• 90 results
#51 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (18816 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke: You sure quoted a lot of people. And i don't get it. You're proving that he can age, or what? Doesn't that kind of go against avengers side?

#52 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke: You sure quoted a lot of people. And i don't get it. You're proving that he can age, or what? Doesn't that kind of go against avengers side?

He can age. The problem is that thousands of years of Thor are more like the day before us. How does he age something that is likely going takes millions of years just to get some white hairs? Maybe I don't know how Baragann's powers work like I think I did and I'm just arguing from the standpoint of "so what if they did age Thor", why does it matter if it does when even he's long dead his corpse is going to remain in mint condition for hundreds, if not thousands of years after-wards.

#53 Posted by jamesisaacs (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1 said:

He can age. The problem is that thousands of years of Thor are more like the day before us. How does he age something that is likely going takes millions of years just to get some white hairs? Maybe I don't know how Baragann's powers work like I think I did and I'm just arguing from the standpoint of "so what if they did age Thor", why does it matter if it does when even he's long dead his corpse is going to remain in mint condition for hundreds, if not thousands of years after-wards.

What can Thor's skeleton do? Is basically what people are saying when Barragan decays him.

#54 Posted by theONEtaichou (1554 posts) - - Show Bio

The Espada win, in fact I would go as far as to call it pawnage+curbstomp combination... too much speed, too much weird hax powers for Avengers. Thor can and will be aged by the respira, and die. As well as everyone else, in fact the dos espada solos.

#55 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Antman and ironman work ways to rid of barragan as the other two espadas are mauled by the rest of the team

#56 Posted by jamesisaacs (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx said:

Antman and ironman work ways to rid of barragan as the other two espadas are mauled by the rest of the team

That's literally impossible to accomplish.

#58 Posted by Dredeuced (5720 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke: Shinigamis have similar super slow aging and Soifon rotted away instantly. Unless you are immune to the effects of age and rot, which asgardians aren't, I'd imagine his power would work on you.

#59 Posted by New_World_Order (13290 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor solo's.

#60 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke: Shinigamis have similar super slow aging and Soifon rotted away instantly. Unless you are immune to the effects of age and rot, which asgardians aren't, I'd imagine his power would work on you.

Yammato is only a couple of thousand years old at the most (seriously look at him just 2000 years ago and look at him now). Thor's dad is at least a few million years old simply based off him creating man-kind. That is a huge discrepency in terms of how long it takes Thor to age, compared to a shinigami. And even in the event of his death, his body won't likely decay for a millennia afterwords.

And we aren't even going by the suggestions of Odin being significantly older than that. Trying to use Soifon as a benchmark for Thor is insane given the difference in how much longer he will out-live any shinigami without question. A thousand years is hardly any time for Thor, for a Shinigami that's entirely different. Give them an Golden Apple, apparently that will stop time in it's tracks.

The issue is why are we using characters that only live for a fraction of the time Thor will as a benchmark for how it will work on Thor? A thousand years is a LONG time for a Soifon or any character in Bleach. That isn't the case for Thor and we can prove that with scans where Thor's only difference in the last 1100 thousand years is wearing a different outfit, using a hammer and wearing his helmet. That's it .

And even then it's debatable if his powers would even work on Thor simply because of his divinity - which enables him to poke himself through dimensions / pocket universes using his finger tips or lets guys like Ares walk right through X-Man's attempts to step out of time and attack him. And decaying for a god isn't a matter of years, but a matter of centuries - Shinigami aren't even on that block.

The Espada win, in fact I would go as far as to call it pawnage+curbstomp combination... too much speed, too much weird hax powers for Avengers. Thor can and will be aged by the respira, and die. As well as everyone else, in fact the dos espada solos.

Explain to me how Baragann's powers work in regards to aging his victims and why it's going to remotely as effective against Thor, who will certainly live to be millions of years old at the very least.

#61 Posted by Dredeuced (5720 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke: He also rotted away giant metal constructs Hachigen made to seal him pretty easily. The problem is, as soon as Thor is touched by it it will eat away his whole body, even if it takes longer for him to age, he still does age. Simple as that.

I've already given the avengers the majority, I just think Barrigan's power should, by any logical reasoning, affect Thor because Asgardians do age. I also don't think Odin is a fair comparison to how Thor ages because I'm pretty sure he uses the Odinforce and the Odinsleep to retain his power. He usually dies right after giving up his skyfather power whenever he does it, doesn't he?

#62 Edited by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced said:

@isaac_clarke: He also rotted away giant metal constructs Hachigen made to seal him pretty easily. The problem is, as soon as Thor is touched by it it will eat away his whole body, even if it takes longer for him to age, he still does age. Simple as that.

I've already given the avengers the majority, I just think Barrigan's power should, by any logical reasoning, affect Thor because Asgardians do age. I also don't think Odin is a fair comparison to how Thor ages because I'm pretty sure he uses the Odinforce and the Odinsleep to retain his power. He usually dies right after giving up his skyfather power whenever he does it, doesn't he?

Which implies it's just quirky time manipulation. He's accelerating time for whatever part of your body / item connects.

That is an assumption. Thor's made of sterner stuff than steel or Shinigami and will out-live both by millienia. The Odin-sleep is just so he can regenerate his power and Thor's sporting a much better lineage that Odin ever had to boot. Odin has to die in order for the power to pass on, not that he dies giving it to anyone. When he kicks the bucket the Odin Power automatically finds it's way to Thor.

#63 Edited by Dredeuced (5720 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke: Everything is just assumption, dude. We've never seen Barrigan shoot rot breath all over Thor so of course we have to assume, one way or another, that it works.

#64 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see why Thor would need to touch Barragan when a lightning bolt to his face would pretty much turn him into ash. Barragan likes to talk a lot and explain how his powers work. He was toying with Soi Fan forever and decided to tell her how his powers work. He's arrogant by nature.

#65 Edited by xlab3000 (3322 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor Hulk and Vision will be the only one left to fight against the the 3 Epsadas

#66 Edited by theONEtaichou (1554 posts) - - Show Bio

@theonetaichou said:

Explain to me how Baragann's powers work in regards to aging his victims and why it's going to remotely as effective against Thor, who will certainly live to be millions of years old at the very least.

