#201 Posted by Hoenhime (137 posts) - - Show Bio

Ahh. The age old arguement. There is never gonna be a winner unless there is a cannon crossover where the two of them fight, but then I am pretty sure that the fight would end with them realising that someone tricked them into fighting each other and then superman would say,"Anybody could have won", and we would still not know who the hell is more powerful. But considering how weak Thor is at the present( thank you bendis) I say super man wins.

#202 Posted by iamthewolf88 (346 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.

#203 Posted by GypRosetti (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@CalebHara: Mjolnir travels as fast as it needs to in order to hit it's target. The Marvel Universe don't have insane speedsters because readers like punch-ups, not characters who hit and run. No one said Mjolnir's speed is limited, it's powered by magic not physics. He throws, it hits and that's Superman down and out.

#204 Edited by Lex_Luthor_II (31 posts) - - Show Bio

@btmt said:

@Lex_Luthor_II said:

@GypRosetti said:

@xMercy: Just as vulnerable as a human means magic of that level does major, major damage to Superman. He won't be flying to the sun when unconscious. He's boned. Thor can command Mjolnir, he doesn't have to match Superman's speed himself. Superman has been beaten by an armoured, old Batman who certainly wasn't moving at FTL speed. Speed blitzing is the DC fanboys go to when Superman and Flash are overmatched.

I'd have to agree. And yeah. they always bring up speed. Which against the Hulk would be true for Superman, but not for THOR.

Mjolnir and its light speed tracking and overpowered magic are too much for Superman, who gets edged-out by Captain Marvel very often.

As always even though being most powerful man, Superman holds back his true potential and power while handling or fighting his opponent, Superman always cares for others even if they are bad people because of Superman's morality and his nature and people thinks if weak.

If you have read comics about Superman then you would know that with magic and it's weakness for Superman, Shazam and Black Adam has always advantage over Superman, but in the end Superman always wins in the battle.

But bloodlusted Superman is too much for Thor even the Shazam and Black Adam, Superman will kill them all.

No Superman does not always win over Shazam. In fact if anything, its the other way around. Im sure you all have read this, this guy chronicles it all nicely for us.

http://hero-envy.blogspot.com/2011/05/superman-vs-captain-marvel.html

And still i dont see why bloodlusted Superman is somehow all of a sudden stronger than a 10 times as powerful Warrior Madness THOR.

I understand ur logic but one hit from thor in a warrior madness state could kill or severly injure supes since he is vulnerable to magic.

Exactly. I dont see why people seem to just ignore the MOST IMPORTANT fact of all this. Superman is not resistant to magic, and THOR has ridiculously overpowered magic... that should kill Superman. Its really not fair until they make him as resistant to magic as he is to physical attacks.

Im sorry, but i don't agree with this. Mjolnir has moved 2x the speed of light correct? Superman has moved nearly double that... while fighting Wonder Woman. I understand that Superman has a weakness to magic, and that puts him at a downfall when he faces people like Captain Marvel, Black Adam and Thor. However, in order for this magical weakness to be exposed, they have to hit him first.

Mjolnir has to actually hit Superman in order to be effective. Mjolnir cant attack Superman on its own, it has to be thrown, or used a melee weapons by Thor. He may be able to throw Mjolnir faster than the speed of light, but that would mean that he would have to aim and hit Superman, who, with Thor's speed, will be moving far to fast to hit.

Superman's speed will help him against Mjolnir. This is because, as i stated earlier, Superman will be moving to fast for Thor to hit. A morals on Superman can easily dodge lasers and lighting bolts. He can also move several times faster than the speed of light. Morals off, he is not holding back speed wise. He will be much too fast for the significantly slower Thor to hit.

Mjolnir being magical, wont help when it cant hit Superman in the first place.

Mjolnir can independently track its target once THOR throws it, until it hits the target. So it WILL hit superman, just a matter of time... and Superman is not resistant to magic, at all. The end. nay?

Logically there is no way it WONT hit Superman.

What u say is true....the consistency of speed here proves that thor is slow while superman is extremely fast....But thor also have the advantage in magic and power...also u have to think about this....even tho superman is faster than thor. Mjonir is faster than superman. Mjonir can attack superman on its own. And superman speed won't save him against mjonir. And on top of that....mjonir is a magical weapon.

