thor vs superman (before hating on me PLEASE read op)

ndm5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ndm5

im aware this has been done multiple times... what is generally accepted is. superman wins because he is much faster, or thor wins because his hammer is enchanted. 

so what if we handi caped them? making superman the same speed as thor, and made thors hammer not magical? this to me seems like the better fight, cause with this both heroes are fairly equal (not dead equal) in most categories
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@ndm5: So really, who's the better fighter and stronger?
ndm5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ndm5
@texasdeathmatch

well, there is also the power, striking force (different than stength), intelligence and durabillity. but in a round about way, yes :) what is your opinion?
odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By odinforce
thor
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@ndm5: I'm leaning towards Superman, just because I personally think he has more impressive strength feats (I know many will disagree), but I think maybe the two are on par with durability.
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

i say superman wins.....

ndm5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ndm5
@texasdeathmatch
i agree with you there. superman is stronger (not by great leaps and bounds, but enough to clearly beat thor in an arm wrestle lol) but what about striking force? cause thor has broken a planet when he wasn't even making contact with it (he hit BRB, and the planet they were on broke)
odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By odinforce
imo they have equal strength but thor has greater striking power 
their durability and endurance is pretty much the same  

thor's fighting ability in h2h will play a good factor here since superman won't have the speed advantage like he normally would
thats why i say thor
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By buttersdaman000

How is somebody weaker going to have greater striking power? 
Imo, Superman would beat Thor h2h anyways. Ive never seen a scan of Thor displaying ability

Avatar image for supermandefender
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By supermandefender

This is a tough fight. Thor is the better fighter but Superman is physically stronger. When it comes to battle intelligence they are about the same but not over all intelligence. That id also give to Superman. I can see Superman out thinking Thor buying his time and healing up because of sun rays. And due to Thor not having Magic he will just be getting more and more beat. Its tough but I think ill give it to Superman. Magic was Thors main reason for being able to keep up with Superman and if it wasnt for Magic Superman would have any troubles at all fighting him.  Supes takes this.....honestly without the use of Thors magic id say Hulk, Surfer, and alot of other guys would pound right thru  him.

odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By odinforce
@buttersdaman000: they pretty much have same strength 

but anyway, lets say you and i were equal in strength, then we got into a fight, if you have only your fists and i have a giant metal hammer, im gonna have greater striking power

thor is way better than superman in h2h, he's been trained for thousands of years and held his own/or beat captain america in h2h combat and i'll try to find some scans. not to mention wrestling hercules
odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By odinforce
@supermandefender: thor's magic only affects his hammer abilities (lightning, godblast, flight). without it he still has his super strength, durability and asgardian physiology 
AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#13  Edited By AssertingValor

Thor.......................
Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Blood_guts

Cant thor use lightning?

sa5m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By sa5m
@dccomicsrule2011 said:
i say superman wins.....
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By buttersdaman000
@odinforce
I put Superman above Thor in all physical attributes but I see what you mean with the Hammer.

Yeah show me some scans cuz right now I dont see why Superman couldnt apply some of his own training on Thor
odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By odinforce
@Blood_guts said:
Cant thor use lightning?
yeah, he doesnt need his magic hammer to summon lightning 
that could also be another advantage here
odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By odinforce
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By Kallarkz

Been done to death. So many different versions... 
Thor Vs Superman no flight 
Thor Vs Superman No Hammer 
Thor Vs Superman No Speed. 
Thor vs Superman in an Adamantium Cage 
Thor vs Superman no powers 

Your own original thread from 5 months back: 
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/thor-vs-superman/589105/ 

Truth of the matter is its may the most popular win. People will bring up scans of both moving FTL or having reaction speed that is FTL. 
There are literally over 20 topics about these 2 fighting and I'm not sure why people arn't simply bored with it yet. 
There will never be a major consensus on the matter.  
Just one of those battle where you will never know. 

Many Thor fans need to actual look at his page and see what he can do. Both Superman and Thor have their limits. 
Good day =)

Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Blood_guts

i think Thor. he has a weapon to go along with strength and that multiplies the force. also he has better ranged attacks because superman gets tired from the laser vision.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thor in a good hard fight.

demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By demifiend

still supes. next

BarelyAverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BarelyAverage
@demifiend said:
still supes. next
Thor. He's a better fighter in pure H2H. Next please 
AtheneOwnsYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AtheneOwnsYou
@BarelyAverage:  Supes is better than Thor in H2H =/.
odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By odinforce
@AtheneOwnsYou said:
@BarelyAverage:  Supes is better than Thor in H2H =/.
i doubt it.  
what has superman done in h2h combat to surpass thor? 

i see that you're new but you should look at all of the feats first before saying somebody wins, not because you like someone better
AtheneOwnsYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AtheneOwnsYou

@odinforce

:  

A) Me being new has nothing to do with what i said. You were new also. Did you ASSume that just because i am new, i lack comic knowledge? Stop ASSuming :) 
B) Supes has been trained by batman, wonder woman, has Kryptonian martial arts, mongul...
 C) Stop ASSuming i prefer a comic character over another. You don't even know me :)     

Supes just hits Thor's pressure points (in a H2H only). I dont know how to upload pictures on the forums, but check my profile i have 2 pictures showing Supes feats using pressure points. 

ASSuming is bad.
odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By odinforce
@AtheneOwnsYou said:
@odinforce:  

@odinforce:  

A) Me being new has nothing to due with what i said. You were new also. Stop ASSuming :) 
B) Supes has been trained by batman.  
 C) Stop ASSuming i prefer a comic character over another. You don't even know me :)     

Supes just hits Thor's pressure points (in a H2H only). I dont know how to upload pictures on the forums, but check my profile i have 2 pictures showing Supes feats using pressure points. 
 ASSuming is bad.
1. u mad bro??? jk 
2. yes i once was new, and i barely knew anything then, and most new ppl here usually know nothing and pull a bunch of crap out of their...you know. thats why i assumed
3. i know one thing, if that picture in you're avatar is you, then you look like ian from smosh. but aside from that is seems you would favor superman considering your posts on other "DC vs. marvel" type threads (excluding the onslaught and galactus ones which are obvious). plus most newcomers are in favor in DC characters than marvel. 
4. you say supes can hit thor's pressure points as if thor couldnt do anything about it. thor has taken on captain america and hercules in h2h combat. i think he even subdued captain america. thor has taken groups of soldiers while being depowered and completely owned them. thor has had thousands of years of training and fighting wars. sure superman was taught by batman, but that doesnt put him anywhere near bruce's level of h2h combat. i bet i could learn pressure points in 4 hours. probably not but you get the point
ndm5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ndm5
@Kallarkz said:
Been done to death. So many different versions... 
Thor Vs Superman no flight 
Thor Vs Superman No Hammer 
Thor Vs Superman No Speed. 
Thor vs Superman in an Adamantium Cage 
Thor vs Superman no powers 

Your own original thread from 5 months back: 
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/thor-vs-superman/589105/  Truth of the matter is its may the most popular win. People will bring up scans of both moving FTL or having reaction speed that is FTL. There are literally over 20 topics about these 2 fighting and I'm not sure why people arn't simply bored with it yet. There will never be a major consensus on the matter.  Just one of those battle where you will never know.  Many Thor fans need to actual look at his page and see what he can do. Both Superman and Thor have their limits. Good day =)

as you can see this is different then those (and my old thread) this is them both handicaped, not with "no powers" or "no speed" (im also saying no magic). so my thread is different
Maikel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Maikel

Thor has this, he is more experienced fighting beings that either rival his own physical power, or are superiour, and then he depends on the abilities and striking power of his hammer to level the playing field. Superman is claimed to "always hold back", and fighting inferiour opponents. Thor has the edge in experience.