Thor vs Toph (read OP)

grevous11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By grevous11

This is a battle of just earth manipulation. Thor does not have any of his other powers or mjolnir. His endurance and strength are of a normal human in the avatar world.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jeanroygrant

Toph has shown more earth manipulation but Thor's was shown to be stronger.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By nefarious

Thor wouldn't waste his time on Toph. Besides, she cannot harm him.

Afro_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Afro_Warrior

@Nefarious:

Read the OP.

Now with that said, does Thor even have that ability? I mean Jeanroygrant's scan merely shows Thor cracking the ground with a hammer strike, that looks like its utilising lightning. That's not Earth manipulation.

Anyone else got a better example?

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Afro_Warrior said:

@Nefarious:

Read the OP.

Now with that said, does Thor even have that ability? I mean Jeanroygrant's scan merely shows Thor cracking the ground with a hammer strike, that looks like its utilising lightning. That's not Earth manipulation.

Read the text.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By majestic99

Thor wins.

m99

Sega_Shaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sega_Shaman

So... it's basically Toph vs. someone in a Thor costume? Since it's Thor without the things that make him Thor; you know, powers, strength, hammer, etc. I don't think that I've seen the Norse God of Thunder and storms use any earth-manipulating powers.

Edit: After reading the scan closer, Thor can make a larger fissure, so if they're having a contest out of that, Thor wins. But if they're actually fighting, can he do more than that? And can he do it without Mjonlir?

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By majestic99

@Sega_Shaman said:

So... it's basically Toph vs. someone in a Thor costume? Since it's Thor without the things that make him Thor; you know, powers, strength, hammer, etc. I don't think that I've seen the Norse God of Thunder and storms use any earth-manipulating powers.

Edit: After reading the scan closer, Thor can make a larger fissure, so if they're having a contest out of that, Thor wins. But if they're actually fighting, can he do more than that? And can he do it without Mjonlir?

Thor can cause earthquakes, create tornadoes, produce thunderstorms, etc. So yes, he can do more than that.

m99

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By nefarious
@Afro_Warrior: The OP makes NO SENSE.
Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jorgevy

Thor has earth manipulation due to being Gaea's son

grevous11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By grevous11

For those of you wondering why I even made this: I made it because Thor has earth manipulation powers, but he just recently came to the realization that he had them. He doesn't have much experience with them, but it looks like he can do it well.

Avatar image for the_mayhem_theory
The_Mayhem_Theory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nefarious said:
@Afro_Warrior: The OP makes NO SENSE.
Agreed.
Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jorgevy

@grevous11 said:

For those of you wondering why I even made this: I made it because Thor has earth manipulation powers, but he just recently came to the realization that he had them. He doesn't have much experience with them, but it looks like he can do it well.

yeah, has to due with what I said, him being Gaeas son and everything. He only knows about it recently

grevous11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By grevous11

@Jorgevy yeah. Toph is experienced with bending, so I thought it would be interesting.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@Afro_Warrior said:

@Nefarious:

Read the OP.

Read the text.

Read the OP. Thor doesn't have his hammer here. So unless he has done things like that without the use of his hammer. Then that scan is pointless really, since he required his hammer (which he doesn't have here) to do that.

@majestic99 said:

@Sega_Shaman said:

Thor can cause earthquakes, create tornadoes, produce thunderstorms, etc. So yes, he can do more than that.

m99

Has he ever done any of that without the use of his hammer?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toph wins.

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By OmegaDynasty

Not sure if Thor would even fight her. 
Probably make him look bad if he was to beat up a little blind girl, even if she can earth bend.   
As for earth manipulation, maybe Thor? Not sure, never seen him use it before. 

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_slim_ said:

@Afro_Warrior said:

@Nefarious:

Read the OP.

Read the text.

Read the OP. Thor doesn't have his hammer here. So unless he has done things like that without the use of his hammer. Then that scan is pointless really, since he required his hammer (which he doesn't have here) to do that.

He stated in the text that he is able to manipulate Earth due to his elder-god Physiology, not Mjolnir.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_slim_ said:

@Afro_Warrior said:

@Nefarious:

Read the OP.

Read the text.

He stated in the text that he is able to manipulate Earth due to his elder-god Physiology, not Mjolnir.

But he required Mjolnir just to do what he did.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jezer

@majestic99 said:

@Sega_Shaman said:

m99

Thunderstorms and tornadoes wouldn't be use-able though, since it isn't earth manipulation.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By majestic99

@Jezer:

You're right, get earth control and weather manipulation confused sometimes.

m99

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By majestic99

@_slim_ said:

Has he ever done any of that without the use of his hammer?

This:

Meaning he doesn't need his hammer for Earth Control.

m99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@majestic99: When has he ever shown to do that without his hammer?

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lady_liberty

Its hard to judge Thor's abilities without any scans of them.