#1 Posted by dorukesin (3791 posts) - - Show Bio

Area:Kent's Farm

Bloodlusted:On

Morals:OFF

Prep.: off

Win by only Death

"Note:Tom Welling's Superman know how to fly :D"

So Tom Welling's Clark can own Henry Cavill's Kal ?

vs

#2 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15758 posts) - - Show Bio

yes, Smallvile Clark has planet level strenght, and has moved at light speed. its is spite

#3 Posted by Pokeysteve (7016 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on feats, Smallville Clark should absolutely wreck MoS Supe.

#4 Posted by Fallschirmjager (11555 posts) - - Show Bio

218 episodes x 45 minutes = 9810 minutes of Smallville

vs 143 minutes of Man of Steel.

that's your mismatch right there.

#5 Posted by logy5000 (5525 posts) - - Show Bio

Tom Welling Superman is the 2nd most powerful Superman. (Right behind Christopher Reeve.)

Henry Cavill Superman is probably the WEAKEST of all live action Supermen.

#6 Posted by Blackdog2009 (1739 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate Smallville Superman(but not really Superman, don't want to wear a suit Superman, took me years to look like a crap Superman). MOS snaps his neck!

#7 Posted by Wardemon32 (3620 posts) - - Show Bio

Smallville stomps.

#8 Edited by onilordasmodeus (2466 posts) - - Show Bio

I have yet to see the last 3 seasons of Smallville. Did he really get that much of a power boost? I would have thought MoS Superman would destroy SV Clark.

#9 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15758 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000: Alan Kirk and George Reeves are lower then Cavail.

I hate Smallville Superman(but not really Superman, don't want to wear a suit Superman, took me years to look like a crap Superman). MOS snaps his neck!

false, MOS doesnt stand a chance

#10 Posted by logy5000 (5525 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: I'm unfamiliar with Alan Kirk, but George Reeves once lifted a pyramid with 1 hand.

#11 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15758 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15758 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000: oh umm i guess your right then. Alan Kirk is for the old Superman seriels in the 40s

#13 Posted by logy5000 (5525 posts) - - Show Bio

218 episodes x 45 minutes = 9810 minutes of Smallville

vs 143 minutes of Man of Steel.

that's your mismatch right there.

Reeve Superman would defeat Welling, and he has less screen time.

Screen time isn't always a deciding factor, but I know what you're saying.

#14 Posted by logy5000 (5525 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000: oh umm i guess your right then. Alan Kirk is for the old Superman seriels in the 40s

I completely forgot about that one. As far as I remembered, Reeves was the first Superman.

#15 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15758 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000: yeah a lot of people dont remember alan kirk

#16 Edited by Fallschirmjager (11555 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000: Reeve had 4 movies though, so he has quite a bit more than Cavill does.

#17 Posted by dondave (26660 posts) - - Show Bio

yes, Smallvile Clark has planet level strenght, and has moved at light speed. its is spite

When did he show this?

#18 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15758 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: last episode. he pushes Apocalpse away from earth

#19 Edited by dondave (26660 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman said:

Apokolips was only shown to be larger than Earth when it bypassed Saturn, it wasn't even larger than North America when it reached Earth, it was only seen as bigger when it was in space, Clark pushed back a smaller version of Apokolips.

Also when did he show he was capable of achieving the Speed of Light?

#20 Edited by Fallschirmjager (11555 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

In episode Masquerade (10x14) Clark runs from London England to Metropolis in 13 seconds. From 2:27-2:40 of the episode.

Now Metropolis in Smallville is located in Kansas...we have no idea where of course...so lets just say Kansas City is Metropolis.

Distance from Kansas City to London is 4381 miles.

4381 / 13 = 337 miles per second. 20,220 miles per minute. 1,213,200 miles per hour. Mach 1580 (rounded up)

Speed of Light is 670,616,629 miles per hour...so he's not even close to that.

Here's man of steel speed

@fallschirmjager said:

5:08. Superman is temporarily taken aback in mid air. Zod tackles him and they go fying upwards. We later see them exchanging blows as they go higher, before stopping at the Wayne Satellite at 5:16.

They did start a few hundred feet from the ground, but that is negligible given the distance traveled. While they are fighting on the Satellite we can clearly see the Earth in the back ground, the Satellite is CLEARLY in Low-Earth Orbit.