It is interesting how people think of THOR as slow merely because he does not use his speed all the time, and uses it only when needed. I can see why people do that, those are not familiar with him very well, but theres a lot of abilities that other heroes have but do not use often... but that doesnt mean they dont still have them. I guess THOR has so many crazy powers and whatnot its hard to keep track.

#205 Edited by Lex_Luthor_II (31 posts) - - Show Bio

@GypRosetti said:

@CalebHara: Mjolnir travels as fast as it needs to in order to hit it's target. The Marvel Universe don't have insane speedsters because readers like punch-ups, not characters who hit and run. No one said Mjolnir's speed is limited, it's powered by magic not physics. He throws, it hits and that's Superman down and out.

Pretty much.

Mjolnir tracks its target independently, and goes several times the speed of light, is the most powerful weapon [basically] in the universe, and is a RIDICULOUSLY overpowered MAGICAL weapon.... so it will hit Superman in the end, and Superman, who is NOT resistant to magic at all, will fall.

Logically speaking, of course.

Its a boring fight for sure, but logically makes sense.

#206 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

@GypRosetti said:

This

#207 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lex_Luthor_II: Fair enough, but there are still a couple of problems.

Mjolnir may be able to travel FTL, but it is a weapon that must be thrown, on a direct path, and when it misses its target it keeps going before it comes back, it has never shown the ability to stop dead in its tracks and switch direction. Superman has faster than light reflexes, and dodging Mjolnir wouldn't be a hard thing to do.

Can i see the scan you are referring to when Mjolnir travels FTL?

The one problem i have with your statement was the original poster saying "He throws, it hits, superman is down and out."

As i already said before, Thor will have trouble hitting Superman. He has flew faster than Omega beams, and has FTL reflexes. Another big problem that Thor will have is that Superman can phase through any attacks that Thor can throw at him. He has done this on several occasions. How will Mjolnir possibly hit Superman when Superman can become intangible?

Finally, one hit from Mjolnir wont put Superman "down and out" he has been hit by several magically-augmented punches from Black Adam and Captain Marvel, and has bested both of them. He has the durability, to tank more than one of Thor's magical strikes.

#208 Posted by oppagangnamstyle19 (143 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe stalemate?

#209 Edited by GypRosetti (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@CalebHara: Intangible? Magic trumps physics. Mjolnir's speed is irrelevant as Marvel don't have DC's obsession with speed. Superman is as vulnerable to magic as a human so surving attacks from Captain Marvel and Black Adam is PIS. If he's as vulnerable as a human he should have died when they fought.

#210 Edited by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@GypRosetti said:

@CalebHara: Intangible? Magic trumps physics. Mjolnir's speed is irrelevant as Marvel don't have DC's obsession with speed.

Saying "magic trumps physics" doesn't prove any point at all. I don't see what is stopping Mjolnir from passing right through Superman. And Thor is slow, he doesn't have the reaction speed to hit Superman.

#211 Edited by GypRosetti (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@CalebHara: Phased Vision v Mjolnir :

It's a MAGIC hammer. As I said magic trumps physics. Neither Flash or Superman have a defence against it. Thor doesn't need the reaction speed to hit Superman. If Superman speed blitz he has to KO Thor within the second it takes Thor to throw Mjolnir. I don't fancy his chances.

#212 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@GypRosetti said:

It's a MAGIC hammer. As I said magic trumps physics. Neither Flash or Superman have a defence against it. Thor doesn't need the reaction speed to hit Superman. If Superman speed blitz he has to KO Thor within the second it takes Thor to throw Mjolnir. I don't fancy his chances.

Ill have to say, that is a very nice scan. but can you show me one from the past 20 years where he still has this power? If you are allowed to bring up feats from the 60's i don't see why i cant break out my file folder of pre-crisis Superman feats.

But that aside, Superman can blitz Thor. Thor can't hit Superman because of how fast he is traveling. He actually has to aim and throw Mjolnir, and with Thor's reaction time, he has very little chance of hitting Superman. While he will try to comprehend what is happening during this speed blitz, he will be getting hit by multiple punches, each capable of destroying planetoids and moons. With modern Thor's durability, i don't see how he will be able to raise his arm to try to aim and throw his hammer, with the damage he will take from each hit.

#213 Posted by Fernando072295REBORN (502 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor hardly needs to throw his hammer in order to tag Superman.

#214 Posted by GypRosetti (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@CalebHara: Marvel didn't erase their history so we don't need a recent scan. Thor doesn't have to aim, he just has to throw, he commands the hammer to hit and it hits. Thor can take tremendous punishment so even if each punch of this speed blitz could level a planet, and I would like to see scans showing this, he may still be conscious. I don't know who is being blitzed here but as he's still standing in the second and third panel so would Thor. He survives the blitz, throws Mjolnir and the fight ends. Now if you take Mjolnir out of the equation most likely Superman wins but that's not the battle.

#215 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@GypRosetti: ill respond tomorrow, I'm to tired at the moment.

#216 Posted by kidThunder (70 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardian_of_gravity: what...please thor doesnt need that to face supes..let him go berserk with no holding back..then lets see.

#217 Edited by momo111191 (246 posts) - - Show Bio

Goodness when has Thor's hammer ever ended a fight with someone that strong the answer is never hell the hulk picked it up. If Thor throws it at superman he would go home crying because we all know it would have a new home in superman's hand. Superman has tank his much much stronger then the always failing to one shot people hammer that Thor needs to get around hell all superman needs to do is sun dip and he can go kill Thor and the rest of his over hyped family that never has the feats to back up there wins. and lastly the weakness to magic never stops superman from beating all kinds of dc magic power houses so just stop with that, not like Thor casts spells other then the lighting that superman can fly away from.

#218 Posted by Name55555 (218 posts) - - Show Bio

I think It depends on which Superman, but i say Thor

#219 Edited by THC (367 posts) - - Show Bio

@gyprosetti said:

This is what I was thinking in another thread. However Mjolnir doesn't hit with only magical force, but should hit with substantially more physical force than an IMP as well. I'm guessing the reason IMP knocks people flying around the planet is because of the ridiculous amount of kinetic force involved, and Mjolnir hitting someone at similar speeds would have a similar effect while generating much more force on the impact. And as long as it hasn't been retconned it should be canon, whereas things like Superman sneezing away a galaxy are obviously ridiculous... besides, modern Thor seems to be more focused on his roots rather than his status as a Marvel cosmic being

If it were a random encounter, Superman would probably be able to blitz even Warrior's Madness Thor down. However, because he's got prep and even knowledge, I say this goes to Thor with relative ease. Thor will be able to plan the tactical use of Mjolnir, and Clark will be hard strung to KO Thor while toughing it through a planet-shattering cosmic storm and tanking Mjolnir's blows

Goodness when has Thor's hammer ever ended a fight with someone that strong the answer is never hell the hulk picked it up. If Thor throws it at superman he would go home crying because we all know it would have a new home in superman's hand. Superman has tank his much much stronger then the always failing to one shot people hammer that Thor needs to get around hell all superman needs to do is sun dip and he can go kill Thor and the rest of his over hyped family that never has the feats to back up there wins. and lastly the weakness to magic never stops superman from beating all kinds of dc magic power houses so just stop with that, not like Thor casts spells other then the lighting that superman can fly away from.

The reason Thor doesn't go around one-shotting Earthlings is because he doesn't want to murder them. You're thinking of Ultimate Hulk lifting up Ultimate Thor's hammer. Ultimate Thor is in an alternate universe, and a mortal reincarnation of the real Thor. His hammer in that instance wasn't even the actual Mjolnir, only a technological replica.

#220 Edited by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@thc:

This is what I was thinking in another thread. However Mjolnir doesn't hit with only magical force, but should hit with substantially more physical force than an IMP as well. I'm guessing the reason IMP knocks people flying around the planet is because of the ridiculous amount of kinetic force involved, and Mjolnir hitting someone at similar speeds would have a similar effect while generating much more force on the impact. And as long as it hasn't been retconned it should be canon, whereas things like Superman sneezing away a galaxy are obviously ridiculous... besides, modern Thor seems to be more focused on his roots rather than his status as a Marvel cosmic being

Can you show me a time when Mjolnir created has the force of a supernova? The IMP does damage, because it hits with the force of a star exploding. Another thing is, Thor can't use Mjolnir at the same speeds that Flash/Superman can use an IMP. He has never shown that he is capable of light speed combat, actually, he has never come remotely close. He is actually very slow.

Superman hardly ever uses the IMP anyways. He has shown that he is perfectly capable fo shattering planetoids and cutting moons in half without it. One several occasions, his strikes have been considered as "planet busting" attacks.

If it were a random encounter, Superman would probably be able to blitz even Warrior's Madness Thor down. However, because he's got prep and even knowledge, I say this goes to Thor with relative ease. Thor will be able to plan the tactical use of Mjolnir, and Clark will be hard strung to KO Thor while toughing it through a planet-shattering cosmic storm and tanking Mjolnir's blows.

Not likely. Thor's beast reaction speed feat ever, is microsecond (and that was when tan lee wrote him). Superman has nanosecond reaction time, and is capable of blitzing opponents with Super speed. Thor's recent combat speed has been lower than street level. A bloodlusted Superman would blitz Thor before Thor could swing Mjolnir.

#221 Posted by momo111191 (246 posts) - - Show Bio

@thc: Sun Dip plain and simple if your going to act that Thor can do all the things he only does once in a blue moon then superman sun dips the part of my argument you never addressed superman ends this with ease.

#222 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#223 Posted by dondave (37408 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman snaps Thor's neck before he knows what's happening

#224 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes ftw

#225 Posted by McDerpyson (775 posts) - - Show Bio

Now if you'll excuse me...

#226 Posted by sommyt (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardian_of_gravity: lol wtf a thousand tonner ...thor has lifted miilion upon million of tons without any effort...he has lifted the midgard serpent which is larger than the earth. He has pushed the world engine ....lol and u say a thousand tonner #lmao #dead

#227 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3499 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#228 Edited by sharkiedoo (3 posts) - - Show Bio

As much i love the god of thunder but WM thor would lose to BL superman (because IMO that WM thor would just slug it out with superman and will just wildly swing mjolnir), but thor not holding back and using all of his abilities (weather manipulation, lightning, godblast, energy absorption, etc.) will win over BL superman...

#229 Edited by Perethorn (3399 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Thor wins but not easy. With Warrior Madness he receives a boost of power that a bloodlusted Superman does not have, that plus Mjolnir that helps him to make a lot of tricks.

#230 Posted by Dreadpool10 (916 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor without Warrior's Madness, Odinforce, or Belt of Strength can already lift the entire weight of the earth. Giving Thor Warrior's Madness is just increasing his already great strength tenfold.

#231 Edited by pein2010 (94 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Thor wins but not easy. With Warrior Madness he receives a boost of power that a bloodlusted Superman does not have, that plus Mjolnir that helps him to make a lot of tricks.

The problem of Thor vs superman is not the strength but slow reaction and not impressive durability of thor. Which means a bl superman will speedbliz him. It is not a problem here he has a lot of tricks with mjolnir since he is too slow. sup will destroy thor before he recognises what is happening. Seriously, he is even slower than wolverine.

Thor without Warrior's Madness, Odinforce, or Belt of Strength can already lift the entire weight of the earth. Giving Thor Warrior's Madness is just increasing his already great strength tenfold.

give the scan? and read above too.

#232 Posted by Dreadpool10 (916 posts) - - Show Bio

@pein2010 said:

@perethorn said:

The problem of Thor vs superman is not the strength but slow reaction and not impressive durability of thor. Which means a bl superman will speedbliz him. It is not a problem here he has a lot of tricks with mjolnir since he is too slow. sup will destroy thor before he recognises what is happening. Seriously, he is even slower than wolverine.

@dreadpool10 said:

Thor is certainly NOT slower than Wolverine. Thor could indeed counter Superman's speed blitz with his reflexes. Thor lifted the Midgard Serpent, who was so big that he could coil around the earth head to tail multiple times and crush it in its grip. I couldn't find that scan unfortunately.

#233 Edited by pein2010 (94 posts) - - Show Bio

@dreadpool10 said:

@pein2010 said:

@perethorn said:

@dreadpool10 said:

Thor is certainly NOT slower than Wolverine. Thor could indeed counter Superman's speed blitz with his reflexes. Thor lifted the Midgard Serpent, who was so big that he could coil around the earth head to tail multiple times and crush it in its grip. I couldn't find that scan unfortunately.

give canon scan or it never happens.

Thor admited that wolverine is faster than him. Cap is able to fight h2h to him without any probs. his reflexes is only a little more then if not equal to peak human.

#234 Edited by Perethorn (3399 posts) - - Show Bio

@pein2010 said:

@dreadpool10 said:

@pein2010 said:

@perethorn said:

@dreadpool10 said:

Thor admited that wolverine is faster than him. Cap is able to fight h2h to him without any probs. his reflexes is only a little more then if not equal to peak human.

Thor has nanosecond reaction time. And if we are going to base the facts on character statements, then Thor once said that he could one shot Ego.

And not impressive durablity? he survived being blasted by 4 Celestials, planet bursting attacks from Thanosi, being crushed by the weight of 20 planets. Thor is a pretty tough guy

#235 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes speedblitzes

#236 Posted by pein2010 (94 posts) - - Show Bio

@pein2010 said:

@dreadpool10 said:

@pein2010 said:

@perethorn said:

@dreadpool10 said:

Thor has nanosecond reaction time. And if we are going to base the facts on character statements, then Thor once said that he could one shot Ego.

And not impressive durablity? he survived being blasted by 4 Celestials, planet bursting attacks from Thanosi, being crushed by the weight of 40 planets. Thor is a pretty tough guy

plz lol, give me any scan where he has that reaction time. This statement is from himself, he lies to himself about losing a speed race to another mortal? i don't think so with his arrogance. I have never seen him to display faster reaction speed than cap. and for another feat, he is not able to tag quicksilver lol with "nanosecond reaction time"

another time i have to say, canon scans or it never happens.

#237 Posted by Lvenger (19905 posts) - - Show Bio

The age old debate that has an obvious winner few actually acknowledge.

#238 Edited by Perethorn (3399 posts) - - Show Bio

@pein2010 said:

@perethorn said:

@pein2010 said:

@dreadpool10 said:

@pein2010 said:

@perethorn said:

@dreadpool10 said:

And not impressive durablity? he survived being blasted by 4 Celestials, planet bursting attacks from Thanosi, being crushed by the weight of 40 planets. Thor is a pretty tough guy

plz lol, give me any scan where he has that reaction time. This statement is from himself, he lies to himself about losing a speed race to another mortal? i don't think so with his arrogance. I have never seen him to display faster reaction speed than cap. and for another feat, he is not able to tag quicksilver lol with "nanosecond reaction time"

This is the prove and i am perfectly aware of that the guy in the scan is BRB, but they are equals in power and by equals means EQUALS, in fact, i will say that Thor is a little more powerful.

And if that does not convince you

Thor threw his hammer FTL and was able to catch it.

#239 Posted by heroesgold (608 posts) - - Show Bio

Leaning towards WM Thor, but the fight could go either way.

#240 Edited by pein2010 (94 posts) - - Show Bio

@perethorn said:

@pein2010 said:

@perethorn said:

@pein2010 said:

@dreadpool10 said:

@pein2010 said:

@perethorn said:

@dreadpool10 said:

This is the prove and i am perfectly aware of that the guy in the scan is BRB, but they are equals in power and by equals means EQUALS, in fact, i will say that Thor is a little more powerful.

there are so many wrong in your arguments:

1) abc argument is not allowed here

2) equals in power does not mean equal in reaction time.

3) see something travelling at multiple light speed is not anything impressive. I saw the lightning bolt travelling > march. does that mean I can travel at march or my reaction time at march ?

use ur head plz.

For the second page you have just added. there is no reason to believe he throw it at flt ...

Everyone on this page believes thor's reaction time is slow. Congratulation to be on the "rare list". I am tired of correcting ur flaws. the peta may get angry with me.

#241 Posted by Perethorn (3399 posts) - - Show Bio

I uploaded other scan but if you want more. Thor reflexes are at least good enough to swap bullets away, nothing compared to Light Speed but that shows that he has better reflexes than average human.

And with Wolverine

a. He ALWAYS holds back on Earth, he was using less than a third of his full capacities

b. He was able to beat him at the end without much trouble

c. He said that Wolverine was moving faster, not that he was faster (If that is really the case, show me a scan of wolverine traveling FTL)

The one with Captain America was Eric Masterson, a lame version of Thor that has nothing on this Thor.

#242 Edited by pein2010 (94 posts) - - Show Bio

@perethorn said:

I uploaded other scan but if you want more. Thor reflexes are at least good enough to swap bullets away, nothing compared to Light Speed but that shows that he has better reflexes than average human.

And with Wolverine

a. He ALWAYS holds back on Earth, he was using less than a third of his full capacities

c. He said that Wolverine was moving faster, not that he was faster (If that is really the case, show me a scan of wolverine traveling FTL)

The one with Captain America was Eric Masterson, a lame version of Thor that has nothing on this Thor.

did i say anything that thor has equal reflexes to average human? I said thor has equal or a little more reflexes than peak human. could you please come back and read my comment? so now, you claimed before that he has nanosec reaction time. now you say that he has better than average human? is that a good feat for your nano thing? and what is a reflex of a peak human can be compared with real light speed reflex of supes (that is 10000...... a lot of 0 faster).

I never said that thor will lose to wolverine also. i just said wolverine is faster than him to show how slow thor is compared to supes. and what is the point of winning wolverine in the fight with supes anw. he is just peak human.

thor can not travel at ftl by himself. the Mjolnir does. he can control it but due to slow reaction, supes can easily blitz him.

#243 Posted by Perethorn (3399 posts) - - Show Bio

@pein2010:

He throw it at light speed because the hammer traveled half of the galaxy in a few seconds. Read the scan

Thor is not dying with a speed blitz, he has endured much more powerful things.And if speed blitz is the only argument to defend Superman, then that is pretty lame.

#244 Posted by pein2010 (94 posts) - - Show Bio

@pein2010:

He throw it at light speed because the hammer traveled half of the galaxy in a few seconds. Read the scan

Thor is not dying with a speed blitz, he has endured much more powerful things.And if speed blitz is the only argument to defend Superman, then that is pretty lame.

1stly, there is no reason to believe that the hammer comes to his hand is flt. it can travel flt than before come back to him, it slows down. btw, can not read the scan due to the small size.

2ndly, you admit that he can be speed blitz due to low reaction time. speed blitz is the argument that can be used here(bl) as well as all flash topic. I have not seen any scans until now which display durability of wm thor, but WM does not increase durability so i assume it is similar to normal thor. like 100000 hits in less than a sec of sups can easily destroy thor.

finally, i countered all your scans, your arguments and anything. So unless you bring new feat here, it is done. sups win. period.

#245 Edited by CaptnMcDeadpool (961 posts) - - Show Bio

Nano second reaction time? I have never read anything with Thor that would suggest he is even close to that kind of reaction speed. I've see microsecond reaction speed and other feats which are indicative of him having super speed. I'm no Superman expert, but depending on what camp your in, Superman (pre-Nu52 Supes, not sure about the current version), Superman is just under or just over light speed in terms of reflexes.

Thor is nowhere near this kind of reaction speed. Also, I've not read anything that would indicate Thor's "warrior's madness" increases his strength ten fold. I've read that...problem is, it has never been demonstrated. Don't get me wrong, any given comic feat should either explicitly indicate what the character can do OR make it apparent what the character is capable of (for example, hypothetically, if Thor had reflexes around light speed, but never showed them in combat, I wouldn't have a problem saying he could use that speed in a combat situation).

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Thor but, bottom line, if it was not for Supes superior speed, this would be a good fight. Otherwise, Thor gets blitzed and knocked out, before he realizes what happened.

#246 Posted by Perethorn (3399 posts) - - Show Bio

@pein2010:

Again, Thor can endure planet bursting attacks. With a speed blitz is much to say that Superman will crush a moon. Superman will have to use his heat vision or his ice breath, both can be absorbed by Thor rather easily.

#247 Edited by dum529001 (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

What does it mean to posses the power of Thor?

