• 65 results
#1 Posted by Erik (31395 posts) - - Show Bio

Trying out a new idea to see how people like it. Who is the best street leveler this week? Debate using only this week's issues and nothing else.

Tribes Ascend Ruins map.

Rules:

- Can only assume feats from this week as character norm.

- Standard elimination rules apply.

- Only gear that is used this week may be applied to this battle.

- Only street level characters.

- NO feats or abilities can be used that were not used in this week's issues.

- NO assists from allies. This is a free-for-all.

- No vehicles. All on foot.

Can your favorite street leveler beat everyone else? Bring your own character and feats.

#2 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6126 posts) - - Show Bio

*Quickly runs to the local comicbook store, only to find it closed, on a Sunday night. *

Guess I'll have to wait for Wednesday to answer! ;P

#3 Posted by Erik (31395 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII said:

*Quickly runs to the local comicbook store, only to find it closed, on a Sunday night. *

Guess I'll have to wait for Wednesday to answer! ;P

If this gets traction, I will be on next week's battle by then lol.

#4 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool concept, but I am not sure regarding the date.

#5 Posted by Erik (31395 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt said:

Cool concept, but I am not sure regarding the date.

I do not understand. There were comics featuring street levelers that came out last Wednesday.

#6 Posted by Saren (25201 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian Wayne. Hands down.

#7 Posted by Erik (31395 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Damian Wayne. Hands down.

Why?????????????

#8 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

I read all my comics digitally, I was unaware they all come out on a Wednesday, thus my confusion. Of the ones I read last week, Bats. Kaine had no combat feats but did save Houston from a nuke, Damian fought off a Talon, Batman fought off numerous Talons in a specialized combat suit. Assuming I have my dates right.

#9 Edited by Erik (31395 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Saren (25201 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik: Beheaded a Talon.

I read the OP again, now I guess Bruce wins because of the armor he used against the Talons.

#11 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, Punisher head shotted a bunch of zombies and killed Black Talon, but still think Bats was most impressive.

#12 Posted by Erik (31395 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

I read the OP again, now I guess Bruce wins because of the armor he used against the Talons.

What did the armor do that was impressive?

#13 Posted by Saren (25201 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@CitizenBane said:

What did the armor do that was impressive?

#14 Posted by Erik (31395 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane:

Not sure if he can be considered street leveler as Iron Bat lol.

#15 Posted by Vance Astro (91052 posts) - - Show Bio

Good idea Erik.I like this.

#16 Posted by TDK_1997 (14387 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman or Damian.

#17 Posted by Ferro Vida (34593 posts) - - Show Bio

If only I had access to recent comics ):

#18 Posted by beatboks1 (6931 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice concept Erik. I'm usually behind the times a bit, but this will be a cool read 4 me might help me choose why i get in a few more weeks time;)

#19 Posted by Strider92 (16022 posts) - - Show Bio

Thus far i've only read Scarlet Spider #5 so I can't really compare to anything else. Anyway the only note worthy things he did was use his stingers and throw some minivans around.

#20 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
Deathstroke was pretty tight this week.
#21 Posted by Saren (25201 posts) - - Show Bio
With a body designed by Liefeld, mere walking is a feat in itself

#22 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane: You were sporting a Liefeld Lobo avatar, confess, sir!
#23 Posted by Saren (25201 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_: But I changed it as soon as possible! And weren't you sporting a Liefeld Slade av a while back?

I was actually more troubled by Lobo than Slade, I honestly could not imagine him saying things like this before Flashpoint, the syntax was all wrong:

I feel like Liefeld added "fraggin'" and "bastich" just to reassure people that this was actually Lobo. And don't even get me started on transsexual Zealot.

#24 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane: Yeah, but I actually found the artwork to be fairly alright in comparison to what I initially expected. I kind of like the Nightwing vibe I get from Slade using the staff as eskrima sticks. 

And LOL, Lobo indeed sounded off, but I think Liefeld did well with Slade's characterization. He was humane (at least internally) as well as a badass, instead of simply just one of the two, which is one of the problems I had with Higgins' run. I really dislike Zealot so I'm impatiently looking forward to Slade chumping her.
#25 Posted by Buckshot (18912 posts) - - Show Bio

I like this thread.

@Morpheus_ said:

That's who I thought of first. Granted, I haven't read all my comics from last week yet.

Moderator Online
#26 Posted by Kinasin_ (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@Morpheus_: But I changed it as soon as possible! And weren't you sporting a Liefeld Slade av a while back?

I was actually more troubled by Lobo than Slade, I honestly could not imagine him saying things like this before Flashpoint, the syntax was all wrong:

I feel like Liefeld added "fraggin'" and "bastich" just to reassure people that this was actually Lobo. And don't even get me started on transsexual Zealot.

Right, and if he didn't add it you would be criticizing him for that. Liefield haters are a mysterious breed. On topic: Damian hands down.