Low Earth Orbit is a MAXIMUM of 1273 miles above the earth.

Now its hard to say exactly how high the how high the satellite is. Normally, satellites orbit at minimum of 200 miles above the earth and a maximum of about 1200 (in low earth orbit). Since we don't have an exact number, we'll just calculate both numbers and it will give us a range of speed.

200 miles in 8 seconds. or 25 miles per second. 1500 miles per minute. 90,000 miles per hour. Or Mach 117 (rounded down)

1200 miles in 8 seconds. or 150 miles per second. Or 9000 miles per minute. Or 540,000 miles per hour. Or Mach 703 (rounded down)

So there you have it. During his fight with Zod both Superman and Zod were flying anywhere from Mach 117 to Mach 703. Given that they were both doing this, it gives legitimacy to the speed feat.

Now I personally think its closer to 117 than it is 703 as I don't think they were quite 1200 miles above the earth. But I have no way of knowing. If the satellite is used by Wayne Enterprises its most probably for communications and thus probably lower...but if it was built by them and sold to someone else...it could be used for who knows what. Wayne Enterprises also has contracts with the military (in comics)...and if its in use by the military it could very well be 1200 miles above the earth, as some military satellites are.

I'm hoping they will tell us in MoS 2 what kind of satellite it was, as that would give us a far more accurate guess about the distance traveled.

#21 Posted by ShiZZmAhh (471 posts) - - Show Bio

Smallville Superman takes it. Too fast, too strong, way more feats.

#22 Posted by Hyperlight (4319 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: he punched him into a lower part of the atmosphere.... like a few thousand feat up. but he still wins

#23 Edited by logy5000 (5525 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@allstarsuperman said:

Apokolips was only shown to be larger than Earth when it bypassed Saturn, it wasn't even larger than North America when it reached Earth, it was only seen as bigger when it was in space, Clark pushed back a smaller version of Apokolips.

Pushing even a continent stomps all of MoS Superman's feats.

#24 Edited by dondave (26660 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

@dondave said:

@allstarsuperman said:

I didn't say he wouldn't win, I just don't believe he has planetary strength.

#25 Posted by logy5000 (5525 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@logy5000 said:

@dondave said:

@allstarsuperman said:

He doesn't. In fact, now that I think about it, he's not the strongest version of live action Superman. Reeve likely would have casually pushed Apokolips.

#26 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15758 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

@dondave said:

@logy5000 said:

@dondave said:

@allstarsuperman said:

He doesn't. In fact, now that I think about it, he's not the strongest version of live action Superman. Reeve likely would have casually pushed Apokolips.

Reeve only pushed the moon. Apokolips was huge, then it shunk I dont know how. Welling pushed it away (overcoming both earth and apokolips gravity) and it kept going after he simply pushed it.

#27 Posted by patrat18 (6746 posts) - - Show Bio

#28 Edited by AllStarSuperman (15758 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

@allstarsuperman said:

i was proved totally wrong about lightspeed, but i still believe he has planet level strenght.

#29 Posted by hulk_post_absolute_power (291 posts) - - Show Bio

Mos

#30 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15758 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by logy5000 (5525 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

@dondave said:

@logy5000 said:

@dondave said:

@allstarsuperman said:

Reeve only pushed the moon. Apokolips was huge, then it shunk I dont know how. Welling pushed it away (overcoming both earth and apokolips gravity) and it kept going after he simply pushed it.

It was only the size of a country by the time it reached Earth. And Reeve was smiling while he pushed the moon.

I'm not going to debate their strength, but I know for sure Reeve beats Welling.

#32 Posted by dorukesin (3791 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by Parallax_Hal_Jordan (372 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked SV till season 4,i like MoS, but tbh SV's Clark has a good speed adventage and a huge strenght adv...Smallville's Superman ftw.

#34 Edited by TJSH96 (494 posts) - - Show Bio

Listen to what Zack Snyder says at 1:30 in this video.

Smallville's Superman moved and pushed a planet extremely powerfully far away with minimal effort, is FTL and is durable enough to fight people who are most likely equally as powerful as himself (going from power-scaling of course). Man of Steel's Superman would get obliterated by Smallville's Superman.