Thor,Gladiator Vs Darkseid

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Spartan101

Fight in nyc,no morals,no bfr,gladiator at 100% coinfidence. Start 1 mile apart..pre 52 darkseid.

,,,,,vs,,,,

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

Darkseid pwns.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c63f773eaecf
deactivated-5c63f773eaecf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dredeuced

Yeah, Gladiator's 100% confidence thing never really matters when you take on big boys who could lay cosmic level beatdowns the way Darkseid can -- it's like a Green Lantern thing where he's powered by willpower, without all the actual utility of being a Green Lantern. I actually think Thor's got decent enough feats to fight Darkseid, but he'd lose the majority of the time when you account for his inconsistencies. Darkseid can take pretty much any blow they can give him and I don't think they can take on his OB, Telepathy, and generally above superman strength and speed.

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Spartan101

@Dredeuced:

was thinking though thors ability to absorb D/S's O/B with his hammer? plus galds at 100% is a superman level threat?

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jackofspades

team wins gladiator is like supes when at 100% and supes can beat darkseid + thor = the win

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By czarny_samael666

Mjolnir > OB, ergo Thor solos, since he can take DS best shot, while Gladiator can't.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bigcimmerian

Team barely wins.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Killemall

While Mjolnir could theoretically absorb the OB, but seeing how his omega beam, at least not to my knoweledge has never been absorbed and can essentially go around the mjolnir if he so wishes makes it hard to use that a definitive win.

Darkseid isnt as power as he used to be, or as powerful as he gets rated on comicvine and individually i would give Darkseid a lot better odds against either Thor or Gladiator, the team might actually win this. Wont be easy.

I see it going something like 6/10 (in Darkseid's favor).

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dondave

Team Wins 5.5/10

Sethlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sethlol

Darkseid.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By blackadamFTW

@czarny_samael666 said:

Mjolnir > OB, ergo Thor solos, since he can take DS best shot, while Gladiator can't.

Wait, what? Even if Mjolnir could absorb it, Thor couldn't react to it. Superman can't even dodge them, so Thor sure as hell can't. A morals off Darkseid's omega beams would be capable of one shotting Thor.

Plus, what's Thor going to do to him? Doubt he'll be able to brawl with him, and his lightning attack won't do much. He can't BFR him, since Darkseid can do the exact same thing. A godblast is unlikely, and I doubt he'd be able to use in time for him to win (even though I don't think the godblast would permanently put down Darkseid).

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By tomlikesfries

@Sethlol said:

Darkseid.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Freefa11

@Killemall said:

While Mjolnir could theoretically absorb the OB, but seeing how his omega beam, at least not to my knoweledge has never been absorbed and can essentially go around the mjolnir if he so wishes makes it hard to use that a definitive win.

I can actually think of one occasion where they were, in Total Justice 3

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

They've also been blocked or deflected enough times to make it clear it is possible to intercept them without them being able to evade or go around the object, although I think most cases involve someone with better reflexes than Thor.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bo88gdan

Team must win

SteveRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SteveRogers

@BigCimmerian said:

Team barely wins.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By blackadamFTW

@Freefa11: Was that when they had all that Darkseid avatar crap? Also, this is a morals off Darkseid, and, honestly, most of the time, it doesn't seem like Darkseid really gives a sh!t.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Killemall said:

Darkseid isnt as power as he used to be, or as powerful as he gets rated on comicvine and individually i would give Darkseid a lot better odds against either Thor or Gladiator, the team might actually win this. Wont be easy.

I see it going something like 6/10 (in Darkseid's favor).

1.I was thinking about draining, rather than absorbing. This is no-morals Thor. 
2.And I forgot that since itis "Out of morals" fight, Gladiator as well as Thor can speedblitz Darkseid. 
@blackadamFTW said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

Wait, what? Even if Mjolnir could absorb it, Thor couldn't react to it. Superman can't even dodge them, so Thor sure as hell can't. A morals off Darkseid's omega beams would be capable of one shotting Thor.

Plus, what's Thor going to do to him? Doubt he'll be able to brawl with him, and his lightning attack won't do much. He can't BFR him, since Darkseid can do the exact same thing. A godblast is unlikely, and I doubt he'd be able to use in time for him to win (even though I don't think the godblast would permanently put down Darkseid).

He don't need to react to anything. As I've said above - I was thinking about drainning powers.
A morals off  Thor will speedblitz him. Darkseid isn't even close to speed of people like Thor or Gladiator.  
I doubt that Darkseid is really that durable. And bloodlusted Thor was able to KO Silver Surfer with his thunder.
blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By blackadamFTW

@czarny_samael666: Actually, he does not to react to something. Darkseid will start out his battle with omega beams, and if he does, Thor won't, and can't react to them. How would he drain his omega effect? It's not like he's an energy based being.