Thor flexes and snaps adamantium alloy cables like they were nothing, from Thor #309:

Does this look familiar? Twenty years later, Thor literally re-performs his feat of lifting a metal railway and sustaining the weight of a passing train as it races by, from Thor #319:

Early on, Thor pushes over the Leaning Tower of Pisa with his finger, from Journey Into Mystery #92:

And large numbers already are quantified as Thor leg presses millions of tons of rock onto the Destroyer, fromJourney Into Mystery #119:

After the villain, Graviton, finds his powers uncontrollable, he compresses an entire floating city into a sphere, and Thor, along with several other Avengers, find themselves supporting and then heaving millions of tons of weight into the Atlantic, from Avengers #159:

Thor tows the small island, Hydrobase, into New York harbor, from Avengers #301:

At the conclusion of Acts of Vengeance, Thor closes a chasm of a "million tons of earth" over Loki, from West Coast Avengers #55:

Here Thor crushes a force-field of the Power Cosmic (amped by Loki's power) that keeps him from Mjolnir, from Silver Surfer #4:

Here, Thor destroys another of Silver Surfer's force-fields with a single strike, from Silver Surfer #4:

As for pure collateral damage, a single punch met with the same force has leveled a countryside, from Thor#338:

And with repeated blows? Thor and Red Norvell literally wreck Asgard with their fist-fight and almost deafen Heimdall, from Thor #476:

Thor literally matches a Savage Hulk's strength in a grappling contest for an entire hour, from Defenders #10:

Indeed, his punch is so powerful that combined with a punch of equal strength, it is capable of actually closing dimensional rifts, from Avengers #100:

Here, he stalemates immortal Hercules in a contest of arm-wrestling, from Thor #222:

Thor resists a force "as though half a planet" were bearing down on him, from Thor #140:

Thor resists the gravimetric pull akin to "that of a neutron star" and busts out, from Thor #281:

Thor actually lifts the Midgard Serpent who is powerful enough to crush the earth. Note that the catastrophic effects of such a feat are actually physically felt on Earth, from Thor #32:

Survives the weight of twenty planets in Thor annual vol 1. #9 :

Thor has resisted extreme ranges of heat throughout his career. Thor doesn't even register a reaction when immersed in lava, from Avengers #5:

Thor walks around inside the furnace of the trolls, whose fires were used to forge Mjolnir, from Thor #211:

Magical fire-bolts engulf Thor to no effect, from Thor #292:

Ghost Rider's pure hellfire blasts are useless in Avengers #214:

Cosmic fire-bolts from the Herald, Firelord, have a similarly negligible effect in Thor #306:

And Thor has literally stood in the center of the Sun while confronting Atum in Thor Annual #14:

On the opposite end of the spectrum, Thor effortlessly resists arctic forces summoned by the Executioner in one of his first fights in Journey Into Mystery #103:

Here, Thor resists the "devastating energy of an exploding sun" from the Executioner's axe, from Journey Into Mystery #103:

Thanos' fleet nails Thor with a salvo of energy blasts and the mere indirect impact knocks both Captain Marvel and Ironman unconscious in Marvel Two-In-One Annual #2:

Thor is not only immune to electricity blasts, but indeed refreshed by them as shown in Thor #288:

One of his most impressive feats, Thor survives being rocked by multiple blasts by the Fourth Host of Celestials, from Thor #300:

Thor's unconscious body isn't even destroyed by a Doomsday Bomb capable of destroying a planet, fromThor #387:

And while empowered by the Odinforce,Thor has resisted the Destroyer's beam of total disintegration in Thorvol. 3 #5:

Here, we see Thor flying outside a window and when Jane Foster gets his attention, Thor manages to intercept Cobra's poison dart within a split-second. The dart is fired before he even is inside the room, just to give you the proper frame of reference to understand the speed and reflexes necessary in Journey Into Mystery #98:

Thor digs a trench in a blur of motion that is "almost too fast for the human eye to follow." From Marvel Team-Up #26:

And here, while helping rebuild Asgard, Thor hammers down repeatedly on a pillar and "becomes a blur of motion" in Thor #267:

Here, Thor fights Heimdall and swings his hammer down on him at speeds "moving too swiftly for the eye to follow," even too fast for Heimdall in Journey Into Mystery#125:

Here, Hela only has to touch Thor in order to ensnare his soul in 1v1 combat, but is unable to do so because of his speed, "His speed, his anger, are beyond comprehension!" From Thor #354:

