Thor (with Odin Force) and Zeus vs Galactus

• 145 results
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Galactus has no physical body, he is a being of pure energy that healed himself along with the shattered helmet. Odin is a mortal being by comparison who needs time to mend wounds.

So again with making your own stories to under-estimate Galactus i see, after having been corrected what 3 times now.

Galactus being made of pure energy changes what exactly, Odin tried his best , failed, even outright admitted he no longer had energy in him to continue fighting Galactus and resorted to calling Destroyer armor, which did diddly squat.

So another convenient excuse and nothing more, as expected, specially when asked in the interview Matt Fraction himself replied something along the lines of : hasn't it been long accepted that Galactus holds prominence in both importance and power against Odin? Which is what i was showcasing with the fight.

Avatar image for thesacredonewithin
TheSacredOneWithin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@mira:

galactus soloswith ease

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Killemall

@youmessinwithme: Always good to have the details.Thanks.

Even if the details itself are incorrect?

Because it is.

Odin is still back up at the same time Galactus is which is after they've both fallen/crashed back to Oklahoma(so equal in time to galactus but more than a few seconds for either of them)

Odin only got up the next issue.

Even then its inconsequential because Odin, clearly, unambiguously on panel stated he did not have enough power to continue fighting Galactus while Galactus had no such problems.

which is correct but that doesnt change how the issue clearly, unambiguously shows Galactus as superior to Odin.

Not sure if getting Galactus to fall on the ground from which he heals on a whim without any problem qualifies as KO.

Thats not true.

Galactus only stopped because he could no longer sense the Galactus seed, as it was hidden away by Loki.

MorganFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By MorganFreeman

@morganfreeman said:

Because it is.

Perhaps I should just look for the scene somewhere instead of trying/failing to remember it.

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By youmessinwithme

@killemall said:

@morganfreeman said:

Because it is.

@youmessinwithme said:

Odin is still back up at the same time Galactus is which is after they've both fallen/crashed back to Oklahoma(so equal in time to galactus but more than a few seconds for either of them)

Odin only got up the next issue.

Even then its inconsequential because Odin, clearly, unambiguously on panel stated he did not have enough power to continue fighting Galactus while Galactus had no such problems.

which is correct but that doesnt change how the issue clearly, unambiguously shows Galactus as superior to Odin.

Not sure if getting Galactus to fall on the ground from which he heals on a whim without any problem qualifies as KO.

Thats not true.

Galactus only stopped because he could no longer sense the Galactus seed, as it was hidden away by Loki.

Galactus didn't get up till the next issue either hence it being the at same time.

Knocking Galactus out and shattering his helmet and causing him to drop thousands of Kilometeres, which if he were conscious he would have been able to stop himself instead of crashing back down to earth from space. counts as knock out. since he knocked him out. He recovered later/regained consciousness later... cause that's what happened when you get knocked out. I didn't say Odin killed him. that's the definition of a knock out and it's very clear what happens in that scene.

Galactus doesn't make any attempt to engage the destroyer as soon as it arrives hence why I said it doesn't seem like he wants too.

you literally didn't correct me on anything. So my details are still correct. Have a nice life.

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall said:

@morganfreeman said:

Because it is.

Perhaps I should just look for the scene somewhere instead of trying/failing to remember it.

that's probably a good idea so you can decide for yourself what happened, and tell us whether it seems like Odin TKO's Galactus or not.

Avatar image for thesacredonewithin
TheSacredOneWithin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

galactus godstomps both

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Killemall

@morganfreeman said:

Absolutely, anyways i am going to be posting scans now so perhaps that might help.

I try and not post a lot of scans, because i am at times been accused of putting in way too many scans.

Galactus didn't get up till the next issue either hence it being the at same time.

Really

Below are Mighty Thor # 5 page no 7 to 16, not including small pages in between where neither of the 2 character in question are shown.

So explain to me what part of last 2 pages are interpreted as "Galactus didnt get to till next issue" because i assume Galactus standing, completely healing and then saying you tire me , doesnt somehow count as getting up?

Knocking Galactus out and shattering his helmet and causing him to drop thousands of Kilometeres, which if he were conscious he would have been able to stop himself instead of crashing back down to earth from space. counts as knock out.

Given the very next page Galactus fall on the ground he gets back up, heals himself with absolutely no sign of discomfort suggests to me he wasnt knocked out.

How exactly is it any different from what Thanos did, knock him across his ship half way down a planet, the only difference being Galactus in that instance didnt bother to re-create his helmet.

Are we claiming Thanos just knocked out, what for the issue was a well nourished Galactus?

And if you see a difference, point to me what difference you see.

So when you get knocked out you recover the next page you are dropped to the ground.

If thats your interpretation i heavily disagree, and i would wager most would too.

Thats knocked out, by a very misconstructed defination of knocked out.

I see that Galactus tanking Odin's best hit, a hit that completely took everything out of Odin, and getting back up without a shread of damage while Odin himself no longer being able to retaliate, something he expressly agrees on panel.

Galactus doesn't make any attempt to engage the destroyer as soon as it arrives hence why I said it doesn't seem like he wants too.

