• 65 results
donkrieg76543

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By donkrieg76543

Who would win in a fight out of Toph and Katara?

Fighting plase at a beach

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Gottheit

No, Toph would win, Colt.

BTW, who are these two people?

donkrieg76543

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By donkrieg76543

two girls from a Cartoon called Avatar the last airbender

Angelic Reaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Angelic Reaper

I dont know who would win... I guess Katara, because even though there's sand for Toph Katara can minipulate the water in the sand, so... yeah I say Katara.

T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By T.J. Magnum

i think the earth chick

donkrieg76543

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By donkrieg76543

Angelic Reaper says:

"I dont know who would win... I guess Katara, because even though there's sand for Toph Katara can minipulate the water in the sand, so... yeah I say Katara."

so Karata can bend sand but only when there is water in the sand ?

Angelic Reaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Angelic Reaper

donkrieg76543 says:

"Angelic Reaper says:
"I dont know who would win... I guess Katara, because eventhough there's sand for Toph Katara can minipulate the water in thesand, so... yeah I say Katara."

so Karata can bend sand but only when there is water in the sand ?"

Well... yeah, cause think about it, if theres water in the sand and Katara bends water, then she'll be able to bend the water in the sand, therefore making it seem as if she's bending the sand when really she's bending the water so then Toph wouldnt be able to control the sand like she would want to because Katara would be controling it too.

Any questions? lol

Re-reads what she wrote

Oh man... I think I just confused myself...

donkrieg76543

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By donkrieg76543

Angelic Reaper says:

"donkrieg76543 says:
"Angelic Reaper says:
"I dont know who would win... I guess Katara, because even though there's sand for Toph Katara can minipulate the water in the sand, so... yeah I say Katara."
so Karata can bend sand but only when there is water in the sand ?"
Well... yeah, cause think about it, if theres water in the sand and Katara bends water, then she'll be able to bend the water in the sand, therefore making it seem as if she's bending the sand when really she's bending the water so then Toph wouldnt be able to control the sand like she would want to because Katara would be controling it too. Any questions? lol **Re-reads what she wrote** Oh man... I think I just confused myself... "

cool that does answer my qeustion

Angelic Reaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Angelic Reaper

Awesome, glad I could help!

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gunswordfist

Toph kicks Katara's ass. (about time, I can't stand Katara. lol) Toph has the clear experience advantage since she's been earthbending since she was a little girl (well...littler) and the way she waits and listens to attack will have her outsmarting Katara with ease. While Katara is trying to gather water, Toph would sense it and just put an earth spike through Katara's back.

Kastiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kastiel

Toph wins, but if it was a full moon Katara could bloodbend the hell out of her or use the planets around her.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Korg

A beach? Really? Katara would have a massive advantage there. Toph's sandbending has always kind of weak, and it definitely can't compete with Katara's waterbending when she has an ocean right next to her.

Kastiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kastiel

Oh there was beach, I didn't bother looking. Well, I change my vote.

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gunswordfist
@Korg said:
" A beach? Really? Katara would have a massive advantage there. Toph's sandbending has always kind of weak, and it definitely can't compete with Katara's waterbending when she has an ocean right next to her. "
Toph used sandbending to stop a gigantic library from sinking. I wouldn't call that weak.
Kastiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Kastiel
@gunswordfist said:
"@Korg said:
" A beach? Really? Katara would have a massive advantage there. Toph's sandbending has always kind of weak, and it definitely can't compete with Katara's waterbending when she has an ocean right next to her. "
Toph used sandbending to stop a gigantic library from sinking. I wouldn't call that weak."

She didn't use sandbending. I thought she just used earthbending to hold the tower, if she used sandbending she would have been able to stop the sandbenders from stealing Appa.
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Korg
@gunswordfist said:
" Toph used sandbending to stop a gigantic library from sinking. I wouldn't call that weak. "
No, she didn't, actually. That was regular earthbending. She has trouble sandbending in that very same episode, almost simultaneously, when the sandbenders take Appa.
Avatar image for ultimatewarrior123
ultimatewarrior123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

If it is raining, Katara would win, if in a metal arena toph would win, if in a place with both water and rock, I say it would be a draw, though I prefer toph's powers. However, on a desert I would prefer Katara's powers.
Lol I drifted from the point, sorry.

