Random meeting in Time Square.

Nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Nitric

Luke Cage Beats Tombstone, Then Put's His Body In A Tanning Bed So He Doesn't Look So Freaky.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Cage....CURBSTOMP.

Holacik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Holacik
Vance Astro said:
"Cage....CURBSTOMP."

^^^^^^^ That is the correct answer.
Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Ace High

I wouldn't say it was a curb stomp as such. I mean Tombstone is fast enough and strong enough to catch up with/beat spidey. and his skin has been hardened to rock As far as I know Luke Cage doesn't have enchanced reflexes just super hard skin and strength. So I'd say Tombstone had a pretty good chance.

mkdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mkdeadpool

tombstone, purely do to the undertaker refrence his name entails

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Ace High said:
"I wouldn't say it was a curb stomp as such. I mean Tombstone is fast enough and strong enough to catch up with/beat spidey. and his skin has been hardened to rock As far as I know Luke Cage doesn't have enchanced reflexes just super hard skin and strength. So I'd say Tombstone had a pretty good chance.
"
Show me where he ever caught Spider-man? He's nowhere near Spider-man's speed and nowhere near Cage's durability or fighting skill.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8  Edited By The_Martian
Vance Astro said:
"Ace High said:
"I wouldn't say it was a curb stomp as such. I mean Tombstone is fast enough and strong enough to catch up with/beat spidey. and his skin has been hardened to rock As far as I know Luke Cage doesn't have enchanced reflexes just super hard skin and strength. So I'd say Tombstone had a pretty good chance.
"
Show me where he ever caught Spider-man? He's nowhere near Spider-man's speed and nowhere near Cage's durability or fighting skill.
"
I could probably find something but I won't beable to get it till later tonight.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Ace High said:
"
"
I could probably find something but I won't beable to get it till later tonight.
"

Do your best.I'm almost positive there can be nothing that shows me Tombstone can beat Cage.
Nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nitric
Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Ace High said:
"
"
"

Do your best.I'm almost positive there can be nothing that shows me Tombstone can beat Cage."

Agreed. =)
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Martian

Ok this is what I was able to find for now.

Here he is taking bullets like nothing. Doesn't even phase him.

Here he just took a rocket to the feet and fell severl floors through a building and is fine.

Ok he then blows up a gas main on himself that take out an entire building, but is still fine besides being a little dirty and having torn clothes.

Spider-Man hurts his hand when he hits Tombstone in the face, but Tombstone is unharmed.

After falling into the ground and making a hole in the ground when he lands. He gets up unharmed still and starts beating away at Spider-man, who was protected by Tombstone's body when they landed.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Nobody said:
"

Ok this is what I was able to find for now.

Here he is taking bullets like nothing. Doesn't even phase him.

Here he just took a rocket to the feet and fell severl floors through a building and is fine.

Ok he then blows up a gas main on himself that take out an entire building, but is still fine besides being a little dirty and having torn clothes.

Spider-Man hurts his hand when he hits Tombstone in the face, but Tombstone is unharmed.

After falling into the ground and making a hole in the ground when he lands. He gets up unharmed still and starts beating away at Spider-man, who was protected by Tombstone's body when they landed.

"

So besides Tombstone getting these hits off on Spider-Man which is absolutely ridiculous...what did he do that Cage can't or that will allow him to beat Cage?
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Martian

Why are they rediculous? And I was just showing him putting up resistance and power that rivals Luke Cage. I think they are fairly evenly matched.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Nobody said:
"Why are they rediculous? And I was just showing him putting up resistance and power that rivals Luke Cage. I think they are fairly evenly matched."

In order for you to hit Spider-Man like that,you not only have to match his speed but you have to beat his Spider-Sense...over and over.

I still don't see anything that shows Tombstone is Cage's level of strength or durability.falling from a building and gettinc back up is something that everyone wth superhuman durability can do.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Martian

Do they survive an explosion like that unharmed?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Nobody said:
"Do they survive an explosion like that unharmed?"

