• 118 results
#51 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@bgibs13390: @ssj_god: I've been trying to pick up some thor comics anyways, so I'll definitely look into it :D Thanks for the input.

#52 Posted by Bones309 (898 posts) - - Show Bio

How has this not been locked?

#53 Edited by TheTrueBarryAllen (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

@those_eyes: I can't exactly get too into detail as I don't have all that much time right now; however, Wizard has a bunch of tricks up his Sleeve.

He has the ability to command nature & all of it's elements. For some odd reason this has linked him with Earth's magnetic field; thus granting the ability to reverse the polarity INCREDIBLY quickly. Thor may command lightning but WW can make it so the lightning is going to actually continously Strike Thor; which probably won't hurt Thor all that much [ if at all ] but it WILL protect WW from getting blasted.

The fact that Weather Wizard can also create storms INSIDE of people really makes me questions Thor's "internal durability". He may be really powerful & be able to take a bunch of blows on the outside, but how durable is he inside his stomach or inside his rib cage? Weather Wizard isn't only limited to thunder and lightning either.

Weather actively protects WW; he doesn't have to command it to it's just in his nature & his powerset that the weather will TRY and keep him safe while he's fighting.

If Thor's speed becomes a problem then WW can just create an incredible heatwave that'll lead to incredibly long and painful muscle spasms; and eventually death.

Also I think WW is more ruthless "in character" than Thor is, at least at the start of the battle & I truly believe that would give him the edge.

I may be entirely wrong; however, and Thor might be the true winner. I just like giving arguments for characters when I do think they might actually have a chance.

*EDIT* - I said rib rage so I corrected it to rib cage.

#54 Posted by Mxyzptlk_CV (1163 posts) - - Show Bio

@those_eyes: I can't exactly get too into detail as I don't have all that much time right now; however, Wizard has a bunch of tricks up his Sleeve.

He has the ability to command nature & all of it's elements. For some odd reason this has linked him with Earth's magnetic field; thus granting the ability to reverse the polarity INCREDIBLY quickly. Thor may command lightning but WW can make it so the lightning is going to actually continously Strike Thor; which probably won't hurt Thor all that much [ if at all ] but it WILL protect WW from getting blasted.

The fact that Weather Wizard can also create storms INSIDE of people really makes me questions Thor's "internal durability". He may be really powerful & be able to take a bunch of blows on the outside, but how durable is he inside his stomach or inside his rib rage? Weather Wizard isn't only limited to thunder and lightning either.

Weather actively protects WW; he doesn't have to command it to it's just in his nature & his powerset that the weather will TRY and keep him safe while he's fighting.

If Thor's speed becomes a problem then WW can just create an incredible heatwave that'll lead to incredibly long and painful muscle spasms; and eventually death.

Also I think WW is more ruthless "in character" than Thor is, at least at the start of the battle & I truly believe that would give him the edge.

I may be entirely wrong; however, and Thor might be the true winner. I just like giving arguments for characters when I do think they might actually have a chance.

These are some interesting points you've made.....

#55 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (5168 posts) - - Show Bio
#56 Posted by ElmoHump (1328 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is way over rated..I once saw a Thor fan claiming that he can stomp Wally West because he tagged Quicksilver..Smh..

#57 Posted by Bones309 (898 posts) - - Show Bio

The fact that Weather Wizard can also create storms INSIDE of people really makes me questions Thor's "internal durability". He may be really powerful & be able to take a bunch of blows on the outside, but how durable is he inside his stomach or inside his rib rage? Weather Wizard isn't only limited to thunder and lightning either.

None of this will matter….it's like using water against Iceman...

Thor's insides are just as durable but it doesn't matter when you are attacking a storm god with weather.

Heatwave vs a guy who can stand inside the Sun?

Thor STOMPS!

#58 Edited by TheTrueBarryAllen (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

@bones309: Weather actively protects Weather Wizard; he also controls Earth's magnetic field. Thor can command "Storms" while Weather Wizard can command every element in Nature. All of Nature >>>>> just "Storms".

Also where does it state that Thors insides are as durable as his outsides. I feel like if someone were to rip out his intestines & punch them with a superhuman blow then they'd probably explode; whereas if Thor's chest took the hit from the outside it wouldn't do nearly as much damage.

Internal Organs are a quite squishy & I don't see any reason as to why they'd be THAT durable against physical damage.

If a massive Heat Wave won't work then he's got hundreds of other tricks up his sleeves; I don't see anything that makes Thor that special of a weather manipulator as to outclass WW. He's physically stronger & faster, but his storm control is below WW's.

