MarvelJackAss433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By MarvelJackAss433
@Chaos Prime: I have a feeling it is.

I see some powerhouses among the Marvel Heroes.Sentry,Thor,Vision,Ms. Marvel,Namor,Scarlet Witch,and Hulk and Iron Man.I believe they have enough raw power to take down the trinity.
Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By turoksonofstone

Avengers.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Chaos Prime

@MarvelJackAss433 they sure have but if this is a random encounter those Top Cow team have some fancy armorweapons that could play a big part in them winning this encounter..

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By difficlus
@turoksonofstone said:
Avengers.
Avatar image for marveljackass433
MarvelJackAss433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MarvelJackAss433
@Chaos Prime said:
@MarvelJackAss433 they sure have but if this is a random encounter those Top Cow team have some fancy armorweapons that could play a big part in them winning this encounter..
Which is why Thor seems to be the best bet.Darkness seems to be the most impressive of the three.
IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By IcePrince_X

The main threat for me with the Avengers are Thor, Sentry and Scarlet Witch.
The Darkness and Angelus can summon a million demons and Angelus warriors while the Witchblade amp the weapons of the legion as well as the Angelus and Darkness to tire out, distract and kill the rest of the Avengers.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Aiden Cross

I wonder what the Angelus is able to do with the Sentry since he uses light a lot....
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
The Avengers would wreck the Top Cow trinity.
IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By IcePrince_X

But would you agree there will be colateral damage for the win of Avengers?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Street level characters like Spider-Man, Hawkeye, or Captain America would likely be eliminated very fast, but with guys like Thor, the Hulk, the Sentry, Iron Man, the Vision, Scarlet Witch, Ms Marvel, and even Namor there, the Avengers have far too many heavy hitters for the Trinity to handle. Some of those guys would be a good fight for the Trinity on their own, let alone put together.
Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Aiden Cross

In theory the Trinity's power should be enough to defeat the avengers, in practice i believe they're still too inexperienced with their powers and haven't even reached the tip of the potential iceberg =)

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By IcePrince_X

I think so too... but I am not counting in the Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Iron Man and Namor as possible victors of the fight.
I really look into Sentry as the most potential danger and followed by Thor.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Aiden Cross said:

In theory the Trinity's power should be enough to defeat the avengers, in practice i believe they're still too inexperienced with their powers and haven't even reached the tip of the potential iceberg =)

I don't believe they're inexperienced (except for Dani). They just lack the competence to achieve their full potential. That's not to say they haven't done remarkable things (occasionally), but their average power level is below that of most of the big guns of the Avengers, and far below Sentry and Thor.

@IcePrince_X said:
I think so too... but I am not counting in the Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Iron Man and Namor as possible victors of the fight.

The Trinity has no answer for any of those guys at once. Ms Marvel and Iron Man's speed and energy wielding capabilities are unlike anything the Trinity has seen, as is the Hulk's raw strength, durability, and healing factor. They could likely put down Namor, but if he gets to lay a hand on either of them, it's lights out. None of them has durability feats to imply they could sustain a hit by any of the afore mentioned members.

Sentry and Thor are another thing entirely, and either would solo.
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@turoksonofstone said:
Avengers.
blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By blacharrt

Um they don't get pass thor, i'm sorry. or sentry for that matter, It's just wrong adding the Hulk and Wanda... 

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Aiden Cross
@Morpheus_: i do believe they are inexperienced, they never really had a teacher that showed them how they could use it to their full potential and i don't think they ever showed the full potential. 

And to say they have no durability feats to speak off i don't hold to much value either. Sara has been hit by powerful beasts before and survived fine. Jackie has gone up against Pitt, Hulk and Superman (if you count those canon) on his less experienced levels and survived.  