Yes.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Martian
Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:

Yes."
Since when? I sure don't think Spider-Man could have survived that, Luke Cage could have, but I doubt unharmed.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:

Yes."
Since when? I sure don't think Spider-Man could have survived that, Luke Cage could have, but I doubt unharmed.
"
Wait...when I said Superhuman durability I meant above Spider-Man,Iron Fist...people who are exceptionally durable.I mean like Wolverine,Ms.Marvel,The Thing,Wonder Man...ect.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Martian

Wolverine only comes out unharmed cause he heals. Ms. Marvel would probably be pretty injured, wonder man wouldn't be harmed.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_Martian
Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
"Wolverine only comes out unharmed cause he heals. Ms. Marvel would probably be pretty injured, wonder man wouldn't be harmed."

Ms.Marvel is more durable than Wonder Man."
Umm...no
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Nobody said:
"Wolverine only comes out unharmed cause he heals. Ms. Marvel would probably be pretty injured, wonder man wouldn't be harmed."

Do you know the intensity of that explosion.How do you know any of those 3 couldn't have ate that explosion as easily as Tombstone did? And how is it that Wonder Man wouldn't be harmed but Ms.Marvel would? When has her durbility been below his?
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_Martian
Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:

Do you know the intensity of that explosion.How do you know any of those 3 couldn't have ate that explosion as easily as Tombstone did? And how is it that Wonder Man wouldn't be harmed but Ms.Marvel would? When has her durbility been below his?"
1. Well it destroyed an entire building and he was crouched right on top of it.

2. Wonder Man is more durable. He has the strength and durability equals to Thor.

3. Ms. Marvel's has always been weaker than him when she is normal levels.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:

Do you know the intensity of that explosion.How do you know any of those 3 couldn't have ate that explosion as easily as Tombstone did? And how is it that Wonder Man wouldn't be harmed but Ms.Marvel would? When has her durbility been below his?"
1. Well it destroyed an entire building and he was crouched right on top of it.

2. Wonder Man is more durable. He has the strength and durability equals to Thor.

3. Ms. Marvel's has always been weaker than him when she is normal levels.
"

1.Still doesn't prove that it would have injured Cage in anyway.

2.Wonder Man has always been stronger than her...however,his strength being equal to Thor's is false.

3.Her physical strength has nothing to do with her durability.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The_Martian

1. Could cage come out of an explosion that destroys a building that large while sitting right on top of it? From what I've seen of him, he couldn't.

2. There's a comic my friend has where it brought this up. I don't have access to it though cause he move to southern cali. I think it was a West Coast Avengers or something.

3. No it doesn't, but Wonder Man's durability is up at Thor's level while Ms. Marvel just lets her take bullets. Not much above that.

Octagon Freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Octagon Freak
Nobody said:
"

1. Could cage come out of an explosion that destroys a building that large while sitting right on top of it? From what I've seen of him, he couldn't.

2. There's a comic my friend has where it brought this up. I don't have access to it though cause he move to southern cali. I think it was a West Coast Avengers or something.

3. No it doesn't, but Wonder Man's durability is up at Thor's level while Ms. Marvel just lets her take bullets. Not much above that.

"
I thought Cage could only be injured by adamantium and up class weapons.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Nobody said:
"

"
1.I don't know if Cage could do that,I never seen him have to face something like that...

2.West Coast Avengers was disbanned years and years ago.If you mean Wonder Man is as durable as Classic Thor,I could go with that...but current Thor? You have to be kidding me.

3.That's false as well...You need to read Ms.Marvel she can take far more than bullets.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_Martian

1. I know he was pretty messed up when he fell off Stark Tower in Japan(New Avengers) though he did get back up, but not quiet as fast as Tombstone.

2. Yeah I mean Classic Thor.

3. I know she isn't as durable as Wonder Man, but maybe she is more durable than I'm giving her credit for.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_Martian
Octagon Freak said:
"Nobody said:
"

"
I thought Cage could only be injured by adamantium and up class weapons.
"
Not true, adamantium can cut him and alot of metals can't break his skin, but he can be injured by weaker things.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Alright,this is getting ridiculous.

