• 60 results
Psionex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Psionex

Who is the worlds greatest manipulator of the Earth which will pit Toph the blind Earthbender verses Terra the former Teen Titan. Now you get to decide whose the more powerful between the two and please give a reason to why they would win the fight. The setting will be in the mountains where both of them can manipulate the Earth to the hearts content to try to destroy the other in the fight itself which is a last woman standing fight.

Terra: http://www.comicvine.com/terra/5307/

VS.

Toph:
Post" />http://www.comicvine.com/toph/47732/

mantoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By mantoid

They both have considerable earth abilites, but Toph seems to have more control and power than Terra. I would have to go with Toph.

Psionex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Psionex

Though Toph has to remain connected to the Earth to effectively Earth bend while Terra can do a variety of things with her powers while without needing to stay on the ground to be able to manipulate the Earth if you include what had added in the feats in from the Teen Titan cartoon.

mantoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mantoid

Psionex says:

"Though Toph has to remain connected to the Earth to effectively Earth bend while Terra can do a variety of things with her powers while without needing to stay on the ground to be able to manipulate the Earth if you include what had added in the feats in from the Teen Titan cartoon."

True that Toph needs to stay on the ground.

-Grounded: Toph owns.

-Aerial: Terra owns. (Because Toph is blind.)

Psionex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Psionex

mantoid says:

"Psionex says:
"Though Toph has to remain connected to the Earth to effectively Earth bend while Terra can do a variety of things with her powers while without needing to stay on the ground to be able to manipulate the Earth if you include what had added in the feats in from the Teen Titan cartoon."

True that Toph needs to stay on the ground.

-Grounded: Toph owns.

-Aerial: Terra owns. (Because Toph is blind.)"

That is the fault of Earth Bending being on the ground while Terra can hit her from above and Toph cannot do anything to stop it since she cannot see anything above her. Though I am not sure about even when Terra is grounded to the Earth she was very formidable in the cartoon against Raven when she went completely berserk. if only Raven and Terra were in bikinis when they mud wrestled I would be extremely happy.
Post Edited:2008-05-15 11:05:22

Meiriona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Meiriona

quick question, is Terra batshit insane?

Either way, I think it goes to Markov, because Toph can't hit opponents she can't "see", and Terra tosses rocks around in the air with control, rather than 'shooting' them in the manner of earthbending.

Psionex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Psionex

She isn't insane she was a spy I believe for Deathstroke the Terminator A.K.A Slade for all you Teen Titans cartoon fans out there though I am not technically sure though I have researched it enough to not be able to determine that if she is insane or not. Terra manipulate the earths gravity around the earth pieces she is manipulating making it lift into the air though that is my theory on how she is able to do that with her powers. Yeah it is going to be tough for Toph in this kind of fight.

BatmanBeyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BatmanBeyond

Toph takes the win. Terra is too emotional and that alone will distract her. Plus, Toph is blind and studies Praying Mantis.

Psionex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Psionex

Terra being distracted because of emotion doesn't matter here when Terra can simply bombard her with multiple Earth chunks which she can throw at her from the air which she won't be able to see here which she has no defense for here. I am not choosing any side here I am just pointing out in the cartoon she was capable of activating a volcano which can be useful while in the the fight and Terra did that in the cartoon.
Post Edited:2008-05-16 00:32:49

Meiriona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Meiriona

Comic cannon? the girl was batshit insane at the end. even Deathstroke acknowledged it. toon Terra wasn't nuts, but comic sociopath Terra? yeah.

Psionex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Psionex

Uh ok I was unsure for I haven't looked up the information on Terra too much and the knowledge I know of her I forgot since it was a long time since I looked up info on her.

Meiriona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Meiriona

Its ok it doesn't really matter in the end, but it -does- define how brutal Markov will be.

Psionex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Psionex

Yeah if you say she is really crazy Terra will probably stop till Toph is dead for she might not hold back and go all out in the fight which I find it interesting how the fight will end with this new information coming to light.
Post Edited:2008-05-19 18:33:59

OldIdiotAccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#14  Edited By OldIdiotAccount

Toph.

BlackDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By BlackDove

Toph.

Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fire Star

Terra could win.
Aqua11500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Aqua11500
@Fire Star said:
" Terra could win. "
Terra can't control her powers by herself,that's why Slade made a suit for her that phased into her nervous system ,so he could control her powers and movement.

Remember she had trouble controling her powers,that's why Raven didn't want Terra on the team.she could sense her instability.Not only that but Raven forseen her becoming a traitor.If she goes aerial then yeah Terra wins,but grounded Toph owns,she is more connected to earth than Terra.
Renee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Renee

The Blind Bandit.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Roddy010

Toph stomps.....

Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Terra has demonstrated greater control of rock than Toph, she requires much less in the way of wavy arm movements before she can control earth, levetate swarms of sofa sized or car sized chunks all while flying around on them in the air. 

Toph cannot compete with the level, range, and variety of tactics that Terra employs.
agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By agent9149

toph bends earth with more skill and prestige than terra ever has done on the show...terras only way of staying alive is to stay airborne

EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By EpitomeofCool

terra/slade ftw...w/out slade toph

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By HolySerpent

terra wins but toph is way better character

Fire_Ant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Fire_Ant

Terra wins, because like Gaara she can fly. (Has that thread been done?) She might simply choose to go airborne because it's an advantage in a shoot out, little does she know that she just completely blinded her opponent by doing so. At that point, all Toph can do is shield her self and throw random boulders around. Toph IS a cooler character, and in a fist fight, she'd mop the floor, but this full on battle? Terra takes it.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By Stronger

Toph

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Terra. If she goes airborne, Toph is screwed.