Thor does not stomp at all; he may win [ which I'm not going to say he will until I truly see an argument that would actually explain why Thor should win ] but as of right now I'm not seeing anything that would sway me towards Thor's side or call it a STOMP for anyone.

#59 Posted by Bones309 (898 posts) - - Show Bio

@bones309: Weather actively protects Weather Wizard; he also controls Earth's magnetic field. Thor can command "Storms" while Weather Wizard can command every element in Nature. All of Nature >>>>> just "Storms".

Also where does it state that Thors insides are as durable as his outsides. I feel like if someone were to rip out his intestines & punch them with a superhuman blow then they'd probably explode; whereas if Thor's chest took the hit from the outside it wouldn't do nearly as much damage.

Internal Organs are a quite squishy & I don't see any reason as to why they'd be THAT durable against physical damage.

If a massive Heat Wave won't work then he's got hundreds of other tricks up his sleeves; I don't see anything that makes Thor that special of a weather manipulator as to outclass WW. He's physically stronger & faster, but his storm control is below WW's.

Thor does not stomp at all; he may win [ which I'm not going to say he will until I truly see an argument that would actually explain why Thor should win ] but as of right now I'm not seeing anything that would sway me towards Thor's side or call it a STOMP for anyone.

Thor's mother is Gaea, he has Earth powers as well but rarely uses them

Dr. Doom cut open an average Asgardian and was impressed by the durability of their internal organs. The point was made that this was just an average Asgardian….that beings like Thor and Loki are far more powerful. Also you are talking about using weather against him. Something he is the god of..

His storm control is bellow WW based on what? Thor has commanded the wind of a thousand worlds...

You have a guy trying to use weather to beat a weather god and you don't get why this is a STOMP?

#60 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

@bones309: How often; in character, does Thor use his large scale weather manipulating powers? What I'm saying is that WW is this.

• Weather Wizard is going to go for a kill shot right off the bat; especially once he learns that Thor too can manipulate the weather.
  • There is nothing to imply that Thor's inner organs are going to be able to resist the full power of a tempest, or a raging tornado.
  • Thor [ from my knowledge ] isn't one to resort immediately to large scale weather control in battle; he's more apt to go in for the physical brawl & then bash em with his hammer.

I've gotta head out for the day now though, I'm still not seeing anything that makes me believe that Thor would win this for a majority, I think it's close, and I don't think it's a STOMP by any means.

#61 Edited by WarBlade539 (4577 posts) - - Show Bio

@elmohump said:

Thor is way over rated..I once saw a Thor fan claiming that he can stomp Wally West because he tagged Quicksilver..Smh..

He also sent a being packing who, essentially and I quote a friend,"equal to a pi$$ed off Odin". His fight with Gorr was destroying planets and moons around them. He can create Planetary-Level storms. He was able to 'hurt' Galactus and his Godblast will make short of anyone below Thanos.
@isaac_clarke can do a much better job of proving you wrong.

#62 Posted by Kid_Cool (182 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Weather Wizard here, due to the fact that he can tag Flash, he can also create a Tornado inside Thor's body, boom.

#63 Posted by Bones309 (898 posts) - - Show Bio

@bones309: How often; in character, does Thor use his large scale weather manipulating powers? What I'm saying is that WW is this.

• Weather Wizard is going to go for a kill shot right off the bat; especially once he learns that Thor too can manipulate the weather.
  • There is nothing to imply that Thor's inner organs are going to be able to resist the full power of a tempest, or a raging tornado.
  • Thor [ from my knowledge ] isn't one to resort immediately to large scale weather control in battle; he's more apt to go in for the physical brawl & then bash em with his hammer.

I've gotta head out for the day now though, I'm still not seeing anything that makes me believe that Thor would win this for a majority, I think it's close, and I don't think it's a STOMP by any means.

Thor doesn't need to pull out large scale weather attacks here…..WW probably does it more because he doesn't care about hurting others and well it's all he has.

So what if he goes for the kill first? He's trying to hurt a storm GOD with weather...

Thor has good showing of internal durability…Kitty Pryde phased the lower half of his body into concrete…it hurt him but he was able to free himself. He can control and is immune to weather. He can exhale hurricane winds.

Thor doesn't need to attack WW with weather…he'll likely laugh at him and finger flick him.

Honestly, I feel like a broken record and kinda silly to have to point this out but you have a guy trying to attack a weather GOD with weather and you don't get why this is a stomp?