I don't think they would win though, mostly because of Scarlet Witch (questionable), Thor, Sentry and Hulks tremendous durability. But I can certainly see them beating the rest.
Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19  Edited By Baddamdog

With that many power houses on the Avengers? The Avengers.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Aiden Cross: They've had years (both in continuity, and in real time) to master their abilities. They didn't have an instructor (the same is applicable to dozens of characters, but anyway), but given the nature of their powers, unless their characters were drastically different, who could even play such a part? Sonatine likely could, but he would have inevitably usurped the Darkness. Kenneth Irons was all over the Witchblade for the same purposes. In the first stage of Empire, we saw what Jackie could do if he was actually more intelligent (not saying he's unintelligent, mind you). Imagine someone with Batman's genius wielding the Darkness, and you'll understand what I speak of.

That's not what I said at all. I said they have no durability feats against characters of this stature (class 100+) which is true. I have seen no evidence that any of those crossovers is canon, therefore I don't count them in, unless you also think Jackie is strong enough to hurt Kal-El with a punch (while his best strength feats include punching down a helicopter, lifting a car, and ripping off the top of a tank). Jackie's performance against the Hulk was rather terrible, too; as for Pitt, they didn't fight to my recollection. At least the fight with Hulk was during v2 in which Jackie wasn't anywhere near as powerful as he later became.

I can't see them beating the rest, either. The Trinity seem to be getting far too much credit for their actual abilities, honestly. They are mid-tier as of now. When, and if they ever actually become what they are supposed to be, I'll gladly reconsider. We have already discussed their power levels in private and I personally believe Top Cow is holding them back.
Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By Manchine

Avengers because of the obvious.
IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By IcePrince_X

In terms of durability, Witchblade is one of the most durable weapon a person can have. It is capable of absorbing and releasing energy.  

Also, the powers of the Angelus, Darkness and Witchblade can combine thus creating a bigger power... technically other than the wielders, the avengers are also fighting forces here that makes up the universe. 

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Aiden Cross
@Morpheus_: I know Top Cow are holding them back but i think you're giving the Trinity too little credit as well. Take Jackie for example (a character we both know best out of the three), he has recently shown the ability to make duplicates and he could use that to his advantage in this battle. Besides that, he has been known to manipulate the darkness inside a human body, he could take the majority of the avengers (who need air) out with that single move. 

So only the most durable (or character with healing factors/phasing) could survive that. I don't disagree that the Trinity would lose, because pitting them against these powerhouses is too much. However, i don't really agree with them being mid-tier either, I believe they are above that. It's just that they have VERY irregular feats, something they do something amazingly powerful while at other times they get beaten by street level characters.  

Hasn't Jackie learned to teleport through shadows recently? He could even attempt to use that to BFR certain people. Don't forget that part of the Darkness/Angelus powers are their henchman (sort of speak). They could wreak havoc or at least distract the Avengers as well.
blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By blacharrt
@IcePrince_X: In Artifacts Darkness and Angelus have some good showings, the Witchblade gets pimped around, and if it wasn't for her Healing factor she would stay down.

I don't seen them having the Opportunity to even try to combine powers, Sentry, Thor, Ms. Marvel, Vision and Hulk would be on them too quick. Yeah they can summon demons, these are class 100 strength people and those are dispatched easily.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Aiden Cross: I don't believe I am, my friend. 

Take Jackie for example (a character we both know best out of the three), he has recently shown the ability to make duplicates and he could use that to his advantage in this battle.

That's an ability he has never used in combat. It was a ditch move in order to escape capture/death, and it's quite certain that with people who can hit Mach speeds with ease (let alone someone like Sentry, or Thor, who are faster), he would never get the opportunity to just stand around and do so. For all we know (since the construction of the duplicates was not shown on panel), it could require concentration and him being undisturbed to accomplish such (which isn't out of the realm of possibility, since he usually requires seconds to use his abilities imaginatively, like he did when he created acid, or when he constructed eardrums for a deaf opponent).  And, to get technical, he first created a dupe in his v1 in order to persuade the wife of the mob boss that raised him (who was the Angelus at the time) that he was dead. :P

Besides that, he has been known to manipulate the darkness inside a human body, he could take the majority of the avengers (who need air) out with that single move.