Barragan's power ages everything. There never was a description, people are assuming since there is a correlation between age and time it takes to rot. There isn't. The respira rots everything as he said, everything will die. So Thor dies as well... high age or not. Also do see that the respira destroyed buildings (very young), attacks (that were done there and then), Soifon (much older than the surroundings), Hachi's barriers (also young, done right there), Hachi's arm (much older as well) all in the same manner and quickly as well... nothing took longer or shorter because of age. The only thing that took longer was Hachi's arm and that is because he sealed it using kido. There was no correlation between age and rotting time, if you have it please show us. If it is there then we will agree Thor takes a long time to be rotted by the respira, but until then we have no choice but to defer to what happened.

So I go by what the respira did, it will rot Thor away and the rest of the Avengers. Add in the speed etc the dos espada solos.

#67 Posted by Simon_the_digger (3091 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor solos.

#68 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (18816 posts) - - Show Bio

He's arrogant by nature.

I see what you did there, if you actually did it.

#69 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke said:

@theonetaichou said:

Barragan's power ages everything. There never was a description, people are assuming since there is a correlation between age and time it takes to rot. There isn't. The respira rots everything as he said, everything will die. So Thor dies as well... high age or not. Also do see that the respira destroyed buildings (very young), attacks (that were done there and then), Soifon (much older than the surroundings), Hachi's barriers (also young, done right there), Hachi's arm (much older as well) all in the same manner and quickly as well... nothing took longer or shorter because of age. The only thing that took longer was Hachi's arm and that is because he sealed it using kido. There was no correlation between age and rotting time, if you have it please show us. If it is there then we will agree Thor takes a long time to be rotted by the respira, but until then we have no choice but to defer to what happened.

So I go by what the respira did, it will rot Thor away and the rest of the Avengers. Add in the speed etc the dos espada solos.

See the issue I take is you're trying to see things that has a shelf life of a hundred years or a couple thousand at most and trying to run it off as being just as effective against a god that will see millions of years at the least of self-life and even after his death will take hundreds, if not thousands of years to actually "rot". Once Soifon kicks the bucket, how long is her body going to last? How about when a building has completely worn itself out after a number of decades? Thor was examining pantheons of dead gods in God of Thunder and they had shown little to no wear despite being dead for centuries.

This is all assuming it even works on Thor given his status as a divinity.

I apologize using slightly older scans than I like to, but I can't think of anything recent outside Glory's blast that sent him through time / space. Or maybe that time he fought a time-displayed Galactus and time was all wonky there too.

#70 Posted by cinareyes44 (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Espada wins I'm going with the espada seens barragan can ages and rots thor's hammer and thor with out he's hammer thor is useless thor can't even pouch so when barragan rots or ages thor hammer he just will ages thor in ro dust and hulk as well. And barragan can touch iron man and ages ironman suit a long with tony stark . And for espada 1 starrk he can take out vision'wasp and antman and finally harrble can take out the rest of the avengers

#71 Posted by theONEtaichou (1554 posts) - - Show Bio

@theonetaichou said:

@isaac_clarke said:

@theonetaichou said:

See the issue I take is you're trying to see things that has a shelf life of a hundred years or a couple thousand at most and trying to run it off as being just as effective against a god that will see millions of years at the least of self-life and even after his death will take hundreds, if not thousands of years to actually "rot". Once Soifon kicks the bucket, how long is her body going to last? How about when a building has completely worn itself out after a number of decades? Thor was examining pantheons of dead gods in God of Thunder and they had shown little to no wear despite being dead for centuries.

This is all assuming it even works on Thor given his status as a divinity.

I apologize using slightly older scans than I like to, but I can't think of anything recent outside Glory's blast that sent him through time / space. Or maybe that time he fought a time-displayed Galactus and time was all wonky there too.

mate, the issue I take is that you are implying that the respira has a correlation to age. It doesn't, never inferred, stated, just that it will rot away everything. So if you think there is a correlation between age and rot time please show us... that is all we ask. Do not tell us Thor is really old. We agree he is old, but provide for us a reason why he cannot be instantly rotted away like everything else. Showing us Classic Thor scans with lies (Thor is not immortal btw - even if he believes it) =/= respira will not work on him. Also how old is Barragan? He got instantly rotted away as well... there seemed to be no correlation between the age of things and the rotting speed which is what you are trying to argue. therein lies the rub as they say

good day mate

#72 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11527 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor Solo

#73 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

mate, the issue I take is that you are implying that the respira has a correlation to age. It doesn't, never inferred, stated, just that it will rot away everything. So if you think there is a correlation between age and rot time please show us... that is all we ask. Do not tell us Thor is really old. We agree he is old, but provide for us a reason why he cannot be instantly rotted away like everything else. Showing us Classic Thor scans with lies (Thor is not immortal btw - even if he believes it) =/= respira will not work on him. Also how old is Barragan? He got instantly rotted away as well... there seemed to be no correlation between the age of things and the rotting speed which is what you are trying to argue. therein lies the rub as they say

good day mate

This argument seems to be based off the ideal that Barragan's ability has no limits. The issue is he's only used it on opponents that are:

1. Either going to live a tiny fraction of the time Thor will.
  2. Aren't actual Gods.

On paper Asgardian Gods can live indefinitely without issues in regards to aging - stopping at whatever preferred age they wish to or reversing it's effects entirely. Thor himself is already coming from a lineage that is timeless. I've already provided a snip-it from a fight where one of his opponents attempts to actually age-Thor into death and have it completely unsuccessful.

My argument isn't that Thor is old - it's that he can live thousands upon thousands of the same life-times soul reapers do and even after his death it would take centuries for his body to even being rotting. The debate here consists that a being so fundamentally different than soul-reapers will be affected by an ability that has only shown to be effective against them. It's no-limits fallacy that could be applied to a fight between Barragan and an abstract like Eternity - since even Eternity will kick the bucket from age.

It isn't a lie - he's sporting a divine form that effectively stopped showing any marginal change in age a thousand years ago. We don't know how old Barragan is.

