#1 Posted by Wario88 (1619 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio

it that's a full grown male silverback than he wins
#3 Posted by glforthewin (2355 posts) - - Show Bio

the gorilla cause he has thumbs.

#4 Edited by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually had this arguement with a friend of mine once. 
#1 Gorillas are not predators.  When faced with a predator their first instinct is to get away.  Tigers on the other hand, have a first instinct that says hunt, fight, kill. 
#2 A large gorilla will run 450-500 lbs. A large siberian tiger will run 900-1000 lbs. Twice as large. 
#3 A gorilla really has no offensive weapons.  They have large eye teeth, but they were not designed for combat. Their only real offense is bash.  A tiger has razor sharp claws on all four feet, and huge fangs designed for cutting flesh and tearing blood vessels.   
#4  A tiger is far faster.  This is an animal that can run over thirty mph.  A gorilla in a hurry tops out around ten. 
#5 A tiger is far stronger.  They can jump 25 ft straight up from a standstill, break a water buffalo's back with a single swipe, and kill 12 ft mugger crocodiles in the water.  Gorillas can kill people fairly easily though almost never do. Against a Tiger...different story. 
#6  Gorillas are killed fairly regularly by leopards.  Even large adults can fall prey to a leopard.  Leopards top out around 250-300 lbs.  Half the size of a gorilla.  Yet they still kill them.  Tigers are larger, faster, stronger, and more likely to attack an adult gorilla than leopards.   

In short, the gorilla is dead.  Tiger has a curbstomp victory for a pleasant ape tartare reward. 
#5 Posted by Wario88 (1619 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone esle? :D

#6 Posted by Kastiel (8919 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't they have this sorta thing on Animal Planet?

#7 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kastiel said:
"Didn't they have this sorta thing on Animal Planet? "

that was a bear and a tiger fight in animal face off i belive
#8 Edited by thatguy (1206 posts) - - Show Bio

If the Tiger doesnt str8 up run up on the Gorilla he wins.....if he does, Gorilla might bash him, they have been known to break thick trees by snapping them.......a bear hug from a Silverback, anyone and almost anything is done

#9 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure about the Tiger, but I do know that Gorillas and Chimps are like pure muscle.
that alot of strength, so I give it to the Ape.

#10 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aronmorales said:
"I'm not sure about the Tiger, but I do know that Gorillas and Chimps are like pure muscle. that alot of strength, so I give it to the Ape. "

well i think that tiger would have a greater strength ovall all but gorillas has highly intelligent and have more ways to defeat the tiger 
their canines are not built for puncturing but rather crushing like tree trunks, roots, even bamboo sticks 
they actually use their knuckles to walk around and they are just like a brick, they actually make fists to punch and wrestle to fight other gorillas when they feel that their females or territory is in danger, i saw a national geographic video where they state that a silverback has enough power to stop a full grown running bull with one hit in the head or the back
#11 Posted by FLCL1 (9580 posts) - - Show Bio
@yodagod said:
"I actually had this arguement with a friend of mine once. #1 Gorillas are not predators.  When faced with a predator their first instinct is to get away.  Tigers on the other hand, have a first instinct that says hunt, fight, kill. #2 A large gorilla will run 450-500 lbs. A large siberian tiger will run 900-1000 lbs. Twice as large. #3 A gorilla really has no offensive weapons.  They have large eye teeth, but they were not designed for combat. Their only real offense is bash.  A tiger has razor sharp claws on all four feet, and huge fangs designed for cutting flesh and tearing blood vessels.   #4  A tiger is far faster.  This is an animal that can run over thirty mph.  A gorilla in a hurry tops out around ten. #5 A tiger is far stronger.  They can jump 25 ft straight up from a standstill, break a water buffalo's back with a single swipe, and kill 12 ft mugger crocodiles in the water.  Gorillas can kill people fairly easily though almost never do. Against a Tiger...different story. #6  Gorillas are killed fairly regularly by leopards.  Even large adults can fall prey to a leopard.  Leopards top out around 250-300 lbs.  Half the size of a gorilla.  Yet they still kill them.  Tigers are larger, faster, stronger, and more likely to attack an adult gorilla than leopards.    In short, the gorilla is dead.  Tiger has a curbstomp victory for a pleasant ape tartare reward.  "

wrong! a gorilla wins this not only are male gorilla's aggressive when they have to be their strong they can kill a man easily than u think the tiger cant bite though the gorilla hide as easy as the tiger can to a human
#12 Posted by WindCloud (2678 posts) - - Show Bio

A healthy adult male silverback gorilla will rip those fucking cats to shreds......like Mighty Joe Young would !!!

