Thor VS Wonder Woman

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NoBody134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Depowered

No equipment

Straight hand to hand martial arts and nothing more.

Who will win?

Thanofleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Wonder Woman and here's why. Thor has battled for millenniabut is used to fighting with Mjolnir and lightning attacks.

Diana, although armed with a sword and a rope, usually uses her hands to brawl. I also think her attitude gives her the edge, but it could really go either way.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Wonder Woman stomps.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

WW takes a slim majority.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diana's not taking a slim majority, she's stomping Thor into the ground with one hand tied behind her back. She is an actual martial artist. She fights with skill and finesse in99% of all her showings. Thor's strategy against 99% of his opponents is uniform: swing a hammer at them until there's nothing left to swing at. Once in a while, a writer will remember that Thor is supposed to be a warrior and will pay lip service to his alleged skill, usually in the form of a bout with someone like Hercules. A week later, a comic will come out where Hulk punches Thor's face in because Thor only knows how to fight like a halfwit brute. No Post-Crisis writer has ever forgotten that Diana is a martial artist.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

who are these people? i've never seen this battle done before..

character feats?

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Diana's not taking a slim majority, she's stomping Thor into the ground with one hand tied behind her back. She is an actual martial artist. She fights with skill and finesse in99% of all her showings. Thor's strategy against 99% of his opponents is uniform: swing a hammer at them until there's nothing left to swing at. Once in a while, a writer will remember that Thor is supposed to be a warrior and will pay lip service to his alleged skill, usually in the form of a bout with someone like Hercules. A week later, a comic will come out where Hulk punches Thor's face in because Thor only knows how to fight like a halfwit brute. No Post-Crisis writer has ever forgotten that Diana is a martial artist.

Summed up nice and quick with a slightly hostile undertone.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does this mean that Thor doesn't have his hammer?

If so then Wonder Woman should win she's faster.

Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod:

Both are completely depowered, meaning regular human speed for both unless specified.

Diana should win regardless as she has the notable skill in fighting.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the_red_viper  Moderator

I think a depowered Wonder Woman once sparred with Batman and beat him. I think it should be enough to beat Thor.

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think a depowered Wonder Woman once sparred with Batman and beat him. I think it should be enough to beat Thor.

Batman probably was holding back....haha jk.

Veravin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman stomps Thor

Zijuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Zijuun

Wonder Woman for the majority.

@the_red_viper said:

Probably PIS just saying, Batman's one of the best martial artists in the DCU, Wonder Woman's not that good, personally it feels like she relies a lot more than her powers when fighting, although she does incorporate SOME fighting skills. I'm definitely not trying to underrate her but she's definitely not that good if you can see where I'm cuming from.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Just h2h? Diana should take this casually.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dondave

Wonder Woman with ease

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SheenLantern
rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rogueshadow  Moderator

WW would dominate him. Thor's a brawler, WW is a legitimately highly skilled MA.

desmond006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

WW takes this one. Her skill level is too high.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By bigcimmerian

Thor roflstomps her.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman is far better trained than Thor.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 the_red_viper  Moderator
The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By Bezza

Hmm, are people under-estimating Thor? Didn't he once give captain America a good battle when he was de-powered and in the Thor movie, when fully human, he took out a team of special forces guys just using hand to hand skills. I appreciate that the comics often have him looking like a brute, but he has been a warrior all his life. Not too mention the obvious fact that if they both have no super-powers, Thor is simply a whole lot bigger and in most fights where both combatants have had some training, the bigger guy will usually win. I think he gives WW a good scrap here.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

Hmm, are people under-estimating Thor? Didn't he once give captain America a good battle when he was de-powered and in the Thor movie, when fully human, he took out a team of special forces guys just using hand to hand skills. I appreciate that the comics often have him looking like a brute, but he has been a warrior all his life. Not too mention the obvious fact that if they both have no super-powers, Thor is simply a whole lot bigger and in most fights where both combatants have had some training, the bigger guy will usually win. I think he gives WW a good scrap here.

Movie feats don't count (unless using movie versions obviously) and in a battle of pure skill, as much as i hate to say it, WW beats thor 10/10

- Pip

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman stomps.

Really? Thor absolutely destroys her here. We have depowered martial artist female who is 6'0 and 140 lbs, and on the other side depowered asgardian god of war who is 6'6 and 630 lbs lol. She's just not strong enough to hurt him, she is much more skilled I know, but in this fight he will use his skill, because there is no Mjolnir and no powers in this fight, so he will not fight as some brute. Diana could probably take 1 or 2 fights out of 10, but it would be only because Thor will probably underestimate her. Much stronger and durable guy who is also skilled in fighting would beat the hell out of martial artist who is female and much weaker than him.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 the_red_viper  Moderator

@citizenbane said:

Wonder Woman stomps.

