#1 Posted by UltimateAvatard (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Who would take it if these two had a showdown?

#2 Posted by joewell (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

Toph would lose. Ozai just has too much firepower.

He's also much more agile and can dodge most attacks.

#3 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm tempted to say Ozai but we've never seen ozai fight without the power of the comet. I'm going to say Toph out of better knowledge on her abilities.

#4 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

judging by how threatened everyone is, I'd go with Ozai

#5 Edited by MirrorWave4 (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

Toph looses ;(

#6 Edited by SHARKBEARAGATOR (1667 posts) - - Show Bio

Avatar extra's said Ozai was the best fire bender in the world bar Aang at the end of the series. Safe bet is him.

#7 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this Legend of Korra Toph? That's the only way she stands a chance against Ozai (Even though she's basically featless.)

#8 Edited by UltimateAvatard (37 posts) - - Show Bio

@limpoyzloan: I think both LOK and ATLA Toph would stand a chance. We haven't seen much of Ozai's firebending outside of Sozin's Comet, although he obviously has to be good.

#9 Posted by Lunacyde (19101 posts) - - Show Bio

Given feats and knowledge from the original show Ozai should win without question.

#10 Posted by Shiryu (3492 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozai hits her with lightning. If she dodges that, a long assault of Sozin's Comet-enhanced flames should put her down for the count.

#11 Posted by Lunacyde (19101 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this Legend of Korra Toph? That's the only way she stands a chance against Ozai (Even though she's basically featless.)

Featless and dead. The only time she is mention in LoK is in brief flashbacks.

#12 Edited by DeathByAnts (400 posts) - - Show Bio

spite

#13 Posted by UltimateAvatard (37 posts) - - Show Bio

@shiryu: The fight doesn't take place during the comet....

#14 Edited by Shiryu (3492 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimateavatard:

Well then it's pointless. Without the comet Ozai has NO feats besides his two handed lightning strike at Zuko which Zuko promptly redirected. I don't understand why people make threads with Firelord Ozai and then say no comet allowed. It negates the majority of his actual feats. And please don't say "By powerscaling, we can assume that Ozai is at least capable of everything Zuko and Azula can do," or anything like that. Powerscaling is unnecessary because Ozai has actual feats, but the comet needs to be in effect for him to make use of those feats. I'm not trying to start an argument, just saying what I think.

#15 Edited by Lunacyde (19101 posts) - - Show Bio

@shiryu said:

@ultimateavatard:

Well then it's pointless. Without the comet Ozai has NO feats besides his two handed lightning strike at Zuko which Zuko promptly redirected. I don't understand why people make threads with Firelord Ozai and then say no comet allowed. It negates the majority of his actual feats. And please don't say "By powerscaling, we can assume that Ozai is at least capable of everything Zuko and Azula can do," or anything like that. Powerscaling is unnecessary because Ozai has actual feats, but the comet needs to be in effect for him to make use of those feats. I'm not trying to start an argument, just saying what I think.

Agreed. However the whole argument is kind of moot since the creators felt it necessary to make it a major plot point that none of the characters could have taken him alone, even without the comet boosting him.