#13 Posted by Hero1 (190 posts) - - Show Bio

Male Mountain Gorilla aka Silverback will win this. It's a primate so it's intelligent, it can lift up to 4600 lbs. Far more stronger than Tiger. With 2 Inch. Canines matching up with the Tiger's 4 Inch. Canines, doesn't matter cause the apes bite force is 1300 lbs. stronger than the Tiger's. And their long body hair protects them from claws.

#14 Edited by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hero1:
@WindCloud:
@FLCL1:  
And the fact that leopards kill gorillas all the time means nothing.  The fact that Gorillas are herbivores means nothing.  The fact that tigers have been known to bring down adult Indian elephants is nothing.  You should all brush up on your basics of biology. 
Gorillas are intelligent, but not people intelligent.  They don't use weapons or set traps.  This is a simple predator prey situation, and the prey is not especially dangerous.  Predators are designed to bring down much larger prey than themselves.  Tigers regularly kill animals weighing 3-4000 lbs, and have been documented killing animals nearly twice that size.  Their claws and teeth can penetrate the thick skins of water buffalo, elephants, and crocodiles.  Gorillas chew bamboo. Gorillas can not lift 4600 lbs.  It is estimated, based on muscle belly length and bone length/ density that they can pull 4600 lbs with their arms.  Big difference.  An adult male gorilla can't even climb trees anymore because they are too heavy and can't get themselves off the ground.  Gorillas are not agressive.  They will false charge, and do everything they can to bluff and avoid an actual fight that they can.  If that doesn't work, they run.  If that doesn't work, then they very reluctantly fight until they can run again.  It is not a predatory animal, so will always lose to a predator.  Even if you trained a gorilla from birth for combat, fitted it with steel gauntlets, and gave it an axe, as soon as the Tiger made an appearance the gorilla would panic, run, and die. A chimpanzee would actually have a better chance because they are far more agressive.  It still wouldn't make a difference to a half ton killing machine like a Siberian tiger, but I digress. The tiger wins, there's no question. I don't understand how anyone with even the most basic education and a modicum of common sense could believe anything else.
#15 Posted by High Revolutionary (3166 posts) - - Show Bio
@capall said:
" @Kastiel said:
"Didn't they have this sorta thing on Animal Planet? "
that was a bear and a tiger fight in animal face off i belive "
It was a Gorilla vs a leopard.

The Gorilla karate chopped the leopard in half.

It was cheeeeeeeeeezee.
#16 Posted by punk_azzz (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Mindset lads, Mindset makes a lot of difference.

So that all you buffoons understand I'm gonna try to keep this simple.

I'm not gonna be the moron who's gonna come saying "Pft. Tigers, lions, bears ? they got no shit on a gorilla cause a gorilla's got OPPOSABLE THUMBS ?!?!?! " Hey dick for brains you got a thumbs why don't you give it a shot.

So here's how it's gonna go down. Tigers are hunting machines. If any one here thinks that a gorilla can out hunt a tiger he's just plain stupid. BUT, there's difference between a Hunt and a fight. When a tiger hunts usually the opposition is either on the run or unsuspecting. and If he stumbles upon a larger prey like before recorded events of tigers taking out female bears that only happens when the tiger decides to take it by a surprise attack. So simply put if you're asking about who can hunt who then definitely a tiger might be able to hunt a gorilla. I'm SURE OF IT. but we aren't talking of hunting we are talking of a fight so lets say a tiger walks into a gorilla's territory and they both run into each other. A silverback ofcourse. Now we all know that gorillas are stubborn and extremely territorial and very aggressive. But Tiger's never fight off any other animal other then their own kind when it comes to territorial matters. A TIGER NEVER FIGHTS ANY OTHER ANIMAL SPECIES OTHER THEN HIS OWN HE HUNT"S THEM !!!!(lets face it they only possible way they would get into it is over territoy be logical a tiger wouldn't cut in line and piss of a gorilla cause he's been standing for an hour.) Here's the catch. A TIGER when faced with a threat he is unfamiliar with, a creature who is not his PREY. cause he isn't running on the contrary he is banging his chest and pressing in or holding his ground like a gorilla is the fact is the tiger would groan a little. give him a mean look and walk away from it. not cause he wants to be the bigger man but because he doesn't have the fighting mindset the gorilla has. now if in the event they decide to get into it . which will probably never happen due to the above explained reason. but lets say it does. What do you think will happen the tiger will rip him apart in a matter of seconds with his plasma claws (Huh, tiger lovers ?) cause the gorilla will stand their and just flip the bird to him cause he got fingers, right ? or will the gorilla use His super guns to make mashed tiger stew or use his intelligence convince him to a game of 3 dimensional chess ?