That's a great move (his greatest shot), but you and I both know he has done so very scarcely (and even less so in major fights). Overall it's 4 times over the course of 15 years worth of stories, and he has done so to opponents standing still. Sure, he could dispatch street level characters in that manner, but people with super speed, stealth, or intangibility are another matter.

Hasn't Jackie learned to teleport through shadows recently? He could even attempt to use that to BFR certain people. Don't forget that part of the Darkness/Angelus powers are their henchman (sort of speak).  They could wreak havoc or at least distract the Avengers as well. 

I'd love to see Jackie use his ability that way, but as of now, he has only used it as a means of transportation. Could he potentially use the ability that way? Absolutely. Can I be safe he'd use it in this particular fight when he never has before? Doubtful. I don't believe it's in his character to think such a thing, anyway (it's more so battles forum thinking as opposed to Jackie's mentality).
IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By IcePrince_X

Each being release and created by the Angelus and Darkness has distinct personalities and powers. The limit is actually based on their imagination. The Witchblade can create weapons capable of doing similar feats as it is... like the Excalibur once wielded by Ian Nottingham. 

In terms of speed, the Witchblade does act fast and can also do fast construct... in War of the Witchblade, it created a fortress to hold against its half self... what is stopping it to create a fortress to block and kill each member of the Avengers one by one. 

But as I see it... it really falls down to Thor and Sentry to bring the 3 down... unless the 3 get their act together but very slim chance/

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Aiden Cross
@Morpheus_: Don't get me wrong, i don't disagree. I'm just a little annoyed by the fact that a character with such incredible potential uses his powers in such unimaginative ways and so scarcely. If he ever got to his potential I think the only advantage the powerhouses would have is their speed. Because that's one thing that I can't remember the Trinity ever fighting.
IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By IcePrince_X

Mach speed? 
The Angelus did get Velocity who is a Mach speedster during the Broken Trinity. If i am right, Velocity is the only remaining speedster in Top Cow.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Aiden Cross said:
@Morpheus_: Don't get me wrong, i don't disagree. I'm just a little annoyed by the fact that a character with such incredible potential uses his powers in such unimaginative ways and so scarcely. If he ever got to his potential I think the only advantage the powerhouses would have is their speed. Because that's one thing that I can't remember the Trinity ever fighting.
I'm with you. I am of the belief that Jackie could be Green Lantern level if he learns to operate his powers at higher levels. The sky's the limit if they ever decide to go down that route.
Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Aiden Cross
@IcePrince_X: Did she? Hm, need to read those issues again. =)
IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By IcePrince_X

If only i can get hold of the Artifacts... the fight in the Top Cow universe.

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By whacknasty

I think I am really impressed/enamored with the potential of Top Cows trinity...but like it has been stated, their feats thus far kind of put them at a big disadvantage against the top tier Avengers members. 

So I'll say Avengers for a good majority...

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#33  Edited By daredevil21134

Love Top Cow....but Avengers ftw

Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@difficlus said:
@turoksonofstone said:
Avengers.
doomsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By doomsummers
@Morpheus_: Which teams in DC and Marvel would you put the Trinity against?
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor? Sentry? Hulk? Wanda? Avengers stomp. Thor or Sentry solos.

Avatar image for the_velvet_rabbit
The Velvet Rabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Thor? Sentry? Hulk? Wanda? Avengers stomp. Thor or Sentry solos.

these four are the reason I'd have to give my vote to avengers on this one.   were it not for them, I'd say those three would actually have a pretty good chance of coming out on top.   a few of the littler guys like Cap, Spidey and Namor might actually go down, but those four give the word 'overpowered' new meaning in this fight.   I'd love to see Sara get in a few good swipes with the Witchblade first, though    :)
chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By chiq

bump