have a soldier with the perfect sight, capable of seeing all the electromagnetic spectrum (Infra red, Ultra violet, xray and radios waves), but no just that, he can also see through deceptions and perceive the truth in things, which means he can see through illusions. In addition, his powers grants him predictive sight to see outcomes about to happen of current events, and movement read. Last but not least, he has been able to see the weaknesses in armor and things and see how things fit together. So when you combine this particular power with someone who can summon specific weaponry using the Shadow-Cloak, who also possess precognition since he has a danger-warning precognitive sense, you are in deep trouble.

All that means my team will have the upper hand as soon as the battle starts. They will use their powers to get read for battle in a way your team can't compete, since Argus will have the superior knowledge of the given map, thanks to his super-vision. In addition, Devil-Slayer will summon the most appropriate weapon to be used in this scenario.

Now, since we start at opposite ends inside our bases, I like to think that my team has another advantage over yours, which is Stealth. You see, one of Argus powers is called "Shadow Meld", with which Nick can meld with shadows to be completely invisible, so he will start the fight melded into the shadows. On the other hand, Devil-Slayer frequently projects a non-costumed image of himself, which can be used to confuse and distract the enemies, not to mention he can cast illusions to further improve this tactic. Finally, he will be using his Shadow-Cloak to teleport around the map, catching the enemy off guard with a surprise attack.

Basically, Argus can find the weak spots on your team, while Devil-Slayer pulls the best weapon to take them out. All that while in stealth mode, so the attack can be the most accurate and devastating possible.

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@higorm: I have to ask, how did you get only two and finsized get 3 people

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HigorM  Moderator
HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HigorM  Moderator
Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Funsiized

@higorm: Sorry bout that, been looking for some things(never did find them) but I guess the show must go on.

1st post

Bing and Boom

First some questions

Now, since we start at opposite ends inside our bases, I like to think that my team has another advantage over yours, which is Stealth. You see, one of Argus powers is called "Shadow Meld", with which Nick can meld with shadows to be completely invisible, so he will start the fight melded into the shadows

I would agree, but Shadow meld is a strange idea to use in this situation, as the Map is completely and utterly sunny. Given deathstrokes Tactical mind, and stealth not being his kind of thing. i see no reason why my team would even go near said shadows. Stay melded in the shadows however, i have a few ideas for that.

On the other hand, Devil-Slayer frequently projects a non-costumed image of himself, which can be used to confuse and distract the enemies, not to mention he can cast illusions to further improve this tactic. Finally, he will be using his Shadow-Cloak to teleport around the map, catching the enemy off guard with a surprise attack.

Like i said, always get the psionics -.-

Well, My best and clear tactic to go about this would be with my teams superior Reaction and physical capabilities. For MK we have the full physical capability to read and dodge close range RPG

Deathstroke has his Enhanced senses combined with the fact that he deals with Ninjas on a daily basis.

and Ultraman has one of the bigger advantages, Flight.

So catching any one on my team "off guard" is quite a boast.

Basically, Argus can find the weak spots on your team, while Devil-Slayer pulls the best weapon to take them out. All that while in stealth mode, so the attack can be the most accurate and devastating possible.

Heres my counter argument.

With Deathstroke and Moonknight using their combined tactical prowess and Physical capabilities, they can simply advance in the sunlight towards your base with Ultraman flying over head. Lets say Argus sees an "opening" he tells Devil-slayer to act on it, and he does. When he does though, he opens himself to easy counter attack, Given What i have shown, i don't see why Death stroke and Moon knight can not react on their own. and engage Devil-slayer at that point in time. I can then argue for their victory.

Ultraman meanwhile will still be watching from the sky, IF and when Argus come out of the shadows He uses his flight to blitz him. and again, that's a fight i'd wager arguing for my side. Should Argus not leave the shadows and stay helpless, then He can simply swoop down and help MK and DS deal with Devil-Slayer. A 3 on 1 is practically illegal.

So basically, your strategy relies on your team striking from shadows that are not in the biggest abundance, and using your Illusions to fool me. While mine counters that by sticking to the Sunlight and using a Birds eye view on things in order to correctly discern your teams attacks.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

tag tag tag omg tag me plz!!!!

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tag tag tag omg tag me plz!!!!

will do.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

@funsiized said:

@higorm: Sorry bout that, been looking for some things(never did find them) but I guess the show must go on.

No problem.

Post #2 of 3 - REBUTTALS.

