User Lists: 0

Who wins this one?

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

The more intimidating, LEGIT ninja esque, interesting, better, and cooler character? Azula.

The most powerful and the one most like to win this match? Probably Tifa considering the things I've seen people say about Final Fantasy characters.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tifa stomps hard.

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

First thing to address, Tifa does not punch with the force of a nuclear bomb, contrary to the hyperbole given to her final limit.

She is, however, Superhuman in every capacity.

No Caption Provided

Tifa Lockhart

Overview/Abilities

No Caption Provided

Superhuman Strength - Tifa's strength is well above those of any normal human being, for unknown reasons.

Superhuman Durability - Tifa can withstand blows that would make a normal human being explode into pieces....

Superhuman Speed - Tifa can cover vast distances in a split second.

Superhuman Reflexes - Tifa can react to things in a moment.

Master Martial Artist - Tifa is a master at hand to hand fighting. It is not revealed what fighting styles she knows, but she focuses heavily on striking over submissions.

Tifa's Fighting Style and Her abilities

1:10-2:00 - Great showing of ability here, she tanks electrically charged shots from her opponent multiple times over, and it's shown that these attacks shatter concrete, but she blocks and tanks them without much sign of injury. You can also see her immense speed, and her acrobatic heavy strikes fighting style.

2:00-2:20 - Before Gravity pulls her to the ground she has time to re position herself on the wall, and lunge against her target. Then mops the floor with him at blinding speeds, tosses him into the air, and then smashes him to the ground.

3:10-3:35 - Smashes a church pew effortlessly with a backhand, and then tanks a lightning blast that shatters the concrete pillar behind her, and still remains conscious (though barely, and definitely worse for ware).

Durability

2:00-2:15 - Survives a slice from Sephiroth....

Strength, Speed, and Ability again

2:30-2:50 - Tifa handles a group of Shadow Creeps. These things can run 60 MPH or better, and can effortlessly throw a full grown human being 3-5 meters in the air, and they can tank a fire hydrant cap and the initially rush of water with only being mildly inconvenienced.

2:50-3:00 - With her kick, redirects a blast capable of leveling a city block

Oh the brutality!

8:40-9:30 - Tifa, Cloud, and Aerith threaten this guy's balls....

Personality

Tifa is a great character because of her devotion to the group. She's funny, she gets into a b!tch slap competition with someone at one point throughout the game, she's kind, caring, and overall one of the best characters.

The B!tch Slap Competition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX3Qz_ZUWSM

Tifa and Cloud

On the Way to a Smile

Episode 2

It was night and Cloud came back on a bike. It was a model that they had never seen before. Since then, he had been adjusting it whenever he could spare the time in between his job. He brought an engineer that he knew from somewhere to discuss about modifying his bike. It seemed a few other people came to help Cloud complete the modifications. Marlene and her young neighbourhood friends also watched. The scene reassured Tifa that they were really becoming a family in the world.

There were many times when Cloud had to leave Midgar for their supplies. The destination was mainly Kalm. He had to rent a bike or a truck or sometimes a chocobo but now, he had his own bike. Occasionally it seemed he would travel very far and manage to get some rare goods.

One night, there was a call for Cloud. After talking on the phone for a while, Cloud said he had to go out for a while.

"Where are you going?"

"How should I tell you this..."

Cloud told Tifa how there had many times when he was asked to deliver something while returning with supplies. The caller was one of the store owners who shared some of his vegetables with them. It seemed there was something that he wanted Cloud to deliver before the night was over by all means. Cloud gazed at Tifa like a kid who just had his secrets revealed.

"Why are you looking at me like that?

"Well... I'm sorry I kept quiet about it."

"About what?"

"Doing what I wanted."

Tifa burst out laughing. Cloud went on about how he got paid a little for delivering items. He felt guilty spending it all on the modifications for his bike. Tifa thought he was just like a kid. It may have been a little sad that Cloud had found another world that she didn't know about but, the fact that his world was expanding was a welcoming thought. Yes, it was similar to the feelings a mother would have. Tifa walked Cloud outside and was enjoying the new feeling that was blooming in her.

Overall she's a well written character, and essential to the story. It's hard not to like her as a character.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nicely done Floopay. 8/10.

also mismatch.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Floopay should be nerfed in FF know how >.< Well done sir, Tifa takes it.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By reikai

Yes, Tifa takes it in every category. She's tough, she's sassy, she keeps the group together, she has great fashion sense, and she even knows how to make a mean Strawberry Daiquiri. What's not to love?

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Floopay should be nerfed in FF know how >.< Well done sir, Tifa takes it.

i agree completely

actually just everything fantasy

guy could probably solo Thanos and Darkseid with Gromph Baenre full equips and a nanosecond of prep

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

Tifa is a great character because of her devotion to the group. She's funny, she gets into a b!tch slap competition with someone at one point throughout the game, she's kind, caring, and overall one of the best characters.