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By gunswordfist
@Kastiel said:
" @gunswordfist said:
"@Korg said:
Toph used sandbending to stop a gigantic library from sinking. I wouldn't call that weak."
She didn't use sandbending. I thought she just used earthbending to hold the tower, if she used sandbending she would have been able to stop the sandbenders from stealing Appa. "
I meant she hardened the sand to hold her footing. Uh anyway, Katara does have a major advantage here. Dammit, someone make another thread so she can get her ass kicked in a fair fight. lol
Kastiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kastiel
@gunswordfist said:
"@Kastiel said:
" @gunswordfist said:
"@Korg said:
She didn't use sandbending. I thought she just used earthbending to hold the tower, if she used sandbending she would have been able to stop the sandbenders from stealing Appa. "
I meant she hardened the sand to hold her footing. Uh anyway, Katara does have a major advantage here. Dammit, someone make another thread so she can get her ass kicked in a fair fight. lol"

But then again the sand could turn into mud, then of course Toph would win.
gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By gunswordfist
@Kastiel said:
" @gunswordfist said:
"@Kastiel said:
" @gunswordfist said:
"@Korg said:
I meant she hardened the sand to hold her footing. Uh anyway, Katara does have a major advantage here. Dammit, someone make another thread so she can get her ass kicked in a fair fight. lol"
But then again the sand could turn into mud, then of course Toph would win. "
Hmmm...good point. She did do good with mud in her "The Runaway" "fight" with Katara.
ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ThanosIsMad

If I recall, didn't Toph learn to metal bend?  I don't think Katara's powers are honed enough to let her cut through metal with high pressure blasts.

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By gunswordfist
@ThanosIsMad said:
" If I recall, didn't Toph learn to metal bend?  I don't think Katara's powers are honed enough to let her cut through metal with high pressure blasts. "
Yes but metal is not at too many beaches...
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Korg
@ThanosIsMad said:
" If I recall, didn't Toph learn to metal bend?  I don't think Katara's powers are honed enough to let her cut through metal with high pressure blasts. "
You think there's enough metal on a random beach for Toph to use while she is being pounded by thousands of gallons of water? Also, Katara has cut metal before, with very little water, when taking out the Fire Nation's drill with Aang.
ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ThanosIsMad
@Korg said:
" @ThanosIsMad said:
You think there's enough metal on a random beach for Toph to use while she is being pounded by thousands of gallons of water? Also, Katara has cut metal before, with very little water, when taking out the Fire Nation's drill with Aang.
"
I must've missed that episode. 
Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a lot cases it just depends on the terrain. On most cases if they're on equal footing, I'd definitely go with Toph.

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a lot cases it just depends on the terrain. On most cases if they're on equal footing, I'd definitely go with Toph.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On a beach Katara should wreck.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amendment50: Toph should be able to manipulate the sand beneath her feet.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@llehdevil: Sure but it won't win her the fight. Toph's not a strong sandbender and has a hard time seeing on sand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@llehdevil: Sure but it won't win her the fight. Toph's not a strong sandbender and has a hard time seeing on sand

Rocks >>>>>>>> Over water. Also where's the proof for all this? I have a memory blank.

BenDaniyar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strongest earthbender of the original against girl above average waterbender?

Toph stomps

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@llehdevil: Rewatch the library arc where they are all in a desert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strongest earthbender of the original against girl above average waterbender?

Eh she's better than though come on. She's manipulated oceans and rocked ships with her waterbending, she's a pretty darn strong waterbender, even if her skills seem basic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a794b61068b8
deactivated-5a794b61068b8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd probably go with Katara.

Veravin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with katara cause i think the beach would have more water than sand and if katara gets on the water theres no way toph can see her attacks coming.

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sand was a weakness for Toph IIRC?

Katara should win easily on a beach. With an equal amount of water and earth though Toph would win, she always did seem the better fighter

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

I'm with the idea fo them being equal to death but because of the environment Katara takes this.

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toph wins solidly when morals are on. Morals off is a who hits first wins fight. If Toph hits first she would ragdoll Katara around with her bending, but if Katara hits first she would flood the area to blind Toph of her senses. That being said, I can see the former happening more often due to her seismic sense advantage, so Toph sweeps in a morals off encounter.

Marty2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noobsnowman: I disagree with the "hit-first" advantage. Whatever attack Katara launches first, Toph can block it and whatever attack Toph launches, Katara can block/dodge/redirect it. Even if Katara pulls enough water to flood the area, Toph can counter it with an earth wall. And she can't mantain the flooding so the water would recede back to the sea. Even if the area has some water in it, Toph's feet would still be touching ground, she she won't be blinded.

However, given the environment, I'd go with Katara. Instead of flooding the area, Katara could simply surf the sea and attack from a place Toph can't "see".

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marty2187:

Whatever attack Katara launches first, Toph can block it

As in if Katara manages to hit Toph with her bending, it's all over for Toph.

