• 152 results
#102 Edited by Lvenger (20039 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvel_boy2241: Show me evidence then of Thor's psionic resistance. I can show Thor getting mind wiped by Xavier during an AvX tie in, Thor getting turned into Moondragon's sex slave, Thor getting punked again during Uncanny Avengers, what evidence do you have? And it's you who's relying on ABC logic since your claims are predicated on these being "the most powerful telepaths" when other telepaths have made Thor into a a TP wreck. And you're dodging the question by saying Raven can't beat these telepaths, that's not what's being asked here.

#103 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12206 posts) - - Show Bio
#104 Edited by Lvenger (20039 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: Doing my best here but I can't seem to find Thor getting easily mind wiped by Xavier. There seem to be too many instances of Thor seemingly 'resisting' TP when he's been manipulated on many more occasions also. The latter happens far more often.

#105 Posted by marvel_boy2241 (2468 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm on you. I know I'm using ABC logic. That's nearly the only logic you can use when doing battle involving people from different universes. You logic is just flawed. Your saying that Raven beats Thor because Xavier beats Thor. By that same logic Raven is either greater than or equal to Xavier but there's the flaw. I (and I'm sure many other people) have a hard time believing that Raven is anywhere near Xavier. I already showed scans earlier but here they are. Why is it hard to believe that Thor has psionic resistance?

This is Emma Frost.

#106 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12206 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm on you. I know I'm using ABC logic. That's nearly the only logic you can use when doing battle involving people from different universes. You logic is just flawed. Your saying that Raven beats Thor because Xavier beats Thor. By that same logic Raven is either greater than or equal to Xavier but there's the flaw. I (and I'm sure many other people) have a hard time believing that Raven is anywhere near Xavier. I already showed scans earlier but here they are. Why is it hard to believe that Thor has psionic resistance?

This post is completely senseless, you admit to using flawed ABC logic but choose hypocrisy and say Lvengers logic is flawed. You then completely take his argument out of context (his argument isn't Xavier beat Thor so Raven can...it's Thor is not invulnerable to TP and can be beaten by such means) and we already know Thor can "resist" TP, but only under circumstances since there are other times where he is not as resistant to TP...Xavier has telepathically communicated with Thor without his permission. Not specifically a battle feat.

Thor smashing a diamond form of Emma Frost (anyone who knows a damn thing about Emma knows she can't use TP while in diamond form) is completely out of context...was it supposed to mean something? Anyway she won that fight so I can't see how that helps your argument...

#107 Edited by marvel_boy2241 (2468 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days I'm on you. That scan you showed just looks like Xavier communicating with Thor not attacking him. I don't care about that though. Here's my point. Thor resists psionic attacks. First someone tells me "No he doesn't". I show proof that he does. Then someone says "Well he might resist some but he still loses". You all are missing the point. Thor has the ability to resist psionic attacks. Raven has not gone up against anyone who is resisting her. It looks to me like she is catching most of these people by surprise. She wont catch Thor by surprise. When I show these scans my goal is to convince you that that Thor can resist.

This is The Phoenix. Now, your going to try to tell me that Raven is some how comparable to the Phoenix.
Thor even says that mysticism doesn't work on him, after enduring hellfire.

Oh, I do know a damn thing about Emma Frost? During that fight she attempted to use telepathy on him and failed. Showing further that he can resist. She had surprised him with her diamond form but her first attempt was telepathy. Thor politely smacked her.

#108 Edited by dondave (37612 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is Thor's TP resistance being discussed, he was recently mind controlled by Madcap for god's sake

#109 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12206 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvel_boy2241: Obviously Thor can resist TP, I've said that myself, you aint on a damn thing, I called you out on your BS ABC logic, your out of context take on Lvengers post and your out of context use of that Emma scan, if you wanted to prove Thor resisted her then you should've used that scan instead. If anything I'm on YOU. As for Phoenix, he blocked the bolt with his hammer, nothing about his own resistance is even hinted...another out of context scan. The Ghostrider scan is not out of context cus it shows he is resistant to magic/mystics etc... we know that already. Anyway try again.