THE SHADOW-MELD

Actually, in the way I planned it, it's a great idea. If you look better, you'll there's plenty shadow spots for Argus, in fact, there is a whole shadow length on the map from 1 to 3, which is right next to your base, and the entire length grants perfect vision from the entire map, wherever location your team chooses to go.

map

No Caption Provided

So that means Argus can move himself while insisible, and since your team doesn't know him or his powers, they won't be looking at the right direction, so basically he can just take your team from behind unnoticed, considering there are other shadow points along the map.

You may be still doubting he can do it in the presense of light right? Well, I can prove he can do it anywhere as long he stays in the shadows:

No Caption Provided

So if you noticed, Argus was standing in a illuminated room, right next to a person who didn't noticed him there, despite being right next to him. He can do the same in this fight, attack your team from distance if necessary, from where your team won't be expecting.

Dodge this!

Well, My best and clear tactic to go about this would be with my teams superior Reaction and physical capabilities. For MK we have the full physical capability to read and dodge close range RPG.

Deathstroke has his Enhanced senses combined with the fact that he deals with Ninjas on a daily basis.

and Ultraman has one of the bigger advantages, Flight.

That won't be enough. I say that considering the scans you posted, where your team deals with randoms. You are not facing cannon fodder here. The RPG scan proves that Moon Knight can dodge something he can see is comming and it's very slow in the reaction speed world, none of that aplies here, since he can't see Argus, so he doesn't know from where the attack may come. Same goes for Deathstroke, which presented a little more decent showing, but still against someone not as skilled as my team members. Now, talking about Ultraman's flight, that won't save him at all, considering that Devil-Slayer can fly on his own via TK, he can teleport himself just above him to put him down with one strike.

So as you can see there's not "boast" involved, my tactic is pretty capable of working since it worked before, considering Devil-Slayer is a highly trained combatant, marksman and assassin.

The Counterattack!

If your team advance in open field things will be much easier for my team. Doens't matter your physical capabilities, my team is composed of characters who can't cut right through that. Take Devil-Slayer as an example, the guy is used to deal with much stronger opponents, who are also skilled. Next scans shows him fighting the asgardian warrior Valkyrie and then simply deals with the Hulk, so superior stats means nothing here.

Don't forget he has a danger-warning precognitive sense, which combined with Argus vision, granting him not only predictive sight, movement read and most important the ability to see the weaknesses in armor. This is the perfect combination to a perfect attack from my team in the weak spots of your team mates and avoid possible strikes from your team.

Next scan you have Argus finding the weakness of a robot, using one kick to destroy it:

No Caption Provided

Ultraman will be helpless in the sky since Devil-Slayer can:

• Jamming of weapons.
  • Teleport just above him to perform a clean strike.
  • Use futuristic weaponry such as energy blasters or an anti-matter mace.

And if needed he can still re-direct assaults, so with his summon ability he can pull the best weapon to either protect him or put your team down, since his weaponry included a staff that protected him from harm and healed his wounds and Dragonfang, the former sword of the Valkyrie, which could cleave virtually any substance and deflect most assaults.

So basically, your strategy relies on your team striking from shadows that are not in the biggest abundance, and using your Illusions to fool me. While mine counters that by sticking to the Sunlight and using a Birds eye view on things in order to correctly discern your teams attacks.

Not at all, Argus is the only one using the shadows, while Devil-Slayer can teleport or just move himself since he projects a non-costumed image of himself, further enhanced via illusions. By the time your team realize where the hits are comming it will be too late to do anything.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HigorM  Moderator
sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sync1
FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for alessandro_souzamarques
alessandro_souzamarques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@funsiized - Please try to get your response up ASAP so this tourney doesn't fizzle out.

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm: @tparks: I'll do it after class, sorry both of you.

No worries man. The whole tourney is moving pretty slow, I'm just trying to give it a little nudge. Thanks for getting back to me.

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HigorM  Moderator

@tparks: I believe you can call votes here..

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm said:

Ok, but you can add more if you planned on adding more, since you still have more posts left. You aren't penalized for your opponent not using all of their posts. Do you want to add anything to this, or should I just open it up right away?

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@higorm said:

I think it's a little fair to start votes since your opponent has only done one post?

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

@tparks: I don't want to waste ammo for nothing, so you can open it right away :)

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm: Ok. Feel free to tag voters.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm going to have to vote for @higorm because he countered his opponent better

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel bad that @funsiized lost his post, he could have had me if he kept going. As it stands, @higorm definitely won the debate.