• 72 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by lord_oraculous016 (9279 posts) - - Show Bio

who would win between Eric Masterson as Thunderstrike and Princess Ororo, Queen of Wanda as Storm in possession of Stormcaster ad fully embraced her Goddess form.. 
 


battle takes place in the plains of Africa.. 
 
who would stand victorious? 
 
all comments are welcome.. 
#2 Posted by comicdude23 (11331 posts) - - Show Bio

My money is on Thunderstrike....

#3 Edited by Check17 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm easy, she'd even take Thor in this form. In fact, she's goddess level WITHOUT a hammer.

#4 Posted by Lord Shiva (864 posts) - - Show Bio

Gonna go with Storm. I like Eric but Storm has him in overall abilities.

#5 Posted by ReVamp (22885 posts) - - Show Bio

lol...

#6 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Check17 said:

Storm easy, she'd even take Thor in this form. In fact, she's goddess level WITHOUT a hammer.

are u serious

#7 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm

#8 Edited by Phylos (2711 posts) - - Show Bio

votes on Thunderstrike.

#9 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (11236 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord Shiva said:

Gonna go with Storm. I like Eric but Storm has him in overall abilities.

Agreed.

#10 Posted by karrob (4264 posts) - - Show Bio

Im with Storm

#11 Posted by Check17 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp:

lol, no. Any Thor kicks any Storms but anyday, I wanted to get the debate going again.

#12 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (11236 posts) - - Show Bio

@Check17 said:

@ReVamp:

lol, no. Any Thor kicks any Storms but anyday, I wanted to get the debate going again.

Do you have any feats for Thunderstrike?

#13 Posted by Check17 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: As serious as a doped up crackhead can be :)

P.S. Thunderstrike wins

#14 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12273 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23 said:

My money is on Thunderstrike....

#15 Posted by ReVamp (22885 posts) - - Show Bio

@Check17 said:

@ReVamp:

lol, no. Any Thor kicks any Storms but anyday, I wanted to get the debate going again.

What? Why did you reply to me with this?

#16 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2021 posts) - - Show Bio
@Phylos

votes on Thunderstrike.

This
#17 Posted by Sumnerus (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Thunderstrike easy. Storm casts lightning, but Eric's mace CONTROLS lightning! all he has to do is get close enough for a punch.. game over for Ororo

#18 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Check17 said:

@jeanroygrant: As serious as a doped up crackhead can be :)

P.S. Thunderstrike wins

lol

#19 Edited by Storm Calling (3837 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sumnerus said:

Thunderstrike easy. Storm casts lightning, but Eric's mace CONTROLS lightning! all he has to do is get close enough for a punch.. game over for Ororo

Storm could take clobbers from Thor's hammer when she had Stormcaster, I highly doubt Thundersrtike's punches will do any better.
#20 Posted by Lord Shiva (864 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sumnerus said:

Thunderstrike easy. Storm casts lightning, but Eric's mace CONTROLS lightning! all he has to do is get close enough for a punch.. game over for Ororo

You did see that she has Stormcaster......right?

#21 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (11236 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord Shiva said:

@Sumnerus said:

Thunderstrike easy. Storm casts lightning, but Eric's mace CONTROLS lightning! all he has to do is get close enough for a punch.. game over for Ororo

You did see that she has Stormcaster......right?

I am finding it interesting that no one is giving examples of how Thunderstrike would win other than him being a version of Thor (a weaker version IIRC) :-/. From what I recall, I don't believe he had Thor's level of power, millenias of experience, skill or control of over the weather, or fighting ability.

#22 Posted by Check17 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp:Because you were laughing at my comment and I wanted to say that I was kidding, I only wanted to keep the debate going, soz bro.

#23 Posted by jojjimbo (2463 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm.

#24 Edited by Check17 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Lord Shiva said:

@Sumnerus said:

Thunderstrike easy. Storm casts lightning, but Eric's mace CONTROLS lightning! all he has to do is get close enough for a punch.. game over for Ororo

You did see that she has Stormcaster......right?

