reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By reignmaker

VS.

• Tom's strength and reflexes are well above human norms, thanks to his unusual upbringing. He also ages very slowly. He is currently over 100 years old, yet looks to be in his early forties at the most. However, his greatest ability remains his incredible intellect, which allows him to both invent astounding gadgets to combat the foes he faces and to think himself out of any situation he finds himself in.
  • The Super Soldier serum in Captain America had increased his body past the physical peak of human potential. He is strong, fast, durable and agile. His reflexes have also been increased and are nearly instantaneous (he is also capable of 'seeing faster' - enabling him to dodge bullets). He has run a mile in roughly a minute and can bench-press up to 1100 pounds.

Based on my readings of the two characters I believe Tom Strong outclasses Cap in the raw strength department. I also think intellectually he's superior. Cap however is likely faster and more agile, not to mention he also has the benefit of his shield.

• All rounds are morals on, win by immobility or knockout (as they likely wouldn't try kill each other)

ROUND 1 - Random encounter, no prep but with standard gear (Cap w/ shield, Tom with Bowie knife & ray gun). Takes place in the jungle.

ROUND 2 - Both combatants are given a week's worth of prep time with a standard briefing of his opponent. Both may utilize outside machinery/technology but may not enlist outside help in procuring it (this of course doesn't mean Cap can't go to the Avengers storage room). Takes place in a controlled neutral battle room.

ROUND 3 - Random encounter, no gear. But it takes place in a junkyard - so random projectiles could foreseeably be utilized.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By reignmaker

Seriously, more people need to get familiar with Moore.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I am not too familiar with Tom Strong, but from what I've read from the information you provided and his Comic Vine page I think this would be a good match. However, I will give the edge to Cap, given his years of experience in fighting expert tacticians and superhuman foes. Also, I respect that you used a less popular character than some other characters commonly featured in the Battles forum in this thread. Other battles are often repeated over and over, and it's nice to see a creative match like this one from time to time.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By reignmaker

One final bump.

And they wonder why there's a bunch of duplicate threads.

Seriously, if this were another "Batman vs. Captain America" thread, it'd probably be on page 3 and locked already.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By terry2012

Round 1: Cap

Round 2: Tom Strong

Round 3: Tom Strong It could go either way

This base on the information you wrote.

Dbogan67theman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Tom Strong is stronger and smarter than Cap. As for hand to hand combat...Cap to win