#74 Posted by CheeseSticks (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a stomp. Thor solo.

#75 Posted by New_World_Order (13290 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers.

#76 Posted by Jgames (1691 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers wins but Thor dies, since the rapid aging does not stop even if barragan dies. Thor can solo this, but it would be a tie

#77 Edited by theONEtaichou (1554 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke said:

@theonetaichou said:

good day mate

This argument seems to be based off the ideal that Barragan's ability has no limits. The issue is he's only used it on opponents that are:

1. Either going to live a tiny fraction of the time Thor will.
  2. Aren't actual Gods.

On paper Asgardian Gods can live indefinitely without issues in regards to aging - stopping at whatever preferred age they wish to or reversing it's effects entirely. Thor himself is already coming from a lineage that is timeless. I've already provided a snip-it from a fight where one of his opponents attempts to actually age-Thor into death and have it completely unsuccessful.

My argument isn't that Thor is old - it's that he can live thousands upon thousands of the same life-times soul reapers do and even after his death it would take centuries for his body to even being rotting. The debate here consists that a being so fundamentally different than soul-reapers will be affected by an ability that has only shown to be effective against them. It's no-limits fallacy that could be applied to a fight between Barragan and an abstract like Eternity - since even Eternity will kick the bucket from age.

It isn't a lie - he's sporting a divine form that effectively stopped showing any marginal change in age a thousand years ago. We don't know how old Barragan is.

mate you mistake what this argument is about. It is based on the fact that whatever limits that exist Thor falls within said limits, because he is susceptible to the process naturally and thus the respira process should just as well affect him...

...no mate it is based off what happened... your argument seems to be based on nothing... no one denies that Thor is older (though could you tell us his real age) but the respira never correlated to age just concentration. Also Thor being a "god" means nothing, it's not like he won't be affected by any of their attacks once they see his god-title.

Also as explained here on this very thread Asgardians do age, and they do not live indefinitely hence the reason they consume the golden apples of Idunn iirc to prolong their lives... a far cry from "live indefinitely without issues in regards to aging" which is sufficient to make a case that the respira will rot him. As for your pic, in the very same breath Thor says he is immortal, which is a lie as he is not! So I guess that means...

If you have a correlation between age and the rotting speed of the respira mate... please give it to us. There is a reason your argument doesn't work, it is because there is no foundation for it. Nothing about age and rotting speed. But we are to assume Thor will not get rotted away because he potentially will live for many millenia (so do Shinigamis unless death in combat) or that he is older. Thor and the other gods taking long to age or to rot has nothing on the respira, do you get that mate. They will eventually rot, which means they will fall under the respira. Again there is no basis for their age vs respira. Just assumptions mate...

If the basis is that a being fundamentally different from soul reapers cannot be affected by their attacks (without basis again mate, considering the respira rotted buildings (not a shinigami), rotted kido (not a shinigami as well), rotted the very espada (again not a shinigami) using it) then the opposite can be made... since it took Soul Reapers with powers that were effective against the 3 espada then the Avengers cannot do anything to them. No godblast will harm them, in fact low-level hollows would tank the best of all the Avengers. So what dare I say is the point of this here be battle? Now who is making a fallacy...

Mate, again people should learn where to apply the no-limit fallacy. Friend no one made it here, at best you can infer it but inference is still logically allowed and not fallacious per se. Worse is that actual premises exist for this particular case i.e. Thor aging therefore being rotted by the respira. If the case was that the respira will rot everyone no matter what/who that can be fallacious... after all non-aging/non-rottable sic beings/things would be immune to said such cases. It is not the case here. Also Eternity if susceptible without a counter to age rot like the respira (as such for example as tp) then Eternity should be affected unless they have a counter for it (as such Xavier should affect Eternity with tp unless Eternity has a counter for it). Simply stating Eternity is an abstract ergo he will not be affected is fallacious, just as stating Thor is divine somehow means something. As for age, again Idunn.

Again I ask you to show a correlation between rotting speed and age, because this is your entire case. Forget everything else, just give us your premises and summations so we can go 'gee, he is right' not just assumptions mate...

good day

#78 Edited by Jgames (1691 posts) - - Show Bio

Hachigen kido was able to resist Barragan power, even stated that everything eventually died including kido, if you had watched the anime, but Barragan powers still continue even at death, and his power are absolute, so Thor will eventually die, but will be able to kill Barragan with ease.

#79 Posted by theONEtaichou (1554 posts) - - Show Bio

@jgames said:

Hachigen kido was able to resist Barragan power, even stated that everything eventually died including kido, if you had watched the anime, but Barragan powers still continue even at death, and his power are absolute, so Thor will eventually die, but will be able to kill Barragan with ease.

mate Hachigen's kido was first destroyed then Hachi strengthened the subsequent (even putting on his mask) kidos and it still got through when Barragan got pissed off. I do agree with you that Thor dies but he would not be able to touch any espada here... besides their unique powers they have massive speed, sonido, to surprise even Soi-fon... that type of combat speed is leagues beyond any Avenger's speed here.

good day

#80 Edited by frogdog (3300 posts) - - Show Bio
#81 Posted by Jgames (1691 posts) - - Show Bio

@theonetaichou:

Espada: Starrk, Baraggan, and Harribel

Avengers:Thor, Hulk, Ironman, Antman, Wasp + Captain America, Vision, and Quicksilver.

They are in a large city (above it in the espada's case) and All marvel characters are their classic selves (to avoid confusion) Neither team has any prep and the espada dont have immediate access to their fraccion. I know some of the avengers are outclassed but With thor there they have a good chance. Who do you think wins?

Thor throw hammer at light speed, even with Barragan ability to slow down time, he won't have time to dodge it, and without his fraccion, the hammer won't rot away, and with the weight of Thor hammer, and speed, it would be many times stronger Soi-fon bankai missile, and not to mention faster. And Barragan couldn't rot away the explosion, so god blast or thunder storm or any energy projectile could still hit him

#82 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (25556 posts) - - Show Bio
#83 Posted by Simon_the_digger (3091 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor just has to spam some lightning and they die, it's that simple.