Really? Thor absolutely destroys her here. We have depowered martial artist female who is 6'0 and 140 lbs, and on the other side depowered asgardian god of war who is 6'6 and 630 lbs lol. She's just not strong enough to hurt him, she is much more skilled I know, but in this fight he will use his skill, because there is no Mjolnir and no powers in this fight, so he will not fight as some brute. Diana could probably take 1 or 2 fights out of 10, but it would be only because Thor will probably underestimate her. Much stronger and durable guy who is also skilled in fighting would beat the hell out of martial artist who is female and much weaker than him.

Now how the hell do you know how strong a depowered Thor is?

Diana's skill is better than Thor's. And small women with skill can take down big brutes, that happens all the time (Cassandra Cain, Lady Shiva, Catwoman...)

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian said:

@citizenbane said:

Wonder Woman stomps.

Diana's skill is better than Thor's. And small women with skill can take down big brutes, that happens all the time (Cassandra Cain, Lady Shiva, Catwoman...)

Common sense man, he is 6'6 and 630 lbs and he's ripped as f**k. Cass, Shiva and Catwoman have never defeated any brute on Thor's depowered level.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper said:

@bigcimmerian said:

@citizenbane said:

Wonder Woman stomps.

Common sense man, he is 6'6 and 630 lbs and he's ripped as f**k. Cass, Shiva and Catwoman have never defeated any brute on Thor's depowered level.

That and a quarter will buy you a batch of stamps. Or not, I don't know how the American postage system works these days.

Cass has one-shotted a monster that was beating up Superboy. Shiva has beaten Killer Croc to a pulp with her bare hands. Croc is an 8-foot-tall five tonner who can't be hurt by a shotgun blast at point blank range. Catwoman has chumped Blockbuster, a ten tonner, with nothing but her fists and a whip.

All three of those women have obliterated brutes much stronger and tougher than a depowered Thor. You not knowing what any of them have done doesn't change the fact that they've done it.

Thor gets stomped every single time. He doesn't have a fraction of Diana's skill.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By green_skaar

I missed the "depowered" part. There is a reason there are weight classes and gender classes in combat sports. Sorry WW no matter how good she is isn't going to make up the nearly 500lb weight difference, which is muscle, not fat. Let's remember, despite Thor often brawling, he's not some noob fighter, he's been fighting for thousands of years.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, seriously. People actually think Lady Shiva would have any trouble beating someone because he's "6'6, 630 lbs and ripped as f**k"? Lady Shiva?

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By bigcimmerian

@bigcimmerian said:

@the_red_viper said:

@bigcimmerian said:

@citizenbane said:

Wonder Woman stomps.

That and a quarter will buy you a batch of stamps. Or not, I don't know how the American postage system works these days.

Cass has one-shotted a monster that was beating up Superboy. Shiva has beaten Killer Croc to a pulp with her bare hands. Croc is an 8-foot-tall five tonner who can't be hurt by a shotgun blast at point blank range. Catwoman has chumped Blockbuster, a ten tonner, with nothing but her fists and a whip.

All three of those women have obliterated brutes much stronger and tougher than a depowered Thor. You not knowing what any of them have done doesn't change the fact that they've done it.

Thor gets stomped every single time. He doesn't have a fraction of Diana's skill.

And you think it's not PIS? They are human after all, peak human one shotting monster that was beating Superboy lol.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I missed the "depowered" part. There is a reason there are weight classes and gender classes in combat sports. Sorry WW no matter how good she is isn't going to make up the nearly 500lb weight difference, which is muscle, not fat. Let's remember, despite Thor often brawling, he's not some noob fighter, he's been fighting for thousands of years.

You're kidding, right? Thor has been fighting like a brute for thousands of years. There is literally no way to honestly argue that he is even remotely as consistent and skilled a fighter as Diana. And you're really using the idea that there are weight classes in real-world combat sports to justify Thor winning a fight against Diana? In comic books? Killer Croc has about a ton on a petite asian woman like Lady Shiva, all of which is muscle that's a lot thicker and tougher than Thor's, and Croc still got humiliated in under a minute. Comics do not work like real life. They never have.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane said:

@bigcimmerian said:

@the_red_viper said:

@bigcimmerian said:

@citizenbane said:

Wonder Woman stomps.

And you think it's not PIS? They are human after all, peak human one shotting monster that was beating Superboy lol.

I think the word you're looking for is "comic books". Good luck continuing to argue that real world physical capabilities are going to matter in a fight between two characters from a medium where real world physical capabilities have literally no weight at all.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane: nope not kidding. Thor stomps WW, hard. The reason WW wins in comics is her powers (speed, strength, durability) and skill. She no longer has her powers, only skill, which will not be enough.

