Thor vs Superman

This topic is locked from further discussion.

emmbro30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By emmbro30

Thor would ultimately win after a very long battle.  The two are too evenly matched strength wise for this to be quick.  The decideing factor would be the magic at Thor's disposal.

Danilo018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By Danilo018

About a durability 

They both survived Nova on nearby planet although Supes was koed (Thor wasn't, but i can't post the other scan because of the broken link but this happened in Infinity war saga). Although this is not his biggest durability feat. 

About strength, well both have shown dealing with incalcuable weights. Thor might be slightly better with this incalcuable weights, Supes has better planetery moving feats. So I think that it's easy to say that they ARE EQUAL IN STRENGTH TERMS. 

About speed well Thor isn't some slow brick and can percive things moving multiple speed of light. But Supes can Phase (advantage over Thor), and he can Fly on his own (advantage). 

Both are very good combatants (although Thor is better one) but Supes is what would we call smarter fighter 

So in the fist-fight without Supes flying I say tie (considering Thor is without the Mjlonir). Same thing but with Supes flying, SUpes wins. Warrior Madness Thor and Supes flying again very probably a tie. 

But Thor with Mjolnir well that is a big advantage over Supes since Thor has so manu ways to win the fight, without even ohysicly fighting Supes. 
Also Mjolnir add up for Thor is somehow NOT FAIR. Since it would be like two humans fighting, one with hammer and one with bare-hands (also add magic capabilities to hammer)

Speedball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By Speedball

Thor wins because I hate Superman and DC.

Speedball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By Speedball
@Danilo018 said:
"

About a durability 

They both survived Nova on nearby planet although Supes was koed (Thor wasn't, but i can't post the other scan because of the broken link but this happened in Infinity war saga). Although this is not his biggest durability feat. 

About strength, well both have shown dealing with incalcuable weights. Thor might be slightly better with this incalcuable weights, Supes has better planetery moving feats. So I think that it's easy to say that they ARE EQUAL IN STRENGTH TERMS. 

About speed well Thor isn't some slow brick and can percive things moving multiple speed of light. But Supes can Phase (advantage over Thor), and he can Fly on his own (advantage). 

Both are very good combatants (although Thor is better one) but Supes is what would we call smarter fighter 

So in the fist-fight without Supes flying I say tie (considering Thor is without the Mjlonir). Same thing but with Supes flying, SUpes wins. Warrior Madness Thor and Supes flying again very probably a tie. 

But Thor with Mjolnir well that is a big advantage over Supes since Thor has so manu ways to win the fight, without even ohysicly fighting Supes. 
Also Mjolnir add up for Thor is somehow NOT FAIR. Since it would be like two humans fighting, one with hammer and one with bare-hands (also add magic capabilities to hammer)

"
What do you mean, supes is a smarter fighter?  He may be stronger than Thor, but Thor's fighting skills are superior to Superman's.  Superman got beat up by Muhammad Ali.
Mumbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By Mumbles

thor wins

BattleMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By BattleMage

I'm bored so I thought I'd break down the stats between them. 

Strength - Toss up. Too close to call.

Durability - Superman's skin is harder to pierce but Thor has better damage soak in my opinion, and his Asgardian nature gives him ridiculous resistance to pain and ability to survive. Even in the most recent issue, Doom dissected a conscious Asgardian and took out his heart, and he said the Asgardian survived for a full 5 minutes as if, he would be perfectly fine if he were just to place it back. 

Speed - Superman is obviously faster, and has superior movement. No competition. Thor's reaction and reflexes time will allow him to handle it though. 

Power - Thor easily.

Versatility - Thor easily.

Experience - Thor is immortal (Comics > Handbooks.). Dude's so old his watched worlds die and Sun's explode. His been fighting while man was still shocked by fire. 

Fighting Skill - Thor. Along with all of his impressive showings, a creation of his psyche the Valkyrie was going toe to toe with Gamora and beat Moondragon. Those guys are the cream of the crop in hand to hand combat. Superman is no slouch though as well. The showing of how he beat Ultraman and Superwoman like children shows how effectively he can use his learned skills and powers. Also him defeating the Kryptonian recently comes to mind.    

BattleMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By BattleMage

Show a scan of supes speed blitzing someone of Thor's level before they can even react and getting a KO. I'm anxious to see these scans. 

In fact, how many times has Thor been speed blitzed in general. He has very good reaction speed as well as a hammer with FTL speed. So, show me the examples of Thor being speed blitzed and not able to adapt and react and land anything.    

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

I will have to say Thor. 

