Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WWQ
  • Prep: None
  • Time Limit: None
  • Win: Death, Knockout or BFR
  • To make battle fair, Wonder Woman has two of Superman's abilities. Heat vision and ice breath. She also has battle armour and an indestructable sword.
The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By The_Thunderer

@WWQ: Doubt supermans abilities are going to help...

FMStyyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jeanroygrant

Thor beats Wonder Woman. For me she is on a level under Thor, Superman, Beta Ray Bill, Martian Manhunter, Captain Marvel, and others.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#5  Edited By TheCannon

WW wins. She can get Thor's hammer and gain his powers.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheCannon

@BlueLantern1995 said:

@TheCannon: Disagree my friend...she loses and hard.

But she can lift Thor's hammer. All she has to do it get to it.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheCannon

@BlueLantern1995 said:

@TheCannon: That's the problem...she'll never get to it.

I say she could.

But let's not argue this point.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By willpayton

Wonder Woman wins. The heat beams would put the hurt on Thor, and WW has the speed and combat abilities to beat him in the armed combat as well. With an indestructible sword (magical?) then she'd also be able to kill Thor that way, since she has the strength. She can also use her bracelets to stop attacks by Thor (they've stopped punches from Superman, from the scans I've seen) including punches, Hammer throws, and lightning.

I think normally she'd lose in a tough fight, but there's enough extra here to tip the balance.

Avatar image for almighty_darkseid
Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Almighty_Darkseid

ww wins, effortless curbstomp

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jeanroygrant said:

Thor beats Wonder Woman.

This.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By buttersdaman000

WW kicks Thor in his manhood 

FLAWLESS VICTORY

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CODYSF

WW went toe to toe with Superman I doubt it that it will be a easy match for Thor but I think he will win the fight but I still think that WW is the better fighter.

teepe8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By teepe8

Gonna have to go with Thor.

superman> Thor >wonder woman

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Emperorb777

Why does WW need Supes abilities she'd beat Thor without them shes way faster and a much better fighter than Thor.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By willpayton

@TheCannon said:

WW wins. She can get Thor's hammer and gain his powers.

She wont need that to win. Thor cant stop the heat vision, which is insanely powerful. And, while he's reeling from that she speed-blitzes and kills him with the sword.

WW wins 7/10.

WWQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By WWQ
@FMStyyx said:

hasnt this been done 2??

http://www.comicvine.com/wall/forum-search/?q=thor+vs+wonder+woman

This thread hasn't been done before; I have given Wonder Woman additional abilities. Instead of posting a link to all the battles of Wonder Woman Vs Thor, could you try and find the exact battle that you say has been done before?
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By willpayton

Advantages:

Strength: Thor

Durability: Thor

Speed: WW

Fighting Ability: WW (can fight effectively even blindfolded)

Overall Power: Thor

Close Combat: WW

Ranged Combat: Tie (Thor has hammer and lightning, WW has heat vision and ice breath)

Defense: WW

Results:

WW: 4

Thor: 3

ThatThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ThatThorFan

@WWQ: A lot of your threads are getting locked. You are putting mismatches and repeats. Instead of posting many threads, consider replying to others threads. No offense.

FMStyyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FMStyyx

@ThatThorFan said:

@WWQ: A lot of your threads are getting locked. You are putting mismatches and repeats. Instead of posting many threads, consider replying to others threads. No offense.

this

@WWQ said:

@FMStyyx said:

hasnt this been done 2??

http://www.comicvine.com/wall/forum-search/?q=thor+vs+wonder+woman

This thread hasn't been done before; I have given Wonder Woman additional abilities. Instead of posting a link to all the battles of Wonder Woman Vs Thor, could you try and find the exact battle that you say has been done before?

posted a question, hasnt it been done b4.. and i posted a link of all the thor vs wonder woman battles.. if urs is different so be it.

WWQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WWQ
@ThatThorFan said:

One got locked and none of the members who said it was done before posted a link to the thread that was supposedly done. I only made many threads because I was unable to post in threads as I am a new member.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By Ferro Vida
@WillPayton said:

Advantages:

Ranged Combat: Tie (Thor has hammer and lightning, WW has heat vision and ice breath)

Results:

Wouldn't close combat and fighting ability really be the same thing?
Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Malevolent1

Freezing breath and heat vision won't do anything to a guy who has endured cold depths of space and fought Atum in the heart of a star.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By Floopay

@Ferro Vida said:

@WillPayton said:

Advantages:

Results:

I have to disagree on this.

