• 65 results
Odinsonnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Odinsonnn

Me and my friend can't come to an agreement: who'd beat who in a fight?

Had to add some rules. . .

• In flesh, of course (No edo tensei)
  • Both in their primes
  • Any and all showings are acceptable
  • Well debated logic (w/out tangible showings) is also acceptable

Does not include "Tobirama-created-Hiraishin-so-he's-faster" logic

• Must explain how the victory is attained
  • KO or Death
PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both have hiraishin, so that's a tie..

Minato's speed is higher that tobirama's obviously, so he has advantage there.

Tobirama possibly has edo tensei, while minato's very good in sealing techniques.

Tobirama's apparently quick to act, while minato doesn't waste a moment.

Tobirama has great proficiency in water techniques, minato has rasengan.

But minato also has space-time barriers, and toad summon.

Overall, going with minato 6/10.

The characters really lack showings..

ben_coby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this will be hard but I will give it to Tobirama Senju 6/10 though minato is cooler

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By thelocust619  Online

Bleep.

Odinsonnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyzuko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's implied from the manga that Tobirama is more powerful than base Minato (BM Minato stomps but he has to be an Edo to access BM), due to the whole Senju >> Uchiha establishment and the fact that Tobirama is a top-tier Senju, second to only Hashirama.

However, Tobirama has barely any showings so going by feats, Minato wins mid-high diff, although I believe Tobirama can beat Minato if he was given more feats.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyzuko: I'm not sure how senju>uchiha plays a part. Minato is a namikaze, and learned in sealing techniques of uzumaki clan..

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tobirama 9/10. It's shown that he can teleport to Minato's hirashin seals, rendering them moot and his chakra alone was scaring an entire room of Kage/Hebi.

Also IIRC Hashirama alluded to the fact/implied that Tobirama could in fact beat and kill Madara.

Oh and if he gets Edo Tensei he stomps.

Kyzuko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kyzuko

@princearagorn1: Sealing techs aren't going to help Minato in a battle against someone who'd be extremely hard to subdue.

I'm talking about the advantages of being a Senju; extraordinary life force/physical chakra. Honestly, I don't see either of them landing a hit on each other, just Tobirama outlasting Minato due to superior chakra reserves.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyzuko: Minato's rather good with barrier ninjutsu, too..

And I think the extraordinary life force/chakra was characteristic of uzumaki clan? Look at naruto, nagato, kushina..

Kyzuko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: He is but it's only effective against ranged techs. Also, it requires Minato to be stationary and use hand seals.

Senju share the same characteristics, if not arguably greater; Hashirama completely broke Orochimaru's restraint on him and Tobirama was able to do this until Orochimaru used Hashirama's cells to strengthen the binding. This was all due to powerful chakra and it's a feat Nagato was unable to accomplish.

And, Tobirama made the room shake, created cracks and scared everyone in the room except for Hashirama just by powering up/rousing his chakra.

Hashirama powered up and almost destroyed the entire room.

ferventking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Minato in his prime (pre death) doesn't have half the Kyuubi, so that's out. It's been specifically shown that Tobirama's Hiraishin is worse. With that said. Tobirama wins because of versatility, experience and (arguably) ruthlessness.

ferventking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyzuko: Minato's rather good with barrier ninjutsu, too..

And I think the extraordinary life force/chakra was characteristic of uzumaki clan? Look at naruto, nagato, kushina..

The life force/chakra was a characteristic of one of the Sage's sons, from which the Senju and Uzumakis are descended.

ben_coby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I taught this was Hashirama, I change my vote to Minato winning 7/10

3000timesover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i know this is an old thread but Tobirama hands down will win. Tobirama is a Senju so he has enhanced life force and physical energy. He made flying thunder god, shadow clone technique and edo tensei, he is possibly the greatest water style user ever and he also has high battle sense, high class sensory skills, high class swordmanship and high intelligence. Minato made rasengan and can use flying thunder god, he has average sensing abilities and great intelligence

Now i know everyone hypes Minato as the fastest but he and Tobirama seem to be equals. Minato can avoid a high speed hit from Raikage but barley avoid any attack from Obito in jinchuriki form whereas Tobirama could react and counter-attack Obito in jinchuriki form and not to mention get to Minato fast enough to take a bomb off his shoulder before Minato can touch it. He even did all this while Minato was in 9 tails mode i should add. And i know everyone says Minato's FTG is better than Tobirama's but if im not mistaken is instantaneous not instantaneous? And for everyone that doesn't believe me shunshin= body flicker.

