#1 Posted by TheTmac (472 posts) - - Show Bio

Gimli gets his axe,Thorin gets Orcrist.

They start 10 feet apart in a open field both are bloodlusted.

Win by death.

#2 Posted by Alyssabird (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

Thorin owns, did you see how badass and sexy he was when he stood up to the Pale Orc? I mean he got tossed around after the stare down, but yunno...

#3 Posted by Bo88gdan (4955 posts) - - Show Bio

Gimli

#4 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

Thorin, he's far more agile with orcrist and would kill gimli without him even landing a blow

#5 Edited by tparks (5505 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#6 Posted by Mandarinestro (5199 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Thorin.

#7 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (6516 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Gimli like the mightiest Dwarf ever?

#8 Posted by martinceld (841 posts) - - Show Bio

gimli seemed to handle fodder better than thoring, but we dont get to see him fight anyone noteworthy 1on1 in the movies. I havent read the books so I dunno if theres anything from it. I would say gimli though

#9 Posted by deadcool_XD (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Thorin

#10 Posted by Leo-343 (9382 posts) - - Show Bio

Thorin in a food fight.

#11 Posted by OrdinaryAlan (3991 posts) - - Show Bio

Gimli's fodder = Uruk-Hai. Thorin's fodder = regular orcs.

Gimli 8/10.

#12 Posted by CMSlager94 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's just think about this: Gimli was graced by Gladriel herself AND was licensed to pass into the West. That's kind of a big deal. Not that his reputation would earn him a victory in battle, but it's an important peripheral note.

I think Gimli's warrior-like faction has been demonstrated more than Thorin's ever was. Thorin had a more notable story by slaying Azog, but Gimli bested Legolas—a godamn Elven prince warrior badass—by one in a Uruk-slay count (43 to 42). Uruks are formidably tougher, stronger, and smarter than the goblins that Thorin fought. We should note that Azog may have been over-rated in the theatrical adaption to his character, too.