#1 Posted by D00MSMITH (82 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony Stark

Invincible Iron Man #501
 
vs
 
 
T.O. Morrow

Well......
1> Who's smarter?
 
2>Who wins the battle?
 
Circumstances of the battle-
Both get 1 month prep, Iron Man has access to his tech and armor, T.O.Morrow has access to Lexcorp and Kord industries.
#2 Posted by entropy_aegis (15438 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP

#3 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2014 posts) - - Show Bio
@D00MSMITH: who is t o morrow ?
#4 Posted by entropy_aegis (15438 posts) - - Show Bio

@higher_evolutionary said:

@D00MSMITH: who is t o morrow ?

Scientist.

#5 Posted by ComicMan24 (147032 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know which one of those is smarter but has Morrow ever fought?

#6 Posted by entropy_aegis (15438 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:

I don't know which one of those is smarter but has Morrow ever fought?

No he steals tech from the future using some sort of device he created and then creates androids.
#7 Posted by ComicMan24 (147032 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@ComicMan24 said:

I don't know which one of those is smarter but has Morrow ever fought?

No he steals tech from the future using some sort of device he created and then creates androids.

That is what I know too. So here we have to assume that he can built an android or something like this to fight Iron Man?

#8 Posted by entropy_aegis (15438 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@ComicMan24 said:

I don't know which one of those is smarter but has Morrow ever fought?

No he steals tech from the future using some sort of device he created and then creates androids.

That is what I know too. So here we have to assume that he can built an android or something like this to fight Iron Man?

Yeah.
#9 Posted by The Stegman (25986 posts) - - Show Bio
@higher_evolutionary:  
 
T.O is a genius level scientist/engineer who built Red Tornado 
 
 
as for the battle i personally think Morrow is one of the smartest people in the DCU, he's definately one of the best engineers along with Pro.Ivo and Will Magnus, so who's smarter, i dunno, maybe a tie. 
 
 
and the battle itself i'm tempted to say a tie as well, it's always hard to judge a battle between two prepers cause they can always out prep one another 
 
Ironman uses his armor 
 
Morrow builds an advanced EMP device 
 
Ironman makes his armor immune to EMP 
 
Morrow creates Red Tornado-esqe androids also immune to EMP to go in 
 
so on and so forth  
#10 Edited by Dernman (15706 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Iron Man.    TT has created to many androids that turned on him.

Online
#11 Posted by entropy_aegis (15438 posts) - - Show Bio

People should more about Morrow,Ivo,Sivana,Terrific,Magnus,Savage,Kobra,Lex etc.These are DC's true geniuses,not some hacks like Mr Freeze or Riddler.

#12 Posted by Dex_Starr (4754 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

People should more about Morrow,Ivo,Sivana,Terrific,Magnus,Savage,Kobra,Lex etc.These are DC's true geniuses,not some hacks like Mr Freeze or Riddler.

I like Riddler though.

#13 Posted by entropy_aegis (15438 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hohenheim_of_light said:

@entropy_aegis said:

People should more about Morrow,Ivo,Sivana,Terrific,Magnus,Savage,Kobra,Lex etc.These are DC's true geniuses,not some hacks like Mr Freeze or Riddler.

I like Riddler though.

He's overrated.

#14 Posted by Dernman (15706 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:

@Hohenheim_of_light said:

@entropy_aegis said:

People should more about Morrow,Ivo,Sivana,Terrific,Magnus,Savage,Kobra,Lex etc.These are DC's true geniuses,not some hacks like Mr Freeze or Riddler.

I like Riddler though.

He's overrated.

Mr Freeze is a genius just not on their lvl. Riddler is very smart it's just his smarts is in a different direction then scientific.
Online
#15 Posted by entropy_aegis (15438 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Hohenheim_of_light said:

@entropy_aegis said:

People should more about Morrow,Ivo,Sivana,Terrific,Magnus,Savage,Kobra,Lex etc.These are DC's true geniuses,not some hacks like Mr Freeze or Riddler.