#110 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12206 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Why is Thor's TP resistance being discussed, he was recently mind controlled by Madcap for god's sake

damn

#111 Posted by Lvenger (20039 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvel_boy2241: Frost can't use her TP in diamond form. Don't take scans out of their needed context. And that was a much weaker Ghost Rider with Blaze in control. With Zarathos in full control, Ghost Rider has defeated hell lord beings easily and even Lucifer at 50% of his power. Using a classic scan only undermines your case.

@ancient_0f_days Thanks for explaining my argument to him even though it's a rather simplistic and obvious case.

@dondave Because of Raven's empathic abilities granting her a significant mental advantage in the fight in being able to pacify or end Thor. And is the instance you're talking about the one where Thor and Luge Cage are made to dance bizarrely in the current Deadpool series?

#112 Posted by dondave (37612 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@dondave Because of Raven's empathic abilities granting her a significant mental advantage in the fight in being able to pacify or end Thor. And is the instance you're talking about the one where Thor and Luge Cage are made to dance bizarrely in the current Deadpool series?

Yep

#113 Edited by Lvenger (20039 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: Thought so. Only in that series would such a feat occur.

#114 Posted by marvel_boy2241 (2468 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days I am on you. Those scans are legit. Listen to yourself. He resisted a telepathic bolt from The Phoenix. Why couldn't he do something similar to Raven. That's the question you have no answer to. That Ghost Rider scan proves that he has resistance from magic or mysticism (which is a HUGE part of Raven's power's!). He can resist. That is the main point. Mjolnir is his standard gear. So, he can use it for whatever including defending psionic attacks.

His resistance is hinted in both scans. He says that he is Asgardian born so their attacks are useless. Thor is referring to himself. So, I am in context. I think you just don't want to see.

Tell me how my logic is unsound. Tell me what make Raven different from all the other psionic users that have failed against Thor.

#115 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12206 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days I am on you. Those scans are legit. Listen to yourself. He resisted a telepathic bolt from The Phoenix. Why couldn't he do something similar to Raven. That's the question you have no answer to. That Ghost Rider scan proves that he has resistance from magic or mysticism (which is a HUGE part of Raven's power's!). He can resist. That is the main point. Mjolnir is his standard gear. So, he can use it for whatever including defending psionic attacks.

His resistance is hinted in both scans. He says that he is Asgardian born so their attacks are useless. Thor is referring to himself. So, I am in context. I think you just don't want to see.

Tell me how my logic is unsound. Tell me what make Raven different from all the other psionic users that have failed against Thor.

He raised his hammer to defend from the bolt...why would he have to raise his hammer if he can resist the attack without it....Done.

#116 Edited by marvel_boy2241 (2468 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvel_boy2241: Frost can't use her TP in diamond form. Don't take scans out of their needed context. And that was a much weaker Ghost Rider with Blaze in control. With Zarathos in full control, Ghost Rider has defeated hell lord beings easily and even Lucifer at 50% of his power. Using a classic scan only undermines your case.

I am not taking anything out of context. Your taking what I said out of context. So, I'm on you. It is still hellfire. Thor still resisted it. It proves he can resist mysticism and magic. That's all I'm saying. Oh yeah, I meant to show this scan.

#117 Edited by marvel_boy2241 (2468 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days I'm on you. All you have done is try to undermine everything that I show you. He resisted a psionic attack from The Phoenix. His hammer is kind of like an extension of his body. It is a huge part of him. Now, I think you are clearly in denial. Even if he needed Mjolnir to defend against psionic attacks, you act as if he wont have his hammer when he battles The Titans...Done.

#118 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12206 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days I'm on you. All you have done is try to undermine everything that I show you. He resisted a psionic attack from The Phoenix. His hammer is kind of like an extension of his body. It is a huge part of him. Now, I think you are clearly in denial. Even if he needed Mjolnir to defend against psionic attacks, you act as if he wont have his hammer when he battles The Titans...Done.

