Thor (w/ Captain America's shield) vs. Cap America (w/ Mjolnir)

• 53 results
BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BringnIt
Cap, with Mjolnir
Cap, with Mjolnir
Thor, with Cap's shield
Thor, with Cap's shield

--takes place on neutral ground, 100 yards apart

--Morals on, in character

--winner by standard rules

--both have one month to familiarize themselves with their new weaponry

--Thor cannot control Mjolnir in any fashion during this battle

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thor throws Cap's shield through his head.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cattlebattle

I think you gave Captain America a death sentence

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BringnIt

@venomoushatred1001 said:

With morals on?

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BringnIt

@cattlebattle said:

I think you gave Captain America a death sentence

It's possible, I'll concede.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BringnIt said:

With morals on?

With morals, Thor still wins. A simple shield slash from Thor would be more than enough to take Cap out.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jashro44

Cap would have the strength and powers of thor, correct? I would say he wins this. He can match thors power but he is a better fighter.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BringnIt

@jashro44 said:

Cap would have the strength and powers of thor, correct? I would say he wins this. He can match thors power but he is a better fighter.

I don't believe he would experience a strength or durability increase, but should otherwise have the variety of abilities Mjolnir provides.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cattlebattle
@BringnIt said:

@jashro44 said:

I don't believe he would experience a strength or durability increase, but should otherwise have the variety of abilities Mjolnir provides.

I don't think any of Mjolnirs (consistent) abilities would have much of an effect on Thor anyways, or he could block it...with.... ya know, the shield. I guess BFR is an option
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By pooty

@jashro44: @BringnIt: it would give cap strength and durability. it did when Captain America was the "Captain". He sent a whole crew of Set's men flying when he had Mjolnir. Whoever is worth shall possess the power of Thor. All of them.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jeanroygrant

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By pooty

@cattlebattle said:

@BringnIt said:

@jashro44 said:

I don't think any of Mjolnirs (consistent) abilities would have much of an effect on Thor anyways, or he could block it...with.... ya know, the shield. I guess BFR is an option

Cap would win. Forget the lightning and godblast etc. if you give Cap Thor's power cap will beat Thor down with Mjolnir. Cap hitting Thor would be like Hercules hitting Thor with his mace. Thor can only take so many before he goes down.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BringnIt

@cattlebattle said:

@BringnIt said:

@jashro44 said:

Well, to be fair, ALL of Mjolnir's abilities should be considered for the purposes of this thread since Cap is a much more strategic fighter and tactician than Thor generally is. Steve doesn't suffer from the same sense of overblown pride that Thor does.

@pooty said:

@jashro44: @BringnIt: it would give cap strength and durability. it did when Captain America was the "Captain". He sent a whole crew of Set's men flying when he had Mjolnir. Whoever is worth shall possess the power of Thor. All of them.

Do you have scans or the issue number?

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By tg1982

@pooty said:

This, but Thor would still have his abilities too, right? So I think it would come down to experience.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By pooty

@tg1982: Thor would have his normal stats. and old school Thor(not modern) has been shown to control the weather. But Cap could absorb lightning with Mjolnir. So it comes down to fighting IMO. and FOR ONCE your boy Cap will win. (:

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tg1982

@pooty

@tg1982: Thor would have his normal stats. and old school Thor(not modern) has been shown to control the weather. But Cap could absorb lightning with Mjolnir. So it comes down to fighting IMO. and FOR ONCE your boy Cap will win. (:

Except for all the other people he'd win against.

But more astonishingly....I agree with you, uh-oh that's a sign of the apocalypse I'm sure. :-P

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

In that case, Cap stomps. There no way for Thor to win.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jashro44
@BringnIt said:

@jashro44 said:

Thats still pretty good.... The only thing I question is if cap could use thors abilities to the same extent thor has. If what pooty says is true though it shouldn't be to much of a issue though.
lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lady_liberty

With all the powers of Mjolnir, and time to train with them Captain America would win this battle.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pooty

@jashro44: If what pooty says is true though it shouldn't be to much of a issue though.

IF? IF? IF? besides the other times i've lied, when have you ever known me to lie?

@tg1982: @Lady_Liberty: @venomoushatred1001:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BringnIt

@pooty: Thanks for the scans. I don't remember Cap exhibiting any enhancement of physical attributes in Fear Itself when he lifted the hammer, though.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jashro44
@pooty: LOL I wasn't calling you a liar just using the word if in case you misread something.
tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By tg1982

@pooty said:

@jashro44: If what pooty says is true though it shouldn't be to much of a issue though.

IF? IF? IF? besides the other times i've lied, when have you ever known me to lie?