#84 Posted by CosmosTyrant (492 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor need to actually hit them to win. This guys fight and move super speeds and Strength above 100ton's to go alone with it , And use attack like Cero. Starrk can shoot more the 100 Cero's strong enough to destroy a few blocks in seconds. Then you have Baraggan, the can even decay magic barriers made out of pure energy and again, The speed/strength to hag with Thor and Hulk.

I'm going with Espada's.

#85 Edited by theONEtaichou (1554 posts) - - Show Bio

@jgames said:

@theonetaichou:

@kagetaicho said:

Espada: Starrk, Baraggan, and Harribel

Avengers:Thor, Hulk, Ironman, Antman, Wasp + Captain America, Vision, and Quicksilver.

They are in a large city (above it in the espada's case) and All marvel characters are their classic selves (to avoid confusion) Neither team has any prep and the espada dont have immediate access to their fraccion. I know some of the avengers are outclassed but With thor there they have a good chance. Who do you think wins?

Thor throw hammer at light speed, even with Barragan ability to slow down time, he won't have time to dodge it, and without his fraccion, the hammer won't rot away, and with the weight of Thor hammer, and speed, it would be many times stronger Soi-fon bankai missile, and not to mention faster. And Barragan couldn't rot away the explosion, so god blast or thunder storm or any energy projectile could still hit him

I know the OP rules mate, still the Avengers lose. If Barragan slows down time why wouldn't he be able to avoid it, let alone stop it? Because it's Thor's hammer?? come on now mate...

You are also mistaken, Barragan's fraccion has nothing to do with his power, the only espada whose true power and abilities need a fraccion is Starrk (and that's because of the power split). Barragan and Harribel require no such thing...

Also Barragan rotted parts of the explosion and tanked the remainder. The second one Hachi made barriers to re-inforce the second explosion and concentrate it all on Barragan and in a major PIS moment Barragan let it hit him, got damaged and pissed off and attacked Hachi even with greater concentration of respira. Hachi had to use his mask, which infuriated Barragan even more at Hachi's fake hollow powers against him, and he concentrated his respira even more and would have stomped Hachi if it weren't for the kido. Why Barragan couldn't sonido out of the way, respira everyone instead of playing until he got pissed, do a bala, grand rey cero, cero oscurus etc is beyond me... nope just stand there and take it. That is nice in a manga but unfortunately this is a battle forum fight... apart from CIS, WIS and PIS are off. I don't see why he cannot speed blitz as he did to Soi-fon, even when released. Also a godblast (classic age) is not instant, it takes too much time here against the speeds of the espadas. Or is the case they will not move until Thor does his godblast, or others do some energy attacks?

Yep a thunderstorm should defeat them all, right?

good day mate

#86 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

mate you mistake what this argument is about. It is based on the fact that whatever limits that exist Thor falls within said limits, because he is susceptible to the process naturally and thus the respira process should just as well affect him...

It is entirely centered around a perception of Barragan where his ability has no limits - as in it's applicable to any character that is effected by aging. Ignoring that the ability has only seen action of perishable building materials, hollows and drastically short-lived shinigami of the Bleach Universe. In a nutshell: No-Limits-Fallacy.

The issue here however is Thor is nothing like the characters that have been affected by said ability. They will live a fraction of the time he will, his corpse will take centuries to decay and he's already been exposed to an attack based around aging him into oblivion with no effect. The argument you propose could be applicable to the embodiment of the Marvel universe Eternity - where Barragan's ability could kill an abstract because it ages and will cease after a certain amount of time.

...no mate it is based off what happened... your argument seems to be based on nothing... no one denies that Thor is older (though could you tell us his real age) but the respira never correlated to age just concentration. Also Thor being a "god" means nothing, it's not like he won't be affected by any of their attacks once they see his god-title.

It's based on how radically different building materials and shinigami are to Thor. The guy has a physical body that transcends what is perceptible and allows him to hop through dimensions (in this case pocket universes) and it will take millions of years before he can even conceivably die - if ever at all - from age.

He's old enough to be depicted in his classic out-fit on Egyptian pyramids and will in the future after inheriting his father's power will not only posses it for longer - but it will at the very least be dubbed Thorforce for ten thousand years alone. It means a lot to a character that accounts his ability to not be affected by Tempus' attack because he is an immortal.

Also as explained here on this very thread Asgardians do age, and they do not live indefinitely hence the reason they consume the golden apples of Idunn iirc to prolong their lives... a far cry from "live indefinitely without issues in regards to aging" which is sufficient to make a case that the respira will rot him. As for your pic, in the very same breath Thor says he is immortal, which is a lie as he is not! So I guess that means...

As far as I recall the only Asgardian to die from old age was Bor and that was one of his alternates in the ragnarok-cycle. And Thor is part elder god - his mother being at least 14 billion years old if Gorr is at all to be trusted. I have yet to see Thor actually eat a golden apple - ever frankly. Volstagg in Thor:God of Thunder #6 spent centuries without food of any kind an all he lost was weight - he wasn't any older.

If you have a correlation between age and the rotting speed of the respira mate... please give it to us. There is a reason your argument doesn't work, it is because there is no foundation for it. Nothing about age and rotting speed. But we are to assume Thor will not get rotted away because he potentially will live for many millenia (so do Shinigamis unless death in combat) or that he is older. Thor and the other gods taking long to age or to rot has nothing on the respira, do you get that mate. They will eventually rot, which means they will fall under the respira. Again there is no basis for their age vs respira. Just assumptions mate...

Hilarious - show me it having any effect on an actual divine being or one that lives past a couple thousand years without any noticeable changes in age. Given the drastic shift in age of Old Yamamoto in the period of a thousand or so years - no Shinigami do not live anywhere close to as long as Thor will. And again no-name gods take centuries to even rot in God of Thunder - so unless you can show me how well a shinigami's body holds up post death to even a ten years it's again a major stretch to put this ability as having anywhere close to the same effect on Thor when it rots away things that can only exist for an infinitesimal amount of Thor's longevity - even post mortem.