Now you're straight up lying, the hammer has been broken on several occasions and Thor didn't feel like he was missing a vital limb. You were wrong about resisting the Phoenix attack, Raven doesn't shoot beams of psionic energy...fail.

Also, by your logic since Thor "resisted" phoenix...madcap>phoenix...ha

#119 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21880 posts) - - Show Bio

Well if the Titans can handles Superboy Prime.....

#120 Edited by marvel_boy2241 (2468 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days I'm on you.

I'm lying, am I? I said that Thor's hammer is like an extension to his body. When I say that I am saying that he is rarely seen without it. You think this statement is exaggerated? No, it's not. The Mjolnir is his signature weapon. Ask anyone.

You were wrong about resisting the Phoenix attack, Raven doesn't shoot beams of psionic energy...fail.

He resisted a psionic attack from The Pheonix. There is really nothing you can say to subvert this. You can laugh and say fail over and over but it wont change those scans I posted. Show me scans of Madcap using psionics to affect Thor.

Tell me what is false in these next few sentences. Raven uses psionics to attack. Psionics would would most likely be her method of attack on Thor, should they ever confront each-other. However, Thor has resisted psionics from some of the most powerful psionic users including The Pheonix.

If nothing in those sentences was false then it is likely that Raven cannot beat Thor. In which case, The Teen Titans lose.

#121 Posted by swordmasterD (2244 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvel_boy2241: Is it me or i he reading between the line and taking things out of context...

#122 Posted by lollercoaster9000 (163 posts) - - Show Bio

The teen titans are Raven, Donna Troy, Dick Grayson, Beast-Boy, Cyborg, Starfire, Superboy, Cassie Sandmark and Aqualad.

Aqualad solos

#123 Edited by marvel_boy2241 (2468 posts) - - Show Bio
#124 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12206 posts) - - Show Bio
#125 Posted by Doomnaut (1993 posts) - - Show Bio

Teen Titans.

#126 Edited by marvel_boy2241 (2468 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days I think he is talking about you taking things out of context, not me.

Oh yeah, there are a few things I forgot.

I saw the scan with Thor and Madcap. They weren't even battling. Madcap's powers aren't psionic. Even if his power's were psionic they are exclusively non-offensive. That means he couldn't have done anything to hurt Thor. Nice try, though. You don't understand logic if you think I could ever believe that Madcap beats the Phoenix.

Which reminds me. Remember when you said that the reason that Thor survived the Phoenix is because he had his hammer. (I remember even if you don't.) Well, that is as wrong you can get. Emma Frost had Phoenix Force in those scans. She still couldn't get past Thor's resistance. I know your going to come up with some excuse though.

I am still waiting for you to tell me what I said that was false in my last post.

#127 Posted by swordmasterD (2244 posts) - - Show Bio
#129 Edited by Roddy010 (5250 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvel_boy2241: Just because no one wants to continue with your foolishness doesn't qualify as a win. I've already provided proof that Teen Titans take down Thor and you have yet to counter any of my claims properly and honestly everyone that you "got on" has completely shut your argument down. Come back when you have more experience in debating.

#130 Edited by SOG7dc (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor runs through them like wet tissue paper

#131 Edited by marvel_boy2241 (2468 posts) - - Show Bio

@roddy010 I'm on you. Don't get mad because I get on you. Why don't you do something to get me off? You try to get on me but I just shrug you right off.

I have countered many of your arguments. I have provided scans showing the truth. You have chosen to ignore them. That is your choice. IMHO I think your issue is you don't get the angry response from me that you fish for. I know that you(and other people who disagree with me) have made (lame) jokes to try to combat my arguments and it doesn't work. If you come up with an argument that thwarts my argument then that means you've won. You haven't ,though. So, you lose.

Come back when you have more experience in debating.

I have never left, so how can I come back? I'm right here waiting for you. You however, have left. Come back for me. I dare you.