And even though it wasn't revealed until recently but Tobirama did beat Izuna who was said to be equal to his brother in every possible way (could of been a fluke but i guess we wont know but i doubt it knowing how strong Tobirama is) and he beat the Gold and Silver Brothers (and for all you guys who say this isnt a feat, they were high class ninja with nine tails power, not to mention it was an ambush so he was already weakened). Minato split the nine tails between himself and Naruto (he didn't beat it because if he did there would have been no reason for him to die, plus the ninja of the village already fought the nine tails and he needed Kushina to restrain the nine tails so he could split it) however everyone gives him homage like he defeated it single-handily. He also defeated Obito which, Kakashi did it as well however both would end up having trouble doing it (Kakashi more so than Minato though). And just throwing it out there, but what really would the Toads do as well as barriers when this is probably going to be a high paced battle (also just saying time-space barriers only work when he has another marked location to send the technique if he doesn't have one its useless)

Speed: Tobirama=Minato

Intelligence: Tobirama>Minato

Jutsu: Tobirama>Minato

Stamina/Chakra: Tobirama>Minato

Feats: Tobirama<Minato

Overall: Tobirama (4)> Minato (2)

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tobirama wins.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Rulerofthevine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Minato Roflstomps, people seem to ignore that he has KCM and full bijuu mode....

rahulmrv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By rahulmrv

I like Minato more but I think Tobirama would take this. The most important factor here is that Tobirama can teleport to the FTG seals of Minato. And Minato always has a bunch of kunais with the FTG seal along with him. So Tobirama would just teleport to Minato's waist (where he keeps the kunai) and stab him.

Avatar image for jedisupermaster
Jedisupermaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jedisupermaster

Tobirama wins. He is much more experienced, more intelligent, is an excelent Water Style user and he is faster. Yeah, Minato fanboys, Tobirama is the fastest of these two. Edo Tobirama put a FTG formula on Juubito and taged him with explosives when they had confrontation. And what Bijuu Mode Edo Minato did? Did nothing, got himself defeated easily and lost his arm? Yeah, "the fastest shinobi" is such "the fastest". The only thing Minato has that is superior to Tobirama's is the speed of FTG technique. Thats all.

Tobirama beats him. And dont think i hate Minato. I just think he is one of the most overrated characters in Narutoverse.

@princearagorn1 Tobirama is faster than Minato in terms of combat speed. He beats Minato. The only advantage Minato has is superior speed of FTG. Thats all.
HollowMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HollowMode

Minato is faster with shunshin, way faster: he was capable to outrun all kages , position the 4 kunais to create the barrier for the Juubi , save the ninja alliance of the juubi bijuudama and have a little chat with Naruto and Sakura before all the other kages and Sasuke arrived the battlefield, all that in BASE. Hell , Tobirama said "My shunshin pales in comparison to yours, 4th"

He has a better use of hiraishin because he completed the technique(also said by kishimoto in last databook).

He lacks in firepower , but he has PERFECT SENNIN MODE that has PS from everything Naruto has and beyond because Minato Base Mode>>>Naruto Base Mode. So that beats Tobirama in firepower.

They are both equal in sensor skills , but again , Minato has Sennin Mode that amps that AF.

Tobirama has Edo-Tensei , but his is even weaker than the first one Orochimaru did(the one that they were at 20%-30%)

Minato can summon giant toads to fight or "Ma & Pa" to help him with the sonic genjutsu.

He also has all the Uzumaki clan seals.

Minato stomps. And I'm not counting (Since OP said no edo tensei) Kyubi Mode... If this counted then the fight would end even before it started.