If the basis is that a being fundamentally different from soul reapers cannot be affected by their attacks (without basis again mate, considering the respira rotted buildings (not a shinigami), rotted kido (not a shinigami as well), rotted the very espada (again not a shinigami) using it) then the opposite can be made... since it took Soul Reapers with powers that were effective against the 3 espada then the Avengers cannot do anything to them. No godblast will harm them, in fact low-level hollows would tank the best of all the Avengers. So what dare I say is the point of this here be battle? Now who is making a fallacy...

The buildings it rotted only half a shelf-life of at best a hundred years - which again is insignigicant to even an average shinigami. You're trying to argue a Godblast - something that can even stop Ego (living planet) in his tracks for a moment won't affect low-level hollows? Insanity.

Ego > Every character in bleach. Just-saying - at least until the most powerful characters in bleach do something on a planetary scale rather than cut the tops off mountains.

So any idea where low-level hollows tank god-blasts sounds unrealistic at best.

Mate, again people should learn where to apply the no-limit fallacy. Friend no one made it here, at best you can infer it but inference is still logically allowed and not fallacious per se. Worse is that actual premises exist for this particular case i.e. Thor aging therefore being rotted by the respira. If the case was that the respira will rot everyone no matter what/who that can be fallacious... after all non-aging/non-rottable sic beings/things would be immune to said such cases. It is not the case here. Also Eternity if susceptible without a counter to age rot like the respira (as such for example as tp) then Eternity should be affected unless they have a counter for it (as such Xavier should affect Eternity with tp unless Eternity has a counter for it). Simply stating Eternity is an abstract ergo he will not be affected is fallacious, just as stating Thor is divine somehow means something. As for age, again Idunn.

Again I ask you to show a correlation between rotting speed and age, because this is your entire case. Forget everything else, just give us your premises and summations so we can go 'gee, he is right' not just assumptions mate...

good day

Xavier couldn't even affect Galactus while inside his head and Galactus even saved his life by jetting his astral plane self back into Xavier's meat-suit. But hey if you think respira can own Eternity and not something like Duncan McCloud of the Clan McCloud more power to you.

You are also mistaken, Barragan's fraccion has nothing to do with his power, the only espada whose true power and abilities need a fraccion is Starrk (and that's because of the power split). Barragan and Harribel require no such thing...

Also Barragan rotted parts of the explosion and tanked the remainder. The second one Hachi made barriers to re-inforce the second explosion and concentrate it all on Barragan and in a major PIS moment Barragan let it hit him, got damaged and pissed off and attacked Hachi even with greater concentration of respira. Hachi had to use his mask, which infuriated Barragan even more at Hachi's fake hollow powers against him, and he concentrated his respira even more and would have stomped Hachi if it weren't for the kido. Why Barragan couldn't sonido out of the way, respira everyone instead of playing until he got pissed, do a bala, grand rey cero, cero oscurus etc is beyond me... nope just stand there and take it. That is nice in a manga but unfortunately this is a battle forum fight... apart from CIS, WIS and PIS are off. I don't see why he cannot speed blitz as he did to Soi-fon, even when released. Also a godblast (classic age) is not instant, it takes too much time here against the speeds of the espadas. Or is the case they will not move until Thor does his godblast, or others do some energy attacks?

Yep a thunderstorm should defeat them all, right?

good day mate

Because his ability to affect time - (Clearly elaborating on how his powers work) has it's limits. If Thor is tossing his hammer at it's fastest speed - time dilation won't do much.

#87 Edited by alcoholbob (1192 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I love Bleach, Thor solos. It's explained many times battle between Shinigami is a battle of spiritual power, like how Aizen ignored Soi Fong's 2-hit assassination blow, and also in the novel it was stated unpatched Kenpachi's at full potential his spiritual power would blow away Barragan's respira.

Thor is a true god, that means his spiritual power is immense. Hence respira would not do crap to him. However, it probably would kill everyone else on the Avengers save for Hulk who could probably outregenerate its damage.

#88 Edited by theONEtaichou (1554 posts) - - Show Bio

@theonetaichou said:

It is entirely centered around a perception of Barragan where his ability has no limits - as in it's applicable to any character that is effected by aging. Ignoring that the ability has only seen action of perishable building materials, hollows and drastically short-lived shinigami of the Bleach Universe. In a nutshell: No-Limits-Fallacy.

The issue here however is Thor is nothing like the characters that have been affected by said ability. They will live a fraction of the time he will, his corpse will take centuries to decay and he's already been exposed to an attack based around aging him into oblivion with no effect. The argument you propose could be applicable to the embodiment of the Marvel universe Eternity - where Barragan's ability could kill an abstract because it ages and will cease after a certain amount of time.

again mate... no one said Barragan's abilility has no limits, just that Thor falls within said shown limits. Also any charactor that CAN be affected by aging would fall under the limit UNLESS they can circumvent the aging process (i.e be truely immortal, use say time powers to render aging moot etc). Hence I made an analogy with tp and Xavier (which I shall now further explain later on).

The issue is not how long Thor can live naturally (considering Asgardians have to eat the apples of Idunn to prolong their lives... come on mate) but whether he is (1) can be affected by the process naturally and thus the sped up process i.e. respira and whether (2) can he counter said such process in battle. His natural life cycle is moot considering he is going to die in Ragnarok ANYWAY. Eternity CAN CIRCUMVENT the attack thus rendering it moot... Thor cannot hence trying to extrapolate the ability to Eternity and make equal conclusions to Thor is false. Attacking a being =/= defeating a being. Barragan can attack LT, Eternity, Xavier, a newborn baby, Thor but that doesn't mean because he attacked them he wins against them. Ergo not a 'no limit fallacy'.

@theonetaichou said:

It's based on how radically different building materials and shinigami are to Thor. The guy has a physical body that transcends what is perceptible and allows him to hop through dimensions (in this case pocket universes) and it will take millions of years before he can even conceivably die - if ever at all - from age.