#132 Posted by Lvenger (20039 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not taking anything out of context. Your taking what I said out of context. So, I'm on you. It is still hellfire. Thor still resisted it. It proves he can resist mysticism and magic. That's all I'm saying. Oh yeah, I meant to show this scan.

No it's still you taking things out of context. See in that scan Emma Frost's comment of "Oh God" more than likely means she saw something in Thor's mind. Meaning she got through all those pesky mental defenses Thor supposedly has. This isn't a TP resistance feat for Thor, all he's doing is yelling "Out of my head witch" before slamming Mjolnir into her. Again, this is no different than what Thor meant through with Death Seed Sentry.

Note the similarities yet again. Thor commands Sentry to stop with the TP but that doesn't do anything. Sentry continues to speak in Thor's mind without Thor resisting it at all. And prior to his resurrection, the Sentry had few offensive TP feats to speak of so this doesn't say much for Thor's mental resistance. It's the same as Xavier effortlessly invading Thor's mind or mind wiping him along with the rest of the Avengers. And Thor won't have that defense to Raven's empathy. Without her, I concede that the Titans do lose this fight but with Raven here, the Titans can distract Thor whilst she invades his mind and controls his emotions.

#133 Edited by marvel_boy2241 (2468 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger I'm on you. I think you are still taking things out of context. The fact that Thor is still up and screaming proves that Emma couldn't hurt him with psionics. Every time you show me a telepath it just proves my point. According to you "Emma Frost had the power to just shut his brain down. After all, he had no defense." Yes. That's basically what you are saying. What I am asking is, if she had the power to do that, why didn't she? You can't answer that. She didn't find anything in his head. Notice the look on her face when she attempts. She is screaming and concentrating. She is trying to attack but something is stopping her. That is called defense. Emma said "Oh god" because a big dude with a hammer was coming at her. I would say "Oh god" too!

Thor commands Sentry to stop with the TP but that doesn't do anything. Sentry continues to speak in Thor's mind without Thor resisting it at all. And prior to his resurrection, the Sentry had few offensive TP feats to speak of so this doesn't say much for Thor's mental resistance.

Let me use a real world example: Let's say you have bullet proof armor all over your body. What is stopping me from walking up to you and calling you gay(which just happens to be your pet-peeve)? Nothing. Why? All I am doing is communicating. However, I still can't shoot you (unless I have armor piercing bullets). The point is you can communicate with out harming someone.

This is no different from what Sentry is doing. He still couldn't hurt Thor with psionics! *whiny voice* If he wasn't hurting Thor then why did Thor yell? Thor yelled because he doesn't like people communicating in his his head. It's his pet-peeve. Not to mention Thor loves yelling. It's kind of his thing. *even-whinier voice* Then how come Xavier can do it? Xavier and Raven are not on the same level. Marvel psionic users have better feats than Raven. They are considered to be some of the most powerfull beings ever to exist. That's why all of these scans show someone trying to attack Thor mentally, failing, and then trying something new. Emma had to use he diamond form, not psionics.

Notice the change in Senty's speech bubbles from the scans you posted. He is no longer in Thor's head. He failed, just like how Emma Frost. Eventually Wasp comes to save the day but Sentry didn't even get close to beating Thor. Especially not with psionics, which is what this debate is about. Read my posts I never said psionic users couldn't communicate with Thor I said most of them can't attack Thor.

#134 Posted by New_World_Order (13235 posts) - - Show Bio

Even I can admit Thor is not as T/P resistant as he was in the classic days. I think that's what will cost him the match, otherwise he would win.

#135 Posted by Lvenger (20039 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger I'm on you. I think you are still taking things out of context. The fact that Thor is still up and screaming proves that Emma couldn't hurt him with psionics. Every time you show me a telepath it just proves my point. According to you "Emma Frost had the power to just shut his brain down. After all, he had no defense." Yes. That's basically what you are saying. What I am asking is, if she had the power to do that, why didn't she? You can't answer that. She didn't find anything in his head. Notice the look on her face when she attempts. She is screaming and concentrating. She is trying to attack but something is stopping her. That is called defense. Emma said "Oh god" because a big dude with a hammer was coming at her. I would say "Oh god" too!

