@glubgluby: Wolverine is a top martial arts master

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Wolverine008

Team Marvel for a strong majority. Daredevil, Captain America, and Wolverine by themselves are all in a couple of tiers above anyone on the IDW team skill wise and would be enough to defeat them all.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@darkbeam: Wait, what? When was he a martial arts master?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Really? I'm not that big into street-levelers, but he never seemed to be that kind of guy

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wolverine008

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk:

Yes, he is. He has mastered every martial art on the planet (including 28 forms of kung fu, aikido, bujutsu, kenjutsu, etc.) knows all the pressure points on the human and alien bodies (He dropped Captain America and the 50+ tonner Kid Gladiator with pressure point attacks.), has beaten Iron Fist one on one in a pure H2H fight, dropped Shang Chi in three pages in a pure H2H fight, lolstomped Captain America in Origins by Daniel Way despite having a healing factor that was barely working due to exhaustion from fighting for days without rest and Steve having the advantage of surprise, was holding the edge on Captain America in their fight during AvX until he got punched out of the Shield healcarrier they were on by Giant Man, curbstomped his highly skilled son Daken in Uncanny X-Force once he stopped holding back, beat Mister X, etc.

Along with people lime Iron Fist, Captain America, etc. the argument can be made for Logan being the most skilled fighter in the Marvel Universe.

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Team Marvel take this in a hard fight.

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Impressive. I always thought his fighting style was called "GRAAAAHHR SLASH SLASH".

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wolverine008

@jokergeist:

His master Po noted during Manifest Destiny that despite being a highly skilled fighter and having an extremely effective fighting style, Logan realty isn't that graceful while fighting, so I can see how you would view him like that. LOL.

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: He's not exactly an elegant gazelle prancing in a prairie.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gracetrack

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk said:

@wolverine08: Really? I'm not that big into street-levelers, but he never seemed to be that kind of guy

It's because typically... despite what is known about his martial arts skill in the comics... Wolverine is often shown reverting to his "berserker mode" of attack, and he tends to fallback on his mutant powers rather than his martial arts skills. This fact is also known and stated about him in the comics.

But yes, he is a master martial artist, as Wolverine08 and Darkbeam have already said. We just don't see this aspect of Wolverine on the comics pages as much as we see the "Grrr! I'm going to charge at you with claws slashing in a fenzy" Wolverine.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Team Marvel for a strong majority. Daredevil, Captain America, and Wolverine by themselves are all in a couple of tiers above anyone on the IDW team skill wise and would be enough to defeat them all.

I'd argue that Splinter, Shredder, and maybe Karai are up there with these three as far as skill goes. Although DD has his sonar, and Cap and Wolverine might as well be superhuman in physicals.

The numbers advantage team IDW has should even this out.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Wolverine008

It's because typically... despite what is known about his martial arts skill in the comics... Wolverine is often shown reverting to his "berserker mode" of attack, and he tends to fallback on his mutant powers rather than his martial arts skills. This fact is also known and stated about him in the comics.

But yes, he is a master martial artist, as Wolverine08 and Darkbeam have already said. We just don't see this aspect of Wolverine on the comics pages as much as we see the "Grrr! I'm going to charge at you with claws slashing in a fenzy" Wolverine.

I think it's just that when Logan meets people below him skill wise (fodder, etc.) he just reverts to hacking and slashing. He usually busts out the world class fighting skill when he's confronted by fellow top tier fighters. Different from other martial artists on his level like Batman whom use their martial arts skill against fodder, top tier fighters, etc. all the time. Really, Logan just gets lazy with applying his skill and his fighting skill's rep can suffer among people who have superficial knowledge of him due to that.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@wolverine08 said:

I'd argue that Splinter, Shredder, and maybe Karai are up there with these three as far as skill goes. Although DD has his sonar, and Cap and Wolverine might as well be superhuman in physicals.

The numbers advantage team IDW has should even this out.

Eh, not really. I'm a big fan of the IDW TMNT, but their lack of time in comics combined with their lack of feats make calling them equals to people like Wolverine, Daredevil, and Captain America with such extensive histories of skill a large stretch IMO.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Fair enough. That seems to be the majority opinion of people on this site, but I tend to disagree. They don't have an abundance of feats, but they have quite a few now and the ones they have are at the level of top tier characters. I'm only talking Splinter and Shredder here, not the turtles. Karai is up there too, but I'll wait on calling her a top tier just yet.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnicrono said:

I think it's just that when Logan meets people below him skill wise (fodder, etc.) he just reverts to hacking and slashing. He usually busts out the world class fighting skill when he's confronted by fellow top tier fighters. Different from other martial artists on his level like Batman whom use their martial arts skill against fodder, top tier fighters, etc. all the time. Really, Logan just gets lazy with applying his skill and his fighting skill's rep can suffer among people who have superficial knowledge of him due to that.

I agree. :)

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: The IDW universe is definitely skilled. Splinter was already showing that he knows a plethora of martial arts styles in TMNT #21. Shredder was dropping a whole legion of warriors in Secret History of the Foot Clan #1. Once the IDW editorial starts getting really in depth with their training, use of pressure points, more feats, etc. A succulent argument can be made for them being in the same tier as top fighters in DC or Marvel.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Splinter already has used pressure points in TMNT #21, but I do see your point.

trilljay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tmnt stomps if it werent for wolverines healing tho marvel would win

lukespeedblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel team rolls over them.

Saiyan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What Marvel and TMNT series

1980's series Marvel Team wins mid difficulty

2003 series TMNT could win in a good fight

2012 series Marvel team wins from martial arts mastery uses

Movie TMNT vs Marvel comics that the TMNT are too strong and Moon Knight and Wolverine needs healing factor and lunar factor for team to win but the Turtles win that fight

detacude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: He was trained by a few masters but mostly Ogun who also trained Kitty Pryde but in your defense there was a long period where he relied on his healing factor to much and just ran into battle instead of using his technique to the point where marvel had to get him brush up classes with Master Po to get back into the way of things

detacude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it would come down to something like this

Leonardo+Cassy Jones Vs Moonknight

Michel, Donatello, Raphael Vs DareDevil

Alopex+Old Hob Vs Elektra

Karai Vs Wolverine

Shredder Vs Shang Chi

Splinter Vs Captain America

Overall I see Marvel winning but all of these matches were SUPER close and I could easily see people thinking they would go differently, as for me .. MARVEL WINS

tariq2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By tariq2016

splinter beat up batman and even shredder did that too so they would be a challenge