• 65 results
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Erik

So it is settled. Scarlet Spider wins this week!

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#52  Edited By ReVamp

This might work better for each month. Or not, I guess.

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Om4zd

Who's Scarlet Spider?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Erik

@Om4zd said:

Who's Scarlet Spider?

Shut your mouth!

@ReVamp said:

I might do it monthly if more people prefer it that way.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#55  Edited By ReVamp

@Erik said:

@ReVamp said:

I might do it monthly if more people prefer it that way.

I think personally it makes more sense, but then it might get less attention. Oh well.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#56  Edited By Strider1992

@Om4zd said:

Who's Scarlet Spider?

This guy:

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Erik

@ReVamp:

I will give the month idea a shot at the end of May so every title has a chance to get out.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#58  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Ferro Vida said:

@Buckshot said:

@CitizenBane said:

Wish Zealot had said something about Khera. Warblade's clearly not going to.

Does Warblade count as street level? Probably not, I guess, he was fighting Superboy in the middle of a lava stream.

I'm hoping she'll confirm the existence of Khera at some point... And yeah, I don't think this new Warblade can be considered street level anymore.

As opposed to the old Warblade who could cut you on an atomic level?

At least the old one would be slowed down by superboy level punches in a river of lava. He may have been able to cut through whatever he wanted, but Wolverine is considered street by a lot of people and he can basically do that.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Buckshot said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@Buckshot said:

@CitizenBane said:

Wish Zealot had said something about Khera. Warblade's clearly not going to.

Does Warblade count as street level? Probably not, I guess, he was fighting Superboy in the middle of a lava stream.

I'm hoping she'll confirm the existence of Khera at some point... And yeah, I don't think this new Warblade can be considered street level anymore.

As opposed to the old Warblade who could cut you on an atomic level?

At least the old one would be slowed down by superboy level punches in a river of lava. He may have been able to cut through whatever he wanted, but Wolverine is considered street by a lot of people and he can basically do that.

You're kidding, right? Being slowed down by superboy level punches in a river of lava and cutting things on an atomic level =/= being dropped by a throat punch from Daredevil and being able to cut anything with the proper force. Even at his best Wolverine was not on old Warblade's level in any way.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Ferro Vida: I think you may have misunderstood my meaning. The new warblade is capable of taking those things without even commenting on it. The old one was not. The old one would have been affected by those things. Therefore the new one is far beyond anything close to the old one or street level. Maybe you misunderstood because I just said that he'd be slowed down, but I didn't mean that that's all that would happen. I was making the point that the new one wasn't even slowed down by such things, not that that's the best that could have been hoped for by the old one in that situation. But before you lowball Wolverine to make it seem like only being slowed down by those things would put Warblade well ahead of him, don't forget some of Wolverine's silly feats like taking numerous punches from Hulk before being affected or walking out of a vat of molten metal without any flesh. Anyway, yes, Warblade had claws that could theoretically cut through anything, but in practice, Wolverine has cut through things that are more ridiculous. So to summarize my point, the old warblade was close to Wolverine and street level. The new one is not.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Buckshot said:

@Ferro Vida: I think you may have misunderstood my meaning. The new warblade is capable of taking those things without even commenting on it. The old one was not. The old one would have been affected by those things. Therefore the new one is far beyond anything close to the old one or street level. Maybe you misunderstood because I just said that he'd be slowed down, but I didn't mean that that's all that would happen. I was making the point that the new one wasn't even slowed down by such things, not that that's the best that could have been hoped for by the old one in that situation. But before you lowball Wolverine to make it seem like only being slowed down by those things would put Warblade well ahead of him, don't forget some of Wolverine's silly feats like taking numerous punches from Hulk before being affected or walking out of a vat of molten metal without any flesh. Anyway, yes, Warblade had claws that could theoretically cut through anything, but in practice, Wolverine has cut through things that are more ridiculous. So to summarize my point, the old warblade was close to Wolverine and street level. The new one is not.

And my point is that Warblade being capable of surviving this: 

superboy level punches in a river of lava.  

means that he is above street level. And you can accuse me of low-balling Wolverine (I did so purposely), but I also said that Wolverine at his best was not on old Warblade's level. Yes, he has taken several punches from the Hulk. But he has also been decimated my one. He has survived a nuclear blast. But he has also been dropped by a grenade. He has taken on hundreds of hand ninja at the same time. And he has lost to Cable in hand to hand. And I do not believe that Wolverine has cut through more ridiculous things on a consistent basis then Warblade.
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By jashro44

@Ferro Vida: I think he is saying the new warblade took super boy level punches and the old warblade couldn't do that.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Ferro Vida
@jashro44 said:

@Ferro Vida: I think he is saying the new warblade took super boy level punches and the old warblade couldn't do that.

My impression was that the old one would have trouble with it, but the new one wouldn't.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Ferro Vida said:

@Buckshot said:

And my point is that Warblade being capable of surviving this:

superboy level punches in a river of lava.

means that he is above street level. And you can accuse me of low-balling Wolverine (I did so purposely), but I also said that Wolverine at his best was not on old Warblade's level. Yes, he has taken several punches from the Hulk. But he has also been decimated my one. He has survived a nuclear blast. But he has also been dropped by a grenade. He has taken on hundreds of hand ninja at the same time. And he has lost to Cable in hand to hand. And I do not believe that Wolverine has cut through more ridiculous things on a consistent basis then Warblade.

The new Warblade can take superboy level punches in a river of lava. He is far beyond Wolverine or street level (or the old Warblade). The old Warblade could not duplicate this feat. He is not very far beyond Wolverine or street level. The old Warblade could be perforated by bullets, blown to pieces with explosions, and melted to slag by heat vision. His durability was nothing like the new Warblade (or even Wolverine on average, who soaks damage like it's his job). His recuperative abilities were amazing, but that's not what we've been talking about. I don't even understand what you're not getting anymore. If you're trying to tell me the new warblade is above street level, then I agree with that. That's what my post said the first time. If you're trying to say the old warblade is above street level to anywhere near the same degree, I disagree and you can't really use the new Warblade's feats to talk about old Warblade. And what did Warblade cut through on a consistent (since you're putting that word in there to limit what can be said about Wolverine) basis that was so impressive that he can't even be considered street level?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By jashro44

@Buckshot: I think he misunderstood. He thinks that the old warblade was capable of taking super boy level punches but would have a hard time and the new warblade could do it with ease.