How am I taking things out of context again? Are you saying that every time I prove your point to be wrong, I'm proving you to be right? That logic is entirely circular in nature. The scan clearly shows that Emma got into Thor's head, saw something strange which enabled Thor to bludgeon her with Mjolnir. He's been downed by psionic and telepathic users countless times in modern canon and in this scenario, Emma is through Thor's defenses with ease but has been surprised by something. Unless you can find the writer explicitly saying that Thor was resisting Emma's TP (which contradicts Thor's showings against TP) The look on her face is related to what she saw, not Thor's TP defenses. She's broken through actual telepaths and beings' mental defenses and yet Thor's mind surprising her is supposed to make those feats defunct? I don't think so.

Let me use a real world example: Let's say you have bullet proof armor all over your body. What is stopping me from walking up to you and calling you gay(which just happens to be your pet-peeve)? Nothing. Why? All I am doing is communicating. However, I still can't shoot you (unless I have armor piercing bullets). The point is you can communicate with out harming someone.

This is no different from what Sentry is doing. He still couldn't hurt Thor with psionics! *whiny voice* If he wasn't hurting Thor then why did Thor yell? Thor yelled because he doesn't like people communicating in his his head. It's his pet-peeve. Not to mention Thor love yelling. It kind of his thing. *even-whinier voice* Then how come Xavier can do it? Xavier and Raven are not on the same level. Marvel psionic users have better feats than Raven. They are considered to be some of the most powerfull beings ever to exist. That's why all of these scans show someone trying to attack Thor mentally, failing, and then trying something new. Emma had to use he diamond form, not psionics.

Notice the change in Senty's speech bubbles from the scans you posted. He is no longer in Thor's head. He failed, just like how Emma Frost. Eventually Wasp comes to save the day but Sentry didn't even get close to beating Thor. Especially not with psionics, which is what this debate is about. Read my posts I never said psionic users couldn't communicate with Thor I said most of them can't attack Thor.

That real world example is totally flawed in that Thor did not want Sentry to be communicating with him telepathically. He tells Bob to stop with the madness but Sentry keeps it up riling Thor and speaking in his mind against his will.

You're pathetically showing yourself up with the whiny voice trope. You're the one who's pitifully whining against Thor's supposed TP resistance when he lacks a lot of solid showings to corroborate that.None of your points demonstrate that Thor has any consistent TP resistant feats. And are you actually kidding me? This is your counter against Sentry's TP? Can you not see how ridiculous that is? There is not one shred of convincing, real evidence that Sentry has failed to get into Thor's head. Sentry does not comment on it, Thor does not comment on it and Remander does not comment on it. You have no proof that Sentry could not get into Thor's head instead of, oh I don't know just deciding to switch to ordinary talking like he was doing in this series thus far. Communicating with Thor psionically implies a sense of invading his mind against his will and this is something you haven't countered at all. Oh and Thor wasn't close to beating Sentry at all. He got overpowered on multiple occasions.

#136 Edited by marvel_boy2241 (2468 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger I'm on you.

There you go again. Taking things out of context is a bad habit.

There is not one shred of convincing, real evidence that Sentry has failed to get into Thor's head.

That's not what we are debating. We are questioning Sentry's ability to attack(and defeat) Thor using psionics. There is not a single shred of convincing real evidence that Sentry could have beating Thor with psionics. Since you believe that Sentry had the ability to attack Thor so easily answer this Question. Why couldn't Sentry beat Thor with his telepathy? Sentry did fail against Thor, unless I'm mistaken and Sentry and Emma really did beat him using psionics.

How am I taking things out of context again?

You are ignoring the meaning of the scans by adding a false interpretation of them. You are saying that Emma succeeded in attacking Thor with psionics simply because Thor said "Get out of my head".