PhantomRant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Minato get BM? If so, then he outclasses Tobirama. Even without it, he can still give Tobirama a high-diff fight, losing only because Tobirama has superior reactions and is a lethal opportunist.

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Postacrat

Minato is faster and can perform his most powerful jutsus with out hand seals. He's like Tobirama 2.0, better in just about every way.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By thelocust619  Online

Yeesh. Good times. *shakes head, walks away in shame*

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Minato.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Minato have Kurama?

DarkSlumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's already been said by Tobirama himself that Minato's FTG is more advanced than Tobirama's.

Alive Minato with his footspeed was said to be as fast as Ay and didn't Tobirama also confirm that Minato's was faster than him on foot also.

Tobirama has faster striking speed and is arguably maybe smarter than Minato.

I'd give it to Minato 6-7/10.

If Minato had the Kyuubi he would stomp.

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No edo tensei, so not kyuubi mode. Tobirama wins

KingWrath66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tobirama low diff Tobirama has more strength stamina durability reaction speed Wits DC and experience

garrettmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By garrettmana

Does Minato have Kurama cloak? Because it does say that they are in their prime but it also says any and all showing in the OP and that would include Kurama

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Minato because of his nine tail powers.

KingWrath66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tobirama has better/More Ninjutsu reaction speed Wits experience stamina durability even with KCM Minato was not impressed Tobirama was almost always 1-2 steps above Minato

Veravin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tobirama. ..way more ninjutsu .. But minato with kyuubi wins. Without he loses, he aint gonna do nothing in sage mode

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#37  Edited By hirev_starman

Eager to say this could go either way

Kayc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Kayc

This fight is a fight I would have loved to see.

Slade-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Slade-Prime

Minato should take this in an extremely high difficulty

Basemanjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll go with minato

Azureus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Azureus

Minato only due to his durability and DC in Bijuu Mode. People always bring up that Minato is faster, but only when looking at FTG and Shunshin. Combat speed wise, Tobirama is noticeably superior. Honestly, without the nine tails, Tobirama spanks him.

LeoTheGreatest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let see Tobirama is slower and fights with Ftg, kunai, some water jutsus and paper bombs. Minato is faster and fights with his kunai, ftg and his rasengan. Tobi’s not tagging him with any paper bombs or water jutsus and a rasengan beats a kunai in CQC lmao.

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
xMangog__Beastx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Minato.

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Minato due to summons, and Sage Mode

BM Minato ROFLSTOMPS

bdelloidgrain2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Minato get access to Bijuu Mode? If he does, then he would beat Tobirama.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c07a0327fd39
deactivated-5c07a0327fd39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Minato stomps. He has a superior Flying Thunder God Jutsu and also has Bijuu Mode.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Minato wins. He surpassed Tobirama in physical speed and FTG. He's just as smart but has more feats with better techniques.

Chaos239

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Minato stomps

Even without Kurama he has Sage Mode

KHAOSeater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaos239: he can't use it in this fight. You think Tobirama will let him stop moving to go sage mode? If course not. Also, Tobirama by feats is just as fast as Minato with FTG. In fact, he out reacted Minato a number of times in the war. He's smarter, has a more versatile arsenal, better range, more chakra, and the fact that he can definitely see least he up with Minato through the FTG means Minato's main advantage (his overwhelming speed) is basically eliminated.

kuhaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By kuhaku

For all those Minato fanboys who are asking about BM. OP CLEARLY SAYS NO EDO TENSEI. MINATO WOULD NOT HAVE KURAMA OR BM MODE WHEN HE WAS ALIVE. So can you stop saying he will stomp Tobirama because he clearly will not and all of you need to practice your reading skills. Minato has better FTG? Pfft, Tobirama can use Minato’s FTG seals as well so that don’t matter. Sage mode? Why would Minato bother using it cuz by the time he could access it, Tobirama would have killed him already. Sealing techniques? Tobirama invented a bunch of seals himself (that’s where Edo Tensei came from in the first place) and besides he also got some sealing knowledge from Uzumaki Mito who was Kushina’s ancestor AND THUS WOULD HAVE SUPERIOR SEALS.