• 85 results
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By TifaLockhart

Can even the most powerful conventional superhero (i.e. no Spectre or Phantom Stranger) of DC defeat Marvel's top dog?

Who, and most importantly why?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Saren

OP seems to imply that none of DC's conventional heroes can beat Thor.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TifaLockhart

@CitizenBane: With all the FTL soul stealing Thor does, how could they?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Saren

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

Not sure if this is sarcastic, but Thor's only on-panel soul-stealing feat, at least the one that I've seen floating around, is dubious at best. And that's putting it mildly. His handbook entry apparently says he can do so, but handbook entries are notoriously unreliable.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By czarny_samael666

So this is spite, because one of Your DC heroes lost a battle with Thor here? 

Just to name few, Martian should win with Thor. Cap Atom has a chance. Didn't in other thread Majestic won his battle? Flash would stomp Thor. The same with Zoom.

So this seems like tottally spite thread. Even while I completly don't know this Infinity-Man.
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Chaos Prime

IM Ftw imo Has not only beaten but killed characters on a par with Thor..
PS - Wonder Woman would beat Thor ;-)

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Chaos Prime said:
IM Ftw imo Has not only beaten but killed characters on a par with Thor.. PS - Wonder Woman would beat Thor ;-)
Are You usre You want to start this here? ;)
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TifaLockhart

@czarny_samael666 said:

So this is spite, because one of Your DC heroes lost a battle with Thor here? Just to name few, Martian should win with Thor. Cap Atom has a chance. Didn't in other thread Majestic won his battle? Flash would stomp Thor. The same with Zoom. So this seems like tottally spite thread. Even while I completly don't know this Infinity-Man.

So upping the ante makes something spite? No DC toptier I can think of has any defense to Thor's speed or versatility. And why assume if you don't know who Infinity-Man is?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Saren

Infinity Man should win this. He was able to beat Orion, and I've always maintained that Orion could beat either Thor or Superman in a fight.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Chaos Prime
@czarny_samael666 said:
@Chaos Prime said:
IM Ftw imo Has not only beaten but killed characters on a par with Thor.. PS - Wonder Woman would beat Thor ;-)
Are You usre You want to start this here? ;)
probably not Lol ;-)
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Saren

@czarny_samael666 said:

So this is spite, because one of Your DC heroes lost a battle with Thor here? Just to name few, Martian should win with Thor. Cap Atom has a chance. Didn't in other thread Majestic won his battle? Flash would stomp Thor. The same with Zoom. So this seems like tottally spite thread. Even while I completly don't know this Infinity-Man.

So upping the ante makes something spite? No DC toptier I can think of has any defense to Thor's speed or versatility. And why assume if you don't know who Infinity-Man is?

Superman, Captain Marvel, Captain Atom, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Flash, and Orion can all react to Thor's speed more than sufficiently.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By czarny_samael666

@czarny_samael666 said:

Because Your OP shows Your anger on Thor. 
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TifaLockhart

@czarny_samael666: Really? You can sense anger over the Internet?

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By czarny_samael666

Sometimes... I personally I am very bad at showing my own emotions (language doesn't matter). 

You've asked a question on which answer is obvious:
Yes, there are DC heroes in this level that can defeat Thor.
Which means that something is not right here.

Later You asked another question with similar type of answer, that also sounds like total sarcasm. Since You're the one who made that thread, it seems like spite, since we both know that You don't agree with opinion that Thor can defeat any hero in that level from DC. Neither do I or anyone else from CV. 

That is why it is so obvious.
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TifaLockhart

The answer isn't so obvious, and if you knew Thor's opponent you'd likely agree. Infinity-Man is far slower than Superman. He's admitted Orion's full potential is greater than his. Darkseid has exiled him twice, with ease. He's had trouble with Mantis.

And for the record, I think any fictional character can defeat any other fictional character. So don't presume to know me.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@CitizenBane said:

Not sure if this is sarcastic, but Thor's only on-panel soul-stealing feat, at least the one that I've seen floating around, is dubious at best. And that's putting it mildly. His handbook entry apparently says he can do so, but handbook entries are notoriously unreliable.

How is Superman lifting half of an infinite number a credible showing, yet Thor manipulating souls isn't? That being said, Infinity Man wins.

@Chaos Prime said:

No.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Saren

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@CitizenBane said:

How is Superman lifting half of an infinite number a credible showing, yet Thor manipulating souls isn't? That being said, Infinity Man wins.