I am finding it interesting that no one is giving examples of how Thunderstrike would win other than him being a version of Thor (a weaker version IIRC) :-/. From what I recall, I don't believe he had Thor's level of power, millenias of experience, skill or control of over the weather, or fighting ability.

Wasn't this Eric Masterson?

#25 Edited by Lord Shiva (864 posts) - - Show Bio

"Thee" and "Thou" scream real Thor to me. Eric in control of Thor's powers did fight Hype but that was with full Thor powers....IIRC.....not his Thunderstrike abilities.

Thunderstrike doesn't equal Thor's full power.

#26 Posted by Check17 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord Shiva said:

"Thee" and "Thou" scream real Thor to me. Eric in control of Thor's powers did fight Hype but that was with full Thor powers....IIRC.....not his Thunderstrike abilities.

Thunderstrike doesn't equal Thor's full power.

I know, I'm just saying that he's not inexperience, but as for Thunderstrike

Here he is making the unstoppable Juggernaut struggle to move (Suggesting class 100 strength perhaps)

This is him permanantly blinding mongoose, the guy who kick Thors butt earlier

Thunderstrike had training with Captain America, Cap is 'America's Finest

That's all I can find right now

#27 Posted by Check17 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, BTW... any feats for Storm?

#28 Edited by Storm Calling (3837 posts) - - Show Bio
@Check17: IIRC She one shotted Wolverine, Hela came for his soul and Storm blasted her, along with Cyclops and Rachel and made her fled the scene. She also had a pretty even battle against Thor, to the point of where she was able to knock him to the ground with a powerful energy blast, until she took control over his hammer and used it to destroy Stormcaster herself.
#29 Posted by Check17 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, but we all know how Thor fights

"Verily, yon power is impressive, but 'tis in mine mind the lasteth time that we fought when you beat me in hand to hand, um, aye? Soeth I musteth use another tactic... Oh I know I'll fight you in hand to hand."

You can't really count that fight because Thor was only trying to wack her with a hammer, I LOVE Thor, but sometimes he can be a real Idioteth

#30 Posted by Check17 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

One shotting Wolverine doesn't mean anything to me, attacking Hela? That was probably more Rachel than Storm, Cyclops comes in last their. Fighting evenly with Thor? Check this out:

#31 Edited by Storm Calling (3837 posts) - - Show Bio
@Check17: Did you read the fight or are you basing this on speculation? And I'm pretty sure I seen Thor hit her with a large bolt of lightning along with a clobber with his hammer and it hardly did anything to her. He was knocked back twice by two of her attacks, so she was the real deal and it was a pretty even match up until Storm decided to take control over his hammer and destroy Stormcaster herself. Storm attacked Hela first and injured her long before Rachel and Cyclops got involved. So her attack was very effective against her before they had even got involved and added their attack. I also seem to recall Cyclops stating that Storm's power MIGHT not be enough to stop Hela, so there was no indication that it was Rachel or Cyclops who did the majority of the work as you claim.
 
Also one shotting Wolverine is not a bad feat at all, it shows how powerful her attack power is vs his healing factor. He was already dead and Hela was ready to claim his soul.
#32 Edited by Dernman (16471 posts) - - Show Bio

@Check17 said:

Why is Captain America talking about himself in the third person? I like Captain America but what a ....

Online
#33 Posted by Lord Shiva (864 posts) - - Show Bio

@Check17 said:

One shotting Wolverine doesn't mean anything to me, attacking Hela? That was probably more Rachel than Storm, Cyclops comes in last their. Fighting evenly with Thor? Check this out:

Read the story please....

#34 Posted by ReVamp (22885 posts) - - Show Bio

@Check17 said:

@ReVamp:Because you were laughing at my comment and I wanted to say that I was kidding, I only wanted to keep the debate going, soz bro.

I wasn't.