The scan clearly shows that Emma got into Thor's head, saw something strange which enabled Thor to bludgeon her with Mjolnir. He's been downed by psionic and telepathic users countless times in modern canon and in this scenario, Emma is through Thor's defenses with ease but has been surprised by something.

This is a claim backed by nothing. If she got into Thor's head so easily, why was she screaming? Not only that, but for her to see something of a surprising nature she would have to be scanning his memories. Why would she be interested in his memories if she has the ability to attack strait away? Why would she be interested in his memories if they were already confronting each other? Answer these questions, please.

Tell me what is false in these next few sentences. Raven uses psionics to attack. Psionics would would most likely be her method of attack on Thor, should they ever confront each-other. However, Thor has resisted psionics from some of the most powerful psionic users including The Pheonix.

And are you actually kidding me? This is your counter against Sentry's TP? Can you not see how ridiculous that is?

No. Yes. Yes, I cannot see how ridiculous this is.

Communicating with Thor psionically implies a sense of invading his mind against his will and this is something you haven't countered at all.

I told you before, communicating with someone using psionics does not mean or imply that you have the ability to beat them with psionics. Is the statement in bold true or false?

#137 Posted by Lvenger (20039 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger I'm on you.

There you go again. Taking things out of context is a bad habit.

Yes a bad habit you should learn from.

That's not what we are debating. We are questioning Sentry's ability to attack(and defeat) Thor using psionics. There is not a single shred of convincing real evidence that Sentry could have beating Thor with psionics. Since you believe that Sentry had the ability to attack Thor so easily answer this Question. Why couldn't Sentry beat Thor with his telepathy? Sentry did fail against Thor, unless I'm mistaken and Sentry and Emma really did beat him using psionics.

Nor is there convincing evidence that Thor could resist Sentry's psionics at all when all Sentry was doing was having a chat in Thor's head. If Thor's psionic defenses are so impenetrable, how could Sentry talk to him at all? Answer: Because Thor's psionic defenses are pitiful in their showings. And in case you need reminding so we don't get off topic

In their two fights in Uncanny Avengers thus far, Thor has been defeated by Sentry. Check this thread for yourself if you want the full scans: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=585162&pagenumber=2

You are ignoring the meaning of the scans by adding a false interpretation of them. You are saying that Emma succeeded in attacking Thor with psionics simply because Thor said "Get out of my head".

See, what you're doing here is basing my supposedly "out of context" arguments on a false interpretation whilst ignoring that Emma's expression relies on her having seen something in Thor's mind thus generating the comment in the first place and showing Emma breached Thor's mind.

This is a claim backed by nothing. If she got into Thor's head so easily, why was she screaming? Not only that, but for her to see something of a surprising nature she would have to be scanning his memories. Why would she be interested in his memories if she has the ability to attack strait away? Why would she be interested in his memories if they were already confronting each other? Answer these questions, please.

Funny how we're talking about being backed up by nothing when your case relies on such flimsy points. She would be scanning his mind to look for a way to attack him and bring him done. She would be interested because Thor has seen things that defy ordinary human understanding as has been the case in his own series. See point 1 for your third question.

And this is where you fail again. Thor has NOT, that's absolutely 100% irrefutably NOT resisted TP from The Phoenix. He raised his hammer to redirect the blast. There was no resistance because the blasted bolt hadn't reached Thor yet. Go and read the scan yourself before claiming to be 'on me' as you've been doing ridiculously for the past 5 comments when you aren't 'on' anyone. Raven has breached into the minds of other beings with more resistance to TP than Thor on multiple occasions. She can control Thor empathically here.

I told you before, communicating with someone using psionics does not mean or imply that you have the ability to beat them with psionics. Is the statement in bold true or false?

You're simplifying things too much. Martian Manhunter tends to communicate with his JLA teammates with their permission yet if he wishes to speak with them, he can do so using TP without their permission. In the Xavier scan, Xavier spoke to Thor without his permission meaning he can breach his mental defenses. So the question is true depending on the strength of the telepath and the mental defenses of the person they're assaulting. Please try and learn about constructing proper arguments and reasoning before trying to make a proper case on the battle forums. Logic and reason are key, not misinterpretation and flimsy evidence.

#138 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12206 posts) - - Show Bio

This is getting sad....

@lvenger: you gonna keep trying against him? It's a waste honestly, like that guy who thinks Aquaman is FTL...there's no point trying to convince him.

#139 Posted by Wolverine08 (42477 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems like Thor threads always revolve around the topics of speed and telepathic resistance...

Good ole Thor threads.

#140 Edited by marvel_boy2241 (2468 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger I'm on you. No matter what, I'm on you.

Note the similarities yet again. Thor commands Sentry to stop with the TP but that doesn't do anything. Sentry continues to speak in Thor's mind without Thor resisting it at all. And prior to his resurrection, the Sentry had few offensive TP feats to speak of so this doesn't say much for Thor's mental resistance.

Nor is there convincing evidence that Thor could resist Sentry's psionics at all when all Sentry was doing was having a chat in Thor's head.

In one post you refer to Sentry communicating with Thor as offensive. In the next post you say all sentry was doing was having a chat which is non-offensive. Flip-flop much?

Nor is there convincing evidence that Thor could resist Sentry's psionics at all

The convincing evidence is that according to you Sentry had the ability to defeat Thor psionically, but didn't. He didn't beat Thor with his mind. He didn't beat Thor at all. That is the evidence. How is this not evidence?

See, what you're doing here is basing my supposedly "out of context" arguments on a false interpretation whilst ignoring that Emma's expression relies on her having seen something in Thor's mind thus generating the comment in the first place and showing Emma breached Thor's mind.

I'm saying you're wrong. You're saying I'm wrong. This is getting nowhere. My point on the Emma Frost Scans is that she could not beat Thor using telepathy. Is this true or false?

And this is where you fail again. Thor has NOT, that's absolutely 100% irrefutably NOT resisted TP from The Phoenix. He raised his hammer to redirect the blast. There was no resistance because the blasted bolt hadn't reached Thor yet. Go and read the scan yourself before claiming to be 'on me' as you've been doing ridiculously for the past 5 comments when you aren't 'on' anyone.

I am on you. I will always be on you until I choose to get off. That being said this is what i asked you to answer:

However, Thor has resisted psionics from some of the most powerful psionic users including The Pheonix.

This statement is 100% true. The phoenix sent a telepathic bolt at Thor. That telepathic bolt was psionics. He resisted it. Read the scan. Read the statement. When did I say Thor resisted TP from The Pheonix? Answer: Never.

You're simplifying things too much.

No I'm not. Miss Martian can say "Hello" to Martian Manhunter using TP without his permission. If she sends him a message his brain is going to take it. However, I'm pretty sure Miss Martian can't beat Martian Manhunter in a TP battle. So stop dodging the question and answer this, communicating with someone using psionics does not mean or imply that you have the ability to beat them with psionics. True or false?

While your at it answer this too! What is false in these next few sentences. Raven uses psionics to attack. Psionics would would most likely be her method of attack on Thor, should they ever confront each-other. However, Thor has resisted psionics from some of the most powerful psionic users including The Pheonix.

Logic and reason are key, not misinterpretation and flimsy evidence.

*sarcastic voice* No, misinterpretation and flimsy evidence are key.

As for @ancient_0f_days I'm on you. Why are you here? Your not doing anything by coming here and saying that I'm comparable to a guy that says Aquaman is FTL. Just, no.

#141 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12206 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvel_boy2241: you're clearly delusional thinking you're different from the guy who thinks Aquaman is ftl with some of the ridiculous things you post, once again, saying you're on someone is off-putting. Like with this for example

@roddy010 I'm on you. Don't get mad because I get on you. Why don't you do something to get me off? You try to get on me but I just shrug you right off.

