#1 Edited by Roman_Sionis (167 posts) - - Show Bio

In character

Setting: the city

Round 1: Stupid grundy

Round 2: Smart grundy

New Earth Grundy,Mainstream Tombstone.
NON TEAMBUSTER Grundy

BONUS:

the cops arrive in 1 minute, spiderman and batman arrive in 10 mins.

OP/Story: **Grundy and Tombstone engage in a hassle in the city, cars driving by and everything, Tombstone throws a car at Grundy and Grundy hits it away**

BEGIN!!!

#2 Posted by jashro44 (20820 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends which Grundy. Weaker versions lose (in probably a stomp) where as the stronger versions will stomp. Not sure if there is neutral version which matches up with tombstone.

#3 Posted by Iragexcudder (4601 posts) - - Show Bio

Idk how Tombstone could put Grundy down for good.. I say Grundy

#4 Posted by Roman_Sionis (167 posts) - - Show Bio

@iragexcudder: @jashro44: Its comic version of both, New Earth grundy, and guys read the round 1 and 2 and the bonus, as for weaker or strong grundy, its the normal common grundy, whichever that is. Cops arrive in 1 minute and batman AND spiderman arrive in 10 mins, remember that.

#5 Posted by godzilla44 (3036 posts) - - Show Bio

@iragexcudder: ya same i don't think tombstone can put down grundy, so I say grundy wins in a good fight.

#6 Edited by TheTrueBarryAllen (5032 posts) - - Show Bio

Solomon Grundy.

#7 Posted by Shawnbaby (10641 posts) - - Show Bio

@iragexcudder: @jashro44: Its comic version of both, New Earth grundy, and guys read the round 1 and 2 and the bonus, as for weaker or strong grundy, its the normal common grundy, whichever that is. Cops arrive in 1 minute and batman AND spiderman arrive in 10 mins, remember that.

In that case you've made a complete and utter mismatch. Flagged.

#8 Posted by superstay (9729 posts) - - Show Bio

Grundy seems too powerful to lose this battle...

d^_^b

#9 Posted by patrat18 (9579 posts) - - Show Bio

Grundy.

#10 Edited by Iragexcudder (4601 posts) - - Show Bio

@roman_sionis: yeah I know, spiderman and batman wouldn't be able to do anything against Grundy IMO. Spidey is fast enough but IF he gets hit by Grundy, that's some serious strength right there.

#11 Posted by Thanofleeze (2680 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby: Flagging is a last resort action. Clearly the OP had no intent on making a mismatch. Teaching is much more useful than flagging.

#12 Edited by Shawnbaby (10641 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanofleeze said:

@shawnbaby: Flagging is a last resort action. Clearly the OP had no intent on making a mismatch. Teaching is much more useful than flagging.

Flagging isn't a last resort action. It's actually the first thing you're supposed to do when you see a mismatch.

#13 Edited by Thanofleeze (2680 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby: To get people banned before they learn anything?

I'm sure...

#14 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3383 posts) - - Show Bio

@roman_sionis: All but the weakest incarnations of Grundy win this in record time, mon ami.

#15 Posted by Shawnbaby (10641 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby: To get people banned before they learn anything?

I'm sure...

Flagging a thread doesn't "get people banned"

It brings the thread to the attention of a mod...who can then lock the thread.

#16 Posted by Thanofleeze (2680 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby: I got banned once for 3 flags, so I don't know why you would say that. Anyway, yeah. 90% of Grundy versions take this very easily.

#17 Posted by Shawnbaby (10641 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby: I got banned once for 3 flags, so I don't know why you would say that. Anyway, yeah. 90% of Grundy versions take this very easily.

If you got banned...you probably did something to deserve it.

#18 Posted by Roman_Sionis (167 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3383 posts) - - Show Bio

@roman_sionis:

The incarnations of Solomon Grundy have fluctuated since the Golden Age of Comics. A couple of them have been slightly above street-level. Tombstone could beat those versions. The rest of his incarnations are certified teambusters, and have needed either the entire JSA, JLA, and/or the whole Titans roster to slow him down. Those versions would embarrass Tombstone like nobody's business.

#20 Posted by Roman_Sionis (167 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: So Grundy is pretty much a character FULL of PIS or WIS huh?

#21 Posted by Shawnbaby (10641 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by godzilla44 (3036 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Shawnbaby (10641 posts) - - Show Bio

@roman_sionis: Basically what you have is a guy that can trade punches with Spider-Man up against a guy that can trade punches with Superman.

#24 Posted by Roman_Sionis (167 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Shawnbaby (10641 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby: @godzilla44: @shawnbaby: Oh look who does not read, I said NEW EARTH/PRE 52..not the current new 52 stuff.

Okay fine. Pre-52 Grundy has a lot more feats...and that's where most of his Teambusting stuff is

#26 Posted by Roman_Sionis (167 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby: Hmm well I am sorry, most stuff I watch the guy gets beat by BATMAN!

#27 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (3383 posts) - - Show Bio

@roman_sionis:

So Grundy is pretty much a character FULL of PIS or WIS huh?

No, he's an incomplete Earth Elemental. Thus he's doomed to resurrect each time someone somehow kills him. The catch is that since his transformation into an Elemental was flawed, these resurrections will vary greatly. More often than not, he'll be at his teambuster levels of strength/durability, dumb as a bag of rocks, hungry for brains self that we all know and love. But sometimes he'll be around Bane-Spider-Man level. This is very infrequent. Sometimes, he'll even resurrect with all his legendary strength and genius level intelligence. You never know who you'll get with this guy, but you always know that he'll be back no matter what.

New 52 however, I have no idea....

#28 Posted by Roman_Sionis (167 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: Oh I see, you totally just cleared up Grundy for me, more points to you mon ami!

#29 Posted by Roman_Sionis (167 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (3383 posts) - - Show Bio

@roman_sionis:

Oh I see, you totally just cleared up Grundy for me, more points to you mon ami!

Always glad to help where I can! And I think that Tombstone could outlast and eventually defeat the lesser version(s) of Solomon Grundy. His upper levels would blast Tombstone to powder!;)

#31 Posted by Shawnbaby (10641 posts) - - Show Bio