#35 Posted by Check17 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling

Firstly, I used to think that the Hulk and Thor have even matches, but then I read Hammer and Sinew, and I realized how much he holds back! Why do you think he gets manhandled by Iron Man or Wonder Man or even Cap? Because he doesn't want to hurt the 'Puny Mortals' If Thor wanted Storm to die, he could: Pound her (He's as fast as lightning) Suck her soul out (Can still do it) BFR her (worked on the Juggernaut, why not Storm?) Godblast (Sent Galactus packing) Pound her with a whirlwind (Gathered the winds of a thousand worlds.) There is so much he could do to kill her. BUT HE HOLDS BACK!!!!!!!

Thunderstrike can do all of that, except to a lesser degree. Storms hammer was made by Loki, Thunderstrikes by Odin. Guess who's is more powerful?

Storm blasting Hela? There's a word for that: P.I.S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (more than one word, I know) Just because Rulk smashed Silver Surfer and a bunch of others, does that mean it's true? No! How can you think she could even HURT Hela when Hela's more powerful than Thor! She could kill Thor, or Storm, or Thunderstrike, with a Touch! P.I.S. or Plot device.

And you haven't commented on my above posts about Thunderstrike. Weilding Thors power, damaging a guy that beat up Thor, making the Juggernaut struggle, learning from Cap and even matching Thor in Strength!

Damaging Wolverine? Rediculous, so in this State she can do more damage to Wolverine than the HULK? Please, and are there any OTHER Thunderstrike supporters out there? Because I can't do this on my own.

Oh, BTW, here's Thunderstrike breaking off a bit of the destroyer armour 
 
. 
 

I don't wanna argue anymore, so when Storm does the feats (Or better feats) that I've shown here, than I'll except her power.

Finally, Eric Masterson lifted Thors hammer, Storm can't do that. I'm not gonna argue anymore, so I'll go with Thunderstrike 5.5/10

Thunderstrike 'Thor' the win! Heh, Heh, Heh.

#36 Edited by Lord Shiva (864 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless I missed something, he didn't break off a part of Destroyer's armor. Your scan a tad bit to small for me to really tell. Also nothing you have shown here prove that he beats Storm with Stormcaster.

Also, could Thunderstrike control the weather? I really can't remember.

#37 Posted by emperorznb (1669 posts) - - Show Bio

@Check17 said:

@Lord Shiva said:

"Thee" and "Thou" scream real Thor to me. Eric in control of Thor's powers did fight Hype but that was with full Thor powers....IIRC.....not his Thunderstrike abilities.

Thunderstrike doesn't equal Thor's full power.

I know, I'm just saying that he's not inexperience, but as for Thunderstrike

Here he is making the unstoppable Juggernaut struggle to move (Suggesting class 100 strength perhaps)

This is him permanantly blinding mongoose, the guy who kick Thors butt earlier

Thunderstrike had training with Captain America, Cap is 'America's Finest

That's all I can find right now

  1. Of course he could slow Juggernaut, he has some Asgardian power so that should be enough to slow him down but it will not and never stop him. He can be at most class 100 when he is straining himself but that does not make him exceed it.
  2. Yeah Mongoose was the guy who kicked both of their butts that's why you can see Thunderstrike limping. Blinding him is not a very impressive feat... Storm could also pull it off since that Mongoose was unaware that time since he already knows that he bested those two in battle.
  3. We know that Captain America is America's finest in athletics and in h2h but look, he did not even impress cap. And what does h2h mean when you are holding a hammer and your opponent can maneuver very well. Both of them could fly at great velocity but seeing that Thor only flies by swinging his hammer then suddenly throwing it, I don't really see how Thunderstrike would come near Storm. And Thunderstrike's thunder will do nothing since Storm is resistant to nature.
  4. Storm would have already summon powerful tornadoes before Thunderstrike may be able to hit her. She could also call upon blast forces powerful enough to hurt surfer (either that was PIS or Surfer was jobbing), Induce atmospheric pressure that would surely crush most objects even an Asgardian or she could just freeze him before he can touch Storm.
#38 Posted by Storm Calling (3837 posts) - - Show Bio
@Check17: So just because Odin enchanted his hammer this automatically makes the hammer more powerful than Stormcaster? I think not, if that were the case he'd be just as powerful as Odin or Thor to begin with if we go by that ABC logic. Storm's hammer is bound by her lifeblood and Loki's power, so that combined could be quite powerful considering Storm's own magical potential. Which is currently an equally shared High Priestess ranking with Agatha Harkness and the Scarlet Witch. I don't dispute that Thor wasn't holding back but he still hit her with a bolt of lightning and clobbered her with his hammer, and she also took a direct hammer throw from Loki and was back up as if nothing had happened to her as well... So the woman has no low end durability showing at all when she's holding that hammer... She has consistently stayed at high durability showings. Not much you can really do to argue against that fact.
 