I like Riddler though.

He's overrated.

Mr Freeze is a genius just not on their lvl. Riddler is very smart it's just his smarts is in a different direction then scientific.

It's just that his smarts are virtually useless.

#16 Posted by Dernman (15706 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:

@Dernman said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Hohenheim_of_light said:

@entropy_aegis said:

People should more about Morrow,Ivo,Sivana,Terrific,Magnus,Savage,Kobra,Lex etc.These are DC's true geniuses,not some hacks like Mr Freeze or Riddler.

I like Riddler though.

He's overrated.

Mr Freeze is a genius just not on their lvl. Riddler is very smart it's just his smarts is in a different direction then scientific.

It's just that his smarts are virtually useless.

Unless you want to unravel a mystery. I would also say commit a crime and get away with it but the clues he leaves behind  on purpose always negates his brilliants in that area.
Online
#17 Posted by entropy_aegis (15438 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Dernman said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Hohenheim_of_light said:

@entropy_aegis said:

People should more about Morrow,Ivo,Sivana,Terrific,Magnus,Savage,Kobra,Lex etc.These are DC's true geniuses,not some hacks like Mr Freeze or Riddler.

I like Riddler though.

He's overrated.

Mr Freeze is a genius just not on their lvl. Riddler is very smart it's just his smarts is in a different direction then scientific.

It's just that his smarts are virtually useless.

Unless you want to unravel a mystery. I would also say commit a crime and get away with it but the clues he leaves behind on purpose always negates his brilliants in that area.

I have yet to be impressed by the Riddler,i have read most of his post-crisis books and the only time i found him badass was in LOTDK Riddle me that.Outside of that he's a jobber.

#18 Posted by Dernman (15706 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:

@Dernman said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Dernman said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Hohenheim_of_light said:

@entropy_aegis said:

People should more about Morrow,Ivo,Sivana,Terrific,Magnus,Savage,Kobra,Lex etc.These are DC's true geniuses,not some hacks like Mr Freeze or Riddler.

I like Riddler though.

He's overrated.

Mr Freeze is a genius just not on their lvl. Riddler is very smart it's just his smarts is in a different direction then scientific.

It's just that his smarts are virtually useless.

Unless you want to unravel a mystery. I would also say commit a crime and get away with it but the clues he leaves behind on purpose always negates his brilliants in that area.

I have yet to be impressed by the Riddler,i have read most of his post-crisis books and the only time i found him badass was in LOTDK Riddle me that.Outside of that he's a jobber.

Well I'm not going to argue with you about his bad@ssness because I never really was a fan of his and whatever chance I had of becoming a fan was ruin by Jim Carrey. 
Online
#19 Posted by MikeHunt (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't T.O.Morrow make Amazo or am I thinking of something else?

#20 Posted by entropy_aegis (15438 posts) - - Show Bio

@MikeHunt said:

Didn't T.O.Morrow make Amazo or am I thinking of something else?

That was Ivo.

#21 Posted by TifaLockhart (14157 posts) - - Show Bio

They collaborated and created Tomorrow Woman though.

And Riddler's stock went up in my opinion. His portrayal during Hush impressed me at least.

#22 Posted by entropy_aegis (15438 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

They collaborated and created Tomorrow Woman though.

And Riddler's stock went up in my opinion. His portrayal during Hush impressed me at least.

Sorry but Hush was stupid,there are tons of plotholes,Riddler was just shoehorned at the end of the story.I'm tired right now but when i'm feeling it i will point out some flaws of Hush from the top of my head.

#23 Posted by TifaLockhart (14157 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: Sorry to go off on a tangent, but that's what I'm saying about inter-company crossovers. JLAvengers was a good story, but it isn't admissible. Apokolips Now was a horrible story, yet it stands as canon.

