Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By tparks

The Tournament of Soldiers - Round 1

No Caption Provided

In honor of veterans and those still currently serving their countries around the world, this tournament has a soldier theme. I can't thank you enough for your service, and can not begin to describe how much respect I have for those who put their life on the line to fight for what they believe in.

Enough preaching from me, let's get to the tournament!

ghostravage

No Caption Provided
Team RED
Team RED

VS

redbird3rdboywonder

No Caption Provided
Team BLUE
Team BLUE

• General Esedeath
  • King Bradley

Rules

• Only characters who are or have been soldiers can be used in this tournament. They need to have fought for a country, nation, planet, ideal, etc. for a significant amount of time, and have that be a major part of their character.
  • This tournament welcomes any and all viners. If you're new to tournaments, we can help you along the way. This will be done at a casual pace. If you like strict rules and enforcement, with die hard debaters who will do anything to win, look elsewhere. This tournament will be taken seriously, but the primary purpose is to have fun and learn a bit more about these characters.
  • Teams consist of 2-3 characters. I'll explain later how you know if you get 2 or 3.
  • Morals on, in character.
  • Standard Equipment.
  • Existing relationships play a role, but your characters primary goal is to eliminate the other team and will work with the other characters, but characters with established teamwork, will do a better job of this.
  • There will be limited prep, but it is completely limited to strategy meetings. Nothing to make your team any better then standard.
  • The first round is going to limit your post count to three posts for you and three for your opponent. The first round is going to be 16 separate matches, and asking voters to read that much is probably not going to happen, so we will keep it short for them. I may limit post counts on the second round too.
  • You will be given no more then 3 days to get a post up after your opponent replies to you. If you're the first to post, then you have 3 days from creation of the match to get your post up. This is PLENTY of time, and you should be able to get it done much faster then that. Since this tourney is designed for everyone, including quite a few viners who are new to tourneys, I'm giving a bit extra time then I normally would. If this is going to be a problem for you (life happens), PM me and your opponent, and we can work something out.
  • Absolutely no low-balling, wanking, or being disrespectful. This is a tournament for fun, but also to help remember that there are real life soldiers that put their lives on the line day in and day out. Let's remember priorities here, and keep things respectful. This is fiction. If things get heated, I'll help moderate, and maybe call in a few people on here I consider to be experts to help sort things out. Don't lose your cool brah!
  • Game on.

Team RED starts at 1 (Lake Base). Team BLUE starts at 2 (Waterfall Base)
Team RED starts at 1 (Lake Base). Team BLUE starts at 2 (Waterfall Base)

You're team has access to the exact map you see above and three hours of prep from within your bases. Please note in the rules that prep is limited strictly to strategy meetings. Nothing will be done but looking at this map, talking, and getting to know the characters on your team.

Here's a link for a video for map reference if you'd like: Valhalla map (ignore any weapon or vehicle pickups)

Win by Death, KO, or Incapacitation.

Extra Perk for Soldiers and Veterans

No Caption Provided

If you are currently a soldier or a veteran from any military, you can pick one perk. Please be honest.

1. Full knowledge of other team
  2. Perfect Teamwork
  3. Unlimited Ammo
GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By GhostRavage

@redbird3rdboywonder Alright mate, let's start this already...

No Caption Provided

Tony Masters aka. Taskmaster

Tony Masters is one of Marvel's top street levelers. Taskmaster possesses photographic reflexes, peak human stats an almost unlimited amount of fighting skills which he can combine at will, loose morals and it's considered a swiss army knife within the Street Leveler tier because of his gear. That said, he's developed a strange talent of being quite the tactician along the years and his powerset and gear works in perfect coordination to give hell to his adversaries, whether they are in or out of his league. I'll get into detailed information later on as feats come by.

Taskmaster's Updated Handbook Entry from All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z #11.

Nathan Christopher Charles Summers aka. "Cable"

Cable is an omega level mutant with vast telekinetic and telepathic abilities (although dampened to fit in the tourney) as well as possessing a wide range of weaponry, gear, strategical knowledge, warfare expertise and loose morals. All this together makes of Nathan a lethal adversary for anyone. Since im using Cable with telekinetic and telepathic powers, that also means im using him with his Techno-Organic Virus which coincidentally, grants him strength around 5 tons or at the very least, the limits of the tourney in his left arm and his bionic eyes can see the infra-red spectrum of light. More detailed info coming soon to deliver his feats.

Cable's Handbook entry from Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: X-Men from 2005.

Looking forward to this mate. Best of Lucks.

Avatar image for alessandro_souzamarques
alessandro_souzamarques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: Sorry about the late reply, I've been reading a lot of different manga lately and got caught up.