Overall she's a well written character, and essential to the story. It's hard not to like her as a character.

Low bar, I know.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mismatch, lockhart stomps

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tifa Stomps this, but it brought back memories of 'Dead Fantasy' God Damnit.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NeonGameWave

Tifa curbstomps.

Lordlloyd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lordlloyd7

I guess Tifa does have this one.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula as Tifa is close to featless and her only fight although visually pretty was still a loss and I don't imagine she can survive being set on fire.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula as Tifa is close to featless and her only fight although visually pretty was still a loss and I don't imagine she can survive being set on fire.

Considering Tifa redirected, after making direct contact with, a fire attack that leaves molten steel in it's wake, I think she can handle fire.

She walked through Shinra infantry on at least 2 occasions, while inside of Shinra headquarters, and being pursued and fighting encounters, and didn't receive a single gunshot wound.

She fought Deepground soldiers (who are super human) with hand to hand combat only, and took them out with ease.

She has for sure fought steel constructs in the past, and was able to destroy them with her bare hands/fists.

Over and above this we know she can tank shots that would normally crumble concrete beneath their strikes without any harm to her person (shown when a casual shot from Loz smashed a crater into the concrete wall behind her), she has reflexes and a level of perceptions that allows her to re-position herself on the side of a wall and leap from it before the effects of gravity takes place, which puts her as well above characters like Wolverine in speed. This is backed up by her effortlessly handling 3-4 Shadow Creeps at once.

As good as Azula is, I'm pretty sure Tifa can tank more shots from Azula, than Azula can tank from Tifa. Over and above this, Tifa has every possible physical advantage.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Dextersinister

@floopay:

Considering Tifa redirected, after making direct contact with, a fire attack that leaves molten steel in it's wake, I think she can handle fire.

The initial blast appears solid otherwise she couldn't kick it and she was floored when it exploded in the distance so it's not a very impressive showing. This in no way shows that she would be capable of surviving a wall of flames as she would hardly be able to kick that out of the way.

She walked through Shinra infantry on at least 2 occasions, while inside of Shinra headquarters, and being pursued and fighting encounters, and didn't receive a single gunshot wound.

The entire group runs from gunfire and never gets hit regardless of shape or apparent reflex even Barret, Aeris and Sith

She fought Deepground soldiers (who are super human) with hand to hand combat only, and took them out with ease.

She has for sure fought steel constructs in the past, and was able to destroy them with her bare hands/fists.

Over and above this we know she can tank shots that would normally crumble concrete beneath their strikes without any harm to her person (shown when a casual shot from Loz smashed a crater into the concrete wall behind her), she has reflexes and a level of perceptions that allows her to re-position herself on the side of a wall and leap from it before the effects of gravity takes place, which puts her as well above characters like Wolverine in speed. This is backed up by her effortlessly handling 3-4 Shadow Creeps at once.

As good as Azula is, I'm pretty sure Tifa can tank more shots from Azula, than Azula can tank from Tifa. Over and above this, Tifa has every possible physical advantage.

Nearly everyone of these is within game mechanics which I always take with a massive pinch of salt. Nathan Drake takes down heavily armoured mercenary companies within the game mechanics and regens from bullets but just like Tifa is threatened off by gunfire during scenes.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister:

It may appear solid, but Cloud Strife actually flew through one of those blasts, so it's not :)

None of those feats are in game mechanics, they all happened, and are all cannon. They are just off-panel (some of them) or were somewhat gameplay. Regardless of what happens in gameplay, the plain and simple fact is, if Tifa is stated as one of the ones who defeated a giant hovering robot construct, then it happened.

This happens multiple times throughout the game(s). She fights Shinra Soldiers multiple times as well, and it is perfectly cannon that she doesn't actually get shot, as she was still perfectly capable of running. And no, not gameplay fought them, as in, was pursued, it showed them pursuing her and firing at her, jumped to another cutscene, and then when it cut back to her she was fine and there were no more Shinra troops.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Squall-Leon81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tifa and very easyly too. Epic cubstomp. She is better in anything.

kbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1 headbutt from Tifa and Azula would be out.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hahahahahaha!

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By haoalchemist

@arcus get in here, azula needs you.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@haoalchemist: I don't know anything about Tifa

Read the above post by Floofay, do you have any counters to why Azula would win?

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Oops for a while i thought it was a CaV and we were talking about the wonderful user with the same name.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@haoalchemist: I don't know anything about Tifa

Read the above post by Floofay, do you have any counters to why Azula would win?

not really

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcusDang, you were our only hope :P:

Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Not familiar with Azula enough to declare a winner, and I feel it's premature to use Tifa in versus threads before the remake drops, but Tifa is not featless. Despite losing to Loz when he remembered his super speed, she won round one according to the script that came with the deluxe edition.