The fact is neither of them will walk away form it. cause lets say the gorilla catches him in a bear hug and snaps him like a twig while the tiger gets a strong bite in the collar near the neck and claw tears on his chest. cause a tiger would go for the neck. snapped like a twig the tiger would die and the gorilla would bleed to death soon after. So there wont be a victory here only levels of defeat. cause face it guys we are all arguing over something that has never happen and probably never will. So how can you say for sure that one side is superior. they aren't your every day ufc fighters who would do anything to win they are there just for the reason of fighting. and medics are standing by incase something goes wrong just. it's the wild. both of them if had the mindset of a leopard then we could actually have a conclusion . since Leopards fight to the death when they fight. they are the only animals who do that and you know why no other animal does it. cause it's about survival out there you cant risk taking a serious injury cause then you can''t hunt or scavenge and you'd die because of a stupid street fight. animals know better then that. apparently they are smarter then us in many aspects.

#17 Posted by Epicbeast3000 (956 posts) - - Show Bio

Siberian Tiger would win. The tiger is stronger, faster, and better equipped. The animal face off fights are crap, honestly. Tiger vs Lion one had the Lion listed as being 11 ft long. That is bullsh*t. The biggest lions only reach 9 ft in length and weigh up to 500 lbs. The Gorilla is strong and can lift around 900kg which is around 5 times its own weight, but the Tiger is stronger, as the tiger can jump a 8 ft fence while carrying a gaur in its mouth which can weigh anywhere from 1500lbs to 3300lbs. A tiger's paw swipe power is around at 10000lbs, which is strong enough to smash a Bear's skull. Heck, a Gorrilla could not even take down a Leopard.

#18 Posted by Frozen (13432 posts) - - Show Bio

Tiger in a stompfest.

Siberian Tiger would win. The tiger is stronger, faster, and better equipped. The animal face off fights are crap, honestly. Tiger vs Lion one had the Lion listed as being 11 ft long. That is bullsh*t. The biggest lions only reach 9 ft in length and weigh up to 500 lbs. The Gorilla is strong and can lift around 900kg which is around 5 times its own weight, but the Tiger is stronger, as the tiger can jump a 8 ft fence while carrying a gaur in its mouth which can weigh anywhere from 1500lbs to 3300lbs. A tiger's paw swipe power is around at 10000lbs, which is strong enough to smash a Bear's skull. Heck, a Gorrilla could not even take down a Leopard.

I agree that a Tiger could win, but a Leopard could not beat a Gorilla. Leopards have been known to ambush Gorilla's, but one-vs-one (if a Gorilla knew the attack was coming), the Gorilla would either scare the Leopard with a bluff (a tactic used by Gorilla's) or kill it. A Gorilla is twice the size of a Leopard, and having spoken to a Zoologist, the Gorilla destroys the Leopard. What the Zoologist told me was that Gorilla's, when protecting their young can kill Leopards.

Lions can get to 550lbs. I don't think a Tiger's paw-swipe is at 10000lbs either....

#19 Edited by Chibi_cute (4545 posts) - - Show Bio

Gorilla would win in a long fight

But he would suffer severe wounds from the bites and claws from the tiger.

#20 Edited by eternityx (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

Tiger wins very, very easily.

#21 Edited by Hulkman123 (1706 posts) - - Show Bio

Tiger stomps

#22 Posted by matanui123 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

Tiger in a curbstomp.

#23 Posted by Chibi_cute (4545 posts) - - Show Bio

Gorilla grabs a katana and slices the tiger in half.