#1 Posted by Dailyukulele (201 posts) - - Show Bio

All four of the Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles are seeking out Shredder for revenge when all of a sudden they see who they think to be as Shredder himself in a silhouette upon a building, as the Turtles surround the hooded figure, they realize it isn't Shredder but Taskmaster. Equipped with only his sword, the Taskmaster looks around him and decides that these four are a threat to his well being. Who takes it?

Battle Scars #1

VS
#2 Posted by tomdickharry1984 (834 posts) - - Show Bio

Turtles buit Donatelo dies and Michealangelo loses a hand/eye :P

#3 Posted by Killemall (18296 posts) - - Show Bio

One on One i would favour Taskmaster over the turtles, 4 on 1 turtles FTW!

#4 Posted by Bruce27 (494 posts) - - Show Bio

Turtles take this.

#5 Posted by Sega_Shaman (367 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster's pretty good at fighting groups though. Still, if he only has his sword, he'll be limited in his combat. Although I could see him getting a trash can lid and making like a hobo Captain America.

#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio

The Turtles would crush Taskmaster.

#7 Posted by Kinasin_ (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

#8 Posted by Erik (31693 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

All versions of the Turtles?

#9 Posted by Bruce27 (494 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@Vance Astro said:

I'd say the comic version of them would.

#10 Posted by Erik (31693 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bruce27 said:

@Erik said:

@Vance Astro said:

Which comic version? There are at least 3 as far as I know.

#11 Posted by k4tzm4n (36465 posts) - - Show Bio

Current IDW Turtles lose.

Staff
#12 Posted by Bruce27 (494 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@Bruce27 said:

@Erik said:

@Vance Astro said:

Which comic version? There are at least 3 as far as I know.

The original black and white version. They were vicious, and didn't hesitate to kill.

#13 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik said:

@Vance Astro said:

I'm talking about the Mirage comics version.
#14 Posted by Erik (31693 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Current IDW Turtles lose.

I was thinking the same thing.

#15 Posted by k4tzm4n (36465 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik: They're good, but they've done nothing to place them above a 4-5 range in fighting skill. Shredder, who would disputably be a 6, dominated Leonardo. Yes, Leo wasn't at his best, but he humiliateeeeeeed him. IDW Turtles give it their all, but Taskmaster should take it.

Staff
#16 Posted by UNIQUE69 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@Erik: They're good, but they've done nothing to place them above a 4-5 range in fighting skill. Shredder, who would disputably be a 6, dominated Leonardo. Yes, Leo wasn't at his best, but he humiliateeeeeeed him. IDW Turtles give it their all, but Taskmaster should take it.

No Turtles should win. even though shredder has beaten them.

#17 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@UNIQUE69 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Taskmaster would destroy Shredder.
#18 Posted by UNIQUE69 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@UNIQUE69 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Taskmaster would destroy Shredder.

Agreed. Taskmaster is more skilled too and shredder was more skilled than the turtles so yeah.

#19 Posted by Bleeble (44 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster puts up a good fight, but four turtles is too many.

#20 Posted by SirMethos (1321 posts) - - Show Bio

Mirage Turtles stomps.

With pretty much all other versions, Taskmaster has a decent chance of winning.

#21 Posted by Strider92 (16154 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Gotta say I agree with this.

#22 Posted by CrimsonCake (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#23 Posted by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

TMNT of course.

#24 Posted by Doombot_666 (213 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster is a better fighter than any one of the Turtles, but they have a numbers advantage, and they aren't cannon fodder. The original 1984 version of TMNT would beat Taskmaster because of their numbers advantage and because they don't have any issues with killing, but the picture in the OP is not of the original Turtles (they all wore red). The current IDW Turtles are, to my knowledge, less skilled and less likely to kill, so I think Taskmaster's skill at fighting multiple opponents would help him win.

#25 Posted by k4tzm4n (36465 posts) - - Show Bio

@Doombot_666: True, but they also barely overcame Shredder. Personally, I believe Taskmaster is not only superior to Shredder in skill, but also better equipped (sword, shield, bow/arrow, etc...disregarding Shredder's grenade since he only used it as a last resort of course).

Staff
#26 Posted by Doombot_666 (213 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: I'd be inclined to agree that Taskmaster is a better fighter than Shredder because of his kinetic memory and his mastery of multiple fighting styles, but fighting skill is kind of hard to gauge compared to other, more quantifiable factors and knowing multiple styles doesn't necessarily make one a better fighter, so it's debatable. It doesn't really matter anyway, because I'm coming at this from the standpoint that we're talking about the current IDW Turtles, not the originals, and I think curent TMNT would lose.

#27 Posted by Doombot_666 (213 posts) - - Show Bio

I just thought of another pro-Taskmaster argument: When the Turtles (in any incarnation) fought Shredder, they were fighting an opponent with a similar fighting style (the Ninjutsu of the Foot Clan). Taskmaster would come at the Turtles with techniques they've never seen before as well as their own moves. I don't think it's a huge game-changer because the human (or humanoid) body can only move in so many ways, but gives another advantage to Taskmaster.

#28 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

#29 Posted by _Philosoraptor_ (122 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this would be a great fight, depending on which version of TMNT, but if its the killing turtles of the comics, they will probably win easily, they are skilled, use great teamwork, individually stronger than Taskmaster and even though Taskmaster can win because he is a much better fighter.. I just can't see him taking them all at once.    Some versions of the Turtles would get stomped though.

#30 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17355 posts) - - Show Bio

The TMNT take this

#31 Posted by tparks (4375 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#32 Posted by Wolverine08 (38919 posts) - - Show Bio

Turtle Power for the win!

#33 Posted by Funsiized (3586 posts) - - Show Bio

Turtles.

#34 Posted by tparks (4375 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm thinking the Turtles can take this, but I'm not counting Tasky out. He is a master of so many styles of fighting, and Splinter proved that the turtles struggle against opponents who have a multitude of fighting styles to switch between. This would be a very good fight, but I think this is about dead even. 5/10 for both.

#35 Posted by GraniteSoldier (7033 posts) - - Show Bio

1v1 I think Taskmaster could likely beat any of the turtles. All of them are still very young and still clearly need to continue their training. As a team? They should be able to overcome Taskmaster. Taskmaster is a virtual master of nearly any martial art ever used against him, and since Ninjitsu is so damn common in comics I definitely think he knows it. This limits the turtles because he has great knowledge and skill than they do. But their numbers and team tactics are very good, even for such young fighters.

Turtles win, but they suffer casualties.

#36 Posted by Pipxeroth (500 posts) - - Show Bio

1v1 I think Taskmaster could likely beat any of the turtles. All of them are still very young and still clearly need to continue their training. As a team? They should be able to overcome Taskmaster. Taskmaster is a virtual master of nearly any martial art ever used against him, and since Ninjitsu is so damn common in comics I definitely think he knows it. This limits the turtles because he has great knowledge and skill than they do. But their numbers and team tactics are very good, even for such young fighters.

Turtles win, but they suffer casualties.

Very true

#37 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (4696 posts) - - Show Bio

Turtles.