Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jeanroygrant

Tournament Final Round cosmicaware1 VS ImTheDamnBatman

cosmicallyaware1

• Black Adam
  • The Fallen One
  • Gladiator ( Full Confidence, & It Can't Waver )

ImTheDamnBatman

• Mongul
  • Superman
  • Sinestro

Rules

• No BFR
  • Fight Takes Place On The Moon
  • Standard Gear
  • No Outside Help
  • No Prep
  • No Void For Sentry
  • Yellow Lantern Sinestro
  • No Rings For Mongul

Let The Debating Start!

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MenaceForever2

Team 1 takes this

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pokergeist
@menaceforever
Team 1 Stomps. hard.
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By willpayton

Wont be able to stick around for the debating part (at least until after lunch), but...

Team 1 wins! Mongul is a bigtime weak link for team 2.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pokergeist

The way I see it you have 3 Speed Blitzing Flyers on team 1 

1 Speed Blitzing Flyer on team 2 who happen to be weak against Magic which is Team 1 BA deals out. 

Its a Sluaghter. 

Mogul is Ignored. So this becomes 2 on 3 and Sinestro gets taken out before he can think. Now its 3 on 1 and Supes gets taken out ez by BA hits as well as FO and Glads.  

Teams 1 wins hard.
Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Team One sorry Batman...

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

I get Ultimate-Mega-Extreme-Super-Perfect-Roflcopter-Curbstomped.

marvelfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By marvelfanboy

@ImTheDamnBatman: Your team dies.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Floopay

Hmmmmmmm...Odd that people consider this so much of a stomp.

Mongul - Mongul has taken the likes of Superman, Wonder Woman, Lanterns, and other high powered characters (not simultaneously). He's also super fast, and has amazing reflexes. Even though he can't fly, he can tag anyone from team 1 with his chest cannon, and I doubt anyone from team 1 can take more than a few of those without being taken out of this fight. For a team to ignore him would be fatal, even if they avoid a physical confrontation. That being said, he can take any ranged attack put out by team 1 with relative ease. He's taken Superman's heat vision, and I can't say how he'd fair against Black Adam's lightning, but I put his durability above Superman's.

Sinestro - Sinestro should be able to keep a person like the Fallen One at bay. He's not like other Heralds of Galactus, he doesn't have energy absorption. Also, he may be super strong, but he has to tap into his energy supply to make himself so. That being said, Sinestro could probably shield him, Black Adam, or Gladiator for a little while. Over and above this his constructs can hassle anyone on Team 1.

Superman - Superman should be able to top Gladiator 5/10 times or more. I think against Fallen One, Superman would win more often than not. Fallen One doesn't have cosmic awareness, and he is fast, strong, and durable, but not on a Silver Surfer level. I also do not believe he has density control. He will cause serious harm to the Man of Steel, but Superman can take him 6/10 or better I'd think. Finally, he can take Black Adam in a good fight. He may not win, but he can keep him preoccupied for awhile.

Overall:

Mongul - Taking him in a physical confrontation is going to be suicide for Team 1, however, unless they all focus their ranged attacks on him, he's going to be standing for quite awhile, and he can do some serious damage from the ground. I think he'll tag at least one person, and honestly, your team lacks knowledge of him (has Black Adam every encountered him?), and I think someone could make the fatal flaw of confronting him in a physical battle (probably Gladiator).

Sinestro - He probably won't get a KO here, but he can keep team 1 preoccupied and distracted for quite awhile. With his yellow ring he was no joke, and I think your team will have no choice but to attack him, but at the same time if he plays defensively he should be able to avoid a KO for quite awhile. I will say this, I think he has a really good chance at beating Fallen One. If these two go one on one, I think Sinestro would come out on top 7/10 or more.

Superman - With Sinestro keeping your team occupied, and Mongul firing ranged attacks from below. Superman should be able to start taking people out while they are choosing who they will go against.

Superman - I think he'll tag one or two of your guys. With support from Sinestro and Mongul, he'll be able to take people off guard more often than not I'd think.

Team Dynamics: Gladiator may be a team player, but Fallen One and Black Adam have struck me more as individuals than teammates. Sinestro and Superman should work well together, and Mongul has teamed up with others more than few times, but he'll be more of an individual I believe. Though Mongul is very experienced in taking on teams at a time. I think Team 2 has a tactical advantage to be completely honest.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

@Floopay What he said.

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GhostRider29

I think team two could win. All thanks to floopay. LOL

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Floopay

@GhostRider29: Hahahahaha, I'm not a magician you know. I just analyze and justify my reasoning, I can be proven wrong! (And have been...a lot).

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GhostRider29

@Floopay said:

@GhostRider29: Hahahahaha, I'm not a magician you know. I just analyze and justify my reasoning, I can be proven wrong! (And have been...a lot).

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Lol But I swear every time you argue for something, you like turn my point of view around. I was about to type how team 1 stomps, then I read your post. Lol This isn't the first time you've changed my mind.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pokergeist
@Floopay
When you add in the Character like that it is a argument. However by power to power any reasonable General would own Team 2.
Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Floopay

@CadenceV2:

Not really. Superman and Mongul are the two physically strongest, most durable, and contend with Gladiator and Black Adam in durability.

