• 90 results
#1 Edited by GhostRider29 (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey folks! I'm in a tournament kind of mood.

This tournament you get to choose three people to represent you. Please read the types of people that you must select and rules. The three types of people you choose are:

1 Powerhouse: You have to have one person that can be considered your powerhouse. This person has to be able to whip out some serious damage. This person should be physically the strongest and most durable person on your team. He/she'll be the tank of the group. The one that'll most likely take the most damage. So make sure that he or she can handle it.

Limits for your powerhouse: This person needs to be 90 tons or higher in strength. Marvel's limit on how powerful(Not strength, power) the being can be is Silver Surfer. Anyone pass him is not okay. Limit in DC is Super-man. Anyone pass him is not okay. Characters such as Dr. Strange, Raven, Dr. Fate, Dr. Doom, or anyone like them are not allowed. Characters such as Thor, Hulk, Super-man, Wonder-woman, and such are the kind that you should look for.

1 Leader: This person leads the three. He/she is not only the leader, but should be a least decent at prep, planning, and tactics. If they're not good at those, then it might back fire. Since this person is the one in command... he/she should be able to come up with tactics and prep work. No one else on the team is allowed to help with prep or even share their tactics.

Limits for your Leader: Leaders have no Strength limit. Power wise can't surpass in Marvel Silver Surfer, in DC Super-man, as stated before. This person should be wise in Tactics, prep, and such. Characters such as Hulk, Juggernaut, or any others like them would be a horrible idea. You can chose them, but I would NOT suggest it. This character can NOT surpass the Powerhouse in Strength.

Your choice: Now here is the fun part. Other than the no powerful than SS in Marvel and Super-man in DC, you can choose whoever you want. Try to make this person a character that'd work well as a team. Remember, this is a team effort. Characters such as Hulk, Thor, Dr. Strange, Super-man, Black Adam or any others that are allowed. There really is only two limits, one that was already stated and the one below.

Limits: The power limit for the comics like stated before, and this person CAN'T be physically stronger than your Powerhouse.

Rulez!:

1. Only Marvel and DC.
  2. Be nice. This is for fun. If anyone ever harasses, trolls, name calling, picks on or tries to start fights with others will be kicked out of the tournament and flagged. I will NOT allow any kind of rude or mean behavior.
  3. If I say a character is not allowed or is already picked, don't freak out. Just pick another person, or stay out of the tournament. Your choice.
  4. If you pick someone, but your team is not allowed. You're not counted in. So if someone after you picks that same person but that team is allowed, you lose that person. I'm sorry, I know it can suck, but fair is fair. If you can't make a team right the first time, it's anyone's game for those characters.
  5. Characters are not allowed to be re-picked. But you may have different versions depending on the actual versions.
  6. I'm not always on. I work fifty hours a week. So if you don't get a response right away, don't freak out. It'll be okay kiddo's.
  7. Like stated before, no one beyond Silver Surfer in Marvel and Superman in DC.
  8. My goal at starting this tournament will be 8 people. But if more participate, then it'll move to 16. Then 24. And so on.
  9. I get to pick my team first. I'm running the tournament and setting everything up. So I want to pick my own team. Don't worry, it'll only be the hardest team to beat. ;)
  10. Any flash like character or Zoom is not allowed in the tournament. They beat everyone. It's really just not fair. Sorry nickthedevil. ;)
  11. Remember that this is a team effort. If you have people like say, Lobo, GhostRider, and Wonder-women... How in the heck would they work together?? Lol So if I don't see how your team would work together, I wont allow it.
  12. If the character is very unfamiliar, post links when you make your team. I'll make sure that I can allow them.
  13. You win by debating for your team. Just like any other normal tournament. Team with the most votes win.
  14. All characters have standard gear. Current for Marvel, unless request(Like say if you want Hercules, you can get him with his powers instead of his human form), Pre-52 for DC.
  15. BFR will not be in this tournament. I hate that way of winning.
  16. Most importantly... have fun.

Now I'll post my team. It'll not only be my team, but an example of how to make a team that works.

My team:

Powerhouse: Thor. He is not only a great powerhouse choice, but he also has a great power set. He's a perfect example of a powerhouse.

Leader: Iron Man. He's a perfect choice for a leader. He's one of Marvel's best Prepping characters of all time. He can make an extremely powerful suit(Bleeding Edge always comes to mind). He has lead teams before, and can be quite powerful.