#64 Posted by highaccuser (6641 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: Look, I'm as much of a rouge fan as you but WW can't put thor down. He just doesn't have the offensive output.

He is a far better weather manipulator in every way, but thors's tanked more than he's dished out.

#65 Edited by Kid_Cool (182 posts) - - Show Bio

@bones309: Thor being a Thunder God practically means nothing. If Thor already got hurt when he got attacked by a Phaser, the WW's tornado would do the job. + His lighting destroyed someone to dust.

#66 Edited by Bones309 (898 posts) - - Show Bio

@kid_cool said:

I'm going with Weather Wizard here, due to the fact that he can tag Flash, he can also create a Tornado inside Thor's body, boom.

Umm…no…first off Thor is a weather GOD…what's so hard to understand about that? But either way he has shown great internal durability. He's had half his body phased into concrete…it hurt him but he was able to counter act it. Tornado's are something he controls with ease. Heck, in the Stan Lee days he would breath them. I don't see this likely hurting him but even still, he could likely over come it with ease.

#67 Posted by RisingBean (3965 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing as how Thor can likely meet or best WW's elemental control we need to take other stuff into account. Assuming both cancelled the others weather ability, Thor brings Hulk level strength and durability to this fight. What does the Weather Wizard bring?

And if we assume this takes place on a deserted planet and Thor doesn't have an issue putting Weather Wizard down? Thor's high end weather control feats should shame WW.

#68 Posted by Bones309 (898 posts) - - Show Bio

@kid_cool said:

@bones309: Thor being a Thunder God practically means nothing. If Thor already got hurt when he got attacked by a Phaser, the WW's tornado would do the job. + His lighting destroyed someone to dust.

No it wouldn't….again he has control over these things…if it would even hurt him is questionable beyond belief but with a thought he could stop it. Solid concrete didn't stop him…but you think air will? You think lightning is going to effect Thor? Are you just trolling at this point?

#69 Posted by Kid_Cool (182 posts) - - Show Bio

@bones309: Okay, if Thor still got hurt by being stuck in concrete, a Tornado in the belly would hurt. WW has other options than Tornados, He controls weather and weather would protect him anyday. Yes, Thor is a weather God, but only in Marvel. WW has better weather control from what I've seen.

#70 Posted by Kid_Cool (182 posts) - - Show Bio

@bones309: "With a thought he could stop it". Well no if he doesn't have the chance, of the Tornado already destroys him. The guy WW blowed was like Abra Kadabra and used 64th century tech (which could easily stop a Tornado). He still got blowed cause the Tornado already blowed him before he could think of something. BTW I'm not trolling, it's just my opinion.

#71 Posted by CheeseSticks (2462 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor godstomps WW

#72 Edited by Bones309 (898 posts) - - Show Bio

@kid_cool said:

@bones309: "With a thought he could stop it". Well no if he doesn't have the chance, of the Tornado already destroys him. The guy WW blowed was like Abra Kadabra and used 64th century tech (which could easily stop a Tornado). He still got blowed cause the Tornado already blowed him before he could think of something. BTW I'm not trolling, it's just my opinion.

@kid_cool said:

@bones309: Okay, if Thor still got hurt by being stuck in concrete, a Tornado in the belly would hurt. WW has other options than Tornados, He controls weather and weather would protect him anyday. Yes, Thor is a weather God, but only in Marvel. WW has better weather control from what I've seen.

Did this guy have anything close to Thor's durablity? Thor was able to take being phased into concrete without it killing him. This is far worst than what WW would attempt. He's had Iceman freeze every part of his body and was able to attack again a page or so later. Thor's durablity is too high and I honestly don't know that wind, even inside of him would hurt him….the guy can breath a tornado...

Thor only controlling weather in Marvel is a cheap shot, since any showing of him controlling weather outside of the Marvel Universe is noncanon but he's done it. WW has better weather control, in what way? Thor doesn't rely on his weather but has commanded weather beyond planetary levels. Really how does that matter? Thor is immune to weather…..is WW?

You have a Superman level begging vs a normal human….both have weather control….the Superman level being is immune to weather. How is this even an issue?

#73 Posted by bgibs13390 (875 posts) - - Show Bio
Thor just recently had his liver turned to glass in a fight with Malaketh. He just shrugged it off. Thats a good internal durability and healing feat.

#74 Posted by pooty (11112 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@doom_phd said:

Since when Marvel Thor is a god? I was under the impression they just seem like gods.