He's old enough to be depicted in his classic out-fit on Egyptian pyramids and will in the future after inheriting his father's power will not only posses it for longer - but it will at the very least be dubbed Thorforce for ten thousand years alone. It means a lot to a character that accounts his ability to not be affected by Tempus' attack because he is an immortal.

really mate? really? that is your argument... Espada hop pocket dimensions as well, you do know the Seireitei and Hueco Mundo do not exist in our dimension (garganta, senkaimon, negacion). Not forgetting that being different works the other way as well, Thor has no reiatsu to speak of so any espada would simply crush him just by raising their spiritual pressure. And so what if Thor is different, can you show he won't be affected by the respira? Is there an age correlation we all missed that you know?

As for age again the apples of Idunn mate... why do you ignore this? Asgardians prolong their lives due to consuming the fruits, so how would Thor look like if he didn't? Also Thor is not an immortal mate, the fact that you would use that as an argument speaks volumes.... again I ask you to show us the correlation between age and respira rot speed? anything mate...

@theonetaichou said:

As far as I recall the only Asgardian to die from old age was Bor and that was one of his alternates in the ragnarok-cycle. And Thor is part elder god - his mother being at least 14 billion years old if Gorr is at all to be trusted. I have yet to see Thor actually eat a golden apple - ever frankly. Volstagg in Thor:God of Thunder #6 spent centuries without food of any kind an all he lost was weight - he wasn't any older.

No one is talking about Asgardians dying from old age mate, just that they age. And unless Thor's lineage is going to help him here it is also meaningless. Really mate? Because he has never been shown literally eating the apples = he never does? Well I have yet to Odin consummate with Gaia, guess that never happened and therefore Thor doesn't exist. After all if an entire comic (Thor vol1 325) goes on about the apples of Idunn which provides all Asgardians their youth and long life cannot convince you that they consume them to live longer unless you literally see it happen so be it, reason be damned mate.

Hilarious - show me it having any effect on an actual divine being or one that lives past a couple thousand years without any noticeable changes in age. Given the drastic shift in age of Old Yamamoto in the period of a thousand or so years - no Shinigami do not live anywhere close to as long as Thor will. And again no-name gods take centuries to even rot in God of Thunder - so unless you can show me how well a shinigami's body holds up post death to even a ten years it's again a major stretch to put this ability as having anywhere close to the same effect on Thor when it rots away things that can only exist for an infinitesimal amount of Thor's longevity - even post mortem.

you are right, it is hilarious mate, that you would state that Thor cannot be affected by the respira because he is older and can live longer then they (Bleach characters and surroundings) but when asked for proof of your position you turn and say we must now show the respira working on someone who is an "actual divine being". Wow. This is trending towards a certain 'ism' mate. It is scary. But then you assume you are still right with no basis. That is an actually fallacy: circular reasoning. You are stating that Thor is immune to the repira because he is old, then you spend half your subsequent saying Thor is old and therefore cannot be affected by the respira. You assume true what you have yet to prove. Hence we are asking for proof, premises, logic and reason etc rather than vainglorious adulations of Thor.

also how do you know the respira ONLY ROTS AWAY THINGS THAT CAN ONLY EXIST FOR INFINITESIMAL AMOUNT OF THOR'S LONGEVITY?? ... begging the question there mate.

The buildings it rotted only half a shelf-life of at best a hundred years - which again is insignigicant to even an average shinigami. You're trying to argue a Godblast - something that can even stop Ego (living planet) in his tracks for a moment won't affect low-level hollows? Insanity.

Ego > Every character in bleach. Just-saying - at least until the most powerful characters in bleach do something on a planetary scale rather than cut the tops off mountains.

So any idea where low-level hollows tank god-blasts sounds unrealistic at best.

*sigh* mate... you made the point that "a being so fundamentally different than soul-reapers will be affected by an ability that has only shown to be effective against them" and I was showing you the fallacy of said such statement. It might have gone over your head mate. Basically if specific being is the ONLY means to win i.e. espadas and hollows have always been defeated by shinigamis then the opposite must stand true then in your argument... that since ONLY shinigamis have defeated espadas and hollows then even a godblast from Thor should do nothing, hell let us take this fallacy to its limits... unless the LT can also show shinigami powers even he cannot stop a hollow!

But here is the best of this argument: I make a point about things that are fundamentally different from each other i.e shinigami vs buildings vs kido magic vs espada and you counter with age! Who said anything about age in this specific rebuttal. In fact how does age correlate to this specific counter.

And yes I do state that a low level hollow will tank a godblast that has stopped even Ego the living planet if you believe that "here consists that a being so fundamentally different than soul-reapers will be affected by an ability that has only shown to be effective against them". Simple really.

As for Ego > greater than any Bleach character... really? So when has Ego created a magic wish creating ball (Hogyoku)? Able to transcend his limitation i.e. be more than a living planet say maybe become an abstract? But you probably meant 'pow-pow things go boom boom' kinda scenario right? Because if you cannot destroy a planet you can't do jack... I am sorry mate but that type of reasoning is the definition of insanity!

Again I ask for your proof(s), premises, logic and scans sans fallacy that Thor will be immune to the respira, that the respira rotting speed has a correlation to age as is the case you have made for Thor.

good day

Xavier couldn't even affect Galactus while inside his head and Galactus even saved his life by jetting his astral plane self back into Xavier's meat-suit. But hey if you think respira can own Eternity and not something like Duncan McCloud of the Clan McCloud more power to you.

mate, friend... you know what an analogy is? Again because you missed the analogy and went to a literal example let me further explain it to you. Any being can be attacked. Any being can be attacked by whatever attack. But just because a being is attacked by such any attack =/= being will lose, attack can do damage to attackee, attacker can challenge attackee etc etc. See Captain America standing up to Thanos during the IG/HOTU iirc

Eternity can be attacked by Barragan's respira. Eternity will not lose because Eternity CAN CIRCUMVENT the attack and thus render it moot. Galuctus can be attcked by tp =/= Galuctus will therefore lose when he can render tp ineffective against himself and make the tp attack moot.

Now here is where it is interesting: Barragan attacks Thor and Eternity: Eternity circumvents Barragan's respira, destroys it, recovers the damage even if it does rot him, stops time (like Hachi of all people), stops the respira, goes back in time and kills Barrragan as a hollow etc... Thor will do what? Scream he is old? Therein lies the rub as they say...

Because his ability to affect time - (Clearly elaborating on how his powers work) has it's limits. If Thor is tossing his hammer at it's fastest speed - time dilation won't do much.

Really and how do you know? you just state things without proof as true? This is illogical mate

good day

#89 Posted by theONEtaichou (1554 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I love Bleach, Thor solos. It's explained many times battle between Shinigami is a battle of spiritual power, like how Aizen ignored Soi Fong's 2-hit assassination blow, and also in the novel it was stated unpatched Kenpachi's at full potential his spiritual power would blow away Barragan's respira.

Thor is a true god, that means his spiritual power is immense. Hence respira would not do crap to him. However, it probably would kill everyone else on the Avengers save for Hulk who could probably outregenerate its damage.

any proof of this? after all immense spiritual power has nothing to do with divinity.

good day

#90 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

The issue is not how long Thor can live naturally (considering Asgardians have to eat the apples of Idunn to prolong their lives... come on mate) but whether he is (1) can be affected by the process naturally and thus the sped up process i.e. respira and whether (2) can he counter said such process in battle. His natural life cycle is moot considering he is going to die in Ragnarok ANYWAY. Eternity CAN CIRCUMVENT the attack thus rendering it moot... Thor cannot hence trying to extrapolate the ability to Eternity and make equal conclusions to Thor is false. Attacking a being =/= defeating a being. Barragan can attack LT, Eternity, Xavier, a newborn baby, Thor but that doesn't mean because he attacked them he wins against them. Ergo not a 'no limit fallacy'.

You're argument thus far is Thor can age and therefore will be susceptible to said ability. Completely ignoring how fundamentally different in every form the beings or objects that were shown to be affected by Barragan's ability are to Thor. And when you're trying to say that the embodiment of the Multiverse itself is susceptible to Barragan's ability or needs to 'circumvent' it in some fashion - that is No-Limits-Fallacy. Eternity falls under the same criteria Thor does - and if you honestly believe it can effect Eternity than this discuss is entirely pointless.

Ragnarok came and went - Thor already survived it. And Thor's died a number of times - none of it from old age and it's been a reset button for the character.

You keep trying to bring the apples of Idunn into this argument ignoring a few pertaining details. Thor himself isn't a run of the mill Asgardian - he's the product of the All-Father and the Elder God Gaea. The latter doesn't experience any form of aging and Odin himself pre-dates those apples to begin with - clearly not bothering to consume them himself.

really mate? really? that is your argument... Espada hop pocket dimensions as well, you do know the Seireitei and Hueco Mundo do not exist in our dimension (garganta, senkaimon, negacion). Not forgetting that being different works the other way as well, Thor has no reiatsu to speak of so any espada would simply crush him just by raising their spiritual pressure. And so what if Thor is different, can you show he won't be affected by the respira? Is there an age correlation we all missed that you know?

As for age again the apples of Idunn mate... why do you ignore this? Asgardians prolong their lives due to consuming the fruits, so how would Thor look like if he didn't? Also Thor is not an immortal mate, the fact that you would use that as an argument speaks volumes.... again I ask you to show us the correlation between age and respira rot speed? anything mate...

A few things to point out. One the 'dimensions' in bleach consist of either a desert, a city / neighboring towns and some floating plateaus in the Spirit King's Palace. The ones I'm referring to are actual universes - in a jar - that if you destroy them will expand / destroy the universe:

Second, any transportation in Bleach is done by gateways / portals. Aizen & Friends arrived using said portals:

<- - - this direction

And finally this is significantly more different than how Thor operates as a being that "not bound by the merely perceptible" and "transcends dimensions":

He's quite literally able to do what he does because he is a divine being that is beyond reality.

Ichigo traded his reiatsu / spiritual pressure to enhance his physical stats in his Final-Getsuga-Tenshou form. Aizen didn't instantly crush him and Thor is insanely more durable than most of the Bleach cast as a character that can lift in some cases trillions of more tons and sit within the cores of stars without so much as blinking.

The only thing Respira is shown to work on are things with a shelf life of hundred or three thousands of years at best. And what's laughable enough is said attack doesn't even affect Soifon's bone - so there is a clear limitation to how potent the ability is - how long soul-reaper bones will exist. Feel better now? Whether it's because soul reapers have uber durable bones or that bones simply last longer than construction materials and flesh - there you go. If you can describe how it works - as in what kind of attack it is - instead of me assuming it's funky time manipulation like Barragan's other abilities - which Thor's already revealed himself immune to - this debate is over.

Thor has spent most of this time bound to a human vessel - and as I mentioned before I can't recall he eating an apple once in his career and he's part Elder God - as well as Odin's son - a character that predates those apples. All factor into the quality of the god. And one more again - Volstagg hadn't eaten for hundreds of years and didn't age in appearance as far as I can tell - the apples themselves were stolen from Asgard in Prince of Power - without any gods dying left and right from old age.

The only thing Thor is shown consuming on panel is alcohol. Outside that nothing - bringing the question of whether or not he even eats those apples is speculation at best and Thor himself isn't another run of the mill Asgardian but the product of an Elder God and the All-Father - one of those beings remains ageless and the other as far as I understand it predates those apples to begin with.

Except Thor exists and that is evidence enough Odin slept with someone to give birth with him - when Gaea confirms it a dozen times or when Thor uses that lineage to channel the Earth / shape it - it's tough to argue otherwise. The issue is you're trying to associate all asgardians with Thor - which is a poor comparison and ignoring Volstagg and Asgardian spends hundreds of years as slave labor without any food and all that resulted was him losing weight (and muscle). That's about it.

You can pretend that Thor is chucking apples left and right - outside Donald Blake and Cho - none of the actual gods have eaten those apples. If anything the effect of those apples would negate Barragan's powers to begin with anyways.

you are right, it is hilarious mate, that you would state that Thor cannot be affected by the respira because he is older and can live longer then they (Bleach characters and surroundings) but when asked for proof of your position you turn and say we must now show the respira working on someone who is an "actual divine being". Wow. This is trending towards a certain 'ism' mate. It is scary. But then you assume you are still right with no basis. That is an actually fallacy: circular reasoning. You are stating that Thor is immune to the repira because he is old, then you spend half your subsequent saying Thor is old and therefore cannot be affected by the respira. You assume true what you have yet to prove. Hence we are asking for proof, premises, logic and reason etc rather than vainglorious adulations of Thor.

also how do you know the respira ONLY ROTS AWAY THINGS THAT CAN ONLY EXIST FOR INFINITESIMAL AMOUNT OF THOR'S LONGEVITY?? ... begging the question there mate.

Well here's the thing - you have no evidence for your claims and can't even can't provide evidence that respira would even work on Thor or any being of the same divine status / longevity. The question you keep raising is for me to prove the opposite - which at the very least I've provided reasons for how these characters (or in this case building materials) are different and I've even gone as far to show you an example where an attack meant to age-thor to death (as in an attack related to aging) and him being completely immune. You'r response was to say 'omg Thor lied he's not immortal' - despite a half a dozen or so deaths that help illustrate he more or less is.

I would say he's immune because he in all likelihood is; we've got a scan showing him doing just that and you would say the opposite despite a plethora of differences between what has shown affected by respira and Thor. You can call my reasoning circular - but there is at least reason being applied - rather than blind speculation based off nothing or the vagueness of the ability itself. It's all no limits fallacy and you're sticking to it because the Espada will die horribly otherwise.

How do I know? That's the only extent Respira has been shown to function. Thor even post death will take centuries to even begin decomposing - while in the afterlife sporting a brand new body. No matter how you slice it or deny it - this happened:

An attack designed around aging Thor to his demise - and Thor did not only not age and but was revealed completely immune to said attack. He then spends the rest of the battle battling through time storms and what have you. You're argument to the contrary was "this doesn't count because we don't know how Respira works - but omg respira will work on Thor because he ages!!!" Doesn't work on bone, Thor's already been exposed to temporal attacks and the best you can offer is shaking your head as a counter argument.

Game-set-match.

*sigh* mate... you made the point that "a being so fundamentally different than soul-reapers will be affected by an ability that has only shown to be effective against them" and I was showing you the fallacy of said such statement. It might have gone over your head mate. Basically if specific being is the ONLY means to win i.e. espadas and hollows have always been defeated by shinigamis then the opposite must stand true then in your argument... that since ONLY shinigamis have defeated espadas and hollows then even a godblast from Thor should do nothing, hell let us take this fallacy to its limits... unless the LT can also show shinigami powers even he cannot stop a hollow!

But here is the best of this argument: I make a point about things that are fundamentally different from each other i.e shinigami vs buildings vs kido magic vs espada and you counter with age! Who said anything about age in this specific rebuttal. In fact how does age correlate to this specific counter.

And yes I do state that a low level hollow will tank a godblast that has stopped even Ego the living planet if you believe that "here consists that a being so fundamentally different than soul-reapers will be affected by an ability that has only shown to be effective against them". Simple really.

As for Ego > greater than any Bleach character... really? So when has Ego created a magic wish creating ball (Hogyoku)? Able to transcend his limitation i.e. be more than a living planet say maybe become an abstract? But you probably meant 'pow-pow things go boom boom' kinda scenario right? Because if you cannot destroy a planet you can't do jack... I am sorry mate but that type of reasoning is the definition of insanity!

Again I ask for your proof(s), premises, logic and scans sans fallacy that Thor will be immune to the respira, that the respira rotting speed has a correlation to age as is the case you have made for Thor.

You posted a lot in response to two sentences - most of it looking to be more reiteration of the same. I've gone into detail why I've said what I've said prior to that single sentence; for the sake of not repeating those differences I simply wrote they are different. Your response was seemingly to cast the God-Blast - an attack that has at least some level of scale already applied as being capable of hurting being as large as a planet or abstract beings - and comparing it to the attack that disolves the flesh of shinigami and buildings - one you keep pointing out how 'we don't know how it works! Therefore it works on everything!'

Most of this portion of your post is just a chicken running in circles without it's head.

The Hogyoku couldn't even allow Aizen to surpass Ichigo in power or survive Kisuke's prep. Don't bother hyping it up; Ego has no interest in being an abstract being and is already an incredibly powerful being created by the Stranger.

Show me it working on something remotely similar to Thor. Doesn't work on Bone and Thor's already been show immune to attacks designed around attacking a character through aging them - without issue. Which again your best argument to the contrary 'doesn't count'.

good day

mate, friend... you know what an analogy is? Again because you missed the analogy and went to a literal example let me further explain it to you. Any being can be attacked. Any being can be attacked by whatever attack. But just because a being is attacked by such any attack =/= being will lose, attack can do damage to attackee, attacker can challenge attackee etc etc. See Captain America standing up to Thanos during the IG/HOTU iirc

Eternity can be attacked by Barragan's respira. Eternity will not lose because Eternity CAN CIRCUMVENT the attack and thus render it moot. Galuctus can be attcked by tp =/= Galuctus will therefore lose when he can render tp ineffective against himself and make the tp attack moot.

Now here is where it is interesting: Barragan attacks Thor and Eternity: Eternity circumvents Barragan's respira, destroys it, recovers the damage even if it does rot him, stops time (like Hachi of all people), stops the respira, goes back in time and kills Barrragan as a hollow etc... Thor will do what? Scream he is old? Therein lies the rub as they say...

Really and how do you know? you just state things without proof as true? This is illogical mate

good day

Yes it's an analogy to start talking about how Xavier can own abstracts via telepathy without proof to the contrary. Except when you've got a assortment of settings where the infinity gems can't even be registered by abstracts at time or Xavier having nothing in his tool-box to even effect Galactus. Cap didn't stand up to Thanos - who quite literally slapped him out cold when he was done playing around.

Circumvent implies it will work on Eternity - which again is the reason why it's impossible to take you seriously when you view Barragan's ability as limitless when it's working on an assortment of lesser beings. It is laughable at best.

Do you know how time dilation works? Because if you're already throwing something at faster than light speeds - it's not going to slow it down by much (and by much - I mean not at all.) Unless the ability is "everything suddenly slows down to the same speed - regardless of how much faster x object goes than y - it's not worth arguing further.