How?
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By PowerHerc

Thor's true power is more than Tony's tech can handle, even when backed by some magic.   
Thor uses his true power and wins.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@comicdude23 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"Iron Man. "
How? "
I honestly don't see what is so difficult to understand about this, but for the sake of the thread, I will say it again. 

If a vastly more powerful, Skyfather version of Thor required nearly two issues in a row, and ended up barely beating this Iron Man, how is regular Thor going to do it?

It's me that should be asking "how?"
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@PowerHerc said:
" Thor's true power is more than Tony's tech can handle, even when backed by some magic.   Thor uses his true power and wins. "
^This
Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@Morpheus_ said:
" @comicdude23 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"Iron Man. "
How? "
I honestly don't see what is so difficult to understand about this, but for the sake of the thread, I will say it again. 

If a vastly more powerful, Skyfather version of Thor required nearly two issues in a row, and ended up barely beating this Iron Man, how is regular Thor going to do it?

"

Thorbuster Iron Man lasting angainst OF Thor = Bad wirting
Skies327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Skies327
@comicdude23 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @comicdude23 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"Iron Man. "
How? "

"
Thorbuster Iron Man lasting angainst OF Thor = Bad wirting "
You can't use 'bad writing' as an excuse to discredit the logic.
Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@Skies327 said:
" @comicdude23 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @comicdude23 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"Iron Man. "
How? "

"
You can't use 'bad writing' as an excuse to discredit the logic. "

How is NOT? 
Iron Man taking on Skyfather level beings
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Final Arrow
@PowerHerc said:
" Thor's true power is more than Tony's tech can handle, even when backed by some magic.   Thor uses his true power and wins. "
Just out of interest, what do you mean by Thor's true power are we talking when he first came back and had his fathers power or something else? 
Skies327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Skies327
@comicdude23 said:
" @Skies327 said:
" @comicdude23 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @comicdude23 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"Iron Man. "
How? "

"
How is NOT? Iron Man taking on Skyfather level beings "
Because the Thorbuster armor was built with an Asgardian energy source, meant to absorb the energy Thor could output, and was a back-up plan from Tony should Thor ever 'step out of line' so to speak. The suit did it's job against an Odin Force Thor, because that was its intention. The fact it worked in such a fashion proves Thorbuster Iron Man would demolish regular Thor. It doesn't matter if you think the writing is bad. The writing is the writing.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Skies327 said:
" @comicdude23 said:
" @Skies327 said:
" @comicdude23 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @comicdude23 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"Iron Man. "
How? "

"
How is NOT? Iron Man taking on Skyfather level beings "
Because the Thorbuster armor was built with an Asgardian energy source, meant to absorb the energy Thor could output, and was a back-up plan from Tony should Thor ever 'step out of line' so to speak. The suit did it's job against an Odin Force Thor, because that was its intention. The fact it worked in such a fashion proves Thorbuster Iron Man would demolish regular Thor. It doesn't matter if you think the writing is bad. The writing is the writing. "
Thank you.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By spidey 15
@comicdude23 said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @comicdude23 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"Iron Man. "
How? "

"
Nah.  
Tony is just good and smart enough to do it so no, it's not bad writing..... 

LOL
=]
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By spidey 15

Bte, to help the argument that thorbuster taking on King Thor is not bad writing, comicdude should at least read this..... 

Iron man Armor 

=]

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Final Arrow
@spidey 15 said:

" Bte, to help the argument that thorbuster taking on King Thor is not bad writing, comicdude should at least read this..... 

Iron man Armor  =] "

Or read the issue of King Thor VS Iron man before calling it PIS or bad writing.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By spidey 15
@Final Arrow said:
" @spidey 15 said:

" Bte, to help the argument that thorbuster taking on King Thor is not bad writing, comicdude should at least read this..... 

Iron man Armor  =] "

Or read the issue of King Thor VS Iron man before calling it PIS or bad writing. "
Both are are good options. But mine is faster...hehehe 
=P
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Final Arrow
@spidey 15: One more day....
Skies327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Skies327
@Final Arrow said:
" @spidey 15: One more day.... "
Low blow!
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By spidey 15
@Final Arrow said:
......If i could, i would show you my mid finger...-___-
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By spidey 15
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Final Arrow
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Final Arrow
@spidey 15: LMAO hater. 

@Skies327: But funny 

@Morpheus_:  :P it was a good choice.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By spidey 15

No Caption Provided
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#26  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

thx guys for making my morning better 

and IM wins
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Morpheus_ said:
" @comicdude23 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"Iron Man. "
How? "

"
You forgot about few things:
1.This Armor was so good because it was drainning Thor. It could absorb only as much energy as Thor throws at it. For this armor it doesn't really matter how powerful is his opponent. 
2.Thor wasn't really using OF until his fight with Gardener when he reformed Moon. He was recreating buildings, teleports things etc. but it wasn't real OF. Later it was revealed that even when he first time used OF (Gardener), he didn't used even close to full level. Figth with Grdener happened in Thor vol.2 57, conflict with IM happened in 58, so in theory Thor already knows how to use OF. But Thor who is using blue energy, is Thor using thunders and power of Mjolnir. Thor with yellow energy is Thor using OF. Also (I've just re-read that comics) IM said that he using Mjolnir's power not OF power.
3.Thor won that battle with his fists (what was confirmed by IM's words). He just had to stop using Mjolnir's own energy. Besides, Iron Man was having trouble with absorbing thunders which means that he could use only typical Mjolnir's energy. And IM losed that battle.