A god is someone who is worshiped. Thor is a god

That's a pretty legit statement. Is thor actually worshipped though? Like is the actual guy thor worshipped when he goes down to Earth? I would call him a god regardless, but it's just a question.

Even in marvel comics, in the past, Thor was worshipped as a god. In one comic, thor or odin even mention how Christianity had replaced them as gods. The Phoenix is worshipped by the Shiar so that is a god also.

#75 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10455 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor for the curbstomp.

#76 Posted by pooty (11112 posts) - - Show Bio
@risingbean said:

@pokergeist said:

@doom_phd: Since when was Thor not a god?

Movies imply Thor is just an alien whose tech pretty much seems like magic to us.

Movies?

That is pretty much all a god is. an alien who can do things we can't. magic is just exotic science and energy.

#77 Posted by chiq (1962 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#78 Posted by sheryinistoosexy (722 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssj_god: True. Weather Wizard win this.

#79 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: cool, do you happen to know the name of the comic? Like I said, I'm looking into picking up thor comics, so I'm collecting lists of various ones.

#80 Edited by ssj_god (5207 posts) - - Show Bio

i see a lot of haters again.. lol :D

#81 Posted by ssj_god (5207 posts) - - Show Bio

soo much guys here goes to the majority percentages of my comment #24 question.

anyway.. i always likes to give reasonable unbiased opinion everytime regardless of which characters i love and which i dont (though.. no one actually is in this list :D )

here.. as weatherman is weather.. and thor is the weather god.. so.. i won't be going for their weather control powerscaling... none of them is gonna get very much effected by the weather... then comes down to other attributes.. and there is a league difference.

#82 Edited by Wolverine08 (42134 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

Lightning is Thor's b%tch.

In all fairness, the weather actively protects Wizard, so Thor would have to use a physical strike to put him down, I think.

Then Thor will hit it with his hammer until it drops!

FOR MIDGARD!

#83 Edited by Kid_Cool (182 posts) - - Show Bio

@bones309: If Thor already got hurt by concrete, a tornado should knock him out. What's so hard to understand about that? Durability isn't everything.

WW is protected by weather.

And Thor isn't Superman in terms of speed and strenght, WW isn't a normal person either, guy gives Flash problems (speed feat).

#84 Posted by CheeseSticks (2462 posts) - - Show Bio

People saying WW win is yet another feat for the DC biased on ComicVine.

#85 Posted by mjolnirson (1327 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor stomp...

#86 Edited by Bones309 (898 posts) - - Show Bio

@kid_cool said:

@bones309: If Thor already got hurt by concrete, a tornado should knock him out. What's so hard to understand about that? Durability isn't everything.

And Thor isn't Superman in terms of speed and strenght, WW isn't a normal person either, guy gives Flash problems (speed feat).

He wasn't hit with it…it was phased into him…and he was able to undo it with ease. It was a molecular attack..can WW effect people on a molecular level? A tornado inside of him wouldn't create enough pressure to effect him. He can exhale hurricane winds. Again, Thor is a storm god….I don't see a tornado effecting him…even inside him. Durability is very significant here..I don't see WW being able to hurt Thor at all.

Protected by it but is he immune to it? Storm can use weather to protect herself but is not immune to it. Either way it doesn't matter since Thor could walk/fly right past any weather protection.

Speed, I'll give you but strength, durability, stamina, etc. Thor is at a Superman level. Can he move at Flashes speed or is it just that he has omnidirectional attacks? WW doesn't have any superhuman strength, durability, stamina, etc. that makes think he can stand a chance here.

#87 Posted by mjolnirson (1327 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor stomp

#88 Edited by Kid_Cool (182 posts) - - Show Bio

@bones309: He still got hurt by it. A Tornado in Thor's belly would hurt it, yeah, he can exhale it but it's in his belly, he won't get any chance of exhaling it.

He got struck by lighting and nothing happened, so it's safe to say WW is immune to most weather attacks.

He can react to Flash's speeds, yes Thor has almost every advantage physically, but no one's canceling anybody's weather projection here.

#89 Posted by pooty (11112 posts) - - Show Bio

@kid_cool said:

@bones309: He still got hurt by it. A Tornado in Thor's belly would hurt it, yeah, he can exhale it but it's in his belly, he won't get any chance of exhaling it.

He got struck by lighting and nothing happened, so it's safe to say WW is immune to most weather attacks.

He can react to Flash's speeds, yes Thor has almost every advantage physically, but no one's canceling anybody's weather projection here.