Strength: Thor by a slight margin - This isn't the deciding factor in the slightest

Durability: Thor - I doubt by much.

Speed: Wonder Woman - She's definitely shown to be faster. Though Thor has fought people on Silver Surfer's level of speed, so he can easily contedn with this

Fighting Ability: Even - Both have their low showings. But I think overall both characters have proven themselves to be very competent fighters.

Ranged Combat: Thor - Cosmic Lightning,and he can throw Mjonlir quite effectively. Wonder Woman's heat vision shouldn't be overly useful, seeing as Mjonlir can absorb it, and her ice breath is doubtfully more powerful than the Executioners ice blasts that froze Thor (which he instantly broke free of).

Defense: Tie - Her bracers can deflect attacks, and are nearly indestructible. Mjonlir can absorb energy

Special Abilities: Thor - Mjonlir can open gateways, he used it to drop Juggernaut in space once. Mjonlir also negated Juggernaut mystical shield with it for a brief period of time. Though not useful here, it can be used to project powerful godblasts. Over and above this Thor can cause weather changes that can affect the planet on a global scale. His weather control is probably not useful, but he does have it.

Overall Summary: This is a good fight, Wonder Woman's extra abilities aren't necessary here, she can hold her own against Thor just fine. She's held her own against Superman and a wide variety of other characters and proven that she is a powerhouse under her own power set and her own items. This fight could go either way, Wonder Woman has a speed advantage, which should allow her to tag Thor a few more times than he'll tag her. However, I think Thor's versatility will buy him the win here (even with Wonder Woman's two extra powers), she'll tag him more, but I think when he tags her it'll be a bit more potent and devastating (she's proven she can take a hit, and I'm not saying he's one shotting her) enough that in a good battle she'll go down first. After a good fight, I think Thor would take this 6/10 (More like 52 out of a 100).

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Floopay: Nice little break down. 

I'd just like to point out that we are using New 52 WW here (or at least that's the one I had in mind). Thor shouldn't have much trouble dealing with her, IMO.
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By willpayton

@Ferro Vida said:

@WillPayton said:

Advantages:

Results:

I meant in the sense of weapons. Short range versus long range weapons. At close range the unbreakable sword is a huge plus. Thor has the Hammer, but as far as I know he mostly like to throw that thing. WW is highly skilled with swords, hence I gave her the edge in that regard. I gave Thor the hammer in the ranged combat category.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ferro Vida
@WillPayton: Thor is perfectly capable of using a weapon in close range. In Avengers Prime, when he didn't have access to his hammer he had no problem cutting through Hela's legion with a plain old sword.
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By willpayton

@Ferro Vida said:

@WillPayton: Thor is perfectly capable of using a weapon in close range. In Avengers Prime, when he didn't have access to his hammer he had no problem cutting through Hela's legion with a plain old sword.

Maybe, but I hardly ever seem him use the hammer like that. So I'm not going to give him that much credit for something he hardly ever does. On the other hand we've seen WW use swords on multiple occasions, and that she's highly effective with them. That's why I gave her the edge in close combat.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ferro Vida
@WillPayton said:

@Ferro Vida said:

Maybe, but I hardly ever seem him use the hammer like that. So I'm not going to give him that much credit for something he hardly ever does. On the other hand we've seen WW use swords on multiple occasions, and that she's highly effective with them. That's why I gave her the edge in close combat.

Just because he hasn't had to do it as often she her doesn't mean he's not just as skilled. Just sayin'.
blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By blackadamFTW

I think Wonder Woman would win.

Thor's a horrible fighter, while Wonder Woman is great. She's faster, maybe not quite as strong, but still crazy strong, she has heat vision now, and she has her lasso.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By willpayton

@Ferro Vida said:

@WillPayton said:

@Ferro Vida said:

Just because he hasn't had to do it as often she her doesn't mean he's not just as skilled. Just sayin'.

WW has a lot of showings of her skill with swords in close combat, Thor doesnt have a lot of showings of skill w/ a hammer in close combat. (unless there's scans) I've never even seen a scan of him practicing with it. Sorry, but skills isnt something you just have because you're an awesome god of thunder or whatever. No practice, no showings, no credit.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Ferro Vida
@WillPayton said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@WillPayton said:

@Ferro Vida said:

WW has a lot of showings of her skill with swords in close combat, Thor doesnt have a lot of showings of skill w/ a hammer in close combat. (unless there's scans) I've never even seen a scan of him practicing with it. Sorry, but skills isnt something you just have because you're an awesome god of thunder or whatever. No practice, no showings, no credit.