This isn't between Killer Croc and Lady Shiva, so don't care what they have done in the past.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Saren

@green_skaar said:

@citizenbane: nope not kidding. Thor stomps WW, hard. The reason WW wins in comics is her powers (speed, strength, durability) and skill. She no longer has her powers, only skill, which will not be enough.

This isn't between Killer Croc and Lady Shiva, so don't care what they have done in the past.

You should care. Your entire argument comes down to "Wow, Thor's really big and he weighs a lot more than Diana, so the fact that she's a lot more skilled than he is will give him the win, despite the fact that both characters exist in a medium where skill has always been given precedence over physical characteristics". I added the last part in a vain attempt to make your argument seem more sensible than it is, so cut me some slack on that front. The reason I mentioned Lady Shiva and Killer Croc here is because they present a very nice parallel to your exact argument, which is that Thor's sizable physical advantage is going to overcome Diana's sizable skill advantage. I'm saying Croc had an even bigger advantage against Shiva and lost precisely because he wasn't anywhere near as skilled. I'm saying Blockbuster had an even bigger advantage against Catwoman and lost precisely because he wasn't anywhere near as skilled. I'm saying Batman one-shotting multi-tonners with a nerve strike is 100% the result of superior skill prevailing over superior physicals.

I'm saying that these are comics, the very medium you're highlighting to give your statements about how Wonder Woman wins fights some credence, and in comics the more skilled opponent always beats the opponent who's physically superior but deficient in skill, unless the physical advantage is some Batman vs Superman type deal, which is most decidedly not the case here. Look it up.

Claiming you don't care about that example or others like it is really just tantamount to admitting that you know your own argument is completely nonsensical, but just don't care that it is. Sure, you could say I'm putting words in your mouth, but you more or less let me with that statement.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane: Claiming you don't care about that example or others like it is really just tantamount to admitting that you know your own argument is completely nonsensical, but just don't care that it is. Sure, you could say I'm putting words in your mouth, but you more or less let me with that statement.

Well my participation is ending in this thread, when Mods make straw men, even admit to doing so, but do so any ways, no point wasting any more time. Laters!

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator
@green_skaar said:

The reason Thor wins in comics is his strength, speed, weather control and all his other powers. Take his powers away and you're left with a brute who isn't half as skilled as Wonder Woman in combat.

No matter how big you are. If you're up against someone with actual skill, you're going down. Muai-Thai fighters are thinner than a piece of toast and they can still hospitalize every muscular thug that has no skill whatsoever.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor sends WW to the kitchen to make him a sandwich.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar said:

The reason Thor wins in comics is his strength, speed, weather control and all his other powers. Take his powers away and you're left with a brute who isn't half as skilled as Wonder Woman in combat.

No matter how big you are. If you're up against someone with actual skill, you're going down. Mua-Thai fighters are thinner than a piece of toast and they can still hospitalize every muscular thug that has no skill whatsoever.

So by your logic Bruce Lee would beat Brock Lesnar, Batista and Fedor? Theu are much bigger and stronger than Bruce, but they are also very skilled.

Take away Thor's powers and you would still have very good street level hero, same situation is with Hercules now.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: you're so full of it, but you're gone anyway so cool.....

WW stomps, will I or will I not show feats of depowered unarmed wonder woman training under master I Ching and kicking the asses of armored undead who are armed with axes and swords...

Odinsonnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor brawling hand to hand is not his best bet. Though he's worn out Hulk before (hand to hand) he shouldn't be trying to duke it out with WW.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#48  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

I like how people are bringing up RL when it is virtually impossible for someone to weigh over 600 pounds and most of it, if not all being pure muscle.

The argument, is pure nonsense and any debater worth their weight in chocolate would see that it's nonsense.

Wonder Woman godstomps Thor each and every time. Twice today seeing how it is Sunday.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian:skills matters much more than how much you weight,diana is not going to try to lift thor,she is going to use martial art moves to take him down and thor hasn't fighting skills anywhere near diana's level.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how people are bringing up RL when it is virtually impossible for someone to weigh over 600 pounds and most of it, if not all being pure muscle.

The argument, is pure nonsense and any debater worth their weight in chocolate would see that it's nonsense.

Wonder Woman godstomps Thor each and every time. Twice today seeing how it is Sunday.

Then people should not make depowered Thor battles. His official bio says he's 630 lbs. It's because of his super dense muscles.

@green_skaar: you're so full of it, but you're gone anyway so cool.....

WW stomps, will I or will I not show feats of depowered unarmed wonder woman training under master I Ching and kicking the asses of armored undead who are armed with axes and swords...

Show them.