Can you post a scan of Thor soul-stealing under his own power, i.e no Odinforce?

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TifaLockhart

@venomoushatred1001: Why? He doesn't have microsecond reaction time. He's been banished. And he has a soul.

3 things you've used as legit reasons against Superman/Hulk-level characters.

Also, your scan was called into question and you cited the handbook, which doesn't help the validity of the scan.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CitizenBane said:

@CitizenBane said:

Can you post a scan of Thor soul-stealing under his own power, i.e no Odinforce?

I'm sure you've seen it before:

No Caption Provided
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TifaLockhart

The caption reads that Thor is stealing Loki's godly life force. The word "souls" is mentioned, but can you please provide context? What happens next?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Saren

@CitizenBane said:

@CitizenBane said:

No Caption Provided

I see life-force being drained. Many, many characters have drained life-force. Even Ra's al Ghul's dad has drained life-force. It's not the same as draining souls. Just because it says "flayed to the depths of their souls" doesn't mean actual souls were involved. That's a common descriptive for mystical characters.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CitizenBane said:

@CitizenBane said:

@CitizenBane said:

No Caption Provided

I see life-force being drained. Many, many characters have drained life-force. Even Ra's al Ghul's dad has drained life-force. It's not the same as draining souls. Just because it says "flayed to the depths of their souls" doesn't mean actual souls were involved. That's a common descriptive for mystical characters.

Be that as it may, Marvel intended that this was a showing of Thor's soul manipulation powers. He also brought Loki back to life, freed the Asgardians after their souls were trapped in human bodies, and sensed Cap's soul was at unrest and communicated with it. So Thor does indeed have this ability.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TifaLockhart

... which he uses selectively.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Saren

@venomoushatred1001: How do you know that? Where does it say that it was "intended" as a showing of soul manipulation? Was there some kind of interview with the writer? If not, there really is no reason to assume Thor can steal souls. The other examples you've mentioned aren't soul-stealing, and none of them are in combat scenarios of this level. Add that to the fact that Thor rarely, if ever, uses any kind of soul/life-force manipulation in battle, especially over the last few years.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CitizenBane said:

@venomoushatred1001: How do you know that? Where does it say that it was "intended" as a showing of soul manipulation? Was there some kind of interview with the writer? If not, there really is no reason to assume Thor can steal souls. The other examples you've mentioned aren't soul-stealing, and none of them are in combat scenarios of this level. Add that to the fact that Thor rarely, if ever, uses any kind of soul/life-force manipulation in battle, especially over the last few years.

Wizard stated that this was marvel.com way of showing an example of Thor soul stealing. And Wizard isn't known for making things up.

Those were examples of Soul MANIPULATION. And those were recent showings too.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By King_Saturn
Infinity Man should be able to beat the breaks off of Thor.
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TifaLockhart

Wizard also said the JL would beat Galactus.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wizard also said the JL would beat Galactus.

Really?

@King Saturn said:

Infinity Man should be able to beat the breaks off of Thor.

Agreed.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TifaLockhart

I remember in Jurgens' run, Thor couldn't resurrect some woman's son.

EDIT: Ya rly. It was in one of those Last Man Standing articles they did. I don't recall the issue number offhand.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Saren

@CitizenBane said:

Wizard stated that this was marvel.com way of showing an example of Thor soul stealing. And Wizard isn't known for making things up.

......and why exactly is what Wizard says relevant? They may not be known for making things up (though if what Last_Son says is true, their idea of the JL beating Galactus is cringe-worthy), but they're not an authority on anything the company may have intended to do. I would accept it if it was in a scan, an interview, a reply column at the back of a comic, something like that. Certainly not a third-party's interpretation.

Again, combat scenarios? And it doesn't change the fact that those things are terribly out-of-character for Thor.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By czarny_samael666

@venomoushatred1001: Why? He doesn't have microsecond reaction time. He's been banished. And he has a soul.

3 things you've used as legit reasons against Superman/Hulk-level characters.

Also, your scan was called into question and you cited the handbook, which doesn't help the validity of the scan.

Then he probably loses. I've made my call based on how You were talking about Thor.