#27 Posted by Saren (25201 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kinasin_ said:

Right, and if he didn't add it you would be criticizing him for that. Liefield haters are a mysterious breed. On topic: Damian hands down.

If he did not add the words that a particular character is famous for, then yes, anyone who has read the character before would be scratching their heads over it. Off topic: Liefeld is a hack.

#28 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

I was more interested in Zealot, even though she didn't do much.

#29 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: We'll see her in action soon enough.
#30 Posted by Kinasin_ (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing Zealot this week made me wonder what other wildcats characters they may integrate in the future. Maybe later on down the line a they will bring back the Wildcats.

#31 Posted by Saren (25201 posts) - - Show Bio

Wish Zealot had said something about Khera. Warblade's clearly not going to.

Does Warblade count as street level? Probably not, I guess, he was fighting Superboy in the middle of a lava stream.

#32 Posted by Buckshot (18912 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Does Warblade count as street level? Probably not, I guess, he was fighting Superboy in the middle of a lava stream.

I'm hoping she'll confirm the existence of Khera at some point... And yeah, I don't think this new Warblade can be considered street level anymore.

Moderator Online
#33 Posted by Ferro Vida (34593 posts) - - Show Bio
@Buckshot said:

@CitizenBane said:

I'm hoping she'll confirm the existence of Khera at some point... And yeah, I don't think this new Warblade can be considered street level anymore.

As opposed to the old Warblade who could cut you on an atomic level?
#34 Posted by Erik (31395 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

Thus far i've only read Scarlet Spider #5 so I can't really compare to anything else. Anyway the only note worthy things he did was use his stingers and throw some minivans around.

Stabbing and showing extremely high strength is pretty good. Did he do anything really fast?

@Morpheus_ said:

NEVAH!

#35 Posted by k4tzm4n (36106 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian had an awesome victory over the Talon, but it wasn't anything that would seal the deal over competition in a battle thread. The Talon actually made pretty short work of Robin and only lost because he had his back to the kid. Awesome way to finish a Talon, but I don't see how that would mean a damn when taking into account characters like Scarlet Spider, Tombstone, Deathstroke, etc.

Staff
#36 Posted by jashro44 (19118 posts) - - Show Bio

Did deathstroke always have precog before flashpoint or is this a new ability added to his power set now? I heard pre flash point had precog but never really saw a example of it...

And I think batman wins this week.

#37 Posted by Saren (25201 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Slade didn't have precog before Flashpoint, only his daughter Rose did.

When did he show precog post-FP?

#38 Posted by Erik (31395 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay the favorites are:

Iron Batman

Deathstroke

Scarlet Spider

Tombstone

#39 Posted by k4tzm4n (36106 posts) - - Show Bio

The bat-armor was cool and all, but I don't see how that would suffice in taking down Kaine. While Scarlet Spider didn't have any standout feats in this issue, he still displayed the ability to casually dodge a wealthy amount of bullets, act in a brutal manner against goons, use his stingers/webbing, as well as use the cloaking in his suit. Place those factors in combination with his stats and I'd say he's above options such as the Bat-armor and Damian. Haven't read Deathstroke yet, though.

Staff
#40 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik Kaine's combat was against some random goons, so it isn't up to par. He did beat a speedster recently, but that was not this issue.

#41 Posted by jashro44 (19118 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane: #9 assuming I am reading it right he said he knew his opponents moves before they make it and said his mind was like a computer. He never really showed anything but he said it iirc.
#42 Posted by Saren (25201 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: That's not precog. That's just battle smarts. Rose could literally see the future while in combat.

#43 Edited by Strider92 (16022 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

Stabbing and showing extremely high strength is pretty good. Did he do anything really fast?

Well there was some generic bullet dodging but nothing out of what would be considered normal for him. As Bringit said issue 5 was mainly against goons. Nothing truly impressive in the way of combat. He did also use his ability to communicate psychically with spiders to find find a bomb over the whole of Houston:

#44 Posted by ThexX (1546 posts) - - Show Bio

I give my vote to Deathstroke.

#45 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6126 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke is rocking the New 52.

#46 Posted by Erik (31395 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92:

Communicating with multiple spiders across an entire city is actually a pretty impressive feat. It would certainly mean that no one could hide from him or use stealth while he still has that advantage.

#47 Posted by Erik (31395 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_:

What did Deathstroke do that impressed?

#48 Posted by k4tzm4n (36106 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik: Now that you've read Deathstroke, do you think he's a contendor for the top spot this week?

Staff
#49 Posted by charlieboy (7150 posts) - - Show Bio

great idea. i like it. robin was pretty cool this week. but i will have to look through the other books i got. lol

#50 Posted by Erik (31395 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@Erik: Now that you've read Deathstroke, do you think he's a contendor for the top spot this week?

His best feat had to do with him prepping the graveyard. He also did grab Tigorr but I do not know how fast Tigorr is. Other than that, he beat goons that HE said were clumsy and uncoordinated and he did not even need his enhanced stats to beat.