@tg1982: @Lady_Liberty: @venomoushatred1001:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Awesome scans.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By pooty

@BringnIt: Now that you mention it, you are correct. But look at Captain, BRB, Dargo, Eric Masterson. They all got the power of Thor when they held the hammer. That part of fear itself was an oversight i guess

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BringnIt

@pooty said:

@BringnIt: Now that you mention it, you are correct. But look at Captain, BRB, Dargo, Eric Masterson. They all got the power of Thor when they held the hammer. That part of fear itself was an oversight i guess

I haven't read any classic Thor, onlycurrent, but between Fear Itself and the fact that Thor doesn't lose his strength or durability when he loses Mjolnir it seemed logical to me that others wouldn't be conferred those particular attributes.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By pooty

@BringnIt: Oh Ok. Well Beta Ray Bill had Mjolnir before he got Stormbreaker. Eric Masterson was just a regular human and when he held Mjolnir he looked like Thor and had his powers. Dargo is a future version of Thor after Thor dies. Mjolnir is lost for a long time and he finds it. ANd Thor is still the god of thunder whether he has the hammer or not. so if comics were written consistently then Captain America would have become like Thor in Fear Itself. Keyword: consistently

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27  Edited By majestic99

With morals on, Thor wins because Cap is afraid to unleash the full power of mjolnir whereas Thor just knocks Cap out with one punch.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BringnIt

Does no one here think that Cap has the agility, speed and fighting skills to at least dodge one Thor attack?

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By majestic99

@BringnIt said:

Does no one here think that Cap has the agility, speed and fighting skills to at least dodge one Thor attack?

Thor stomps Cap into the ground with or without Cap's shield(morals on).

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BringnIt

@majestic99 said:

@BringnIt said:

Thor stomps Cap into the ground with or without Cap's shield(morals on).

Literally has nothing to do with what I said.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By majestic99

@BringnIt said:

Literally has nothing to do with what I said.

Yes it does. I'm saying Cap doesn't stand a chance against Thor, Thor's strength,speed, and reflexes are vastly superior to Cap's. Cap doesn't stand a chance(morals on).

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By tg1982

@majestic99: You do know that when Cap has Mjonir he also get Thor's abilites and strength right? That being said Cap would win because he is a better fighter plus and has a year to learn and become accustomed with the hammer.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By majestic99

@tg1982 said:

@majestic99: You do know that when Cap has Mjonir he also get Thor's abilites and strength right? That being said Cap would win because he is a better fighter plus and has a year to learn and become accustomed with the hammer.

If that's so, then Cap stomps. Thor is nothing without his hammer(by that I mean no match for basically himself with his hammer while he merely possesses a shield).

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By tg1982

@majestic99: I think Thor would still have his strength and stuff, just not the powers of his hammer, so I don't think Cap would stomp but he would win the majority, IMO.

Full_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Full_Spectrum

Why do people think that Captain America is a better fighter than Thor? Cap has been alive for what? A Century maybe? Thor has been a warrior for a very long time. Maybe it's just that Thor doesn't really need to have significant skill since he is so powerful, but it seems that Thor's hundreds (if not thousands) of years of fighting experience should make him the far better fighter.

I'm not saying Thor would win outright, but I'm curious as to what makes people think Cap is the better fighter.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By pooty

@Full_Spectrum: but I'm curious as to what makes people think Cap is the better fighter

Feats. Thor has very few skilled H2H feats while captain america has 50yrs of them.

@majestic99 said:

@tg1982 said:

If that's so, then Cap stomps. Thor is nothing without his hammer(by that I mean no match for basically himself with his hammer while he merely possesses a shield).

I like how one minute you're saying Thor stomps then go straight to Cap stomps. lol

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By tg1982

@Full_Spectrum: It's not so much "life experience" it just when have you seen Thor bust out with kung-fu? (The kung-fu part was sarcasm). Thor basically is a brawler, I honestly can't even remember the last time he even through a kick, IF he even through a kick? Cap on the other hand has shown H2H feats that put him with in the top five of Marvel's best H2H fighter, IMO. Now imagine Cap with Thor's strength, speed, and hammer fighting.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By lady_liberty

@Full_Spectrum: Thor has a lot of fighting experience, but it doesn't seem to have made him a good fighter.

Just as someone can to go school for a lot of years and not learn anything because they didn't pay attention, Thor has been in a lot of fights, and hasn't cared to put for the effort to improve his skills.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By tg1982

@Full_Spectrum: what @Lady_Liberty: said, plus to be honest he really doesn't have to, because his hammer is one of (if not) the most powerful weapons in all of comics.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By majestic99

@tg1982 said:

@majestic99: I think Thor would still have his strength and stuff, just not the powers of his hammer, so I don't think Cap would stomp but he would win the majority, IMO.

Agreed.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By majestic99

@pooty said:

I like how one minute you're saying Thor stomps then go straight to Cap stomps. lol

That was before I knew that Cap gains the powers of Thor with mjolnir.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Simon_the_digger

Thor

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#43  Edited By Floopay

@tg1982: Thor has tossed aside his hammer and fought the Hulk h2h a couple times. And Thor's h2h is more reminiscent of wrestling, boxing, etc. Which makes sense, I think they try to portray him as a Norse Viking (which makes sense) who used martial arts styles that mimiced western martial arts well more than eastern (which makes sense). I think many people assume European martial arts are inferior to Eastern martial arts because they don't get as much attention in the media, in movies, or aren't as "exotic" as Eastern martial arts. But in reality a professional wrestler can easily go toe to toe with a Judo master, aikido master, jujitsu master, etc. and it'd be a pretty even match.