Storm blasting Hela is not PIS, Thor has sent her packing several times in a fight so Storm doing it with the aid of Cyclops and Rachel is not a low end showing. She also has to be able to touch them before she can actually killed them in a touch, and she never did this a single time against Storm or the others.
 
I did not comment on any of your scans because they weren't really that much to begin with, and IIRC Hulk does not have magical blast, so how is that even relevant to what Storm did with magic?
#39 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (11236 posts) - - Show Bio

@Check17: Thanks for the scans....they help :-). I think Thunderstike is powerful but I am not seeing anything yet to suggest that he secures a win against Asgardian Storm here. He is not at Thor's level of power IIRC, and Storm is quite skilled with controlling the weather without Stormcaster. Maintaining her skilled control and knowledge of the elements, her hammer will amplify her power and removes the natural limitations that she typically adheres to since her control of the weather via Stormcaster is magical like his. I see no reason she couldn't do all that Thor can and more extensively since she tends to do a lot more with the forces and elements of weather than Thor typically does (not that he couldn't but he's more of a brawler).

Do you have any scans of Thunderstrike's weather control? I have only a few issues of Avengers with him but when he joined the team he couldn't really control his powers too well. He needed help from Crystal to direct his lightning bolt, suggesting he does not have Thor's level of skill or control with the weather. I don't know how developed his control had become but Storm does not have that problem and she will be using her control of the elements here to neutralize Eric vs pursuing him in armed combat, though Storm can handle herself very well in h2h. Oh, and on your question with the scan with Gladiator, I am not sure if that is Thunderstrike or Thor....seems like it's Thor.

#40 Edited by Vance Astro (91684 posts) - - Show Bio
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

 I am not sure if that is Thunderstrike or Thor....seems like it's Thor.

That is Thor.
Moderator
#41 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (11236 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

I am not sure if that is Thunderstrike or Thor....seems like it's Thor.

That is Thor.

Cool. Thanks for confirming.

#42 Posted by Vance Astro (91684 posts) - - Show Bio
@Check17 said:

Wasn't this Eric Masterson?

No.When Thor fought Gladiator in the encounter before the particular scans you posted, Gladiator knocked Mjolnir out of his hands..Thor still had the 60 seconds curse so he reverted back to one of his alter egos, Jake Olsen. 
 
Moderator
#43 Posted by Freefa11 (2440 posts) - - Show Bio

What issue did Storm fight Thor? I'm assuming this is during the Asgardian Wars arc, but I don't remember an actual encounter between them.

I will also agree that one-shotting Wolverine wasn't overly impressive for her. Rogue nearly one-shotted him at one point, during the Mutant Massacre series I think. Wolverine's healing factor wasn't remotely as ludicrous in the 80's as it is now.

@Storm Calling said:

Storm blasting Hela is not PIS, Thor has sent her packing several times in a fight so Storm doing it with the aid of Cyclops and Rachel is not a low end showing.

I would say that Cyclops and Rachel affecting her at all is definitely PIS, and from what I recall Hela is generally presented as a decent step up from Thor in terms of power. I haven't read all his books, but I don't remember a single time of him actually overpowering her in a fight. I do know that when she was first introduced, she was presented as basically being second only to Odin in power, and I believe Thor spent most of his time running rather than actually trying to fight her. Do you have any examples of Thor overpowering or seriously harming her?