@CitizenBane said:

@CitizenBane said:

No Caption Provided

Wow. When does it happen?
@CitizenBane said:

I agree with that in some part. Still, stealing life force is a great power. 
Thor can manipulate souls, but I am not sure that he can do it offensively. Still, stealing life force of someone like Loki is a great feat, even in life-force-stealing-area.
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CitizenBane said:

@CitizenBane said:

......and why exactly is what Wizard says relevant? They may not be known for making things up (though if what Last_Son says is true, their idea of the JL beating Galactus is cringe-worthy), but they're not an authority on anything the company may have intended to do. I would accept it if it was in a scan, an interview, a reply column at the back of a comic, something like that. Certainly not a third-party's interpretation.

Again, combat scenarios? And it doesn't change the fact that those things are terribly out-of-character for Thor.

LOL Wizard did say it was reliable feat. I look for the interview.

My bad. I thought you meant soul manipulation in general. If without morals, I believe Thor would soul steal, but only as a last minute tactic and certainly not in character.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CitizenBane:

http://www.old-wizard.com/top-10-most-powerful-superheroes-of-all-time/comment-page-30

Scroll down to Thor and read.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TifaLockhart

@venomoushatred1001: I don't see anything about Marvel dot com.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@venomoushatred1001: I don't see anything about Marvel dot com.

What do you mean?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Saren

@CitizenBane:

http://www.old-wizard.com/top-10-most-powerful-superheroes-of-all-time/comment-page-30

This does nothing to refute my original point : how does Wizard saying so make it true? They're not a valid authority, being completely unconnected to the writing process.

Avatar image for chucknorrisreturned
chucknorrisreturned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CitizenBane said:

Did not thor lose to superman in the cross over? pff a lot of people can beat thor

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Saren

@chucknorrisreturned said:

@CitizenBane said:

Did not thor lose to superman in the cross over? pff a lot of people can beat thor

Crossovers aren't canon. While Superman can beat Thor, an argument can be crafted for the reverse as well. But yes, a lot of people can beat Thor, just as a lot of people can beat Superman.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chucknorrisreturned said:

@CitizenBane said:

Crossovers are non canon.

@CitizenBane said:

@CitizenBane:

This does nothing to refute my original point : how does Wizard saying so make it true? They're not a valid authority, being completely unconnected to the writing process.

The point is it has been stated, shown, and proven that Thor can manipulate souls by not just Wizard, MARVEL. Whether he can actually use this ability in a fight is a good question, though I think he can because there is no evidence that says he can't. I do agree, however that Thor doesn't normally result to this ability often in combat situations other than his fight with Loki.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By isaac_clarke

No Caption Provided

I always saw that more of godly essence jacking. If anything, Heaven and Earth's astral plane / alternate future bananza trip is a better indicator of Mjolnir's ridiculous plot power of jacking an individual's spirit through time and space.

I remember in Jurgens' run, Thor couldn't resurrect some woman's son.

EDIT: Ya rly. It was in one of those Last Man Standing articles they did. I don't recall the issue number offhand.

Honestly, given how Thor and other gods can dip into various afterlives and heck even summon Captain America's disembodied spirit from his time displaced adventure with Mjolnir, it wouldn't be too hard of a stretch to have a plot device such as Thor to pull that off if writers want him too.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By czarny_samael666
@venomoushatred1001 :

I ask again: When Thor did it to Loki?
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42  Edited By MrDirector786

I can see anything over the internet... I can also punch people through the internet. :P

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By czarny_samael666
@MrDirector786 said:

I can see anything over the internet... I can also punch people through the internet. :P

Admit it - You are him.  Is this really 2011??? :P
Full_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Full_Spectrum

Wait, since when has Thor been marvels top dog? I always thought Silver Surfer was...

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael666 said:

@venomoushatred1001 : I ask again: When Thor did it to Loki?
No Caption Provided
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TifaLockhart

I would facepalm if I wasn't so busy chuckling.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Full_Spectrum said:
Wait, since when has Thor been marvels top dog? I always thought Silver Surfer was...
That was provocation.

@czarny_samael666 said:

No Caption Provided

You've didn't see my last question, did You? ;)
I've seen the scan. I am asking when he did that? In which issue?
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael666 said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

No Caption Provided
You've didn't see my last question, did You? ;) I've seen the scan. I am asking when he did that? In which issue?

OH. I dunno :)

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TifaLockhart

It's not often I do this, but I am literally LOL'ing.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By czarny_samael666

It's not often I do this, but I am literally LOL'ing.

About another Thor's power?