Speed, Sinestro brings team 2 down, but he's fought people with that speed before and done well.

Versatility: Team 1, one more flyer, and the energy blasts are about even between teams.

Even without Flight, Mongul can do a lot of heavy damage from the ground, and the only way to get at him physically is to fly up to him. And if they do that they're in trouble. Any 2 people on Team 1 can take Mongul in a physical confrontation. However, 1 on 1, Mongul could probably take any of Team 1 in an up front confrontation.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By willpayton

There's no way team 2 wins. No matter how you pair them, team 1 wins at least 2 out of 3 fights. Probably they win all 3 out of 3.

Black Adam is too much of a powerhouse, he can beat team 2's best (Superman).

Gladiator at full confidence should equal or best Sinestro. Same with Mongul.

From what I've read so far about Fallen One he'd also be able to win against team 2's guys.

Lastly Mongul cant fly... instant drawback as far as mobility.

Team 1 FTW.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By willpayton

BTW I should point this out too. I dont know if it was intentional, but putting this battle on the Moon is an additional problem for team 2.

While BFR isnt allowed, the low gravity means that Mongul will spend most of his time floating around. Remember the astronauts on the Moon, how floaty they walked around? Now think of Mongul trying to fight and take steps with his super-powered leg muscles... one step or jump, or one hit, and he's off flying into the air with no control whatsoever. Anyone who's facing him can just go double-team one of the others.

The more I think about it, the worse the stomp is against team 2.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jeanroygrant

@WillPayton said:

There's no way team 2 wins. No matter how you pair them, team 1 wins at least 2 out of 3 fights. Probably they win all 3 out of 3.

Black Adam is too much of a powerhouse, he can beat team 2's best (Superman).

Gladiator at full confidence should equal or best Sinestro. Same with Mongul.

From what I've read so far about Fallen One he'd also be able to win against team 2's guys.

Lastly Mongul cant fly... instant drawback as far as mobility.

Team 1 FTW.

This is no stomp by any means.

Black Adam at best is equal to Superman, when ever him and Superman fight, Superman holds back. Superman has the disavantages in the fight due to Black Adam having magic.

Gladiator at full Confidence best Sinestro? I don't think so. I put Sinestro over people like Hal Jordan or Kyle Rayner who would give Gladiator a fight for his life. Even though Gladiator could beat them, doesn't mean he would beat Sinestro though. The only reason i could see Gladiator besting Mongul is because he can actually fly. Mongul has Superman level strength which is above Gladiator's.

@WillPayton said:

BTW I should point this out too. I dont know if it was intentional, but putting this battle on the Moon is an additional problem for team 2.

While BFR isnt allowed, the low gravity means that Mongul will spend most of his time floating around. Remember the astronauts on the Moon, how floaty they walked around? Now think of Mongul trying to fight and take steps with his super-powered leg muscles... one step or jump, or one hit, and he's off flying into the air with no control whatsoever. Anyone who's facing him can just go double-team one of the others.

The more I think about it, the worse the stomp is against team 2.

You got a point about the moon thing though.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

#19  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

everyone seems to be doing a good enough job of debating this, I might wait to jump in till the end!

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

here's basically how I see it : The fallen one and sinestro square off....Fallen One edges him out, eventually due to a bit more versatility, slightly higher power levels and telepathic intrusion. Now the other matchups are trickier. I think that Black Adam is familiar w/ Superman (and holds a grudge from previos encounters) and goes after him first, w/ something to prove. Meanwhile, Gladiator engages Mongul. Fallen One blasts into the Mongul fight, and the combined might of Gladiator and himself eventually take Mongul down. They both join Black Adam against the man of steel and combined.........my team wins.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jeanroygrant

People seem to be overrestimating Team 1, will announce the winner soon. Superman, Mongul, and Sinestro are all top notch beings too. The weak link for Team 1 is Gladiator, and the Weak Link for Team 2 is Superman.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Pokergeist

@jeanroygrant: Thing is Mongul isnt a Speed Blitzer nor can he Fly. Thats the biggest weak Link.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

@jeanroygrant: awwww snap!!! c'mon...you know my team is killin it!!

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ximpossibrux

Is this even a debate anymore xD?

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

@jeanroygrant: and the final determination is??? i'm anxiously awaiting the outcome.....

ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

How is mongul a weak link? He has extraordinary speed, durability, and strength, and is extremely proficient with his chest canon.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jeanroygrant

@cosmicallyaware1: I was waiting for more debates, but that doesn't seem to be coming.

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

How is mongul a weak link? He has extraordinary speed, durability, and strength, and is extremely proficient with his chest canon.

He can't fly, that's why. ( Haha that rhymes :p )

The Winner Of The Herald Level Tournament Is....Cosmicallyaware1!!!

You win a $1 000 000 dollars, JKS :P

Hope you guys enjoyed the tournament!!

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

Woo-Hoo!! First one I've won. Gotta give it up to the other match-ups....stellar contest.