#24 Edited by entropy_aegis (15438 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

@entropy_aegis: Sorry to go off on a tangent, but that's what I'm saying about inter-company crossovers. JLAvengers was a good story, but it isn't admissible. Apokolips Now was a horrible story, yet it stands as canon.

What does this have to do with Hush?it was'nt horrible but it was'nt good either.It's an enjoyable ride but as a mystery and character study it falls apart massively.

For eg,how did Riddler discover the lazarus pit and cured himself?the pits were on the verge of extinction with Bane blowing them up left ,right and centre,and Bane was actually tracking them down throughout the globe.Edward just found a pit in his garden and he meets Tommy(who hates Bruce) and decides to ruin Batman.The starting of this arc was shockingly bad,Batman was so badly injured after a fall that he had to call some long lost friend of his?not buying it,he has survived similar experiences with minor to no injuries(KG beast,Deadshot) and others much worse without having to call some outside help.Poison Ivy's involvement still does'nt make sense,what did she gain outta it?another pointless Clayface was created to act as a plot device and a cover up(because the other 7 versions clearly lacked something).Harvey gets his face stiched off panel and then decides to become a good guy,Joker and Ra's were only there to get their asses kicked(in other words they were mary suing Hush).Batman also apprehended Riddler halfway through the story and never even bothered to interrogate him,Hush was'nt even a character,he was just a fancy outfit.Loeb orignally wanted Jason Todd to be Hush,then switched his mind and gave us Elliot and then realizing that no one cares about that guy he gave us Riddler.Jason/Clayface and Harvey wore the Hush outfit before Tommy did,hell when Clayface/Jason wore it he had the R insignia but that same costume was worn by Hush had the H insignia(facepalm).Batman kidnaps and Talia and Ra's for some goddamn reason is pissed about it,Lady Shiva was oneshotted.Hush is perfect for a video game,it has the typical Jeph Loeb style of having an established villian in every issue until we fight the big boss.It's becomes even more stupider when you add Judd Winick's retcons to the orignal story.

The mere involvement of Clayface destroys any pretense of a mystery story.

I'll never understand why it gets so much praise.

#25 Posted by MrDirector786 (43641 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

They collaborated and created Tomorrow Woman though.

And Riddler's stock went up in my opinion. His portrayal during Hush impressed me at least.

Sorry but Hush was stupid,there are tons of plotholes,Riddler was just shoehorned at the end of the story.I'm tired right now but when i'm feeling it i will point out some flaws of Hush from the top of my head.

Yeah, I thought Hush was confusing. The only thing I really liked about it was Jim Lee's artwork. The story itself was all over the place. Then again, it was written by Loeb so it's no surprise it had so many plotholes.

#26 Posted by entropy_aegis (15438 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrDirector786 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

They collaborated and created Tomorrow Woman though.

And Riddler's stock went up in my opinion. His portrayal during Hush impressed me at least.

Sorry but Hush was stupid,there are tons of plotholes,Riddler was just shoehorned at the end of the story.I'm tired right now but when i'm feeling it i will point out some flaws of Hush from the top of my head.

Yeah, I thought Hush was confusing. The only thing I really liked about it was Jim Lee's artwork. The story itself was all over the place. Then again, it was written by Loeb so it's no surprise it had so many plotholes.

Classic Loeb.

#27 Posted by beatboks1 (7522 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to say Stark wins this. Whilst T.O. Morow is a genius he's had a lot of failures. His only realy notable achievements were Red Tornado, Tomorrow Woman, and his future viewer. With Tomorrow Woman he was helped by Ivo. With Red Tornado the reverse enginered android had a major flaw. It was such a major flaw that all his attempts to recreate him failed. The only reason Reddy himself was successful was because the android was possessed by an air elemental who wanted to experience humanoid life.

#28 Posted by Needlebay (1966 posts) - - Show Bio

TO Morrow gets my vote. His understanding of science impresses me more.