Thor ftw, becuase a) he knows what to do to defeat TB Iron Man and b) he already did that without using any matter manipulation or other effects of OF.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By spidey 15
@Morpheus_: 

Is it safe to assume that you already have this discussion with comicdude? 
=]
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@czarny_samael: I forgot nothing. I have had this discussion several times, therefore I am not going to outline the entire issue each and every one of them.

The Asgardian crystal was enchanted by Odin and enabled IM to tap into the same mystic source that empowers Mjolnir. Thor gave it to Iron Man in order to use as an enerhy source for the entire planet. Draining Thor's power is one of its functions due to their mystic connection, but obviously not the only one as it can serve as a standalone power-source. Unless you propose the crystal would be draining Mjolnir to power the Earth.
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Morpheus_ said:
" @czarny_samael: I forgot nothing. I have had this discussion several times, therefore I am not going to outline the entire issue each and every one of them.

The Asgardian crystal was enchanted by Odin and enabled IM to tap into the same mystic source that empowers Mjolnir. Thor gave it to Iron Man in order to use as an enerhy source for the entire planet. Draining Thor's power is one of its functions due to their mystic connection, but obviously not the only one as it can serve as a standalone power-source. Unless you propose the crystal would be draining Mjolnir to power the Earth.
"
Of course that not only, but it in fight only ability that it showed is drainning Mjolnir. And Thor outsmart IM by not using Mjolnir's eneryg but only thunders and his own strength. And he have won. Also Thor wasn't using OF in that battle.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@czarny_samael said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @czarny_samael: I forgot nothing. I have had this discussion several times, therefore I am not going to outline the entire issue each and every one of them.

"
Of course that not only, but it in fight only ability that it showed is drainning Mjolnir. And Thor outsmart IM by not using Mjolnir's eneryg but only thunders and his own strength. And he have won. Also Thor wasn't using OF in that battle. "
Thor employing the full scope of the OF would have torn the Earth asunder, so I never disputed that he used the entirety of his power. But, even without employing it consciously, Thor did use it, because the OF does not have an off switch. It's always there. Even in terms of physical ability, Thor dented Captain America's shield in a single blow without even thinking about it, something no other being has ever done through sheer physical force alone.
goldenshot80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By goldenshot80

What does Thorbuster have instead of URU metal? Does he have an guns? explosives?

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Morpheus_ said:
" @czarny_samael said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

"
Of course that not only, but it in fight only ability that it showed is drainning Mjolnir. And Thor outsmart IM by not using Mjolnir's eneryg but only thunders and his own strength. And he have won. Also Thor wasn't using OF in that battle. "
Thor employing the full scope of the OF would have torn the Earth asunder, so I never disputed that he used the entirety of his power. But, even without employing it consciously, Thor did use it, because the OF does not have an off switch. It's always there. Even in terms of physical ability, Thor dented Captain America's shield in a single blow without even thinking about it, something no other being has ever done through sheer physical force alone. "
I don't agree with part of it, but even if I would there is still a point:
Thor defeated him by his punches and thunders, because Iron Man couldn't absorb them. There is no reason to belive that Classic Thor can't do the same. A specially that Thor from the beginning won't use Mjolnir, becuase he already know Thorbuster Armor, so IM won't have a chance to boost his stats.
odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By odinforce
@Morpheus_ said:
" @comicdude23 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"Iron Man. "
How? "

"
This. 

Thorbuster Iron Man was made to take on ODINFORCE THOR. 
Thorbuster Iron Man has no problem taking thor on. 

Most ppl dont know that Thorbuster Iron Man was made to stop odinforce thor and that thor gave tony a magical asgardian gem (or power source) for the use of mankind. When thor became out of hand, tony used the gem to power up a new armor. Thorbuster wasn't any ordinary "man-made, earthly material" armor, it was powered up by the asgardian gem with unknown attribute (powers). 

Once again, THORBUSTER WINS.
PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#35  Edited By PirateKing69

Iron Man for reasons already stated.

Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Susanoo

Thor buster. It took Thor with the odinforce to win.
Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump. I agree that Thorbuster vs Reg. Thor would win. But what if Tony had prep vs King Thor. I mean to be fair, he really was doing well in the fight until the very end. So What about Tony having like a year prep and Thorbuster Armor.. I think he could have won. 

1) It's a feat in itself to create armor to handle King Thor with OF. 
2) He basically had no prep or time to get ready for this fight. It was a last minute "LEH GO" type deal. 
3) When Tony puts his mind to it, he's almost as dangerous as Doom with prep time being that he is insanely smart and clever. He'd be far more powerful (IMO) if he wasn't a cocky alcoholic that doesn't care about power.

BarelyAverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BarelyAverage
No Caption Provided
Really?  Iron Man does not beat Thor, even with some suit. Even if its mystical then why doesn't Loki and Doom just team up and make a mystical suit that can beat OF Thor and all the Hulks at the same time? If everyone wants to say "that's the writing", then we should all accept that squirrel girl can defeat Thanos. Oh wait she did! That's just PIS that Iron Man even with TB can really match a 100 toner with Odin Force
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Iron Man    
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@BarelyAverage said:
"
No Caption Provided
Really?  Iron Man does not beat Thor, even with some suit. Even if its mystical then why doesn't Loki and Doom just team up and make a mystical suit that can beat OF Thor and all the Hulks at the same time? If everyone wants to say "that's the writing", then we should all accept that squirrel girl can defeat Thanos. Oh wait she did! That's just PIS that Iron Man even with TB can really match a 100 toner with Odin Force "
Doom did create a suit of armor to take on Thor. His own version of the Destroyer. And was kicking Thors ass up and down Latveria until Balder destroyed the external power source. Squirrel Girl is a joke character. The fact that you're comparing her to Iron Man is saddening. 
Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#41  Edited By Deadcool
@Lance Uppercut said:

Doom did create a suit of armor to take on Thor. His own version of the Destroyer. And was kicking Thors ass up and down Latveria until Balder destroyed the external power source.Squirrel Girl is a joke character. The fact that you're comparing her to Iron Man is saddening.  "

... Balder didn't destroyed the external power source... he did nothing but free the bodies of his Asgardians comrades, Thor defeated Doom because he stopped to holdback, also Iron Man's suit is way more superior to Doom's suit.

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Deadcool said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
Doom did create a suit of armor to take on Thor. His own version of the Destroyer. And was kicking Thors ass up and down Latveria until Balder destroyed the external power source.Squirrel Girl is a joke character. The fact that you're comparing her to Iron Man is saddening.  "
... Balder didn't destroyed the external power source... he did nothing but free the bodies of his Asgardians comrades, Thor defeated Doom because he stopped to holdback, also Iron Man's suit is wa more superior to Doom's suit.

"
Did you even read the comic?  

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Notice a few key things. One, Thor's statement "This mockery of my fathers work is nothing without the fuel that powers it. This is a machine powered by the torment of Asgardians." 

Then when Balder starts wrecking Dooms power source, the next bit of interesting dialogue.  

"More of Dooms property destroyed. Of no matter -- My armor has power enough to finish what I've started." 
"Nay Doom. When the spring no longer flows... the well can be drained." 

But clearly it wasn't powered by Asgardians.  
Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#43  Edited By Deadcool
@Lance Uppercut:  I didn't remembered that... I read again the issue, sorry you were right...
Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Assman
@PowerHerc said:
"Thor's true power is more than Tony's tech can handle, even when backed by some magic.   Thor uses his true power and wins. "

I'm happy to roll with this.  PowerHerc has summed it up best for me, imo.  It's basically Thor's fight to loose, again, imo.
Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Assman
@Morpheus_ said:
" @spidey 15 said:
" @Final Arrow said:
......If i could, i would show you my mid finger...-___- "

"

Now how the hell did I know that was gonna be........Constantine :-)
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#46  Edited By TheGoldenOne

Iron Man wins here. I made a mistake with my earlier post

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By czarny_samael666

Thor easily. 
Thor knows about TB IM ability to drain Mjolnir and he knows that TB IM can't take his strength and thunders. King Thor defeated TB IM with powers that Classic Thor has even without Mjolnir. And this time, TB IM won't be boosted, like he was after absorb part of Mjolnir's energy.

Snakeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Snakeguy

Iron man wins this.  Thor was his teammate for a long time. He must have figured out his weakness by now.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Snakeguy said:
" Iron man wins this.  Thor was his teammate for a long time. He must have figured out his weakness by now. "
Thor has no weakness in Supe's or Gladiator's means. 

This Armor was able to drain Mjolnir and boost itself to try fight with King Thor. But when Thor found out what is going on, he stopped using Mjolnir and TB IM was done. What suggest to You, that this time Thor will try Mjolnir, while he knows that this will only help IM? Thor will just punch him and fry him with his thunders. IM showed that he can't absorb them.
Avatar image for the_incredible_huck
The Incredible Huck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael said:
 This Armor was able to drain Mjolnir and boost itself to try fight with King Thor. But when Thor found out what is going on, he stopped using Mjolnir and TB IM was done. What suggest to You, that this time Thor will try Mjolnir, while he knows that this will only help IM? Thor will just punch him and fry him with his thunders. IM showed that he can't absorb them. "

Exactly! In this case I think classic Thor would be more effective then OF Thor because instead of using Asgardian magic or OF his main weapons are brute strength and lightning, the same brute strength and lightning that OF Thor ended up using to defeat the TB IM armor. Anyone voting for Iron Man here should reread the comic.