Ting (Ong Bak) vs. Captain America (Movie)

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

#1  Edited By Joygirl

Ting (from Nong Pradu)

No Caption Provided

vs.

Captain America

No Caption Provided

----------------------

- Ting from Ong Bak: The Thai Warrior

- Captain America from Captain America: The First Avenger/The Avengers.

- Cap gets his suit and his shield, and five minutes prep.

- Ting gets his wraps, his magic herb, adamantium tonfa, and ten minutes prep.

- In character.

- Battle takes place here:

No Caption Provided

- Start five yards apart.

- Win by death or KO.

-------------------------------

For more of my battles, click here!

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'd say... Cap. Shield gives him the advantage

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iheartzombies92: Remember that Ting has his magic herb here. Remember how hard he f***stomped the steroid guy after taking that?

Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Stompa

I say skill beats shield and Ting is a badass fighter.

IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: True, but if Cap uses the shield correctly, not even the most powerful of Ting's attacks would hurt him - remember how Thor's hammer was unable to break it in The Avengers?

However, Ting is a lot more skilled than movie Cap, so if he times his hits, he could win. But for now, I am still going with Cap.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Yeah, good point with the Tonfa. But the shield absorbs all energy, so it would simply take the momentum of Ting's blow away.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Joygirl

@iheartzombies92: Yeah, it just lets them fight evenly without Cap having a huge equipment advantage. Both tonfa and shield can be used to attack or block.

IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Sure, but I don't believe Adamantium has the same energy-blocking properties as Vibranium. It can just cut through more or less anything. But the problem is, in pure hand-to-hand, Cap's only advantage is his enhanced stats. He is less skilled than Ting by far.

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@joygirl: I feel like mentioning the name of the movie in the title would make it easier for people to tell who your talking about

also, Ting wins via fire-legs

Loading Video...

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Joygirl

@joygirl: I feel like mentioning the name of the movie in the title would make it easier for people to tell who your talking about

Fiiiiien.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

im leaning towards cap. far superior stats and a shield that doubles as an offensive weapon.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperlight: Ting w/ herb has psychotic stats. And remember that he has adamantium tonfa here.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Tonfa is a sh*t-@$$ weapon. I've trained with it in my many years of martial arts experience, and it's a movie wonder. Like nunchucks, it's flashy without substance. It's good defensively, but doesn't offer much else.

Anyways, on to this fight. Ting is hardcore, and Ong-Bak is one of my favorite modern day martial arts flicks. Tony Jaa makes Muay Thai look flashy and awesome, something I never thought could be done. I'd definitely give Ting the skill edge compared to movie Cap. However, I do not think his herb will put him at Cap's level. I mean, if steroids put that guy Ting fought near Cap's level...well what the hell would Cap need a super-soldier serum for? The herb will help, but it won't put him quite at Cap's physical level.

The main difference maker is the weapons. In straight hand to hand, I think I'd give Ting a slight edge. But Cap's shield is just as effective offensively as defensively. Ting's tonfa, unfortunately, does not have the same versatility. I also don't think Ting would expect the rebounds from the shield, and that Cap is capable of such a feat. Ting would think he's dodged the shield and it ricochets off the wall and catches him from behind, giving Cap an opening. With weapons, I give Cap a slim majority, without, Ting gets a slim majority. They are both fairly balanced and could put the other down so it's hard to favor one heavily over the other.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Joygirl

@granitesoldier: Remember that Ting HAD tonfa, normal wood ones, and he was a boss with them. He didn't flip them or anything, he just used them to block and elbow people's heads in half. He also had outrageous durability, he got both of his forearms cut down to the bone, then proceeded on to the main battle.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@joygirl:

Like I said, hard to favor one over the other.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Nelomaxwell

Ting Knees him into a kitchen sink.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems to me that this one is an attempt at spite. We give a guy with the skill advantage a unbreakable weapon and magic herbs to try and equalize the stats. Dirty pool.

But for reasons Granite said, I agree with him. One hit from that shield and bones would be broken. A richochet from some random angle does more then set Ting up for follow up. It breaks him and ends the battle.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magic herbs? I don't remember those herbs being mystical at all. Ting spat it on himself to dull the pain, then he roped his arms and owned that steroid amped fella.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahhh!!! Huge Tony Jaa fan here and I'm someone who'll defend Thailand to the death. Love that place but Cap takes it. Superhuman. Took hits from the son of a Frost Giant who was dog-piled by Hulk but was still relatively okay, outrageous strength and durability. Cap takes the majority. But it's not gonna be a stomp.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Tony Jaa's feats from The Protector severely overshadow those from Ong-Bak, just saying ;) Oh, and steroids don't give you durability nor an instant strength boost :P Dude was probably amped on massive amounts of adrenaline if anything.

Tony without a doubt possesses the skill and arguably combat speed advantage, but he lacks both the strength to get past Cap's shield and to take him out in my opinion.