My Pick: Ghost Rider(Johnny). Just by knowing my name, you'd probably knew who I was going to pick as my third character. All though both Iron Man and Thor are not completely innocent, Ghost Rider has been known to work with Heroes before. If I could make a team that would work in this situation, I'd pick Wolverine and Punisher to work with him. But they'd get destroyed in this tournament or I would. Ghost Rider is a very mixed person to have. He has some strength, extremely durable, and can only be taken out by magical means. Physically he may not be that powerful, but physical attacks wont really work on him.

So here's my team. They have some flaws. One character doesn't have flight, another one relies on a suit, and I have almost no speed on my team. But it'll be tough to beat. Think that YOU can create a good solid team that can handle mine and many others? Well try it. See what happens. ;)

#2 Posted by beatboks1 (7227 posts) - - Show Bio

@GhostRider29: Why do people choosing Marvel Characters get an advantage? Just asking because Surfer is more powerful than Superman.

My team (first Choice)

Powerhouse - Orion (DC)

Leader - Vril Dox

My Choice - Amazingman

#3 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

I choose: Powerhouse: The Sentry, I know there are others that are stronger, but he also has reality warping powers and matter control. Leader: I choose Brianiac 5, he is incredibile smart and the ultimate planner depending on which version you choose. Not to mention he can hold his own in a fight. My Choice: The Flash, he fits into the guidelines made out and he is a rediculous powersource with his speed and his other abilities.

#4 Posted by GhostRider29 (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

@GhostRider29: Why do people choosing Marvel Characters get an advantage? Just asking because Surfer is more powerful than Superman.

My team (first Choice)

Powerhouse - Orion (DC)

Leader - Vril Dox

My Choice - Amazingman

To be honest, it's only because I can't think of anyone better than Super-man that isn't too powerful in DC.

Also, you're in. Good choice with Amazing Man. I like him.

List of people taken:

• Thor
  • Iron Man
  • Ghost Rider(Johnny)
  • Orion
  • Vril Dox
  • Amazing Man
#5 Edited by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

Powerhouse:Beta Ray Bill Thor

Leader:Mr. Fantastic

Choice: Alan Scott(if not Alan Scott then Kyle Rayner)

#6 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@GhostRider29: Been a while since I've joined a tournament by you!

Powerhouse/Leader/Special

#7 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

POWERHOUSE

LEADER

MY CHOICE

#8 Posted by acer51 (2237 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman one million

Hulk

Spiderman

#9 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

Powerhouse: Beta Ray Bill

Leader: Thor

My Choice: Superman

#10 Posted by beatboks1 (7227 posts) - - Show Bio

@GhostRider29 said:

Also, you're in. Good choice with Amazing Man. I like him.

I thought so. He gives me the chance to play with a wide array of powersets (one at a time of course) from say plasticman/Mr Fantastic (by touching rubber), strong brick (by touching metal/ wood/stone), magnetic (by touching a magnet or electro magnet) as well as absorbing the powers of anyone he can get near enough to lay hands on. The second AM actually absorbed the blasts fired at him once for energy and the third changed to metal from a bullet shot at him.

#11 Posted by beatboks1 (7227 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer said:

You may want to re-pick these two, you missed out on both v v

@GhostRider29 said:

4. Characters are not allowed to be re-picked. But you may have different versions depending on the actual versions.

My team:

Powerhouse: Thor. He is not only a great powerhouse choice, but he also has a great power set. He's a perfect example of a powerhouse.

@joeagentofhand1 said:

#12 Edited by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. powerhouse:red hulk
  2. leader:prof X (mind control red hulk just in case)
  3. gladiator

Hulk #18

Gladiator
#13 Edited by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: actually

Powerhouse: Superman

Leader Martian Manhunter

My Choice: Silver Surfer

Ok?

#14 Edited by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

My team :D

Powerhouse: Rachel Grey

Leader: Quasar

Other: Meggan

#15 Posted by beatboks1 (7227 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer said:

@beatboks1: oh ok. If I'm not getting Thor I'm out.

There's always alternate versions. Ultimates Thor, Eric Masterson /Thunderstrike ??

#16 Edited by greenteaforme (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman w/ full possible gear (Gauntlets of Atlas, Hephaestus-forged sword, etc.)

Storm

Jean Grey w/ full Phoenix Force

I assumed you meant characters can't be more physically powerful than Surfer. If a full PF Jean is too strong, give her a fragment of the PF.