Why would Galactus bother to try and engage the destroyer when he is more worried about figuring out where the cosmic egg went.

Its not like Galactus did just show up right in Odin face, with Destroyer beside him and all , asking for the egg.

Heck Galactus was going to vaporise entire Asgard, only stopped because Surfer told him "the egg is gone".

There is absolutely nothing there in the issue suggest Galactus has any quams of fighting Destroyer, not only is Destroyer inconsequential in power to Galactus (or even a weakened Odin for the matter, its never been a skyfather level weapon anyways), it just doesnt have anything in it to even remotely threaten Galactus.

you literally didn't correct me on anything. So my details are still correct. Have a nice life.

Like Galactus and Odin getting up at the same time?

In the same token there is absolutely nothing there that you said which even remotely goes to correct what MorganFreeman says, if anything what he says is exactly what happened and what is throughout backed in the issue as opposed to what you said.

@youmessinwithme: Half of this reply is intented towards you, but by mistake i seem to have taken off your tag, so just replacing it here.

MorganFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By MorganFreeman

@killemall:

@killemall said:

@morganfreeman said:

Absolutely, anyways i am going to be posting scans now so perhaps that might help.

I try and not post a lot of scans, because i am at times been accused of putting in way too many scans.

Rest assured, they helped.

What's wrong with posting scans unless they break the rules? Seems like a case of "Better to have and not need than to not have and need" to me. I always welcome photo examples or evidence to conversations like this.

After the refresher, I'm going to stand by my answer of Galactus due to how he treats the encounter with Odin as less of a battle and more of an inconvenience. He made Odin enter the Odinsleep without actually damaging Odin. Impressive and humorous.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus smushes them.

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:

Galactus smushes them.

galactus1967

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this proves without a doubt that Galactus is more powerful than Odin.He even admits it,However thor gets some good shots in. but what were you expecting ,it is a thor book after all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Odin nearly stood up to Big Purple G man. Then Odin and Zeus combined for the win.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Galactus.

Abnegazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mira: Powered Galactus would win easily. But if he was hungry would be defeated. I remember that "common" Thor has already defeated the Devourer of Worlds weakened.

galactus1967

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have Thor +Journey into mystery from the 60`s,And Stan or whoever writes in the letters page.Can I be honest,we used the Galactus character way to much the last few years.And we feel Thor would not put up not such a good fight in the future,as we have lost the majesty of Galactus,that is something Kirby never wanted to do.I will look for this page on request, but it may take a while,thanks.(also it is not word for word but close enough).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kickasspwnsall:

@kickasspwnsall said:

every knows thor and zues will win cause they are both gods. galactus is just really tall and could throw crap at them but them then thor and zues would use their godly awewsomeness to pwnall!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KICKASSPWNSALL

galactus is just really tall and could throw crap at them

-------------What is Galactus too you, a monkey?

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kickasspwnsall:

@kickasspwnsall said:

every knows thor and zues will win cause they are both gods. galactus is just really tall and could throw crap at them but them then thor and zues would use their godly awewsomeness to pwnall!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KICKASSPWNSALL

But couldnt Galactus just be really tall and throw crap at them?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus.

Zokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus. Odin Force Thor and Zeus have no feats which put them on Odin level, and even they had, they still would have enough in them to take down Galan.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zokergeist:

@jagernutt said:

@kickasspwnsall:

@kickasspwnsall said:

KICKASSPWNSALL

But couldnt Galactus just be really tall and throw crap at them?

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galan owns

galactus1967

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look,i have been a fan of the gods of earth for a long time,and have been a big time fan of thor, odin,and even volstagg.But I would never pretend that they where on the same level as the third force of the universe.A well fed Galactus could wade through Asgard and destroy it pretty easily,and you could throw Zeus in there and it would hardly make a dent.Sky fathers just aren`t on bigG`s level.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galan

afueikawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fully fed Galactus is featless.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus stomps them both(one with each foot).

galactus1967

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whatever ghost rider did is a cartoon and not canon.

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#133  Edited By Kangconquers

It really depends what era. Silver Age Galactus and Odin (and thus, Odin force Thor) always seemed to be roughly equal to me. Zeus would definitely turn the tide in the teams favor.

For most of the modern era though, this would be a stomp in Galactus's favor.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#134  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

It really depends what era. Silver Age Galactus and Odin (and thus, Odin force Thor) always seemed to be roughly equal to me. Zeus would definitely turn the tide in the teams favor.

For most of the modern era though, this would be a stomp in Galactus's favor.

In battles, unless otherwise stated, it's current versions.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither OF Thor nor Zeus compare with Galactus.

Wallacabayka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus wins after a decent fight.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Galactus.

PatTolan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By PatTolan

It could be of Thor, Zeus, AND Odin and galactus should still swat them around.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Full power Galactus aka Life Bringer vs Full Power Thor/Zeus:

We use Characters at their best with no amps. Galactus wins.

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus wins.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, Galactus wins.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@p00ty:

True. Life bringer Galactus blink stomps.

Fablehaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus.