Thor vs Thanos

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for fernando072295reborn
Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thor does everything in his power to win. He'll fight out of character and fight to kill. Thanos is in character. No BFR. Who wins?

momo111191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@momo111191: How do you think he'll go about beating this Thor?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Killemall

Thanos.

Thor goes down to telepathy.

Although its going to be pretty hard for Thanos to take him down because he cant use his energy attacks.

LordChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall:Telepathy would be his best bet that's for sure.

@pooty: Why? That scan proves next to nothing other than Thanos can stop a standard hammer throw. How about one that warps through space to bypass any shield? Or Thor just throwing his hammer so it spins around Thanos and absorbs his shield?

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos.

Thor goes down to telepathy.

Although its going to be pretty hard for Thanos to take him down because he cant use his energy attacks.

Pretty much.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rolldestroyer

thanos

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos has a strong pimp hand. Thanos stomps

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@pooty: Why? That scan proves next to nothing other than Thanos can stop a standard hammer throw. How about one that warps through space to bypass any shield? Or Thor just throwing his hammer so it spins around Thanos and absorbs his shield?

Thanos shield, at least as per bio (i havent found an on panel explanation yet) is apparently celestial tech, just thought that would be a little hard for Thor to either absorb or bypass, i mean even Galactus had to go thru in the conventional style and no one has yet absorbed or bypassed it.

But yeah i am sticking with telepathy, as long as Thanos can avoid that hammer, he could take Thor rather handily even on a h2h combat.

I personally think its going to be a repeat performance of what happened to Thor and Thing when they both fought Thanos during The Final Threat.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos murderstomps.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos already beat a Warriors Madness Thor with the Power gem.

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: Thanos's tech is up there, which is why I don't give the nod to Thor that he'll break them via physical force. Hm, ok then his tech would probably be able to resist being absorbed it'd be only natural since it's Thanos. But the bypass Thor can do is a little too intense imo. The shields become irrelevant really since Mjolnir teleports basically between one point to the other, still carrying its force. So he could prop up even the galactus holding shields, Mjolnir would still just go through space and end up on the other side of the shield.

Yeah, telepathy is the best way to go. Under these stips, Thor doesn't need to melee with him.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By New_World_Order

He didn't beat him. Rather, he was holding his own for a little, and than was starting to lose. So he used tech to freeze Thor, so Odin could stop him. Also that wasn't a Warrior's Madness Thor. Just a Thor that was insane, because of someone tampering with his mind. ( Can't remember who it was )

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby said:

He didn't beat him. Rather, he was holding his own for a little, and than was starting to lose. So he used tech to freeze Thor, so Odin could stop him. Also that wasn't a Warrior's Madness Thor. Just a Thor that was insane, because of someone tampering with his mind. ( Can't remember who it was )

That's a win in my book. If the fight had continued Thanos would probably have lost sure...but it didn't. And Thor was amped by the Power Gem...which he doesn't have here.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By New_World_Order

@thundergodswrath said:

@shawnbaby said:

That's a win in my book. If the fight had continued Thanos would probably have lost sure...but it didn't. And Thor was amped by the Power Gem...which he doesn't have here.

It wasn't standard gear.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby said:

@thundergodswrath said:

@shawnbaby said:

It wasn't standard gear.

Neither is the Power Gem.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath said:

@shawnbaby said:

@thundergodswrath said:

@shawnbaby said:

It wasn't standard gear.

Neither is the Power Gem.

I know.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath: I think he's trying to say that Thanos was able to fight Thor with the Power Gem which increased his attributes; he doesn't have that here and would lead to the battle finishing rather quickly

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By New_World_Order

@dondave said:

@thundergodswrath: I think he's trying to say that Thanos was able to fight Thor with the Power Gem which increased his attributes; he doesn't have that here and would lead to the battle finishing rather quickly

Yeah I know, but that Thor wasn't in his right mind. A morals off Thor would do more than strike. He would summon storms, and shoot energy blasts. Yes Thor gets stomped here, but i'm just saying he will do more than hammer swings.

HyperViper97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor can do whatever he wants. Thanos pimp slaps his blondeness

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@fernando072295reborn:

if Thor's allowed to do anything in his power, he could warrior madness up in there

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos still wins. A blast like this from him would leave Thor in ruin.

No Caption Provided

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neongamewave:

Love Galactus, hate to say this

No Caption Provided

he jobs way to much,

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Shawnbaby

@thundergodswrath said:

@dondave said:

Yeah I know, but that Thor wasn't in his right mind. A morals off Thor would do more than strike. He would summon storms, and shoot energy blasts. Yes Thor gets stomped here, but i'm just saying he will do more than hammer swings.