Wait, did you just say that Darkseid isn't even close to being to the speed of THOR? Thor's a freakin' slowpoke! His reaction time street level at best, while Darkseid has demonstrated microsecond reaction time. A blitz won't do much to Darkseid anyway. A bloodlusted Supes blitzed him, and he countered it with a pimp slap to the face.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By Killemall

@czarny_samael666 said:

1.I was thinking about draining, rather than absorbing. This is no-morals Thor.

I am certainly no Darkseid expert and have mostly read his appearances from Superman issues i find it hard to believe Thor can drain Darkseid. Lets ask one of the Darkseid's expert to hear what he has to say. (@Freefa11: ) has anyone every attempted to drain Darkseid, would you think this would be a viable option?

2.And I forgot that since itis "Out of morals" fight, Gladiator as well as Thor can speedblitz Darkseid.

This i dont agree, while Gladiator might be capable of blitzing Darkseid, Thor ability to blitz, well anyone seems a little off to me. He isnt really known for his reaction speed in the modern continuity, after Stan Lee stopped writing Thor. Also i for one dont remember Thor ever blitzing anyone, but i am missing most of his avengers appearances, maybe if there is anything you have seen.

Also the only speed feat from Darkseid that i can find is this.

Superman Volume 2, Issue 03

No Caption Provided

Just to be sure that nothing here seem mis-interpreted, this takes place during Legend story arc, although this particular feat (which is by no means a quantifiable speed) becomes questionable because Darkseid's appearnce in later part of the same story arc was effectively retconned as being Desak with Darkseid's power, which was pretty much to eliminate Superman getting the better of Darkseid in a straight up fight before being BFRed. So i am not entirely sure if that retcon affects this particular feat.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By czarny_samael666
@blackadamFTW said:

@czarny_samael666: Actually, he does not to react to something. Darkseid will start out his battle with omega beams, and if he does, Thor won't, and can't react to them. How would he drain his omega effect? It's not like he's an energy based being.

Wait, did you just say that Darkseid isn't even close to being to the speed of THOR? Thor's a freakin' slowpoke! His reaction time street level at best, while Darkseid has demonstrated microsecond reaction time. A blitz won't do much to Darkseid anyway. A bloodlusted Supes blitzed him, and he countered it with a pimp slap to the face.

Moment in which Darkseid is shootihng his beams, Thor can absorb that energy. So OB won't get past Mjolnir. 
When Darkseid showed mikrosecond reaction? If You think about showing in ALE's dimension, then You have to know that DS was boosted by Etrigan's power at the moment. And Thor actually has at least microsecond reaction speed. Actually if he is able to grab Red Hulk instead of flying trough him in speed greater than light's one, he has to have even nanosecond reaction speed. And since Thor is out of morals, I can use that feat here. 

@Killemall
Thor and Glad are out of morals here, so I don't see why they won't speedblitz DS. Gladiator has nanosecond reaction speed for sure. And Thor was able to grab Rulk without hurting him when he was flying FTL, but IIRC You know that scans.
blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By blackadamFTW

@czarny_samael666: Could you show me a scan of Thor straight up absorbing an energy blast without reacting to it?

When Darkseid showed mikrosecond reaction?

He said he had to react in a microsecond, and he did. Don't remember when or where I saw it, but I remember it.

And Thor actually has at least microsecond reaction speed.

Since when?

Actually if he is able to grab Red Hulk instead of flying trough him in speed greater than light's one, he has to have even nanosecond reaction speed.

If he stopped and grabbed Red Hulk before he got sucked through the black hole (if it's the feat I'm thinking about) I could see that being a good reaction time feat, but he was just using his travel speed, and grabbing him. That doesn't really constitute a good reaction feat.

And since Thor is out of morals, I can use that feat here.

I'm pretty sure you could use that even if it was morals on (I don't know why you would use that feat, though).

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By czarny_samael666
@blackadamFTW
Darksied fusing with Etrigan p1
Darksied fusing with Etrigan p1
Darksied fusing with Etrigan p2
Darksied fusing with Etrigan p2
Darksied fusing with Etrigan p3
Darksied fusing with Etrigan p3
So it doesn't count, since he was boosted.
Thor's microsecond reaction feat:
Thor using microsecond speed reaction
Thor using microsecond speed reaction
He is fighting with Enchantress Three here.