If WW with Gauntlets are too strong, you can take them out. I'd prefer she had them, though.

#17 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: i edited team:

@The_Thunderer said:

Leader Martian Manhunter

Ok?

#18 Posted by greenteaforme (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer said:

@The_Thunderer said:

Leader Martian Manhunter

Ok?

You're going to win the tournament with that team for sure, since you basically have the most powerful possible options in every area.

Should just call the tournament now and name him the winner >_>

#19 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenteaforme: Please Do

#20 Posted by eatmore_payless (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

POWERHOUSE: Capt. Marvel

LEADER: Dr. faith

MY PICK: Monarch

#21 Posted by beatboks1 (7227 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenteaforme said:

@The_Thunderer said:

@The_Thunderer said:

Leader Martian Manhunter

Ok?

You're going to win the tournament with that team for sure, since you basically have the most powerful possible options in every area.

Should just call the tournament now and name him the winner >_>

My team can still take him ;D don't you worry.

#22 Posted by GhostRider29 (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

@They Killed Cap! said:

I choose: Powerhouse: The Sentry, I know there are others that are stronger, but he also has reality warping powers and matter control. Leader: I choose Brianiac 5, he is incredibile smart and the ultimate planner depending on which version you choose. Not to mention he can hold his own in a fight. My Choice: The Flash, he fits into the guidelines made out and he is a rediculous powersource with his speed and his other abilities.

The Flash is not allowed.

@The_Thunderer said:

My Choice: Superman

Thor can't be picked. Some could argue that Super-man is stronger than Beta Ray Bill, so he can't be your choice pick.

@beatboks1: To be honest, I'm a little upset that I forgot about him.

@clemj said:

1. powerhouse:red hulk
  2. leader:prof X (mind control red hulk just in case)
  3. gladiator

Hulk #18

Gladiator

Now I do believe Rulk is stronger than Gladiator. But if he isn't, he'd still be okay. I count Gladiator's confidence problem as a major flaw. So for the first time since beatbox, you're in.

@The_Thunderer said:

Leader Martian Manhunter

Ok?

That works, you can join.

@Backflip said:

My team :D

Powerhouse: Rachel Grey

Leader: Quasar

Other: Meggan

You're in. I don't think that I've ever had a problem with your teams lol.

@greenteaforme said:

Wonder Woman w/ full possible gear (Gauntlets of Atlas, Hephaestus-forged sword, etc.)

Storm

Jean Grey w/ full Phoenix Force

I assumed you meant characters can't be more physically powerful than Surfer. If a full PF Jean is too strong, give her a fragment of the PF.

If WW with Gauntlets are too strong, you can take them out. I'd prefer she had them, though.

I actually have a part where it says, (Not strength, power) but that's okay. It's hard to read. No more power than Surfer. I hate to say this, but I wont allow the Phoenix force in this. It's just too powerful. And Wonder-women will just come with standard gear.

@eatmore_payless said:

POWERHOUSE: Capt. Marvel

LEADER: Dr. faith

MY PICK: Monarch

Would Monarch work with Capt. Marvel? From what I seen he tried to rule the world? And who's Dr. Faith?

@joeagentofhand1 said:

Alan scott is too powerful. But with Kyle, you're in.

@RainEffect said:

@GhostRider29: Been a while since I've joined a tournament by you!

Powerhouse/Leader/Special

I know man, been a while! So would your first pick work with the other two? Remember, they'd have to work together.

@Sufferthorn said:

POWERHOUSE

LEADER

MY CHOICE

Juggernaut would not work with them.

@acer51 said:

Batman one million

Hulk

Spiderman

Who is who?

List of people taken:

• Thor
  • Iron Man
  • Ghost Rider(Johnny)
  • Orion
  • Vril Dox
  • Amazing Man
  • Beta Ray Bill
  • Mr. Fantastic
  • Kyle Rayner
  • Rachel Grey
  • Quasar
  • Meggan
  • Rulk
  • Proff. X
  • Gladiator
  • Super-man
  • Martian Manhunter
  • SIlver Surfer

Now I'm getting off, I'm sorry folks, but got work. I'll try to fix what ever chaotic mess this will get into while I'm gone. Lol

#23 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@GhostRider29: They all come from some kind of mystical/mythological background, and so they immediately have lots in common there. Also, Loki and Doctor Doom have worked together before, and I'm sure Diana wouldn't turn them away. As far as I'm concerned, Doom and Loki are villains, yes, but not in the 'destroy everything and enslave the universe' sort of way. They just have a point to prove.