You didn't even mention storms and energy blasts until just now. You were arguing about non-standard gear and trying to say that Thor did not lose that fight...when Thor was also using Non-Standard Gear and he did not win that fight. Now you are saying that Thor would do more than just brawl...while neglecting the fact that Thanos can do a lot more than just brawl as well. He was brawling with Thor because he enjoyed it...until he got bored, grabbed his gun, and won via incapacitation.

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1: that's non canon and it didn't even do anything to Galactus...how is it jobbing?

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neongamewave: A blast like that would be the end of Thanos actually. As it would be absorbed and provided the means for Thor to simply keep absorbing and drain Thanos dry.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fernando072295reborn:

Hercules(shown on multiple occasions to be Thor's equal) staggered Galactus, he was as knocked out and aangered there as he was in his fight with Thanos

and what do you mean that wasn't canon?

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@betatesthighlander1: That fight and instance is not from 616 makeing it non cannon and is not the same galactus or herculeas.

CosmosTyrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By CosmosTyrant

@betatesthighlander1: Bad fight to post.

1: That's not Thanos, but one of hes clones.

2: Thor was been emp by Odin, Belt of strength and Odin's shield.

Like Avery other fight Thanos has with people on Thor's level, Avery single one has ended with Thanos beating them with ease.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bronze_surfer: what? what universe was that, in that case?

@cosmostyrant:

Thor does everything in his power to win. He'll fight out of character and fight to kill. Thanos is in character. No BFR. Who wins?

evidence of that being a clone of Thanos?

and self-amping is within Thor's power

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CosmosTyrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@betatesthighlander1: Thor vol. 2 #25 check it out.

No Caption Provided

Odin force, Belt of strength and shield of Odin, those items are not in this fight.

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1: that scan that you posted? non canon. It's from a classic what if, if I'm not mistaken. And Galactus had Herc dead to rights in that comic also.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By New_World_Order

@thundergodswrath said:

@dondave said:

You didn't even mention storms and energy blasts until just now. You were arguing about non-standard gear and trying to say that Thor did not lose that fight...when Thor was also using Non-Standard Gear and he did not win that fight. Now you are saying that Thor would do more than just brawl...while neglecting the fact that Thanos can do a lot more than just brawl as well. He was brawling with Thor because he enjoyed it...until he got bored, grabbed his gun, and won via incapacitation.

Obviously..I don't get what you mean. I'm saying that Thor wasn't in his right mind, and only used physical strikes. Sort of like how in Uncanny Avengers when Red Skull with Professor Xaviers brain ( took his brain, and got his powers ) mind controlled Thor into fighting his comrades. He was only fighting like Hulk. Why do you keep bringing up gear? I already said Thor had the Power Gem, and Thanos had a item that wasn't standard gear. I know what Thanos is capable of. Heck I even said Thor gets stomped, but will fight with his storms, and energy blast oppose to the time in the past. Actually that's not what happened. If you want, I will bring out the scans. He stopped, because he knew if he had continued brawling with the amped Thor he would lose.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bronze_surfer: what? what universe was that, in that case?

@cosmostyrant:

@fernando072295reborn said:

evidence of that being a clone of Thanos?

and self-amping is within Thor's power

It's a clone.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmostyrant:

OP specifically says that Thor can do anything in his power, getting the belt of strength and sheild of Odin are pretty easily things that Thor could do on a regular basis

@bronze_surfer:

didn't Galactus get wrecked by Dr STrange at some point

also, Galactus stated he was hurt by Mjolnir

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath:

its a clone according to whom?

scans, or wikis, or anything to back that up?

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1: Clasic Strange yes the same man who held his own against Lt.

He was starving when that happend. Of course him being starving is his version of jobber. When he is really hungry people like hulk and thor can hurt him but when he is fed watch out he would take down celestials.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos would break Thor's neck

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bronze_surfer:

classic Strange was impressed enough by Thor

No Caption Provided

wasn't Galactus also starving when Thanos fought him?

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1: I'm sorry for not being specific enough. I don't mean that Thor can leave the fight and go get his gear. Just that he'll use everything within his power to win using Mjolnir and his standard self.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: Thor has resisted Telepathy tons of times

also, what kind of TP feats does Thanos even have?

people are always talking about his psychic abilities, but I don't recall him ever using them

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Bronze_Surfer

@betatesthighlander1: He was immpresed by the power of an immortal soul (Even though he is not immortal) but that is irrelevant. He used a spell that made your greatest fears come out and it KO Galactus it would do the same to thor.

I don't know.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers