User Lists: 0

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By renamed040924

What is Wolfman, an 8 tonner? Chopper's most powerful attack could break through a CP9 member's Iron Body technique, and God forbid Wolfman forces him to go monster form.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

What is Wolfman, an 8 tonner? Chopper's most powerful attack could break through a CP9 member's Iron Body technique, and God forbid Wolfman forces him to go monster form.

He has around 20-ton strength.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:

Oh.

Well Chopper ripped the mast off the Going Merry at an odd angle while injured, and like I mentioned before, his best attack busted through Iron Body (if I'm remembering right). He doesn't seem very competent, but in terms of battles he has actually beaten some extremely powerful characters all on his own, including one of Enel's priests. If Wolfman is just a beast, Chopper can potentially outsmart him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

@nickzambuto said:

Oh.

Well Chopper ripped the mast off the Going Merry at an odd angle while injured, and like I mentioned before, his best attack busted through Iron Body (if I'm remembering right). He doesn't seem very competent, but in terms of battles he has actually beaten some extremely powerful characters all on his own, including one of Enel's priests. If Wolfman is just a beast, Chopper can potentially outsmart him.

Wolfman isn't the smartest guy, but he is by no means dumb. He's been able to tank hits from Invincible before, and easily destroy Reanimen, who early Invincible had tons of trouble with. Wolf-Man also has an extremely powerful healing factor.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:

@nickzambuto said:

Oh.

Wolfman isn't the smartest guy, but he is by no means dumb. He's been able to tank hits from Invincible before, and easily destroy Reanimen, who early Invincible had tons of trouble with. Wolf-Man also has an extremely powerful healing factor.

Sounds powerful. But Chopper can probably oneshot Wolfman if he uses a rumble ball to find his weak point, like he did whatshisface on Drum Island.

I dunno, I'm not really very motivated to defend Chopper to be honest =P

@Mr_Ingenuity What do you think?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:

@nickzambuto said:

Oh.

Sounds powerful. But Chopper can probably oneshot Wolfman if he uses a rumble ball to find his weak point, like he did whatshisface on Drum Island.

I dunno, I'm not really very motivated to defend Chopper to be honest =P

@Mr_Ingenuity What do you think?

I honestly don't know what Tony can do, so I'm just providing you with what Wolf-Man can do :)

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What the flying blue monkey's a$$ is this Tony Tony?

Wolf Man wins on principle.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What the flying blue monkey's a$$ is this Tony Tony?

His entire character and moral is built around saying this kind of thing.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@nickzambuto: Well chopper has less of a chance Pre time skip considering his three minute limit. But If he goes straight for Arm Point while he's in close I can see him doing some damage. It was enough to hurt Kumadori & with the assistance of sanji stagger Oars Jr.

Other than Arm Point the only chance chopper has is Monster point. He becomes big & slow but he is stronger & more durable.

Can't say it's in Pre Time skip Chopper's favor besides the monster trio only Brook was the only Pre time skip member worth fighting.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post TS chopper has a lot more feats to debate with.

Only thing I keep remembering about chopper is cotton candy :)

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It ends with a nicely placed sakura hooveprint on wolfman's throat

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pokergeist

Yeah... Wolf Man still wins.

Invincible hits >>> to any wussy ... whatever Manga this guy is from.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto:

Can't say it's in Pre Time skip Chopper's favor besides the monster trio only Brook was the only Pre time skip member worth fighting.

What about Franky? He was a lot more competent in terms of battles IMO what with beating up on Luffy, defeating a CP9 member all by himself, not to mention rescuing Robin, and against Oars, he was much more useful than Brook was. And Robin had her uses at certain points too, what with soloing the entire crew during her introduction.

I see the Strawhats as divided into three tiers of three fighters each. The Monster Trio, Luffy Zoro and Sanji, then the mid trio, Franky Brook and Robin, and finally the weakling trio, Usopp Nami and Chopper (IIRC, Usopp actually coined the term once they met up after the timeskip, claiming he was no longer part of "the weakling trio" or something to that effect).

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@nickzambuto: Nah Franky is slow an a brawler, has limited fuel, & depends on bullets an air cannons. Post time skip Franky is above Brook thought but Brook is still above chopper.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Nah Franky is slow an a brawler, has limited fuel, & depends on bullets an air cannons. Post time skip Franky is above Brook thought but Brook is still above chopper.

He had a great arsenal and was probably the strongest member of the entire crew, physically (Luffy could only strike harder than him with Gears). Maybe on paper Brook's speed and skill would be superior, but in terms of usefulness, Franky has definitely done a lot more than Brook.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@nickzambuto: Luffy, Zoro beats him in arm strength & Sanji beast him in leg strength. Plus Luffy Zoro & Sanji can all break steel with there strikes (fist, swords & legs). Yes Franky has Brook in usefulness but pre-time skip brook has better showings than Fanrky IMO.

Also since comicvine is on the fritz have you seen this thread.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Luffy, Zoro beats him in arm strength & Sanji beast him in leg strength. Plus Luffy Zoro & Sanji can all break steel with there strikes (fist, swords & legs). Yes Franky has Brook in usefulness but pre-time skip brook has better showings than Fanrky IMO.

Also since comicvine is on the fritz have you seen this thread.

Absolutely false. Luffy couldn't beat Blueno without Gears and only managed to damage him minimally; Sanji couldn't damage him at all, even with his number 1 most powerful attack. Meanwhile Franky was beating the crap out of Fukuro with no cola and oneshotted him after recharging, and on Water 7, effortlessly overpowered Blueno without even meaning to.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luffy Zoro & Sanji can all break steel with there strikes (fist, swords & legs).

Question. I've heard this exact claim multiple times, and while I do not doubt that they could break steel through raw strength, do any of them have actual feats of that? All I recall is Zoro cutting steel.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@nickzambuto said:

Absolutely false. Luffy couldn't beat Blueno without Gears and only managed to damage him minimally; Sanji couldn't damage him at all, even with his number 1 most powerful attack. Meanwhile Franky was beating the crap out of Fukuro with no cola and oneshotted him after recharging, and on Water 7, effortlessly overpowered Blueno without even meaning to.

I'm not talking exclusively to water 7. Also CP9 Tekkai in some cases has been shown to be stronger than steel. With Fukuro's being the weakest as stated by Rob Lucci. Diable Jambe, shishi sonson, & various strikes(barring gear 2nd) from Luffy out class Franky in damage out put.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mr_ingenuity said:

Luffy Zoro & Sanji can all break steel with there strikes (fist, swords & legs).

Question. I've heard this exact claim multiple times, and while I do not doubt that they could break steel through raw strength, do any of them have actual feats of that? All I recall is Zoro cutting steel.

Post time skip Luffy didn't even break though reinforce Iron with Armament.

Loading Video...

soooo...take that as you will.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By renamed040924

@mr_ingenuity said:

@nickzambuto said:

I'm not talking exclusively to water 7. Also CP9 Tekkai in some cases has been shown to be stronger than steel. With Fukuro's being the weakest as stated by Rob Lucci. Dial Jumble, shishi sonson, & various strikes(barring gear 2nd) from Luffy out class Franky in damage out put.

Lucci didn't state Fukuro's tekkai was the weakest, just that it was weaker than his. I totally agree with you that Luffy at his best, as in using Gears, is way stronger than Franky, and Diable Jamble is arguable, but in raw strength with no enhancing techniques, Franky is definitely the strongest crew member besides Mansopp.

EDIT: Not saying Franky can beat any of the Monster Trio, Luffy probably DOES have superior damage output even without gears considering the snapback of most of his moves, but in raw strength IMO Oda implied pretty heavily during Ennies Lobby that Franky was the best.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: i just rewatched cp9 in dub, and lucci did say fukuros was the weakest, idr what the manga says though

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: one piece... chopper is from one piece

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooldes said:

@nickzambuto: i just rewatched cp9 in dub, and lucci did say fukuros was the weakest, idr what the manga says though

Loading Video...

Nope, no mention of Fukuro's being the weakest. Just that Lucci's was stronger.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

OK I'll do my best to answer your question.

Lets start at East Blue.

Assuming that this fan sub is incorrect then at east blue Luffy is taking multiple shots to break through Don Krieg's Armor that is weaker than steel.

But by no means is it weak taking a cannon ball without a scratch.

Luffy proceeds to break this armor with a Gatling gun however man punches, one pistol, & two bazookas.

Now jump to Arlong Park. Along is catching & biting through cannon ball with his teeth.

But Luffy breaks Arlong's teeth with no effort.

At this point Iron busting should mean nothing. But lets keep going.

Arlong pulls out his sword that's ripping through Arlong park with ease. Assuming it's also not steel the next thing down would be iron.

Here is Luffy breaking Arlong's sword with his grip.

Luffy is no doubt Iron busting pre grand line. So if we even assume everything beyond this point is iron then how is he not breaking it with pure strength.

Considering Luffy is a multi storey building buster.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_ingenuity: Awesome, I forgot about all those Pre-Grand Line feats.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mr_ingenuity  Moderator
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mr_ingenuity  Moderator
mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@nickzambuto said:

Lucci didn't state Fukuro's tekkai was the weakest, just that it was weaker than his. I totally agree with you that Luffy at his best, as in using Gears, is way stronger than Franky, and Diable Jamble is arguable, but in raw strength with no enhancing techniques, Franky is definitely the strongest crew member besides Mansopp.

EDIT: Not saying Franky can beat any of the Monster Trio, Luffy probably DOES have superior damage output even without gears considering the snapback of most of his moves, but in raw strength IMO Oda implied pretty heavily during Ennies Lobby that Franky was the best.

Some how I ignored this post. But let me put this into terms that amuses me.

Here is Sanji Kicking a building like footballs each one is enough to stagger Oars. Franky has no feat that matches that. This is without Diable Jambe.

Franky wields his heavy nunchaku like toys but same can be said for Zoro. Zoro doesn't put down his swords because he has no reason to.

Oh you still think Franky is the strongest?

Franky has nothing to suggest he can push aside buildings.

Top left shown from a distance & higher ground.

No Caption Provided

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_ingenuity: The fact that Franky was kicking the crap out of Luffy during their fight implies he's a lot stronger. Sanji's feat against Oars is good, but like I've been over, we don't need to compare feats since they're in the same universe, and we can just compare how they've done against other characters.

Sanji - Fails to injure Blueno in the slightest with his most powerful kick

Franky - Broke Blueno's Iron Body at Water 7 without even meaning to just by squeezing his head.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@nickzambuto: There is strong then there is stronger. Big difference.

Franky fought Luffy beginning of the arc fine, good for him.

But by the end Luffy was on equal footing in striking power (not speed) with Rob Lucci.

Now compare that to Franky.

But it you want to ignore the story progression. That is also fine.