@Check17: Thunderstrike literally gets stomped by Juggernaut like 2 panels later

I'm not committing until I get a chance to see her fight with Thor though. Thunderstrike is not at Thor's level, but is in roughly the same weight class (otherwise he would have been no help at all fighting the Destroyer) and should have the same basic power set. However, Eric's problem as a Thor stand-in, IMO, was always that he was really rather incompetent when it came to combat and using his powers effectively. You can see a taste of it in the scan with Captain America above, and there was a time early-on when he got the powers when Hercules was trying to train him to actually be a better fighter, and Masterson became really petulant and resistant because he thought Hercules was going too rough (basically he was whining about Hercules actually hitting him while training).

IMO, Thunderstrike would actually have to outclass Storm by a good margin here, because she is a much, much more competent and skilled fighter than he is (I mean, what idiot actually tries to physically stop the Juggernaut?).

#44 Edited by Lord Shiva (864 posts) - - Show Bio

@Freefa11 said:

What issue did Storm fight Thor? I'm assuming this is during the Asgardian Wars arc, but I don't remember an actual encounter between them.

IMO, Thunderstrike would actually have to outclass Storm by a good margin here, because she is a much, much more competent and skilled fighter than he is (I mean, what idiot actually tries to physically stop the Juggernaut?).

Hope I don't get in trouble for posting this much of the issue. The story is actually pretty recent....

#45 Posted by Check17 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro
Thanks for the info Vance, I read on a Gladiator vs Thor thread that it was Eric.

#46 Posted by Check17 (33 posts) - - Show Bio
@Freefa11
 
Well, who DOESN'T really get stomped by the Juggernaut? I get your point, but see how the first speech bubble of the Juggernaut has a hyphon at the end? 
  
IMO, he was either struggling or suddenly talking like Shatner :) 
 
Yeah, he got smashed, but doesn't he then get up and like use the executioners Axe to lop of J-dogs helmet? 
#47 Edited by Storm Calling (3837 posts) - - Show Bio
@Freefa11: He didn't blast her in Thor #354, but he clobbered her with his hammer and dodged her attacks, and that was enough to make her flee. So it must have been enough damage... Rachel tried to attack Hela earlier in the issue and the blast went right through her head unaffecting her. It wasn't until Storm's blast which had distracted her that Rachel and Cyclops were able to blast her from behind and make her flee. I think it was pretty valid considering Rachel was already a host of the Phoenix force at that time. Her being second to Odin is probably just hyperbole.
#48 Posted by Storm Calling (3837 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lord Shiva said:

@Freefa11 said:

What issue did Storm fight Thor? I'm assuming this is during the Asgardian Wars arc, but I don't remember an actual encounter between them.

IMO, Thunderstrike would actually have to outclass Storm by a good margin here, because she is a much, much more competent and skilled fighter than he is (I mean, what idiot actually tries to physically stop the Juggernaut?).

Hope I don't get in trouble for posting this much of the issue. The story is actually pretty recent....

Hadn't noticed he blasted her again on the 7th scan on the third panel and it did nothing to her.
#49 Posted by Lord Shiva (864 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling said:

@Lord Shiva said:

@Freefa11 said:

What issue did Storm fight Thor? I'm assuming this is during the Asgardian Wars arc, but I don't remember an actual encounter between them.

IMO, Thunderstrike would actually have to outclass Storm by a good margin here, because she is a much, much more competent and skilled fighter than he is (I mean, what idiot actually tries to physically stop the Juggernaut?).

Hope I don't get in trouble for posting this much of the issue. The story is actually pretty recent....

Hadn't noticed he blasted her again on the 7th scan on the third panel and it did nothing to her.

Why would it, this is nothing but foreplay for ThunderGods....lol

#50 Posted by Nefarious (24731 posts) - - Show Bio

Thunderstrike wins here.

Online