Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Tombstone is as pictured

Deathstroke does not have Nth armor. He has his blasting staff and two katanas

No prep

Fight takes place at a junkyard (They have access to stuff laying around i.e sledghammer, metal pipes)

Fight to the death

EDIT*

Deasthstroke does have his blasting staff

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Wolverine008

I'm leaning towards Deathstroke here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless Tombstone got a major increase in recent months, he stands no chance.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke stabs him in the eye

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke is too much for Tombstone to handle.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc70f4ba8f14
deactivated-5fc70f4ba8f14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I understand Deathstroke is an amazing fighter. But doesn't tombstone have strength and durability over him? I thought Tombstone goes toe to toe with the likes of spiderman

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paulson3lt: He does. But Deathstroke is too intelligent and well trained. He could probably make Lonnie hurt himself. If this was Spactacular Spidey Tombs..then it would be a larger challenge for Slade.

DrunkVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DrunkVader

ghetto deadpool takes this

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You are aware that Deadpool was specifically created to rip off Deathstroke right?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I understand Deathstroke is an amazing fighter. But doesn't tombstone have strength and durability over him? I thought Tombstone goes toe to toe with the likes of spiderman

His staff has been used to to destroy helicopters. There isn't really a way to make this a fair fight IMO.

DrunkVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By comic_book_fan

tombstone too strong and too durable slade is smarter and faster but the speed advantage isn't enough this guy tags spidey and without his armor and the fact it would take a lot of doing to even hurt tombstone with the weapon's have.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

Tombstone due to durability.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@comic_book_fan said:

tombstone too strong and too durable slade is smarter and faster but the speed advantage isn't enough this guy tags spidey and without his armor and the fact it would take a lot of doing to even hurt tombstone with the weapon's have.

Slade isn't without his armor, the BIO no Nth metal armor, which means this is pre-52 Deathstroke. Remember Deathstroke's weaponry, mainly his blasting staff which can destroy helicopters, and his Promethium blade sword. The staff, and the sword should be able to deal damage. Specifically, I am willing to say that Promethium is more durable than his body, so the sword should be able to deal some damage, to where a regular sword would not. Deathstrokes, promethium armor, mixed with his healing factor, and his enhancements make this a close call. But due to Deathstrokes brain function being increased by 900%, I would say that he has the upper hand in this fight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: Not trying to put words in your mouth but I can't tell. Are you saying he does have Nth armor? And I can't tell if you are being hypothetical but I feel like you are assuming he has Promethuim weapons?

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By comic_book_fan

@cable_extreme:

it says a staff and 2 katanas not his staff and swords.

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan: 2nd that. I have yet to see Slade beat anybody of merit without prep

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@visemoon said:

@comic_book_fan: 2nd that. I have yet to see Slade beat anybody of merit without prep

He has beaten people of merit but that's not important as Tombstone is not someone of merit

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister:

he is stronger and more durable the weapons allotted to deathstroke can't put him down and he will eventually get a hold of slade and put the hurt on him.

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By visemoon

@dextersinister: who has Slade beaten without the use of Prep? Tombstone has put a whooping on Spidey without prep

Not saying Slade can't win a few, but most of his victories is due to him having one sided prep against opponents. Tombs 8/10

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dextersinister

@visemoon said:

@dextersinister: who has Slade beaten without the use of Prep? Tombstone has put a whooping on Spidey without prep

Not saying Slade can't win a few, but most of his victories is due to him having one sided prep against opponents. Tombs 8/10

To be fair even the lowliest of Spiderman, Batman or Superman villains normally give them a whooping at least once. Being beaten by your vllain is part and parcel of most arcs and Spiderman isn't as durable as Slade.

His victories against those prepped opponents where far above Tombstones paygrade but let me point out that one of the biggest problems with the Deathstroke new 52 run was that he was portrayed as simply being too good. He took Hawkman with ease when he didn't want to hurt him and Hawkman was trying to kill, he was attacked by increasingly powerful meta-humans bounty hunters under the same name until one was in a suit that gave 200+ ton strength and was physically indestructible.

Safely assuming that these swords are made from any decent material and that they have Slades non-nth metal strength behind them which could crumple re-inforced steel he would slice through Tombstone with ease.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme:

it says a staff and 2 katanas not his staff and swords.

Staff, and swords, what do you think Katanas mean? His usual arsenal is a staff, with 1-2 swords made of promethium. I assumed since the Bio said he had the very type of weapons he always carried, then I assume the bio creator wanted to have a fair match. Without his promethium Blade, a regular steel blade would have too much trouble hurting tombstone. So it is logical reasoning that it would have to mean a promethium sword, or this thread would be spite in tombstones favor.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@drunkvader said:

You are aware that Deadpool was specifically created to rip off Deathstroke right?