I have countered many of your arguments. I have provided scans showing the truth. You have chosen to ignore them. That is your choice. IMHO I think your issue is you don't get the angry response from me that you fish for. I know that you(and other people who disagree with me) have made (lame) jokes to try to combat my arguments and it doesn't work. If you come up with an argument that thwarts my argument then that means you've won. You haven't ,though. So, you lose.

I have never left, so how can I come back? I'm right here waiting for you. You however, have left. Come back for me. I dare you.

This post, makes you look foolish frankly. Man, you won't last a damn week lol

#142 Posted by marvel_boy2241 (2468 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days I'm on you. Why did you come here? I guess you want it too, huh?

I wont last here a damn week? Bet. You look foolish. I challenged him to make another comment towards me. He didn't. So, I suggest you hop off and get out. I really don't even know what you want. Then again, I don't care what you want. Leave me alone unless we are discussing a battle.

#143 Posted by Kakarot (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Teen titans are powerfull but thor has more power and is brutal, the titans are outmatched hear, they don't really have a chance none of the tt have strength speed durability to stand to thor

#144 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

O____O ALRIGHTY THEN.... @wolverine08: lol. "Good ole Thor threads."

#145 Posted by Topace (34 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvel_boy2241: you're clearly delusional thinking you're different from the guy who thinks Aquaman is ftl with some of the ridiculous things you post, once again, saying you're on someone is off-putting. Like with this for example

@marvel_boy2241 said:

Man look at his name Marvel Boy, so you know he was not going to give any DC character the props they deserve.

#146 Edited by marvel_boy2241 (2468 posts) - - Show Bio

Man look at his name Marvel Boy, so you know he was not going to give any DC character the props they deserve.

@topace I'm on you. Interesting notion. Using your logic a person with the username Deathstroke or Wolverine wont give any other character "props". Not only that but I'm not depriving Raven of her "props" simply because I believe she is not capable of beating Thor. This is Comic Vine. What you are describing is what I call picking a username and defending a character. I don't see the issue. Didn't you see the way this guy approached me. Everyone has the right to defend themselves.

P.S. I love DC.

#147 Edited by Lvenger (20039 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: Who thinks Aquaman has FTL reactions?

@marvel_boy2241 I haven't made another comment because I was finding scans of Emma Frost's superior TP feats, it got late last night and I lost interest trying to convince a brick wall that the sky is blue.

#148 Edited by marvel_boy2241 (2468 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger I'm on you. If you could have proven me wrong, you would have. Just like if Emma could beat Thor with TP, she would have.

I haven't made another comment because I was finding scans of Emma Frost's superior TP feats, it got late last night and I lost interest trying to convince a brick wall that the sky was ball.

The sky is not ball iirc. Why are you talking to bricks in the first place? That explains a lot.

#149 Edited by Lvenger (20039 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvel_boy2241: She can breach Thor's 'TP resistance' with ease, but I couldn't be bothered to spend the time proving you wrong when it's abundantly clear that an amped Emma could have taken down Thor.

And it's meant to say the sky is blue, I've just corrected it. The brick was referring to you btw which you'd have picked up on if you were paying attention in the slightest which was evident throughout this debate.

#150 Edited by marvel_boy2241 (2468 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger I'm on you.

Here is what you're basically telling me: Emma Frost could easily beat Thor with TP. His "resistance" is just too weak.

Here is what I say next: Thor has proven to have resistance. We can assume he doesn't have any resistance at all but then that poses yet another question. If she could have beat him using TP, why didnt she?

Here is what you say in response:

@marvel_boy2241: She can breach Thor's 'TP resistance' with ease, but I couldn't be bothered to spend the time proving you wrong when it's abundantly clear that an amped Emma could have taken down Thor.

You see the issue? When I ask you a question it isn't just to beat you in a debate. I truly want to know. If your answer doesn't make sense to me then I will question further. No one here in this forum has proven me wrong or answered my questions. You all say the same things. I give up, he is just too stubborn. Funny you give up right after I ask you a question. I think it is because you don't have an answer. Prove me wrong. Answer me.