Now to address everything else. Captain America if he has time to train with these powers would even this match out, but if he doesn't I think he's in trouble here. I'm going to assume Thor maintains all his physical attributes and Captain America has his physical attributes increased to Thor's.

Captain America without training I think would lose. With the Captain's shield I believe Thor will be able to block most strikes from Captain America, and he does have a huge age advantage over Captain America. I'm not going to say Captain America is an inferior fighter, because by no means is he one. He's proven himself an amazing tactician, he's proven himself capable of taking on people well above his strength level, as well as people who are overall superior to him in every physical way. However what I am saying is as has been addressed earlier, Captain America is less than a century old, and Thor is going on 1000 years+ (earliest concrete examples of Thor are in the 11th century, but there are some questionable reference to characters who may be Thor as early as 500 A.D.). With training he has more than a chance here, and it's with the obvious advantage that often gives Thor a win in several other vine battles. Versatility. If Captain America is well versed enough with Mjonlir he should have a huge versatility advantage over Thor, as Thor would lose his lightning, god blasts, flight, energy absorption, energy manipulation, and etc.

Now to address Thor. I believe without Mjonlir he would lose everything except his raw physical abilities. Now his win here will be dependent on a few factors. First of all, Captain's Shield can take pretty much anything Mjonlir can pump out, and that might be enough to keep the Captain at bay, and if he can keep on the defensive long enough he might be able to wait for the Captain to open up a point of vulnerability and take advantage of it. Do this a few times and he might get a win, but it's hard to believe he could keep that up. The last factor that might give Thor a huge advantage here that hasn't been addressed, is his Warrior Madness. I don't know if he would be able to enter that state of mind with morals on, but if he did he would be able to take Captain out with his massive superior strength.

Overall: I gotta go Captain America. Even without training he still will have flight, and that alone will give him a way to go on the defensive that will be pretty hard to counter (He could shield throw, but then he's out a weapon if it doesn't come back or he misses :P). And with training the versatility will just be way too much for Thor to handle without powers and just a shield, at least against someone as skilled as Captain America (I still think Thor is a superior fighter, not by a lot, but a better fighter nonetheless).

Captain America: 8/10 - With Training (He says 1 month to prep with it, but this is assuming he gets TRAINING not just him learning to use it through trial and error with no instructions from a trainer on how to use it.)

Captain America: 6/10 - Without Training (1 Month to familiarize yourself with a new weapon is a lot of time, but without a proper trainer there really is only so much you can learn)

Thor: 8/10 - With Warrior Madness

Thor: 5/10 - With Warrior Madness vs. Captain America with Training

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By 80sBaby

Captain America has already beaten Thor. Giving him the hammer just makes things easier.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#45  Edited By TDK_1997

@Ferdelance said:

Thor

No actual way that he can beat him with the abilities and powers of Mjolnir.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@80sBaby said:

Captain America has already beaten Thor. Giving him the hammer just makes things easier.

When?

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By bigcimmerian

Thor still wins

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48  Edited By Killemall

@BigCimmerian said:

Thor still wins

I am personally still confused why people think this because as far as the hammer goes "whomsoever holds the hammer if he be worthy (cap already proved he is worthy) would have the power of THOR". He would have every single power of thor, his strength, his speed, his weather control. The difference is lightning does harm thor as long as he has the hammer, so cap cant be harmed by lightning. BRB pretty much used the hammer pretty well the moment he got it, he even stated he now has godlike strength. Why would cap be any different. The only difference i see is one with Thor's powers + hammer (which would give him abilities like BFR and all once he knows how to use it) vs Thor with shield. Before Cap learns how to use the hammer, he's still skilled enough to dodge that shields.

Cap FTW for me.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By tg1982

@Floopay: You have a well thought out post. Good job.

I will give ny opinion about western styled martial arts vs eastern styled martial arts. I actually agree with you, I personally think western styled martial arts are equal to eastern styled ones, you could look at the UFC or MMA in general, the majority of people who whave excelled are primarily ones who are versed in western styled martial arts, Randy Couture (wrestling and boxing) HOF, Matt Hughes (wrestling and boxing) HOF, GSP (uses wrestling), Jon Jones (wrestling) champion, Dan Henderson (wrestling and boxing) former champion in two weight classes. The list goes on and on. That's not to say eastern styled martial art are inferrior or anything Anderson Silva (muay thai) champion and possible GOAT, Lyoto Machida (karate) former champion, Shogun (muay thai) former champion. I think you're right about people often forgetting or not counting western martail arts as viable martial arts due to there lack of "exoticness" and being known, by westerners, for centuries and turned into a sports and over time have come to see it as a sport rather than a form of fighting. And many assume when one says "wrestling" they talk about the WWE and John Cena, not collegiate/olympic or "amatuer" wrestling (don't get me started on calling REAL wrestling "amatuer") like Couture or Henderson.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Cap Wins

Is Just Captain America using the Mjolnir and open a portal to another universe and send Thor and Shield away.