Because he beats him in enegry,fighting skills, and Durability.
BattleMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By BattleMage

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
 Yea, he can drain Superman of his Solar Radiation if he has to. 

Thor wins this fight by the way.    
BattleMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By BattleMage

Thor's fighting skill is no where near as flashy as pressure points, but still effective. He doesn't show as much recently, but back in the day, his fighting skill use to be his most used trait along with his speed more than likely in brawls. Shit, it's so effective while powerless he took down a Class 50 (Grogg the God Crusher.). 

And the instances from Blood and Thunder which are pretty ridiculous.

No one is saying Superman isn't good. His actually a very skilled fighter when he has to be. Thor's just shown to be more formidable in that department when needed from what I've seen.    

Avatar image for fist_of_mandalore
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor. While Supes has some advantages over him. He is too versatile as people have said. I think its the same as Supes vs SS. SS wins because of the versatility. But yeah, Thor wins.

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#212  Edited By spidey 15

Supes wins. 
=]

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#213  Edited By Thor's hammmer

Thor 2 shotted SS who can survive in stars without any amp so I will have to say Thor
TheDEMON!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By TheDEMON!

I have to say Thor.
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Thor's hammmer

also Thor matched Maxam and drax with the power gem and beat the power gem out of drax and the power gem=all the power in the universe
BattleMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By BattleMage

No Caption Provided
lol
Avatar image for fist_of_mandalore
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Thor's hammmer: Wait, Drax the Destroyer and Thor have fought?
Avatar image for supermandefender
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BattleMage:
 Nano second speed blizting.

Supes vibrates so fast he makes himself intangible if he wants to.
 This by itself should say Supes can take down Thor.
 Captain Atom can drain Energy to. Problly 1 of the best energy drains in DC. Cap.ATom in alot of respect is on Superman par level and can def. go toe to toe with Thor also.
 Captain Atom can drain Energy to. Problly 1 of the best energy drains in DC. Cap.ATom in alot of respect is on Superman par level and can def. go toe to toe with Thor also.
 The harder the Fight for Superman the more powerful he becomes basically.
 Thor is not more powerful than Shazam the Wizard. Supes is under control here but thats still his body withstanding the Wizards attack.
 Thor is not more powerful than Shazam the Wizard. Supes is under control here but thats still his body withstanding the Wizards attack.
 He can speed blizt Superboy Prime right now they are dragging him to a Red Sun. Not to mention Supes goes the Kryptonite here also and still beats SBP.
 He can speed blizt Superboy Prime right now they are dragging him to a Red Sun. Not to mention Supes goes the Kryptonite here also and still beats SBP.

Who cares about a supernova he withstood the mageddon.
 The speed blizt Superboy Prime. Fly thru kryptonite which only hurt Kal-EL and Thru a red sun. Supes then took a blast fromSBP level and beat him in battle afterwards.
 The speed blizt Superboy Prime. Fly thru kryptonite which only hurt Kal-EL and Thru a red sun. Supes then took a blast fromSBP level and beat him in battle afterwards.
No Caption Provided
BattleMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By BattleMage
@supermandefender said:
" @BattleMage:

No Caption Provided
"
Cool thx
BattleMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By BattleMage

DC is officially ass for this. Just look at the meeting between BA and Supes.
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Danilo018:  First off Supes is point blank in the suns face and Thor is not in your image. Second. Supes has taken Supernovas because or things more powerful than a Supernova in his face and was completely unharmed. Third you keep showing Classic Thor images....Thor is not displaying feats like that at the moment. Someone showed a image of Thor absorbing energy and says he can just absorb the energy right outta supes....ok so Why doesnt he just do that to Hulk before the fight starts? Why does Hulk Smash?