Here, while fending off two Herald-level foes, Adam Warlock likens his ability to catch his staff mid-swing and his combat speed to that of lightning, "He moves like the lightning he commands, much quicker than I remember." From Infinity Watch #23:

Here, in the space of one and one-fifth seconds, Thor dives out of the sky, smashes Mjolnir down and causes a supersonic shockwave to divert a runaway truck from killing a young boy ACROSS the city in Journey Into Mystery #108:

Here, in the space of micro-seconds before a zooming cursed Mjolnir will strike Thor from behind, Thor lays a haymaker onto an Enchanter and spins around in time to snatch Mjolnir in mid-air, from Thor #144:

Here, Thor is about to have his face smashed by a cursed Mjolnir which is zooming back to him, but he moves swiftly enough on reaction to dodge it inThor vol. 2 #27:

With his great speed, without the use of his natural control over the weather, he can create winds of hurricane force or greater- than-hurricane-force air shockwaves in Journey Into Mystery #100 and #84:

Here, he literally snatches a fired tank shell out of mid-air with his bare hand and bats a barrage of them back in Journey Into Mystery #93:

And similarly snatches a fired missile with his bare hand in Marvel Team-Up #148:

Here, with FTB speed, he deflects two bullets with a single swing way back in Journey Into Mystery #100:

Here, he blocks a single bullet with the head of Mjolnir before whirling it to create a field in Thor #246:

And many times again...

Here, Thor flings Mjolnir to the farthest reaches of the galaxy in Thor: Whom The Gods Would Destroy:

And he can fling the hammer many times the speed of light and transcend the boundaries of time and space inThor #392-393, Thor #140 and Thor #274:

As for FTL reactions that can be measured in nanoseconds (light travels one foot per nanosecond), he's swung and swatted away Blastaar's energy blasts inThor #270:

Far from a one-off FTL feat, he does the same to Mole Man's energy blaster shot in Marvel Two-In-One #96:

Here, Enchantress shoots a blast at Captain America and Thor reacts with FTL speed to cut off the energy blast in mid-flight, from Marvel Comics Presents#44:

Thor can spin Mjolnlr around fast enough to shield himself from lasers, from Thor #218:

Phoenix shoots a telepathic blast at a groggy Thor at the moment Thor's arms are at his side. AFTER the shot is fired and already traveling at him, Thor raises his arms and reflects it back with Mjolnir. Telepathy being instantaneous traditionally (as noted in the narration), we can assume for the sake of argument that it was only traveling at light-speed, making this another FTL feat, from Excalibur#428:

He can even block a constant barrage of laser vision from Count Nefaria, from Avengers #166:

He bats away a possessed Iron Man's repulsor rays in Avengers vol. 3 #3:

And again bats away ray blasts in a training session in Avengers vol. 3 #23:

Mjolnir also allows for simulated flight whereby when thrown it could pull it's wielder along:

And no matter what, it's been explained that "Thor can always control the course of his flight," from Thor #400:

In terms of flight speed, he's flown at least three times the speed of light, from Thor #185:

#248 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@perethorn:

None of that matters except your so-called 'nanosecond' feats

Energy blasts don't travel anywhere near the speed of light. Blastaar? Mole-Man? XD

'Races instantly'? In a CLASSIC COMIC? Wolverine's 'instantly dodged'!

#249 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12176 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman still wins, Warrior Madness doesn't make Thor any faster ........

#250 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2827 posts) - - Show Bio

@pein2010 said:

@perethorn said:

And with Wolverine

did i say anything that thor has equal reflexes to average human? I said thor has equal or a little more reflexes than peak human. could you please come back and read my comment? so now, you claimed before that he has nanosec reaction time. now you say that he has better than average human? is that a good feat for your nano thing? and what is a reflex of a peak human can be compared with real light speed reflex of supes (that is 10000...... a lot of 0 faster).

I never said that thor will lose to wolverine also. i just said wolverine is faster than him to show how slow thor is compared to supes. and what is the point of winning wolverine in the fight with supes anw. he is just peak human.

thor can not travel at ftl by himself. the Mjolnir does. he can control it but due to slow reaction, supes can easily blitz him.

It is a misconception that Thor is "slow". I remember in one fight with the Surfer and Galactus where he blew pass SS; that is well as enough speed for Superman, since Surfer can move at speed of light.