Ok,I say Cage wins because he's a more skilled fighter and he has alot more experience,fighting people in his strength and durability range.You seem to be basing your opinion on this one instance.Have you seen anything else or do you have scans of Tombstone's feats other than this.I'm not convinced that Cage is less durable than Tombstone or that Tombstone could even get a hit off on Spider-Man..There are Marvel superheroes with superhuman speed and the skill to match that have trouble hitting Spider-Man.Iron Fist being one of them.Yes he has gotten his hits off on Spidey before,but it's not as easy for him to hit Spider-Man as it was for Tombstone as shown.Which I'm assuming was for the plot.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The_Martian

I don't have other scans to provide, sadly. I don't have the biggest comic collection, but I dont see whats so hard to believe about Tombstone hitting Spider-man. It his possible Tombstone is quicker than Iron Fist, isn't it? As for durabliity, I have show some good images that would put Tombstone at least his equal. Strength wise its hard to tell cause he didn't really show any strength feats in the examples I can provide.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Nobody said:
"I don't have other scans to provide, sadly. I don't have the biggest comic collection, but I dont see whats so hard to believe about Tombstone hitting Spider-man. It his possible Tombstone is quicker than Iron Fist, isn't it? As for durabliity, I have show some good images that would put Tombstone at least his equal. Strength wise its hard to tell cause he didn't really show any strength feats in the examples I can provide."

No...it's not possible Tombstone is faster than Iron Fist..I mean your basing your argument off of one scan.If Tombstone has been shown to be that fast time and time again..I could go with it,but I don't see any evidence he is.I can't find one source that says Tombstone has superhuman speed or reflexes.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By The_Martian

I've seen him hit Spider-Man before. Spider-Man is his main foe and you are acting like he can't hit him. He does it everytime they battle.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Nobody said:
"I've seen him hit Spider-Man before. Spider-Man is his main foe and you are acting like he can't hit him. He does it everytime they battle."

It's for the plot.Without Superhuman Speed or Reflexes you have to be at least a well trained fighter....and Tombstone is not.Alot of Spider-Man's villians aren't as fast as him but they hit him.If they wrote everything correctly...Marvel would have to enhance all Spider-Man's vllians speed to keep up with him.Rhino is not only dumb but he's nowhere near Spider-Man's speed and he's gotten off hits.So what i'm saying now is, Is there any showings that you know off of Tombstone using his speed other than to hit Spider-Man?
Danko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Danko

If you look at the comic Daredevil #91. You'll see Matador and Tombstone are trying to take down Daredevil, but they don't even come close in succeeding. Daredevil takes them both on pretty easily. And yes, this is the tombstone with his powers augmented.

http://bp3.blogger.com/_tYiCGgNLJ8c/R0d-C28XmWI/AAAAAAAADE4/aZMCIbRb5fs/s1600/fight0183-b.jpg

http://bp1.blogger.com/_tYiCGgNLJ8c/R0eAFW8XmYI/AAAAAAAADFI/Tjpkr31J0F0/s1600/fight0183-d.jpg

http://bp3.blogger.com/_tYiCGgNLJ8c/R0eBg28XmaI/AAAAAAAADFY/3WnG7HitHdU/s1600/fight0183-f.jpg

http://bp1.blogger.com/_tYiCGgNLJ8c/R0eCnW8XmbI/AAAAAAAADFg/LOmfk-qXHNc/s1600/fight0183-g.jpg

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Danko said:
"If you look at the comic Daredevil #91. You'll see Matador and Tombstone are trying to take down Daredevil, but they don't even come close in succeeding. Daredevil takes them both on pretty easily. And yes, this is the tombstone with his powers augmented.

http://bp3.blogger.com/_tYiCGgNLJ8c/R0d-C28XmWI/AAAAAAAADE4/aZMCIbRb5fs/s1600/fight0183-b.jpg

http://bp1.blogger.com/_tYiCGgNLJ8c/R0eAFW8XmYI/AAAAAAAADFI/Tjpkr31J0F0/s1600/fight0183-d.jpg

http://bp3.blogger.com/_tYiCGgNLJ8c/R0eBg28XmaI/AAAAAAAADFY/3WnG7HitHdU/s1600/fight0183-f.jpg

http://bp1.blogger.com/_tYiCGgNLJ8c/R0eCnW8XmbI/AAAAAAAADFg/LOmfk-qXHNc/s1600/fight0183-g.jpg"
killed'em.
Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ace High