Toph launches, Katara can block/dodge/redirect it.

No she wouldn't, Toph has many ways to end Katara with zero effort. either by sending huge mountains on her face, or sand bend her to instantly disable her limbs so Katara couldn't fight back, or bury her into the sand completely.

Even if Katara pulls enough water to flood the area, Toph can counter it with an earth wall.

When I stated that Toph can counter with her seismic senses, this is how she would do it.

And she can't mantain the flooding so the water would recede back to the sea.

Bloodlusted Katara probably would. Her control and mastery of waterbending is insane.

Even if the area has some water in it, Toph's feet would still be touching ground, she she won't be blinded.

If Katara manages to freeze the area, her feet would be. It would sever her connection to the earth.

However, given the environment, I'd go with Katara. Instead of flooding the area, Katara could simply surf the sea and attack from a place Toph can't "see".

Such as?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@marty2187: Fair enough. Katara can stick on a part of ice in the sea, and start throwing waves.
I think they would be equal to death so the location factor changes everything.

Marty2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noobsnowman:

Why do you think one of them would just stand there like an idiot while the other one hits them with an attack? They are both talented and fast enough to come up with a counter-move for every move of their opponent.

Such as?

The surface of the sea.

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By noobsnowman

@marty2187: There is a reason why I said who hits first wins, because both possess abilities that could instantly win them the fight if they land it, just that Toph's chances to win is significantly higher. I already pointed out why Katara would very hard pressed to even defend against a bloodlusted Toph. She isn't fast enough for that.

Secondly, why are you putting forth a point which is basically Katara's win condition of this match? No need to repeat what I already mentioned before.

Marty2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a reason why I said who hits first wins, because both possess abilities that could instantly win them the fight if they land it

You could say that about any bender, actually. Which is why most of the attacks *don't* land and are instead dodged, blocked or deflected.

Here's how most fights in Avatar verse work - big moves are harder to defend against, but easier to dodge and take longer to execute. Also, you leave yourself pretty open during them. smaller moves are much faster and harder to dodge. They can be blocked, but blocking requires time, so they often get through. However, they don't do much damage and the fighter gets back up right after. So, even if Toph has the ability to bend the mountain right onto Katara's face - it'd too big and too slow of a move and it'd never hit Katara. Even if Katara has the ability to bend the ocean, drown Toph and freeze it all, it'd take too long and Toph would counter it before it happens. Which is why, neither of them would even try such moves. Instead, they'd focus on a series of fast attacks that can get past the other's defenses while parrying the attacks simultaneously. Teh victory would go the the one who can get more of her attacks past and hit the opponent multiple times. Single one won't take them down, but frequent ones would slowly break them down.

Secondly, why are you putting forth a point which is basically Katara's win condition of this match?

You asked.

No repeat what I already mentioned before.

What you mentioned was a big, powerful, but incredibly slow move that wouldn't have worked. Toph could come up with 10 different counters in the time it takes Katara to execute it.
My idea was much simpler and a lot more efficient.

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marty2187:

You could say that about any bender, actually. Which is why most of the attacks *don't* land and are instead dodged, blocked or deflected.

No? There are actually very few cases when a skilled bender is actually incapacitated in a single hit by a bending attack.

Here's how most fights in Avatar verse work - big moves are harder to defend against, but easier to dodge and take longer to execute. Also, you leave yourself pretty open during them. smaller moves are much faster and harder to dodge. They can be blocked, but blocking requires time, so they often get through. However, they don't do much damage and the fighter gets back up right after. So, even if Toph has the ability to bend the mountain right onto Katara's face - it'd too big and too slow of a move and it'd never hit Katara. Even if Katara has the ability to bend the ocean, drown Toph and freeze it all, it'd take too long and Toph would counter it before it happens. Which is why, neither of them would even try such moves. Instead, they'd focus on a series of fast attacks that can get past the other's defenses while parrying the attacks simultaneously. Teh victory would go the the one who can get more of her attacks past and hit the opponent multiple times. Single one won't take them down, but frequent ones would slowly break them down.

Toph can just flick her wrist and a mountain would fly at Katara's face without her knowing it. Also you made no mention on how she could defend against sandbending, since the fight takes place at the beach anyways.

You asked.

I thought you're going to bring forth a new opinion instead of repeating what I already said.

What you mentioned was a big, powerful, but incredibly slow move that wouldn't have worked. Toph could come up with 10 different counters in the time it takes Katara to execute it.

My idea was much simpler and a lot more efficient.

Toph's moves aren't slow, lol. If she wants she can flick her wrist and Katara's wrists would be forced to the ground and be unable to bend. And the fight will be over like that.