Correction - he was created as a form of parody*

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@paulson3lt said:

@cable_extreme: Not trying to put words in your mouth but I can't tell. Are you saying he does have Nth armor? And I can't tell if you are being hypothetical but I feel like you are assuming he has Promethuim weapons?

Well, I am assuming he has his promethium armor, and his promethium katanas and his blasting staff. If he didn't then this would clearly be spite in tombstones favor. Regular steel is near useless verses tombstone, it is only a logical assumption that the bio creator meant his regular weapons, and pre-52 gear.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterwhisper said:

@drunkvader said:

Being created by Rob Liefeld is such an insult it should be considered a rip off.

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By visemoon

@dextersinister: The Hawkman thing and the other you mention is nice and all. But that was Slade with Nth Armor. In this fight it Is Slade minus nth armor. Once again Who has Slade beating without the the use of one sided prep?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

@misterwhisper said:

@drunkvader said:

Being created by Rob Liefeld is such an insult it should be considered a rip off.

Okay, but he still isn't a rip off.

DrunkVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DrunkVader

@i_like_swords: what are ghetto deadpools powers? any different from deadpools?

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Dextersinister

@visemoon said:

@dextersinister: The Hawkman thing and the other you mention is nice and all. But that is Slade with Nth Armor. This is Slade minus nth armor. Once again Who has Slade beating without the the use of one sided prep?

Incorrect the armour assisted in no way, beating Hawkman was a matter of speed who himself said as he was wrangled "how are you so fast" and the nth metal ment nothing to the guy with 200 ton strength as he sliced through it like it wasn't there.

Considering that Deathstroke although not as fast as Peter is consistently faster than Tombstone and unlike Peter has the added advantage of a mind that keeps up with his reflexes, is far more durable than Peter in his mesh armour along with a superior healing factor, has swords made out of pure promethium and a blasting staff that can vaporize through a feet of concrete along with the steel pipe how does Tombstone not get sliced up or blown to pieces?

Erick_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

Deathstroke stabs him in the eye

heroesgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm giving this to DS, though Tombstone has strength and durability factor over him. I don't think Tombstone is a smart enough fighter to beat Slade. Slade has fought other super humans who can beat Tombstone with ease. So I'm leaning with him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drunkvader said:

@i_like_swords: what are ghetto deadpools powers? any different from deadpools?

Slade has different powers from Wade. While I don't know the details, I know that he was enhanced physically and mentally. He was superhumanly fast, strong and durable, and could process information at an accelerated rate. Batman could still contend with him despite his stats, but he was superhuman. And yeah, I think his powers came from a serum.. they "broke" Slade down to the core, and then rearranged him to make him the perfect soldier. He also gained a slight healing factor, but nothing near Deadpools. Think Captain America or Spider-Man.

Slade's Nth metal armor further increased his already superhuman stats.

Deadpool on the other hand got his healing factor from Wolverines DNA. He's not superhuman in any way apart from healing.

So yeah, in terms of powers they're different.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By homicidalmaniac
CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CF12793

Classic DS has no way of hurting Classic Tombstone, and the New 52 DS doesn't have much of a hope either. Tombstone has shown himself to be formidable to someone such as Spider-Man even when he had no superpowers, and when he got them later on, Spidey couldn't K.O. him without webbing up his hand first. Even though he's not the most intelligent Marvel baddie, he certainly makes up for it in ruthlessness. I'm not putting Deathstroke out of the fight, I just don't see a way that Deathstroke armed with only 2 katanas and a bostaff is going to do anything to someone who can take full force Spider-Man punches and laugh them off like they were mosquito bites.

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By visemoon

@dextersinister: the Armor enhanced Slade stats. This is fact. In this match with Tombs, Slade does not have the Armor. Who has Slade beaten without prep?

No Caption Provided

I will post scans of Tombs tanking explosions, bullets and Spidey almost breaking his hands punching Tombs later

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Dextersinister

@visemoon said:

@dextersinister: the Armor enhanced Slade stats. This is fact. In this match with Tombs, Slade does not have the Armor. Who has Slade beaten without prep?

I will post scans of Tombs tanking explosions, bullets and Spidey almost breaking his hands punching Tombs later

It enhanced his strength and durability which was not a factor in any of my examples. He beat all those characters without prep, when visiting his wifes grave he beat multiple powered characters who where originally from the Wildstorm universe despite being ambushed. He has beaten plenty of characters but who bar Spiderman has Tombstone beaten without prep.

Slade in promethium armour has tanked all those things or better yet avoided them and Tombstone cannot tank a promethium sword to the gut.