So, yeah, this team stands.
#24 Posted by beatboks1 (7227 posts) - - Show Bio

@GhostRider29:

@joeagentofhand1 said:

Alan scott is too powerful. But with Kyle, you're in.

Then it's lucky i didn't pick my numero uno favorite character.

#25 Posted by Bo88gdan (4405 posts) - - Show Bio

POwerhouse:Hercules Leader :MODOK

My pick :Dr Manhattan

#26 Edited by Mr_Ingenuity (7521 posts) - - Show Bio

Power House: H/P Doomsday

Leader: Savior Cable

My Choice: New 52 Captain Atom

#27 Posted by EternalDecider (293 posts) - - Show Bio

Power House: No Void Sentry, if he's not applicable, i choose umm... Namor?

Leader: Black Panther with vibranium weapons

My Choice: Iceman?

#28 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bo88gdan said:

Shouldn't be allowed

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

HP Doomsday is way above Supes.. So again, shouldn't be allowed. Also, it's arguable that Captain Atom is above Doomsday anyway.. :/@beatboks1 said:

@greenteaforme said:

Leader Martian Manhunter

'

Again Martian Manhunter is far above Superman and Silver Surfer is again above Supes.

So yeah, that's 3 teams that shouldn't be allowed

#29 Posted by Bo88gdan (4405 posts) - - Show Bio
@Backflip said:

@Bo88gdan said:

Shouldn't be allowed

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

HP Doomsday is way above Supes.. So again, shouldn't be allowed. Also, it's arguable that Captain Atom is above Doomsday anyway.. :/@beatboks1 said:

@greenteaforme said:

Leader Martian Manhunter

'

Again Martian Manhunter is far above Superman and Silver Surfer is again above Supes.

So yeah, that's 3 teams that shouldn't be allowed @GhostRider29

why you think my team should not be allowed ? 
#30 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7521 posts) - - Show Bio

@Backflip: Can I pick different versions of the same characters.

#31 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Ingenuity: Normal Doomsday and Post-Crisis Atom should be fine, but the versions you're using should be way above the limit

@Bo88gdan: Because Manhatten's matter powers are arguably above Hercules' power levels. Note this is just my opinion and needs clarified by GhostRider29

#32 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7521 posts) - - Show Bio

@Backflip: You mean the one who put limits on him self. Because that one dominates.

As for Doomsday if Supes fought with the power of brain cells he could win.

#33 Posted by HigorM (3830 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by greenteaforme (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

@GhostRider29 Could she at least get her sword? (Wonder Woman)

And is a fragment of the PF too much, as well? She has just a small bit of the PF as part of her standard power setup for a while, too.

#35 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

when does it start?

#36 Posted by nickthedevil (12434 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Spawn as my powerhouse, Captain Cold as my Leader, and Redeemer (the third) as my third.

#37 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

@Backflip: You mean the one who put limits on him self. Because that one dominates.

As for Doomsday if Supes fought with the power of brain cells he could win.

Who puts limits on themselves?

Well tbf, Originally Superman beat Doomsday first time round.. even though it was a kind of pyrric victory :P

#38 Posted by RIKR2 (10915 posts) - - Show Bio

juggernaut, ultron, nova (richard rider)

#39 Posted by ozeol (507 posts) - - Show Bio
Reed Richards
#40 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7521 posts) - - Show Bio

@Backflip: Superman, Thor, Silver Surfer, & pretty much any global character in DC.

#41 Posted by RIKR2 (10915 posts) - - Show Bio

new team: Colossus with gem of cyttorak, ultron, nova (richard rider)

#42 Posted by Z3RO180 (6547 posts) - - Show Bio

@GhostRider29:I yhink you mean iron man not ares couse the description you tyed was for iron man

#43 Posted by GhostRider29 (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

@GhostRider29: They all come from some kind of mystical/mythological background, and so they immediately have lots in common there. Also, Loki and Doctor Doom have worked together before, and I'm sure Diana wouldn't turn them away. As far as I'm concerned, Doom and Loki are villains, yes, but not in the 'destroy everything and enslave the universe' sort of way. They just have a point to prove. So, yeah, this team stands.

Okay works for me. You're in.