Anyway starting with my unknown/relatively new character General Esdese. Even at a young age she was both a skilled and formidable fighter as well as hunter being evidenced by the fact that she would always go out into the wild alone to catch high level danger beast. Though she is human, she possess ice power due to her teigu which she acquired by drinking the blood of a ultimate level danger beast, which one sip had killed so many others she drank the entire thing which speaks for her willpower. And unlike most teigu hers did not have a trump card so she created one, however it can only be used once a day She has no morals when it comes to enemies and takes pleasure in torturing those she defeats or her slaves. Her weapon of choice is her rapier and she's also a skilled tactician which is why she is known as the Empire's strongest.http://akamegakill.wikia.com/wiki/Esdeath

Now since King Bradley is more well known I won't go in to as much detail. The man known as King Bradley is also the homuncolus Wrath, one of the seven created from the Dwarf in the flask. However unlike his siblings Wrath does not possess a healing factor and he also ages slowly. In terms of physicals his strength and speed are slightly Superhuman as evidenced by the fact he was able to cut through a tank. The thing that that gives Wrath his claim to fame is his "Ultimate Eye" which gives him some semblance of precog. http://fma.wikia.com/wiki/King_Bradley

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: I'm going through reminding everyone to get started on their next posts. You guys are pretty much right in line with a lot of other people, but still try and get it done soon so we can get this tourney back on track.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GhostRavage

@redbird3rdboywonder: Im really sorry for the delay mate, as you already know, some family issues popped out of nowhere. Anyway, let's continue this shall we?

Preparation Time

All right, in the preparation time both Cable and Taskmaster will talk about their abilities, gear, attributes and tactical approach about the incoming match. Coincidentally, the name of "Deadpool" comes out and they talk about their "hate/love best friend" relationship they have with him, which somehow creates some empathy between them, strengthening their team work and making it more efficient. That said, the strategical meeting will conclude in both of them agreeing in performing a "1-Man Recon" tactic as their first move.

No Caption Provided

Given Cable's knowledge in war, tactics, chess and other useful information, let alone knowledge about the map, he came up with the following plan:

First of all, the moment the match begins, Cable is going to mind-link with Taskmaster to have 100% continuous communication with impeccable efficiency. He proved to have this ability countless times when he was performing such tactic with his all time lover Domino like in Cable #25 or more suited to this scenario, like he did with Bishop in Cable #41...

No Caption Provided

Taskmaster (Orange X) will move forward at 1/3 of the map and situate himself on top of the shown rock between the trees with binoculars while Cable (Blue X) proceeds to move to the upper area of the map behind the battleship in the Pelican. Both positions grant a quite decent line of sight and good coverage from being spot. Taskmaster's spot grants him the best line of sight and he's capable of looking at the whole half of the map which consequentially makes him able to spot any approaching enemies before they spot Cable and warn him before it happens, moreover, the fact that he's in a "more visible" spot than Cable's, he will serve as "bait" to taunt enemies to go for him, granting Cable the "surprise factor" he could very easily exploit given his powerset.

No Caption Provided

On Cable's side, when he reaches his destiny, he will perform a whole mind scan of the battleground to spot the 2 enemies, forwardly and instantly briefing Taskmaster about what they are planning to do for him to act accordingly as he proved when he had NO proficiency whatsoever over his powers in Cable #22...

No Caption Provided

In simple words, my first approach of the match is all recognition and positioning. This will grant me strategical spots to attack from the flank while seemingly controlling your characters's movements by using Taskmaster as "bait", let alone a "bait" that knows precisely what his enemy is going to do. Im going to wait for your characters's strategy to start showing off combat feats.

Your turn mate.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: Sorry about that and I won't be able to post pictures only links for the scans of the feats thanks to the newer version of CV not being mobile friendly and nice strategy by the way.

Alright so in terms of prep neither of them really have any substantial feats to go on aside the fact that General Esdese created her trump card off panel for the next time she encountered the protagonist plus it would be useless anyway with Cable mind scanning the field, which won't be an easy obstacle to overcome. Despite that though the fact that you're using Taskmaster as bait and putting him out in the open is good for me because both characters in my team are very competent they will figure out that Cable is somewhere in the area and in addition to that Esdese can sense killing intent and react to it, just like she did in this scan even when the opponent was invisible http://www.mangapanda.com/akame-ga-kiru/41/42.

So I figure that either Esdese can freeze the area to draw Cable out or King Bradley can scan the area using his Ultimate eye

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

LOL @ this thread. I'm going with @ghostravge: because he actually had a argument. :P

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 juiceboks  Moderator

Pretty much what everybody else said.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

GR

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@ghostravage's strategy was far more compelling, logical and more likely to happen based on how he explained it. Also I knew he'd pick Cable and Taskmaster as his team members :P

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: How did you know mate? And thanks for stopping by :P

Avatar image for alessandro_souzamarques
alessandro_souzamarques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage GR gets my vote because his strategy was further elaborated.