#1 Edited by XiiX (7916 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by beatboks1 (7096 posts) - - Show Bio

@XiiX: I was exited when i saw the title, one of my fav Marvel heroes vs one of my fav DC villains. All powers involved for both this would have been a good fight , H2H only Thor will win pretty quickly. Ultra has the strength and blunt force durability to take it to Superman or PG (as per scan) but really has no skill to match a warrior like Thor

#3 Edited by HereComesTheBoom_Headshot (321 posts) - - Show Bio
@beatboks1 said:

@XiiX: I was exited when i saw the title, one of my fav Marvel heroes vs one of my fav DC villains. All powers involved for both this would have been a good fight , H2H only Thor will win pretty quickly. Ultra has the strength and blunt force durability to take it to Superman or PG (as per scan) but really has no skill to match a warrior like Thor

I completely agree, except UH is far from one of my faves.
#4 Posted by beatboks1 (7096 posts) - - Show Bio

@HereComesTheBoom_Headshot said:

@beatboks1 said:

@XiiX: I was exited when i saw the title, one of my fav Marvel heroes vs one of my fav DC villains. All powers involved for both this would have been a good fight , H2H only Thor will win pretty quickly. Ultra has the strength and blunt force durability to take it to Superman or PG (as per scan) but really has no skill to match a warrior like Thor

I completely agree, except UH is far from one of my faves.

No love for super genius in ape bodies with super strength/ durability/TP/TK who can solo teams when he has prep??

#5 Posted by TheSuperHuman (856 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

@XiiX: I was exited when i saw the title, one of my fav Marvel heroes vs one of my fav DC villains. All powers involved for both this would have been a good fight , H2H only Thor will win pretty quickly. Ultra has the strength and blunt force durability to take it to Superman or PG (as per scan) but really has no skill to match a warrior like Thor

#6 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16642 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

@HereComesTheBoom_Headshot said:

@beatboks1 said:

@XiiX: I was exited when i saw the title, one of my fav Marvel heroes vs one of my fav DC villains. All powers involved for both this would have been a good fight , H2H only Thor will win pretty quickly. Ultra has the strength and blunt force durability to take it to Superman or PG (as per scan) but really has no skill to match a warrior like Thor

I completely agree, except UH is far from one of my faves.

No love for super genius in ape bodies with super strength/ durability/TP/TK who can solo teams when he has prep??

Nope :p

#7 Posted by xdm (550 posts) - - Show Bio

I like this art (design).

He looks awesome.

On the other hand...he has some design...very ugly.

For me it's the weakness of the character.

#8 Posted by beatboks1 (7096 posts) - - Show Bio

@xdm said:

On the other hand...he has some design...very ugly.

For me it's the weakness of the character.

I loved Jerry Ordway's pencils for the most part, But his take on the Ape Ultra in that ark was FAR from his best work. Mind you he made the female Delores Winters Ultra look damn hot.

#9 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

ultra-humanite.

#11 Posted by Hyperlight (5688 posts) - - Show Bio

hahah why would ultra humanite be able to fight thor....if he is in a normal gorilla body with telepathy than thor wins both rounds. dont know how strong his tp is though

#12 Edited by XiiX (7916 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyperlight: He isn't in a "normal gorilla body". He's at least a Superman level threat capable of pummeling a kryptonian into unconsciousness with minimal effort. He also arguably one of the most powerful telepaths on the planet.

#13 Posted by Hyperlight (5688 posts) - - Show Bio

@xiix: oh i though he was just a gorilla with a human conscious and TP. how is his body able to stand up to a kryptonian?

#14 Edited by XiiX (7916 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyperlight: I'm not sure(I've only heard his body referred to as a "mutant gorilla body"). I only have a cursory awareness of the character from scans I've seen and couple more recent stories. Here are a few more scans of his capabilities. Note in the top-center scan, it claims Superman is "lucky he has Martian Manhunter and Guy Gardner's support".