@Backflip said:

@Mr_Ingenuity: Normal Doomsday and Post-Crisis Atom should be fine, but the versions you're using should be way above the limit

@Bo88gdan: Because Manhatten's matter powers are arguably above Hercules' power levels. Note this is just my opinion and needs clarified by GhostRider29

Manhatten is not Dc, and Hercules wouldn't work with that team. So You're right. On both of them as well. Normal Doomsday is the only one I'd allow. But I do gotta say I will allow Martian Manhunter, and in Marvel Silver Surfer is the limit. So he's allowed as well.

@nickthedevil: @ozeol: Your teams are not allowed.

@greenteaforme said:

@GhostRider29 Could she at least get her sword? (Wonder Woman)

And is a fragment of the PF too much, as well? She has just a small bit of the PF as part of her standard power setup for a while, too.

I'm sorry, but someone has now acquired Wonder Women. He picked a team right away with no complications, and I wont have any PF in this tournament. It's just too complicated. Jean Grey alone is enough. She's extremely powerful with out it.

@HigorM: You're in. As usual.

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

I'm sorry, but you can only use Normal Doomsday, and his death limit will always remain 1. And no new 52 versions.

@EternalDecider said:

Power House: No Void Sentry, if he's not applicable, i choose umm... Namor?

Leader: Black Panther with vibranium weapons

My Choice: Iceman?

You're in.

@Z3RO180 said:

@GhostRider29:I yhink you mean iron man not ares couse the description you tyed was for iron man

It says Ares? Crap, I'm gonna have to changed that. Thank you. He was my original choice, but all I could think about is what Sentry did to him. So I changed it. Lol

@RIKR2 said:

new team: Colossus with gem of cyttorak, ultron, nova (richard rider)

If you can convince me that they'd work together, you'd need to change Ultron.

List of people taken:

• Thor
  • Iron Man
  • Ghost Rider(Johnny)
  • Orion
  • Vril Dox
  • Amazing Man
  • Beta Ray Bill
  • Mr. Fantastic
  • Kyle Rayner
  • Rachel Grey
  • Quasar
  • Meggan
  • Rulk
  • Proff. X
  • Gladiator
  • Super-man
  • Martian Manhunter
  • SIlver Surfer
  • Wonder-women
  • Dr. Doom
  • Loki
  • Maxima
  • Mr. Terrific
  • Kilowog
  • Sentry
  • Black Panther
  • Ice-man
#44 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright well seeing as my pictures won't upload i'm just going to post my team.

Cosmic Spiderman as the powerhouse(Not only a powerhouse but has many other abilities)

Storm as the Leader(Ironman is chosen, she is the best female leader in the comics)

Flash as my choice(Speed Kills)

#45 Edited by greenteaforme (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

@GhostRider29

You joking? I picked her first, you said I could have Wonder Woman with standard gear and Jean with no PF. It was done.

I replied again asking if I could have this and that, but I had that team.

Fix it. I picked her first. Way first. And you said I got her.

Plus, the photo he posted is a different version. I'll take standard Post-Crisis Pre-New 52 main continuity Wonder Woman.

#46 Posted by RIKR2 (10915 posts) - - Show Bio

new team: Colossus with gem of cyttorak, dr.strange, nova (richard rider)

#47 Posted by GhostRider29 (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpideyPresence: In the rules, Flash is not allowed. And I'm not familiar with Cosmic Spider-man.

@greenteaforme:I also realized that the person that has Wonder-women came before you.

So far I have 9 participates allowed. One including me.

#48 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (4331 posts) - - Show Bio

my team : strength: the champion (elder of universe) leader: metron (DC)(wish I could use High Evolutionary!) other: the Forgotten One (herald....not above surfer I believe). Fit the criteria?

#49 Posted by Z3RO180 (6547 posts) - - Show Bio

@GhostRider29: Np well as for my team i would have Superman Thor and Possibly Batman

#50 Posted by GhostRider29 (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenteaforme said:

@GhostRider29

You joking? I picked her first, you said I could have Wonder Woman with standard gear and Jean with no PF. It was done.

I replied again asking if I could have this and that, but I had that team.

Fix it. I picked her first. Way first. And you said I got her.

If you would of excepted standard gear, but you keep asking for specific things. And I kept warning you about how I wont allow no PF. But you kept asking for it. Until you had a team, you don't count. And I'm sorry, I made a mistake. I thought you asked for her first, when you actually didn't. Also, if you have problems with this. It's in the rules. Rule #4.

@RIKR2 said:

new team: Colossus with gem of cyttorak, dr.strange, nova (richard rider)

Okay, you're in.