Red Hulk was already affected by BH:
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/122808/2566423-2408676-1627807-red_hulk_vs_thor_11_super_super.jpg
Since he was able to react flying that fast, he has to have FTL reaction speed.
If morals would be on, then I wouldn't use it, since normally Thor doesn't show that kind of reaction speed.
Avatar image for speedforcespider
SpeedForceSpider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SpeedForceSpider

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

Darkseid pwns.
blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By blackadamFTW

@czarny_samael666: Yeah, that was the instance. Anyways, how does fusing with someone weaker than him give him a boost? Etrigan has next to no combat speed, whatsoever, so I don't see how that affects the feat.

Ah, a chock-full-of-PIS classic feat. I "love" those.

Anyways, Green Lanterns have been flying FTL, casually talking to each other and dodging objects. Does that make them FTL in reaction speed? Also, it doesn't even look like he grabbed him. It just looks like he flew into him.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By czarny_samael666
@blackadamFTW said:

@czarny_samael666: Yeah, that was the instance. Anyways, how does fusing with someone weaker than him give him a boost? Etrigan has next to no combat speed, whatsoever, so I don't see how that affects the feat.

Ah, a chock-full-of-PIS classic feat. I "love" those.

Anyways, Green Lanterns have been flying FTL, casually talking to each other and dodging objects. Does that make them FTL in reaction speed? Also, it doesn't even look like he grabbed him. It just looks like he flew into him.

1.Because he added more power to himself. How can something like that count? For example: Bloodaxe (http://marvel.wikia.com/Jackie_Lukus_%28Earth-616%29) wasn't more powerfull than Thunderstrike, yet when Masterson boosted his own powers with BA's ones he got more powerfull than Thor. Silver Surfer with Quantum Bands in different reality turned into a god IIRC. 
2.Not PIS, bloodlusted Thor in Blood and Thunder, before he get Power Gem was moving in high speed (lightning one) in his fight with Adam Warlock and Silver Surfer. Thor is fast, it just isn't in his character to use it. That is why I wouldn't use it in fight with morals on. 
3.If they could talk, than it is possible they were flying slower than sound. And Kyle Ryner has similar feat that confirmed his speed and he is considered as a light-speeder in opposite to other Lanterns. And if Thor would just fly into him, he would kill him.
blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By blackadamFTW

@czarny_samael666: The examples you provided still didn't have anything to do with speed. Sure, adding Etrigan's power probably made him stronger and more powerful, but added someone's power who has zero combat speed won't effect your speed (which is what we're arguing about) at all. I still don't see how it affects the feat.

2.Not PIS, bloodlusted Thor in Blood and Thunder, before he get Power Gem was moving in high speed (lightning one) in his fight with Adam Warlock and Silver Surfer. Thor is fast, it just isn't in his character to use it. That is why I wouldn't use it in fight with morals on.

How is not PIS? He hasn't shown anything close to that afterwards, and at this point, he's saying Wolverine is faster than him (since he tagged him pretty easily). He had to use an AoE attack on Quiksilver, since he couldn't react to him, so why should I believe that Thor has microsecond reaction time when he hasn't shown anything like that ever again?

3.If they could talk, than it is possible they were flying slower than sound. And Kyle Ryner has similar feat that confirmed his speed and he is considered as a light-speeder in opposite to other Lanterns. And if Thor would just fly into him, he would kill him.

No. They were traveling FTL to Oa, I believe, and they were talking due to their shields, I believe. They were still going FTL, and they still reacting to obstacles (John, Guy, and Kyle). I don't consider them to be FTl, though.

Rulk's durability would allow him to survive it, and I don't see how he "caught" him wasn't just him flying into him.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By czarny_samael666
@blackadamFTW
1.It affects the feat, because Darkseid isn't doing it on his own power. Example with Bloodaxe and Thunderstrike explains it in this way, that Blood-strike wasn't just sum of thier power. He was even more than that, which means that we don't know how fusion of power really affects the character. Similar here. Besies how would You measure combination of their speed? All people have some reaction speed, Etrigan too. So how much he amped DS' reflex? We don't know this. We know completly nothing about situations like this one, so we shouldn't use it as an example for anything.
2.Thor is saying many things, don't belive to him. Once he said that even Mjolnir can't destroy planet, currently we have seen his thoughts in which he said something opposite and we do know that Beta Ray Bill destroyed planets in the past. When he was catching Hermes (I can show You this scan, as well as few others in which Thor is showing good reflex, like catching Zephyr (?), helping with some volcano or this fight with Surfer) he also was thinking about something opposite IIRC. Not too mention that he belived that Odin is omnipotent and that Durok can't be killed, while he on his own without Mjolnir was able to kill him. Don't belive to Thor. Seriously. 
3.There are even different kinds of reflex, but my question is: where they moving their hands to do it? How was it looking? 
Red Hulk's durability wouldn't allow him to survive it, at least not without real harm.
jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jobbernos

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

Darkseid pwns.