Who wins?

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By whydama

Thanos (pre Bendis) will solo. He cannot be killed and he has too many crazy powers.

Thanos (post Bendis retcon) is a nonfactor. He will die in 1 sec. Then, it boils down to Darkseid vs Thor and Superman. I think Darkseid will lose after a long battle

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ghost_rider1
@whydama

Thanos might not be able to be killed but he can still be KO'ED
whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By whydama

@ghost_rider1:

Neither of them can KO Thanos. Thanos has tanked blasts from Galactus without being KO'ed.

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ghost_rider1
@whydama

@ghost_rider1:

Neither of them can KO Thanos. Thanos has tanked blasts from Galactus without being KO'ed.

So u don't think Silver Age superman can hurt thanos. Ill need some other opinions about that
throughmyeyez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By throughmyeyez

Thanos could materalize him, control his mind and withstand hiw.bloss. Darkseod could use the omega beams to thrash superman , than ts thor vs the latter 2 , a.curbstomp in itself. team 2

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By uberhikari

@whydama said:

@ghost_rider1:

You don't think Silver Age Superman can hurt Thanos? That's taking it a little too far, no? Can you at least give some examples of Thanos's durability feats that would allow him to trade blows with pre-crisis Supes without being hurt?

Avatar image for regal_rumble_man
Regal_Rumble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Regal_Rumble_Man

Team one because PC/SA feats for both superman and thor ...

sh!t be cray

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Killemall

This is not even fair, Silver Age superman can solo even if Thor is on the other team (assuming magic wont outrightkill him though). He is vastly faster than anyone here, vastly stronger, and more versatile (coz he can get a new power for every occasion).

SA Superman cant be beaten by these folks, like at all.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Emperorb777

I came in this thinking it must be Pc, Soulfire or ALE Darkseid because there is no reason to believe anyone here stands a chance against SA Superman. He could take the team himself with a few casual pimp smacks.

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By whydama

@uberhikari:

I said Superman can't KO Thanos. He might be able to draw some blood, but thats it before he gets imprisoned in a block of pure force,

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@whydama: He tried that with Odin with no avail. SA Superman wins.

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By whydama

@Mr_Ingenuity: Odin is different from SA Supes.

Besides it worked against Thor with power gem. Why wouldnt it work against Superman?

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@whydama said:

@Mr_Ingenuity: Odin is different from SA Supes.

Besides it worked against Thor with power gem. Why wouldnt it work against Superman?

Thor was on a warrior madness trip so him legitimately using the power gem is null & void. Odin can amp his strength SA has unlimited strength from the get go.

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By uberhikari

@whydama said:

@uberhikari:

I said Superman can't KO Thanos. He might be able to draw some blood, but thats it before he gets imprisoned in a block of pure force,

That's true, but still, lol. I know Thanos was something like a Titan-god before Michael Bendis nerfed him, but I didn't know he was that strong. Was Thanos ever KO'd before the Michael Bendis nerfing?

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By whydama

@uberhikari:

I am not sure ask

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Killemall

@uberhikari: Thanos has been KOed multiple times but its either against a very powerful opponent or a huge context involved. Lets go chronologically when Thanos was KOed and lets not include various Thanosides that has been retconned out of continuity.

1. The first time Thanos was KOed was during his first story arc, the cosmic cube unleased, and he merged with cosmic cube making him a god. In Captain Marvel, Volume 1 Issue 33, Captain Marvel broke the cosmic cube that was the source of Thanos godhood and it KOed Thanos in the process.

While you cant see Thanos KOed in the set of scan, this story was essentially retold during Warlock Volume 1, Issue 10 and they pretty clearly showed Thanos being KOed, here is the relevant scan.

No Caption Provided

2. He was KOed a second time during soul gem saga, where he basically collected the essense of soul gems , made it into a giant synthetic gem and wanted to use it to destroy all star in his galaxy. Marvel Two in One, Annual 02 Adam Warlock enters the synthetic gem and comes out bristling with power and turns Thanos into stone, i assume that kind of fits as KO as well.

These two were before his resurrection, Lady Death resurrect Thanos then mystically enhancing his abilities.

3. Thanos gets a solo issue and in Thanos 09, Thanos is KOed by a blast from Kosmos who is a cosmic cube being privy of infinite powers. This was an outright KO with no context involved.

And if you want a little perspective on how powerful a cosmic cube beings are , a fight between two incomplete cosmic cube beings (Molecule Man Beyonder, after their retcon) was affecting the multiverse and multiple timelines, here are relevant links to the scan from Fantastic Four Annual 27

Beyonder-MM fight :

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/ffann02754.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/683/ffann02755.jpg/

4. Thanos was them killed by Drax during Annihilation 04, this was not a fair fight, Thanos was trying to rescue Galactus while Drax ripped his heart out, and Drax was made to kill Thanos. Many people far more powerful than Drax (and Drax is only 75 tonner) have been unable to harm Thanos.

After being killed by Drax, Thanos is later resurrected during Thanos Imperative saga and he was more powerful than before.

5. In Thanos imperative saga, Thanos gets hit by a cosmic cube and is KOed. This is a weak and disoriented Thanos who had just come back to life, but cosmic cube should have been able to KO Thanos regardless of his state during Guardian Of The Galaxy 25, they are after all cubes of unlimited energy able to grant you any wish.

These are all the times Thanos has been shown to be KOed on panel.

Although personally i think SA Superman can KO him, Thanos has been hurt by physical force before and he has never physically fought anyone as strong as SA Superman, apart from being able to match Tyrant in a short fight physically and we know who would have won that fight.

Hope this helps.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By laflux

@Killemall said:

apart from being able to match Tyrant in a short fight physically and we know who would have won that fight.

Sorry, I guess I just feel like being silly. Yeah, Thanos teleported away not so much cause he proved himself, but because he would have lost- badly.

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nerdork

Silver Age Superman was barely less than complete omnipotence. Teamed up with OF Thor makes it even more devastating. I think it depends on which version of Thanos is coming to play. Darkseid will make it difficult, no matter what version he is. Except maybe The New 52 version.

Supes and Thor FTW! 6 - 7/10

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Iragexcudder

Thanos single handed wins. Darkseid is just a distraction and thanos kills him after. Supes and thor die in less than a minute.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Killemall

Why are people under-estimating Silver Age Superman so badly. I dont see Thanos could possible beat SA Superman when he is bloodlusted o_O, what am i missing here?

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ghost_rider1
@Killemall

Why are people under-estimating Silver Age Superman so badly. I dont see Thanos could possible beat SA Superman when he is bloodlusted o_O, what am i missing here?

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ghost_rider1
@ghost_rider1
@Killemall

I always thought thanos could probably hang with him....if not outright beat him in a fight
Avatar image for beautifulrevery
beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By beautifulrevery

Silver Age Supes sneezed galaxies. I really don't think there's any way Thanos and Darkseid can compete with that

PlasticBag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By PlasticBag

@Iragexcudder said:

Thanos single handed wins. Darkseid is just a distraction and thanos kills him after. Supes and thor die in less than a minute.

No

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By uberhikari

@Killemall said:

@uberhikari: Thanos has been KOed multiple times but its either against a very powerful opponent or a huge context involved. Lets go chronologically when Thanos was KOed and lets not include various Thanosides that has been retconned out of continuity.

1. The first time Thanos was KOed was during his first story arc, the cosmic cube unleased, and he merged with cosmic cube making him a god. In Captain Marvel, Volume 1 Issue 33, Captain Marvel broke the cosmic cube that was the source of Thanos godhood and it KOed Thanos in the process.

While you cant see Thanos KOed in the set of scan, this story was essentially retold during Warlock Volume 1, Issue 10 and they pretty clearly showed Thanos being KOed, here is the relevant scan.

No Caption Provided

2. He was KOed a second time during soul gem saga, where he basically collected the essense of soul gems , made it into a giant synthetic gem and wanted to use it to destroy all star in his galaxy. Marvel Two in One, Annual 02 Adam Warlock enters the synthetic gem and comes out bristling with power and turns Thanos into stone, i assume that kind of fits as KO as well.

These two were before his resurrection, Lady Death resurrect Thanos then mystically enhancing his abilities.

3. Thanos gets a solo issue and in Thanos 09, Thanos is KOed by a blast from Kosmos who is a cosmic cube being privy of infinite powers. This was an outright KO with no context involved.

And if you want a little perspective on how powerful a cosmic cube beings are , a fight between two incomplete cosmic cube beings (Molecule Man Beyonder, after their retcon) was affecting the multiverse and multiple timelines, here are relevant links to the scan from Fantastic Four Annual 27

Beyonder-MM fight :

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/ffann02754.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/683/ffann02755.jpg/

4. Thanos was them killed by Drax during Annihilation 04, this was not a fair fight, Thanos was trying to rescue Galactus while Drax ripped his heart out, and Drax was made to kill Thanos. Many people far more powerful than Drax (and Drax is only 75 tonner) have been unable to harm Thanos.

After being killed by Drax, Thanos is later resurrected during Thanos Imperative saga and he was more powerful than before.

5. In Thanos imperative saga, Thanos gets hit by a cosmic cube and is KOed. This is a weak and disoriented Thanos who had just come back to life, but cosmic cube should have been able to KO Thanos regardless of his state during Guardian Of The Galaxy 25, they are after all cubes of unlimited energy able to grant you any wish.

These are all the times Thanos has been shown to be KOed on panel.

Although personally i think SA Superman can KO him, Thanos has been hurt by physical force before and he has never physically fought anyone as strong as SA Superman, apart from being able to match Tyrant in a short fight physically and we know who would have won that fight.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Sethlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Sethlol

The writers will never let SA Superman lose.

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By whydama

@Killemall said:

fanboyism?

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By nerdork

@whydama said:

@Killemall said:

fanboyism?

says the viner whose backing Thanos like their married.

SpectroRaphael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SpectroRaphael

Thanos is sincerely overrated, and it seems that that is the ultimate goal of the writers. Which other villain has been given ultimate power 3 times? They are just dying to boost up his image to make him seem unbeatable, but without OP items, he is a significantly weaker threat. SA Superman will take him alone no sweat. He could sneeze him out!

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By XiiX

Superman solos.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@XiiX said:

Superman solos.

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Spartan101

hahha A PISSED OFF S A SUPERMAN?????????????? OH MY.......................

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SA Superman solos all 3 at the same time. This is a mismatch.

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Deadgod

SA Superman & Thor win

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jobbernos

superman solos.

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only real threat is Uxas . Thanos doesn't stand a chance

wyrm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Age SM solos most characters.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SA Superman reduces Thor, Darkseid, and Thanos into a paste.

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Age Superman oneshots Darkseid and Thanos with a single punch, accidentally killing Thor with the shockwave.

Avatar image for deactivated-61c1f20acb732
deactivated-61c1f20acb732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SA Superman solos

Karit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering Silver Age Superman shook a galaxy just by laughing really hard (yes,that happened), he could hang with Thanos.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethlol said:

The writers will never let SA Superman lose.

@xiix said:

Superman solos.

@XiiX said:

Superman solos.

@logy5000 said:

SA Superman solos all 3 at the same time. This is a mismatch.

superman solos.

@wyrm said:
@jobbernos said:

superman solos.

SA Superman reduces Thor, Darkseid, and Thanos into a paste.

Silver Age Superman oneshots Darkseid and Thanos with a single punch, accidentally killing Thor with the shockwave.

@maxlabp said:

SA Superman solos

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this the same Thanos that wasn't even affected by Odin's strongest attack?

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46  Edited By Claymore1998

@106me said:

Is this the same Thanos that wasn't even affected by Odin's strongest attack?

Unaffected by Odin's strongest attack hehe, you would need to defined "unaffected" and "strongest attack" though, friend. Thanos may not have yielded the fight but when we see 4 panels in a page dedicated to simply showing Thanos stand up, with smoking coming out from around his body, it seem to suggest he was already struggling to stand up. Well at least that's how I interpreted the scene.

But perhaps, your interpretation is different from mine. I do admit it was never said that Thanos was struggling to even stand up in the issue, but the portrayal seem to suggest so.

The only problem with this assessment I suppose would be the 2 recent stories where it has one hinted that Thanos was a bigger threat to ego without extra amp, then Galactus and Odin (something that really did not make sense to me), or his recent claim against Annihilus that he has never fought at full power. Not really sure how to make sense of that, I shall relegate that head-ache to you coz I can hehehe

No Caption Provided

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karit said:

Considering Silver Age Superman shook a galaxy just by laughing really hard (yes,that happened), he could hang with Thanos.

Fraid that never happened.

However, 'hang with Thanos' is something of an understatement. SA Superman is to Thanos what Thanos is to Spiderman.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@106me: Sorry friend then you have me at a loss to what you mean. What instance were you referring to, would you be kind enough to post a scan or perhaps even describe the event. Maybe we can discuss then.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e9d095c91dd
deactivated-60e9d095c91dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THOR GODSTOMPS