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By visemoon

@dextersinister: I'm not exactly sure why you keep using Slade with Nth Armor. The scan above your post cleary explains the Armor increase is stats. " Amplifies your strength and natural abilities"

Natural abilities includes strength, durability, speed and agility. Which make his feat irrelevant to this topic.

And the OP stated 2 katanas. I don't recall Slade ever having 2 promethium Katanas which mean the Katana he has are normal. Or unless the OP state 2 promethium katanas we have to assume they are regular katanas

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#39  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

It's an uphill struggle for Slade, no doubt about it. The pictured version of Tombstone was a real boss in his story and it took an unrestrained (not to mention webbed) hit from Spider-Man to drop him. That said, I do think Slade has the skill and means to eventually realize he'll need to attack Lonnie's eyes with his bladed weapons. Tombstone's quite fast (though only got his hands on Peter when he was distracted) and his 6 ton strength could definitely take a toll on Wilson, but I do think the DC merc has the talent, intellect and physicals required to survive long enough and do what needs to be done, especially in this environment. It won't be easy by any measure, but I think he has what it takes to overcome.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@visemoon: He was referring to his healing factor. He always wears the nth armour new 52 so your asking for non-existant showings unless we go by pre and some of them are even better because he's had a lot longer to build up a feat base.

All his weaponry has been made from Promethium even his staff, why would he use standard steel swords when he often goes after the enhanced? He has his own personnel weapon designer.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@k4tzm4n said:

It's an uphill struggle for Slade, no doubt about it. The pictured version of Tombstone was a real boss in his story and it took an unrestrained (not to mention webbed) hit from Spider-Man to drop him. That said, I do think Slade has the skill and means to eventually realize he'll need to attack Lonnie's eyes with his bladed weapons. Tombstone's quite fast (though only got his hands on Peter when he was distracted) and his 6 ton strength could definitely take a toll on Wilson, but I do think the DC merc has the talent, intellect and physicals required to survive long enough and do what needs to be done, especially in this environment. It won't be easy by any measure, but I think he has what it takes to overcome.

I concur. Tombstone is a tough opponent, but he's not smart enough to combat Deathstroke. Even Deadpool, and I believe Agent Bob in Dead managed to outsmart and incapacitate Tombstone. Granted they did have guns, Deadpool was pretty reckless in the fight and Agent Bob isn't very much...

DrunkVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: this seems mismatched the more i hear about ghetto deadpool

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke.

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By visemoon

@dextersinister: I agree he was referring to his healing, plus his durability, speed, agility...you know "natural abilities"!? ;-) Armor increased his stats. And you are right about me asking for an non existant feat...that was the hold point.

And on the weapons. The OP didn't specify about promethium 2 katanas. He said just 2 Kantanas. If he has had 2 promethium katanas in the past, than you would have a point. But I don't recall him ever having one so I can't assume that they would be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: Okay I see what you are saying. Honestly I did not intend for him to have promethium weapons, just armor. My fault for not explaining enough. I just had the mindset of Deathstroke with promethium weapons destroying Tombstone with ease

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: Okay I see what you are saying. Honestly I did not intend for him to have promethium weapons, just armor. My fault for not explaining enough. I just had the mindset of Deathstroke with promethium weapons destroying Tombstone with ease

The problem with regular weapons is that they fail miserably with tombstone. Swords, and bullets ect.. are deflected off of him. Heck, daredevil even talked about nearly breaking his fingers when trying to do a nerve strike, and didn't even phase tombstone. Nerve strikes are usually suppose to work, even on semi-durable people. I would at least recommend letting him have his blasting staff to give him the ability to shoot him and better control the environment such as shooting stuff to make a hole in a wall, or object to fall on tombstone. And tombstone won't get beaten with a single blast, unlike the promethium sword. I don't see Deathstroke doing much else without his signature weapons. Or at least one of them.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Dextersinister

@cable_extreme: I think people are grossly underestimating how much of a jobber he is

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#48  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Deadpool realized he could defeat Tombstone by threatening to damage his eyes (Suicide Kings). There's about zero reason to believe Slade wouldn't reach the same conclusion and at a faster rate, honestly. Yes, that came after Wade was beaten to a pulp, but when it comes to skill and tactics, I think Slade has Wade bested.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@cable_extreme: I think people are grossly underestimating how much of a jobber he is

Nice scans, I agree, which is why Deathstroke needs his weaponry to even contend.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n:

yeah but the thing is deadpool can take more punishment than deathstroke and recover much faster.

slade will be unconscious or to badly hurt to use that by the time he even realizes his weapons are useless on tombstone's skin.