Actually, if we're using New 52 WW then she has very few showings of anything.
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By willpayton

@blackadamFTW said:

Thor's a horrible fighter, while Wonder Woman is great. She's faster, maybe not quite as strong, but still crazy strong, she has heat vision now, and she has her lasso.

Exactly, she's got a lot of options here. Armor, unbreakable sword, magic lasso, magic bracelets, heat vision, ice breath, super speed, and greater fighting skill.

Also, while Thor's hammer could block the heat vision, it's cant protect his whole body. Heat vision can be narrow or wide beam. He'd only end up with a hammer-shaped tan line, extra crispy everywhere else.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By willpayton

@Ferro Vida said:

OP doesnt say it's current (post New 52) WW. Current versions are all of lesser power, and probably a stomp for classic Thor. Why even bother with the thread in that case?

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ferro Vida
@WillPayton said:

@Ferro Vida said:

OP doesnt say it's current (post New 52) WW. Current versions are all of lesser power, and probably a stomp for classic Thor. Why even bother with the thread in that case?

Battle forum rules say that unless otherwise specified we use the most recent version of each character.
Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Floopay

@WillPayton:

Thor standing in the center of a sun for this entire fight. Fighting Atum.

I don't think heat vision will be overly useful against Thor, even if he fails to block it. This is him just standing in the sun and fighting like it's nothing, he's not even sweating. I imagine he can take quite a bit more heat than this.

I also don't think ice breath would be much of an issue, that's him verse the Executioner. (I know you didn't mention anything about the ice breath, but here it is)

I did take into account her sword, and Wolverine was able to scratch Thor with a full powered swing (left a few paper cuts on Thor's face), and a sword swung by Wonder Woman would undoubtedly cause more damage (because she's hundreds of times stronger than Wolverine). However, I still stand by my original statement, we may have to agree to disagree.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By willpayton

@Ferro Vida said:

Battle forum rules say that unless otherwise specified we use the most recent version of each character.

That's a dumb rule. "Current" or "most recent" versions of characters change all the time. At any given week a character can become depowered or overpowered or whatever, which means all of a sudden the entire thread is meaningless. You cant have an argument about A versus B unless you properly define and pin down what "A" and "B" are. Even if you say that the versions of the characters are whatever they were at the date the thread was made, that's almost as pointless, since no one will know exactly what was going on in a characters history exactly at a certain day some years ago.

Also, if that's the case, why lock duplicate threads? In fact, it seems you WOULD want to have a new "Superman vs Thor" thread every single week, since the characters change that often. Older threads are full of arguments, scans, and feats that no longer apply, so there's no reason to post an argument to something someone said even a month ago... they were talking about a different version of the character.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

@Floopay said:

@WillPayton:

Thor standing in the center of a sun for this entire fight. Fighting Atum.

I don't think heat vision will be overly useful against Thor, even if he fails to block it. This is him just standing in the sun and fighting like it's nothing, he's not even sweating. I imagine he can take quite a bit more heat than this.

I also don't think ice breath would be much of an issue, that's him verse the Executioner. (I know you didn't mention anything about the ice breath, but here it is)

I did take into account her sword, and Wolverine was able to scratch Thor with a full powered swing (left a few paper cuts on Thor's face), and a sword swung by Wonder Woman would undoubtedly cause more damage (because she's hundreds of times stronger than Wolverine). However, I still stand by my original statement, we may have to agree to disagree.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

These scan are how old...?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By willpayton

@Evil Incarnate said:

Yeah, those look like they're at least 25 years old... I'm sure Thor had some crazy feats back then just like SA Superman. =)

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ferro Vida
@WillPayton said:

@Ferro Vida said:

That's a dumb rule. "Current" or "most recent" versions of characters change all the time. At any given week a character can become depowered or overpowered or whatever, which means all of a sudden the entire thread is meaningless. You cant have an argument about A versus B unless you properly define and pin down what "A" and "B" are. Even if you say that the versions of the characters are whatever they were at the date the thread was made, that's almost as pointless, since no one will know exactly what was going on in a characters history exactly at a certain day some years ago.

Also, if that's the case, why lock duplicate threads? In fact, it seems you WOULD want to have a new "Superman vs Thor" thread every single week, since the characters change that often. Older threads are full of arguments, scans, and feats that no longer apply, so there's no reason to post an argument to something someone said even a month ago... they were talking about a different version of the character.