Is this a "weather only" battle? If not, Thor wins. When Thor fought Gorr, Gorr was literally having his insides ripped to shreds by Gorrs scythe and kept fighting. When Thor fought Glory, Glory had locust(or some other insect) eating Thors intestines and stomach and THor fought on. Plus Thor can throw Mjolnir at light speed. One hit is all it takes. and thor has hit sentry and silver surfer both who are very fast

#90 Posted by CheeseSticks (2462 posts) - - Show Bio

@kid_cool said:

Let's see if WW is immune to have a hammer to his face.

#91 Posted by Kid_Cool (182 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: Gorr ripped his own intestines? Yeah, I know Thor's great an all, but IMO WW wins. Thor would be slowed down by a Tornado. BTW, this thread show's WW feats: http://www.comicvine.com/wally-west/4005-23879/forums/if-flash-is-so-unbeatable-why-are-all-his-villains-658400/#54

#92 Posted by Kid_Cool (182 posts) - - Show Bio
#93 Posted by ssj_god (5207 posts) - - Show Bio

geez.. what kind of hate raging is this? .. here some people arguing in which strategy.. ww will beat thor... the same could be counted against superman too (i.e tornado inside of belly).. but then the same people will argue for superman that how it is not possible, how superman wont have any problem with it... then again.. i know some other people will debate in for of ww, how he's beating superman...

but the matter of fact is, we all know from our knowledge that ww is out of his league here.. he can't beat thor or superman.. the debate is just an excuse to show the character you hate is downgraded.. haha :D

ofcourse it's my opinion.. no one can change that.. :D

#94 Posted by RisingBean (3965 posts) - - Show Bio

@kid_cool said:

Wow. You sure are clueless.

Lets pretend Thor doesn't negate that tornado. He gets hurt. He shrugs it off. He breaks the Wizards face with a hammer. Show some durability feats. Put up or shut up.

As for giving Flash issues? We can go the other way and show Thor hitting Silver Surfer whose speed is ridiculous.

#95 Posted by Deadpo0l (342 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor f**ks sh** up

#96 Edited by ssj_god (5207 posts) - - Show Bio

ww is a earth bound weather controler

against thor (weather god)...

thor uses earth control to amp gravity 100 folds... instant crush for ww

against superman (god in terms of power)...

ww gets speedblitz.. one punch in the face, and it's over..

lets end this spite thread here.

#97 Posted by pooty (11112 posts) - - Show Bio

@kid_cool said:

@pooty: Gorr ripped his own intestines? Yeah, I know Thor's great an all, but IMO WW wins. Thor would be slowed down by a Tornado. BTW, this thread show's WW feats: http://www.comicvine.com/wally-west/4005-23879/forums/if-flash-is-so-unbeatable-why-are-all-his-villains-658400/#54

@kid_cool said:

Wow. You sure are clueless.

Lets pretend Thor doesn't negate that tornado. He gets hurt. He shrugs it off. He breaks the Wizards face with a hammer. Show some durability feats. Put up or shut up.

As for giving Flash issues? We can go the other way and show Thor hitting Silver Surfer whose speed is ridiculous.

Yes. Thor would be SLOWED. not stopped. not defeated. not helpless. Thor would still be able to fight. One hit. One blast is all it takes to take WW down. Flash is also tagged by Deathstroke, Gorilla Grodd, Captain Boomerang etc. Are they all FTL or is Flash nerfed so there is actually a fight? Comics have to fill 22 pages so they allow WW and Gorilla Grodd to hit Flash. On that respect thread WW made fog and heat then got one shot by flash. Not good enough to take down Thor. As said, thor has had people attack him internally and he fought through it.

#98 Posted by ssj_god (5207 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssj_god said:

ww is a earth bound weather controler

against thor (weather god)...

thor uses earth control to amp gravity 100 folds... instant crush for ww

against superman (god in terms of power)...

ww gets speedblitz.. one punch in the face, and it's over..

lets end this spite thread here.

seriously... no hate raging...

world is full of hate.

#99 Posted by Kid_Cool (182 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: Deathstroke tagging Flash is PIS, Grodd probably mind attacked Flash first. He could make a fog, then Thor wouldn't see anything, then WW has a big chance of attacking Thor. Yeah, he got attacked internally but still got hurt.

#100 Posted by Kid_Cool (182 posts) - - Show Bio

@risingbean: Clueless, what I'm saying is simple Logic.

A hammer to the face wont knock WW if he gets out of the way.

And Flash >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SS it's not even funny comparing them.