That was after Tombstone fought Daredevil one vs one and beat him.

venom hybrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By venom hybrid

Well Tombstone could win (i dont know much about him) but when he's hit with enough force cage still gets internal damage and from the looks like it tombstone doesn't

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By The_Martian
Danko said:
"If you look at the comic Daredevil #91. You'll see Matador and Tombstone are trying to take down Daredevil, but they don't even come close in succeeding. Daredevil takes them both on pretty easily. And yes, this is the tombstone with his powers augmented.

http://bp1.blogger.com/_tYiCGgNLJ8c/R0eCnW8XmbI/AAAAAAAADFg/LOmfk-qXHNc/s1600/fight0183-g.jpg"
I can't see them.
Danko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Danko

Sorry! Still trying to figure out the new forum haha. I hope this works..

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By The_Martian
Danko said:
"Sorry! Still trying to figure out the new forum haha. I hope this works..

"
Closer. I seen the little image error  box with the red "x" in them now.
Danko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Danko

right... care to give me any tips to help me out here..? :P

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By The_Martian

Where are you posting them from?

Danko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Danko
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By The_Martian

Are you posting those images from that page? Cause none of those show Tombstone getting hurt, and if you look Tombstone was battling his "partner" cause he said he was getting in his way. So it wasn't like DD was handling both of them, he turned them against each other.

Danko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Danko

True, But DareDevil did knock him out with a sledge hammer. And that is in contrast with the picture you showed with him jumping out a building unharmed. That was my whole point. Not to say Tombstone will lose, but i'm not quite sure those pictures you showed are a accurate showing of his powers.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By The_Martian
Danko said:
"True, But DareDevil did knock him out with a sledge hammer. And that is in contrast with the picture you showed with him jumping out a building unharmed. That was my whole point. Not to say Tombstone will lose, but i'm not quite sure those pictures you showed are a accurate showing of his powers."
That or the dumbed him down to DD's level for that comic.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By the creator

Although Tombstone has superhuman strength, it is inferior to that of Cage. Tombstone's strength was shown to be approaching that of Spiderman (who could lift 10 tonnes at the time). Cage currently possesses the ability to lift 25 tonnes.

I think the pair are fairly evenly matched in terms of endurance - both have an enhanced level.

As for durability, Tombstone has been shown to be bullet proof and withstand blows from Superhuman opponents (not to mention that fall shown on the previous page). However, his skin has be likened to stone. Cage has been descibed as having at least Steel hard skin. I am going to say that I think Cage has the better durability but not by much.

For fighting skills, I think that Cage might have a very slight edge but the difference is very small.

There are some references to Tombstone having enhanced speed and reflexes as well but I cannot recall any significant showings of this. If he does have an advantage here, it won't be a huge one over Cage.

Overall, with the significant strength adavantage, I would say that Cage wins.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By The_Martian
the creator said:
"Although Tombstone has superhuman strength, it is inferior to that of Cage. Tombstone's strength was shown to be approaching that of Spiderman (who could lift 10 tonnes at the time). Cage currently possesses the ability to lift 25 tonnes.

I think the pair are fairly evenly matched in terms of endurance - both have an enhanced level.

As for durability, Tombstone has been shown to be bullet proof and withstand blows from Superhuman opponents (not to mention that fall shown on the previous page). However, his skin has be likened to stone. Cage has been descibed as having at least Steel hard skin. I am going to say that I think Cage has the better durability but not by much.

For fighting skills, I think that Cage might have a very slight edge but the difference is very small.

There are some references to Tombstone having enhanced speed and reflexes as well but I cannot recall any significant showings of this. If he does have an advantage here, it won't be a huge one over Cage.

Overall, with the significant strength adavantage, I would say that Cage wins.
"
Agreed, well said.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By the creator
Nobody said:
"Agreed, well said.
"
Thanks.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Nobody said:
"Danko said:
"True, But DareDevil did knock him out with a sledge hammer. And that is in contrast with the picture you showed with him jumping out a building unharmed. That was my whole point. Not to say Tombstone will lose, but i'm not quite sure those pictures you showed are a accurate showing of his powers."
That or the dumbed him down to DD's level for that comic.
"

DD could beat Tombstone...any time.