I really don't see why you are directing this at me. I can't change anything about it. If you don't believe me then go look for yourself.
Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

@WillPayton said:

@Evil Incarnate said:

Yeah, those look like they're at least 25 years old... I'm sure Thor had some crazy feats back then just like SA Superman. =)

When dealing with people that have multiple incarnations unless specifically stated, it is assumed we're dealing with the current versions, as is current N52 WW doesn't have the feats to suggest that she cold contend with the thunder god. If this were pre Flash Point WW than I'd give it to her. I do truly wish that people would stop using old scans that are outdated or so full of PIS/CIS it makes you feel like you're reading a Disney book.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By willpayton

@Ferro Vida said:

@WillPayton said:

@Ferro Vida said:

I really don't see why you are directing this at me. I can't change anything about it. If you don't believe me then go look for yourself.

I was just replying to your comment. You brought it up, so I gave my opinion on it. It wasnt necessarily "directed" at you.

Also, I think that rule is mostly ignored, and it's usually assumed that characters are their "standard" versions, which seems reasonable to me. By standard, I mean not too old, not current.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By willpayton

@Evil Incarnate said:

When dealing with people that have multiple incarnations unless specifically stated, it is assumed we're dealing with the current versions

That's not what I have seen. In fact, every single thread dealing with DC characters since Flashpoint has assumed pre-Flashpoint versions. Every single one that I've seen. Any that use current post-Flashpoint characters have specifically said it's that version.

Avatar image for royale_with_cheese
royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WillPayton said:

@blackadamFTW said:

Exactly, she's got a lot of options here. Armor, unbreakable sword, magic lasso, magic bracelets, heat vision, ice breath, super speed, and greater fighting skill.

Also, while Thor's hammer could block the heat vision, it's cant protect his whole body. Heat vision can be narrow or wide beam. He'd only end up with a hammer-shaped tan line, extra crispy everywhere else.

Doubt it. When Thor fought Bor (his grandfather and the first king of Asgard), he took a direct hit of heat vision to his eyes and promptly recovered.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44  Edited By SavageDragon

@buttersdaman000 said:

WW kicks Thor in his manhood

FLAWLESS VICTORY

Haha this is it.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Ferro Vida
@WillPayton said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@WillPayton said:

@Ferro Vida said:

I was just replying to your comment. You brought it up, so I gave my opinion on it. It wasnt necessarily "directed" at you.

Also, I think that rule is mostly ignored, and it's usually assumed that characters are their "standard" versions, which seems reasonable to me. By standard, I mean not too old, not current.

That can be your opinion. But you are breaking the rules then.
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By willpayton

@royale_with_cheese said:

@WillPayton said:

Doubt it. When Thor fought Bor (his grandfather and the first king of Asgard), he took a direct hit of heat vision to his eyes and promptly recovered.

Even if the heat vision only hurts him a little, if it has the effect of slowing him down even a second, that's enough time for WW to blitz and run him through with the sword. Or she could tie him up in her lasso, also unbreakable. After that, she has her way with him.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Floopay

@WillPayton:@Evil Incarnate: You wish! Those are 50+ years old! :P

There is a more recent feat in Thor vol. 2 #25. I can't find a scan of it, but Thor tanks a shot from amped up Thanosi for a bit. I think Firelord ends up saving him by hitting him with a cosmic blast or something. But either way, that attack is well above anything Heat Vision could do! I'm not going to say Classic Thor = Modern Thor, but I will say I think the scans I used weren't too far of a stretch of what Thor can take on both ends of that spectrum.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

karetaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By karetaker

@WillPayton: the heat beams would do nothing,hes immue to the elements. he can sit on the sun

Avatar image for royale_with_cheese
royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WillPayton said:

@royale_with_cheese said:

@WillPayton said:

Even if the heat vision only hurts him a little, if it has the effect of slowing him down even a second, that's enough time for WW to blitz and run him through with the sword. Or she could tie him up in her lasso, also unbreakable.After that, she has her way with him.

Yes, yes she does....if you know what I mean.

Had Thor been tied up or incapacitated, he could just remotely control mjonir...

Avatar image for knightofcydonia
Noctis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Noctis
@WillPayton said:

Wonder Woman wins. The heat beams would put the hurt on Thor, and WW has the speed and combat abilities to beat him in the armed combat as well. With an indestructible sword (magical?) then she'd also be able to kill Thor that way, since she has the strength. She can also use her bracelets to stop attacks by Thor (they've stopped punches from Superman, from the scans I've seen) including punches, Hammer throws, and lightning.

I think normally she'd lose in a tough fight, but there's enough extra here to tip the balance.

This. And may I add Diana's bracelets have also stopped Darksied's Omega Beams before.