Ok this doesnt really count I get that but still???!
 Forget Supernova he KOed himself by falling to earth. Granted he was helpin out sum his friends and was doing sumthing here but still. For a guy taking Supernovas he should stand right up.
 Forget Supernova he KOed himself by falling to earth. Granted he was helpin out sum his friends and was doing sumthing here but still. For a guy taking Supernovas he should stand right up.
 Sumone said something about Thor standing up to Odin somewhere I just wanted to show how ridiculous that statement was.
 Sumone said something about Thor standing up to Odin somewhere I just wanted to show how ridiculous that statement was.
 Dun piss off Odin!
 Dun piss off Odin!
 Supes can take on sum of the best! As seen.
 Supes speed blizts  a Imperiex.
 Supes speed blizts  a Imperiex.
 This image goes to wit the image where Thor is laying Ko'ed in the dirt above.
 Ok. yal problly say PIS but its not complete out of the Hulks power to beat up on Thor so this fight isnt all that bad. Other things with the Rulk is but I can still see Thor having trouble against Rulk.
 Ok. yal problly say PIS but its not complete out of the Hulks power to beat up on Thor so this fight isnt all that bad. Other things with the Rulk is but I can still see Thor having trouble against Rulk.
 :)
 Supes withstood 1 million nuke blast. And he was not knocked out.
 Supes withstands particle beams.
 Ok, this is supes greatest feat by far! How he did this I dunno!  If this feat doesnt beat Thor then I dunno!
 Ok, this is supes greatest feat by far! How he did this I dunno!  If this feat doesnt beat Thor then I dunno!
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for thejuggernautpunch
TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermandefender: That scan where Superman takes out SBP and talks about what it is to be Superman... is epic.
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BattleMage:  Supes looks like he is powered up from yellow sunlight. I wouldnt be to surpised by that if it happen. It all depends on how much sunlight he absorbs. He can become more powerful than what that video of him beating BA. Thats actually a small feat compared to what he can really do.
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheJuggernautpunch:  YA. Thats why Kal-EL is the man!
iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By iLLituracy

That scan of Thor I'm pretty sure was after Thor released an EMP that shut off most of the world's communications which drained him or something. I'd have to look back at the issue, but I'm pretty sure that it wasn't just him falling to earth that put him down.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By iLLituracy

Nope, that was my bad, it was when he restored all of the Asgardians to life and literally covered the planet in a huge thunderstorm.

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By spidey 15

Superman wins. 
=]

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By progenitorigin

Superman takes it.  Nice scans, btw.

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Hellos
@progenitor said:
"Superman takes it.  Nice scans, btw. "

Of Thor exhausted falling from the atmosphere into the planet and the rediculous fight that was Odin Force Thor vs Rulk. One moment Rulk is flying around with Mjolnir, the other hes talking about Thor was going to beat him to death. 
Odin in the Destroyer fight was a lot longer than one page too. : /
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By Thor's hammmer

yeah Thor has heled his own against Odin. just not odin in the destroyer using the odin sword which still was alot more than was posted
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Hellos
@Thor's hammmer said:
"yeah Thor has heled his own against Odin. just not odin in the destroyer using the odin sword which still was alot more than was posted "

Yeah it went more like this: 

Sure his father was toying with him, which he wouldn't need the destroyer or the odin sword to do, but it was a lot more than just two pages and bam Thor was depowered.
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Thor's hammmer
@Hellos: 

Thor has faught odin without the destroyer before and it seemed more even but odin still won
BattleMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By BattleMage

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3724952/1/Thor_vs_Superman    

xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By xan84

Superman would 1 shot curent Thor ...
Funcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By Funcake
@Xan said:
"  Superman would 1 shot curent Thor ... "
This!
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Xan said:
"  Superman would 1 shot curent Thor ... "
You should say Jobber-Thor.
He theoretically is in his classic version. BRB (who isn't better than Thor) had good showing recently, but he isn't in Earth so writers allow him to not jobbing, so it is only artists fault.
blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By blackadam
@supermandefender said:
" @Danilo018:  First off Supes is point blank in the suns face and Thor is not in your image. Second. Supes has taken Supernovas because or things more powerful than a Supernova in his face and was completely unharmed. Third you keep showing Classic Thor images....Thor is not displaying feats like that at the moment. Someone showed a image of Thor absorbing energy and says he can just absorb the energy right outta supes....ok so Why doesnt he just do that to Hulk before the fight starts? Why does Hulk Smash?

Dun piss off Odin!
Dun piss off Odin!

Supes speed blizts a Imperiex.

Ok, this is supes greatest feat by far! How he did this I dunno! If this feat doesnt beat Thor then I dunno!
Ok, this is supes greatest feat by far! How he did this I dunno! If this feat doesnt beat Thor then I dunno!

"

dude, you are becoming really annoying with all thsi out of place scans, WTF is ultimate thor doing here? second why you show a scan of thor falling to the earth after  doing a planet wide feat? and posting the scan of teh rulk fight...dude, is loeb writting is like believing or oaying attention to what crazy people say, you just ignored. superman wins, but, most of your scans are irrelevant, since a believe this is classic thor, bot odin force thor, nor ultimate thor. please, learn when to post scans and post thsoe that really have something to do with the threat.
Avatar image for theshadowhunter
TheShadowHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By TheShadowHunter
@Danilo018:  You know that Superman used the Infinite Mass Punch on the Dark Moon, right? Thor wouldn't even be able to achieve that, lol.
Avatar image for theshadowhunter
TheShadowHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By TheShadowHunter
@Danilo018:  Do you hear yourself? You REALLY think the Midgard Serpent had unlimited weight? Nice joke. If he trully was, Earth would have been destroyed with him. Thor came to a stalemate with Hulk. Superman's strenght is above Hulk's.
blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By blackadam
@TheShadowHunter said:
" @Danilo018:  Do you hear yourself? You REALLY think the Midgard Serpent had unlimited weight? Nice joke. If he trully was, Earth would have been destroyed with him. Thor came to a stalemate with Hulk. Superman's strenght is above Hulk's. "

actually, those stalemates to the hulks are bullsh!t; thor shoudl eb able to kill the hulk with ease with all his feats. 

on topic:  
supermam wins.
Danilo018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By Danilo018
@TheShadowHunter said:
" @Danilo018:  Do you hear yourself? You REALLY think the Midgard Serpent had unlimited weight? Nice joke. If he trully was, Earth would have been destroyed with him. Thor came to a stalemate with Hulk. Superman's strenght is above Hulk's. "

First of all Midgar Serpent was STATED IN COMICS to have INCALCUABLE WEIGHT. Second thing when Midgar Serpent coiled around Earth it was in ETHERAL FORM. So that's way the Earth's crust was undamaged, but MS presecne in ETHERAL FORM was enough to cause major natural disasters on Earth. Third if you actually red any comics you would know those first two things.  
Fourth for INFINITE MASS PUNCH you need to achive a light-speed(as stated in comics with Flash) and it's logical since Einstain says if some body reaches light-speed it's mass will become infinite.
Danilo018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Danilo018
@supermandefender said:
" @Danilo018:  First off Supes is point blank in the suns face and Thor is not in your image. Second. Supes has taken Supernovas because or things more powerful than a Supernova in his face and was completely unharmed. Third you keep showing Classic Thor images....Thor is not displaying feats like that at the moment. Someone showed a image of Thor absorbing energy and says he can just absorb the energy right outta supes....ok so Why doesnt he just do that to Hulk before the fight starts? Why does Hulk Smash?

Dun piss off Odin!
Dun piss off Odin!

"

Odin in Destroyer armor was actually a flashback of how was Thor banished in Earth. So that wasn't OdinForce Thor (that's Thor post Odin's death). Also Thor being koed is scan taken of the context. And about SUpes feats of durability you posted, well survivng Moon destruction in 2995 (million nukes) isn't no where near impressive as survivng a Nova. Since Nova is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1000 000 nuke warheads. And don't use low showings (like Rulk vs Thor), since Supes has much more low showings than Thor.
BattleMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By BattleMage
@TheShadowHunter said:
Where the hell is Delta & Alberto when you need them?
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#244  Edited By Matezoide2

just to leave it clear,Thor wasnt hurt by the fall,he was damaged because he had strained himself after using a lot of magic to awaken the Asgardians

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By spidey 15
@Matezoide: Sooo....who you believe that wins. I give it to supes. 
=D
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#246  Edited By Matezoide2
@spidey 15 said:
" @Matezoide: Sooo....who you believe that wins. I give it to supes. =D "
i give it to Superman as well
although it is not a spite (haters gonna hate)
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By spidey 15
@Matezoide: Of course it's not a spite. 
=D
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By Hellos

@Matezoide said:

"Just to leave it clear. Thor wasnt hurt by the fall he was damaged because he had strained himself after using a lot of magic to awaken the Asgardians. "

I was wishing I had said it as clear as that.  
The whole concept of posting a scan of Thor passing out after pushing himself and then falling from orbit to crash into the ground without so much as a scratch and claim "SEE THOR GOT KOED BY FALLING ONTO THE EARTH, OMG LOOK HOW WEAK HE IS".  
Is quite a low ball attack against the character with out of context scans. So is showing Odin with the freaken Destroyer and Odin Sword owning classic Thor, posting two scans out of a much longer fight where the father beats the heck out of the son. 

Kudos for you keeping a fair and balanced mindset on this though.
BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

Thor was whooping Rulk after.

CharlieJade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By CharlieJade
@Danilo018 said:
"
"
"
I dig the Thor scans and agree Marvel weakened Thor into wanker status
but this scan above
How does this prove anything?

All it proves is superman is interested in xraying her laser eye surgery rather than check out that hot blondes cleavage and proves once again that Superman is probably a closet homosxual