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By morgrim

@Fortified_Hooligan: In terms of skill toph is significantly greater plus she has more diversity she is a metal bender. Plus her hearing allows her to target flying opponents so either stalemate or toph wins

Fire_Ant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Fire_Ant

@morgrim: Do you have an example of her hearing allowing her to hit something in the air? Also how close does Toph have to be to bend metal? Terra is wearing it after all...

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By New_World_Order

Toph.

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By morgrim

@Fire_Ant: If you read avatar the promise you see she was able to pinpoint Appa's location in midair by the sound of his tail/moaning and then fire herself and sokka directly unto his back, using earthbending. Also I'm not sure what her range is exactly but it is pretty wide

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#31  Edited By Joygirl

Fire_Ant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Fire_Ant

@morgrim: I guess I should give it a read, I've only watched the series. That's a decent feat, but for one thing, Appa's a huge target compared to Terra. He was also moaning, which I imagine is way loud, and even probably strong enough for her to feel vibrations from, so she might as well be able to "see" him. Now if she had been able to pinpoint say, a flying Momo, then Terra would have nowhere to hide. As it is though, I think Terra still wins this if she figures out what's going on and stays as quiet as possible, which shouldn't be hard to do in this battle considering there's so much earth being ripped apart and flung around, it's like a rock concert. (See what I did there?) :)

Avatar image for jesusdisciple001
jesusdisciple001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jesusdisciple001

@morgrim said:

@Fire_Ant: If you read avatar the promise you see she was able to pinpoint Appa's location in midair by the sound of his tail/moaning and then fire herself and sokka directly unto his back, using earthbending. Also I'm not sure what her range is exactly but it is pretty wide

Yes, this is why Toph wins because she listens as stated in Avatar and has good hearing Aang barely touched the ground and she hit him.

Fire_Ant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Fire_Ant

@jesusdisciple001: Sorry, that doesn't fly because Terra does. Toph won't feel as much as a pin drop. One, there's a lot of seismic interference going on here, and two, Terra's in the air. I really don't think Toph can hear Terra's breathing with the earth being ripped up around the both of them. I don't think Toph can target her.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Dextersinister

An incredible stomp in Terra's favour, avatar bender's need to bend with specific physical movement's Terra does it with her mind, there range limit is horrible in comparison, Terra is far stronger and has far superior Earth shaping feats.

Terra could simply beat Toph with the Earth she attempts to bend or merely will that no attempted projectile's hit her and launch them back at much greater speed's.

Toph's skill's look better but only because she has to put in much more effort to get the same effect to a lesser degree, someone doing a backward's flip to open a trunk look's impressive but it's still less efficient than just opening it with your hand or in this case your mind.

Avatar image for thebattlecalculatot
TheBattleCalculatot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Terra floats on a rock, hurls boulders and Toph, and Toph gets hit due to being blind.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Terra floats on a rock, hurls boulders and Toph, and Toph gets hit due to being blind.

She can sense rocks that are in the air, as well...

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toph.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toph

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toph stomps.

Avatar image for asgardianxeno929
AsgardianXeno929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is everyone using terra being airborne as a reason for tops losing? There are countless times that toph has defended herself from airborne earth attacks. Earth benders are almost always chucking rocks and she's never had a problem countering/deflecting them before.

I'd say she can sense the earth, she might not see terra but she'll definitely see her attacks, and would probably target one chunk that is never being tossed at her (one terra stands on). Then again, she might just be able to sense the metal in her armor and just bend that.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#42 Lunacyde  Moderator

So far I haven't seen a legitimate argument as to why Toph should lose.

mastermustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By mastermustard

Could go either way. Not a stomp in either one's favor.

Killermovies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Dextersinister

As I've said before this is a horrible stomp in Terra's favour when you have someone who moves earth with much more power and precision with there mind than someone who has far less control, precision and range snd needs to do it with gestures.

I like Toph and clearly so do a lot of other people but they tend to horribly overrate her.

Terra could take a rock Toph tries to bend and just smash it right back at her.

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By wbr17

Gaara

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Terra's control/manipulation of earth is greater than that of Toph's. She has an edge in raw power and is more versatile. She can control larger volumes of earth, fly on boulders and can actually being the earth structures to life e.g. creating multiple rock arms. Furthermore, Terra's area of influence is bigger and she can control earth from a distance, which Avatar Earth benders are somewhat limited by. Terra could just spam large scale attacks whilst keeping her distance in the air(out of Toph's earth vision). She can also manipulate the earth directly around Toph, which can all be accomplished over a distance.

Toph's moves ard more choreographed. As a bender, she has to perform a series of posses/movements to control the earth to maximise efficiency. Terra just has to will it. Her control is more direct and she can command the earth with little to no movement, to the point where it is almost psychic.

Whats more, Terra's fighting style is radically different to that of anyone Toph has ever encountered before as the latter does not bend/control the earth in the same fashion as Avatar earth benders. Because of this, Terra would be a little harder to predict.

Terra wins after a good fight.

Don_Sevour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say Toph. They can both deflect each others attacks, but at close range/H2H Toph has superior skills. Only way that Terra wins is if she jumps off of her rock midair and dive bombs Toph with a punch or kick. She isn't winning via her powers though.

Kudlak-Sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toph stomps

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1